Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (47813 Views)

How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Princealex1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
Brown14:
I read Banking and finance but the irony of the whole thing is that I don't like working in a bank so I learnt how to make clothes(sew) after my service year...But Lord knows my passion is acting and script writing and I am willing to pursue any opportunity that I sniff or presents itself.

Hello Brown14, i have smth i think you might be interested in. Pls pm your whatsapp digit or send to josefalex@outlook.com

Note: its more of a project than a job
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Princealex1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
Afospecialk:

When you are ready inbox me.

I will may not have time to teach you but I will help you with all necessary materials that will make a professional trader

would like to get the material too if you dont mind. Heres my mail: prialex477@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2019
FunnyDude:

Don't be depressed sir. Internet is really a blessing to our generation, please leverage on it.

My way of making a living online after service year has been through freelancing and other smart opportunities that came my way.

Never give up

Nice, am interested
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
Oduok:
Was teaching during my service year. Finished ending of 2016. Applied and taught in a private secondary school throughout 2017. Then early part of 2018 I had a temporary job to provide safety supervision for a project offshore. The project lasted for 6 months. Later part of 2018 I commenced NPower teaching in a technical college. Apart from the above, I produce liquid detergent, aftershave, Izal, bleach, methylated spirit, and hair cream which I learnt during my NYSC. I was engaged by an ICT Academy to teach an engineering software - Aspen HYSYS - in December last year. A service that lasted for 10 days. I do home lesson, assist university students in design projects. That's how I have been surviving.
Nice one
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Adek15(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Mizwisdom:

He wasn't giving an advice, he was joking but I understand and I've apologized.
nice
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
fixedhollies:
2014, it all started, when i was an undergraduate, i noticed that whenever i have a gadget people wanna buy it... Fast forward to service year 2015, i started importing power bank and flash drive, i started with Alawi, though i receive some back up like 5 to 10k from home. After nysc, i taught 4 one year and few months. Pay was 23k, it was very hard to live with... During this period, i came across importation treads on nairaland. I started with my 23k salary and sometimes i barely av something to eat, i trek tire. i quit d job, went 4 masters and survived with mini importation and iphone unlock.

Last year i hit fiverr and ate almost $2k, i pump it to importation. B4 fiverr come become hard these days... My advice is that, we should always try to reinvest any cash that flow in.... Now, at times i have at least 50k gain in a month, and sometimes 100k or more. i no remember when last i applied 4 job... Though, i cant say i am successful yet... But with God, all of us go make am last last. I they chop.
Nice one. By God's grace i wil b rounding up my service in 2 months time. I am interested in the importation business, i have been reading abt it for some days now. Pls, i need ur assistance on it.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by fixedhollies(m): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
Amehsam:
Nice one. My God's grace i wil b rounding up my service in 2 months time. I am interesting in the importation business, i have been reading abt it for some days now. Pls, i need ur assistand on it.
will be glad to put you through
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
greggng:
Thank God for npower otherwise I for dey curse Jonathan everyday
Thnk God for that. Pls hw r u coping with Npower stipend?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
SAMBARRY:
If you're still a corper and you're carried away by the razzmatazz and the 1year freedom to explore without planning for life after NySC ,sorry is your name.so if I were you I will go and learn a hand skill that can generate business and consequently income for me.unfortunately I see a lot of childish and stupid new generation corpers that just spend all their time and money in beer parlor, naija bet,clubbing and things that will be taking away their money instead of adding to their money.

You go to your places of primary assignments Monday-wednesday and Friday excluding Thursday. So instead of galivating on Thursdays which is your free day on iiidiotic things why not go learn a skill you have interest in so that before you even finish your NTSC,you're already making your own money excluding the lousy and cheap alawee money that can bearly sustain even during NTSC.so gradually you grow your business and after NYSc your business Will have grown substantially

Now the in thing and now has become a cultural thing or an unwritten law is that after nysc,just join the bandwagon and go for masters.whether masters degree is your calling or not ,whether it fits into your goals and aspirations, sha go.if its not masters,they go for MBA. Meanwhile after the so called masters,they still go back into the labor market.now why did these people join the bandwagon of going for masters? Its because their parents pushed then to go into it and what they fail to realise is that if after nysc, you don't chart the course of your life your parents will just be pushing you here and there,they will say bolaji has masters you to go and do masters.whether its what you like or not,they'll just push you into it.so nysc is a time for introspectiion.its a time to sit down with yourself alone and talk to yourself. Tell yourself the hardcore truth.you know yourself better than your parents, wife or girlfriend or boyfriend. Ask yourself, now I'm a graduate.I went to school just like everybody, what do I want to do with my life,how can I survive after nysc with minimal or no help from my parents? How can I make money,what are my interests? Its not a time for you to be turning your vagina to business centre because daddy and mummy is not there with you because if you don't quickly GIve your self brain and make money for yourself, your parents will be making the decisions you're supposed to be making for yourself
You have said it all. Well-said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Haywhy433(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2019
Pythondancer1:

Lol look at this jobless poor broke tout talking under the influence of poverty and frustration. No be me do you and your father wo you people inherited it from ur ancestors idiot son of ashawo without future ambition.

Mind you money is what i can never beg or ask from people i don't know. I do help people without demanding or expecting anything from them because My God that gave me the privilege is the only one that can reward me. Baba i do help people with money and other way round so shot da Bleep up and accept the fact that i'm better that ur father and all your ancestors jobless Hungary broke ass niga like you.

Lol you fall my hand i swear, you are talking out of frustration and you are in pain.

Who GOD has bless no one can curse.
You are frustrated because i define who you are and it is the real you and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you can't beat them then Join them.
Kiss my ass Nigga.
#Piss_off

Sir please I also need your help as I am a struggler.
Hayobamie@gmail.com. Or drop your mail
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Haywhy433(m): 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Afospecialk:

I will may not have time to teach you but I will help you with all necessary materials that will make a professional trader

Sir please I need the FX trading material.. Hayobamie@gmail.com. Thanks in adv.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
obeycian:
I am managing a 30k job within my field coupled with Npower 30k stipend while I still take mumcy morning and evening delicacy till I get a better offer..
nice and lucky u. Make sure u plan ahead with ur 60k

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
obamartins:
Men! this life is funny until God opens your eyes to see the billions of dollars on the internet. I have done several crazy jobs and received peanuts called salary until I asked God for direction and He came to my rescue. I worked in a place where the owner of the company treated everyone like shit. I took the bold step to walk away in 2017 despite having nothing to fall back on. A couple of months ago he called as was Like "Can you please come back, I will increase your salary and pay you guys regularly. I asked him a simple question. Sir, can you pay me up to N500,000 a month? He was proposing N80,000 a month from 60k which he was paying but not regular. I told him, sir, you can't pay me.

Today, I earn over N300,000 a month from the comfort of my home. I am not cut out for 8am - 5pm jobs God forbid. Folks no need to search for jobs, you can make it on the internet without defrauding anyone. All I do is write books and publish on Amazon. All the materials you need to write on any topic is on Youtube, stop the laziness and get your butts down to work. Serve no master. The problem with our so-called graduates is lack of research and laziness. They don't have the energy to research on what will put food on their table. I will never search for a job any day any time. Targeting N1,000,000 a month from book sales before June 2019. Will be spreading my tentacles to Amazon FBA very soon. By The end of 2019, i should average N5,000,000 per month by God's Grace. The millions is in your laptop connected to the internet.

PS: Nobody should PM for any tutorial or guide. I won't respond. All you need is on youtube and the internet, Take your time say one month to research and you will be glad you did. Convert Youtube Videos into books and sell on Amazon.

Final comment: Any computer scientist looking for a job in this era of ICT is a fool.

Attached is my sales report for last month.

Nice
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
Seandisputed:

baba find me better odds na, as Nigeria don cast graduates finish.
Lol....
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2019
fixedhollies:
will be glad to put you through
How do I reach u pls?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by fixedhollies(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Amehsam:
How do I reach u pls?
freezetrue gmail.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Amehsam(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
fixedhollies:
freezetrue gmail.
Alrit, thanks.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
id4sho:
Spent a year jobless, it ain't funny. I was able to secure a FG job but yet to be paid for about 8 months.

is it NIPOST??
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Haywhy433(m): 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2019
Afospecialk:

Sir please I need the FX trading material.. Hayobamie@gmail.com. Thanks in adv.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
Pythondancer1:

Lol baba i'm Christian and proudly one. Just accept the fact that aboki own and control Nigeria and you people are Minority and u don't have any hope. If you want me to proof my self DM me i'll even show u my academic qualification and even bank statement and i'll show u my appointment from many government agency that i'm collecting money from.

Drop ur pride and ask for help and tell me to show u d way and help ur ministry.
Your pride and arrogant will lead you to know where.
I have the power to enrol you in many para military, military or white collar job of ur choice. Zero ur pride and arrogant Nigga. Let me clear ur doubt for once.
You talk too much bro. Empty barrel makes the loudest sound.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Pythondancer1: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
FunnyDude:

You talk too much bro. Empty barrel makes the loudest sound.
And who are you?
I'm entitled to my opinion so is not of ur business, make that noise when you reach that level. Bloody looser.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Dholyboy(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
Amehsam:

Nice one bros, i like all what u just said. Am also a beneficiary, batch 2. I wil need ur guide in this importation business

No problem bro
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by mousano(f): 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
Pythondancer1:

Lol i'm currently serving in Imo and i'm also fucking all these your Igbo girls with Yam leg.

Lol Aboki is rulling you and ur ancestors in Nigeria and aboki will rule you till 2k23. You people are loosers in Nigeria nigga and you don't have hope that's why you are pain.

If you have good academic qualification DM me let me help ur ministry because na we own Nigeria.

No hard feelings.
Stop talking under the influence of pain and anger. I know how u re feeling right now.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by mousano(f): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Lol unlike your mother, I grew up under a hard working mother who believes that a woman can achieve anything she wants, I don't have examples of lazy women like you do who depend on a man to purchase everything for her including menstral pad tongue what happens if he dies before me and leaves me with kids I can't take care of? I'm not the lazy type so take your advise and shove it behind your sistas azzz
Sister you were probably in a bad mood while reading this cos you took it the wrong way. The tone of the post seems to be a joke though.
I wish you all the best in your pursuit. Better job comes your way.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 6:06am On Jan 25, 2019
Pythondancer1:
And who are you?
I'm entitled to my opinion so is not of ur business, make that noise when you reach that level. Bloody looser.
Which level are you.. Smh

I created this thread

Pride cometh before fall

When you die I hope you'll take all what you have achieved to the grave with you, where are those who owns it yesterday?

I don't mean any offense but please remember there are people who are more privileged than you do and are no more alive today without reasons.

The thread is to help other members for beneficial tips and other advice not to brag about ephemeral things.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by radna2: 6:41am On Jan 25, 2019
I finished service 2017, no job. I carry my small box and my guitar enter Abuja, I Waka and Waka looking 4 Job, my shoe bend. My skin black. It got to d point that I was even searching for hotel job. The hotel owners and d school owners dey post me. I spent money on transport for d search, no job. I was perching in my then single sisters house who was about to get married. The church I was playing guitar for will not even say - take this and support your ministry. One day, I climb go rock to feel high but still "on the low". I started thinking cos pressure was much (don't think I will jump down and die, my suffer never get PhD). I decided to go back to my father's house. Depression started to set in. I ran to a friends house to stay, but you know d koko....fast 4ward cos I like peace. I carry my bag again and entered Benin to a guy's house who wanted to teach me Muzik production. I started but then, who go gimme food. I withdraw small and started a teaching work, 20k was salary, but they drag my intestines out and I worry Dem. God punish devil. I work three months and used the money to purchase a popcorn machine. Now I'm learning my music production well and videograpghy which I just started. I'm no longer a beggar. Don't get much though, but I'm not a burden. At least I can drink coke without having brain tumor.

8 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by mousano(f): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2019
radna2:
I finished service 2017, no job. I carry my small box and my guitar enter Abuja, I Waka and Waka looking 4 Job, my shoe bend. My skin black. It got to d point that I was even searching for hotel job. The hotel owners and d school owners dey post me. I spent money on transport for d search, no job. I was perching in my then single sisters house who was about to get married. The church I was playing guitar for will not even say - take this and support your ministry. One day, I climb go rock to feel high but still "on the low". I started thinking cos pressure was much (don't think I will jump down and die, my suffer never get PhD). I decided to go back to my father's house. Depression started to set in. I ran to a friends house to stay, but you know d koko....fast 4ward cos I like peace. I carry my bag again and entered Benin to a guy's house who wanted to teach me Muzik production. I started but then, who go gimme food. I withdraw small and started a teaching work, 20k was salary, but they drag my intestines out and I worry Dem. God punish devil. I work three months and used the money to purchase a popcorn machine. Now I'm learning my music production well and videograpghy which I just started. I'm no longer a beggar. Don't get much though, but I'm not a burden. At least I can drink coke without having brain tumor.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Pythondancer1: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2019
FunnyDude:

Which level are you.. Smh

I created this thread

Pride cometh before fall

When you die I hope you'll take all what you have achieved to the grave with you, where are those who owns it yesterday?

I don't mean any offense but please remember there are people who are more privileged than you do and are no more alive today without reasons.

The thread is to help other members for beneficial tips and other advice not to brag about ephemeral things.
As i said earlier i'm entitled to my opinion baba. I've got pride and nothing you can do to change it.
I'm happy for the people that are more privileged than me and i pray for those that are not privilege to find a breakthrough this year.

If you created the thread so?
This is 2019 nigga.
#YOLO
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 25, 2019
radna2:

This is so touching
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
obamartins:
Men! this life is funny until God opens your eyes to see the billions of dollars on the internet. I have done several crazy jobs and received peanuts called salary until I asked God for direction and He came to my rescue. I worked in a place where the owner of the company treated everyone like shit. I took the bold step to walk away in 2017 despite having nothing to fall back on. A couple of months ago he called as was Like "Can you please come back, I will increase your salary and pay you guys regularly. I asked him a simple question. Sir, can you pay me up to N500,000 a month? He was proposing N80,000 a month from 60k which he was paying but not regular. I told him, sir, you can't pay me.

Today, I earn over N300,000 a month from the comfort of my home. I am not cut out for 8am - 5pm jobs God forbid. Folks no need to search for jobs, you can make it on the internet without defrauding anyone. All I do is write books and publish on Amazon. All the materials you need to write on any topic is on Youtube, stop the laziness and get your butts down to work. Serve no master. The problem with our so-called graduates is lack of research and laziness. They don't have the energy to research on what will put food on their table. I will never search for a job any day any time. Targeting N1,000,000 a month from book sales before June 2019. Will be spreading my tentacles to Amazon FBA very soon. By The end of 2019, i should average N5,000,000 per month by God's Grace. The millions is in your laptop connected to the internet.

PS: Nobody should PM for any tutorial or guide. I won't respond. All you need is on youtube and the internet, Take your time say one month to research and you will be glad you did. Convert Youtube Videos into books and sell on Amazon.

Final comment: Any computer scientist looking for a job in this era of ICT is a fool.

Attached is my sales report for last month.

I want to ask you this, do you make use of your real name and Nigeria as your country when registering for KDP?
Because we know how these whites perception towards Nigeria.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by acedsportsng: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
Uziyl:

I know about that. Udemy, Udacity, lynda and other online tutorial courses. I Have taken courses 9n those platforms before. I just need to learn more.
Thanks anyways

hello. I'm giving out free udemy courses. check my thread for the list

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Would You Give Blowjobs For 100k Monthly? Twitter User Narrates Ordeal / Fresh Graduate & Entry-level Jobs At MTN Nigeria / We Will Employ 500,000 Teachers In 2016 - Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.