Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (47736 Views)

How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by casualobserver2: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Rooneyboy:

That is government job for you in Nigeria, that is just the norm. Thing is they'll pay him the backlog once his name is registered on the civil service commission platform.
We all went through that stage.

I am just surprised that the wait has dragged to this level. No sense of urgency to capture people in the system because they know that workers can't just let the money they spent for the slot to just get burnt. It really isn't fair at all.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Santinojr: 2:03am On Jan 23, 2019
Afospecialk:
Life after service is more than challenging. I was able to save up to 300k during my NYSC plus the INEC allowance for participating in 2015 election but I lost all to a fraud outsourcing company that claimed they are recruiting for Dangote refinery therefore scamed me 180k. With the hope that I have gotten a big Oil and Gass job, I started spending the remain 120k until it became crystal clear that I had just been successfully duped by the fraudulent outsourcing company.

Lesson number (1) one. Never pay to a company to secure any job.

Having working for an Insurance company as a marketier for a year without any returned I decided to call it quit and try a new thing.

Lesson number (2). There is always room to try and have another options if what you are doing in not yielding any superlative result

My liberation have been through online marketing then migrate to Forex Trade. Glory be to God I make millions online at the comfort of my house.

Lesson number (3). Without learning anything you can make it in life if you are creative enough and pray hard
Bro , please can i contact you? I need personal enlightenment on Forex trade
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by AeroplaneApple: 3:02am On Jan 23, 2019
Pythondancer1:
In my Family once dem born you you are already in Government payroll and ur acc will just be growing like MMM. I finished my university fully funded by Government, i'm serving already and i'll pass out by March 2k19. Alawee is coming and Npower 30k is still coming and i was asked to make a choice between SSS, NDLEA, Short Service, Custom or FIRS before i pass out March.

Such is life.

Some peoples stories here is making me to cry.
God will make a way for you Guys.
I guess the government favours you that's why you are python dancing grin

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Muzikluva(m): 3:44am On Jan 23, 2019
fixedhollies:
2014, it all started, when i was an undergraduate, i noticed that whenever i have a gadget people wanna buy it... Fast forward to service year 2015, i started importing power bank and flash drive, i started with Alawi, though i receive some back up like 5 to 10k from home. After nysc, i taught 4 one year and few months. Pay was 23k, it was very hard to live with... During this period, i came across importation treads on nairaland. I started with my 23k salary and sometimes i barely av something to eat, i trek tire. i quit d job, went 4 masters and survived with mini importation and iphone unlock.

Last year i hit fiverr and ate almost $2k, i pump it to importation. B4 fiverr come become hard these days... My advice is that, we should always try to reinvest any cash that flow in.... Now, at times i have at least 50k gain in a month, and sometimes 100k or more. i no remember when last i applied 4 job... Though, i cant say i am successful yet... But with God, all of us go make am last last. I they chop.
Where do you import from... What products?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by fixedhollies(m): 4:11am On Jan 23, 2019
Muzikluva:

Where do you import from... What products?
US (eBay), phones and laptop...
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by cooltola(m): 4:16am On Jan 23, 2019
My own take i notice that some graduates feel that some jobs are beneath them. Some say N30000 is too small for a job and will prefer a job upto N50000. Please when there are no jobs , be ready to do any job as long it is legit. You will never know what you will meet as long as you keep working smart and hard. God bless you and fortune smile on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Ayodehji202: 4:28am On Jan 23, 2019
Life after NYSC Is really hard, especially if your parents are not rich enough to set you up, I passed out N October 2018,worked as a teacher for a month due to fear of returning home though the pay is small,i finally returned home November due to a. minor sickness and since then I could not return,so I started a small poultry of 25 layers bird, and am also learning how to compound feeds, and preparing to go into pig farming,plaintain farming, and cocoa farming.
Although it not easy staying at home and looking at my mum after all the hope and cash she has invested on me, and as a graduate people expect me to geta white collar job though have attended series of interview in Lagos but yet I don't feel fulfilled I just want to start something of my own., Though it's has not been easy on me especially coming from a community full of intimidation where some one as young as 15 /16 is already riding a car.
MY ADVISE TO THE POSTER AND ANY VIEWER OF THIS THREAD IS THAT DONT BE AFRAID, DRAW CLOSER TO GOD, EVERY CRIME HAS A PRICE, AND LOOK FOR SOMETHING YOU LIKE AND START DOING IT, AND KEEP ASIDE YOUR AM A GRADUATE MENTALITY,AND I PRAY THAT MAY THE HOD WHOM YOU SERVE SHOW YOU THE OART TO YOUR DESTINY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by joey150(m): 4:32am On Jan 23, 2019
obamartins:

Today, I earn over N300,000 a month from the c Take your time say one month to resea be glad you did.

On average, how long are the books you publish on Amazon?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by jhorjhor: 4:53am On Jan 23, 2019
Thread of the year so far
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by itspzpics(m): 4:54am On Jan 23, 2019
Thank God for Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 and other mods ... My life wud v bin completely gone cos my site makes some money from google AdSense through nairaland traffic ... Haa in fact u guys don't know u r saving a whole family from hunger ....till now I depend on my website for monthly income to survive my sef and my little ones

Thank u ooo nairaland God bless u

8 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Hisxellency: 5:16am On Jan 23, 2019
geeworld1:
Good day to everyone on this thread, I've read through the various posts on this thread and i must confess it has really been an eye opener. I have a question to ask, i just graduated late last year and mobilization for batch A is by February this year but I'm considering leaving that of batch A in order to raise some money to learn a digital skill and then go with batch B.
Pls is this a good idea or i should join the batch A streamline?
Mobilize and go with batch A.. You can learn any digital skill while serving. Time waits for no one

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by ebuka10box(m): 5:57am On Jan 23, 2019
Fairgodwin:

I stay very far from the Island, around Ogba area and I think it's going to be too far and stressful for you considering your pay, otherwise I'd have asked you to come manage at my place.
I stay alone, and I'm currently jobless though, but I would be more than willing to accommodate you and even support you in any way I can. I hate to see a fellow brother struggle, e dey pain me.
that's the spirit bro
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by geeworld1(m): 6:26am On Jan 23, 2019
Hisxellency:
Mobilize and go with batch A.. You can learn any digital skill while serving. Time waits for no one
Alright, thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by hakeem4(m): 6:34am On Jan 23, 2019
SAMBARRY:
If you're still a corper and you're carried away by the razzmatazz and the 1year freedom to explore without planning for life after NySC ,sorry is your name.so if I were you I will go and learn a hand skill that can generate business and consequently income for me.unfortunately I see a lot of childish and stupid new generation corpers that just spend all their time and money in beer parlor, naija bet,clubbing and things that will be taking away their money instead of adding to their money.

You go to your places of primary assignments Monday-wednesday and Friday excluding Thursday. So instead of galivating on Thursdays which is your free day on iiidiotic things why not go learn a skill you have interest in so that before you even finish your NTSC,you're already making your own money excluding the lousy and cheap alawee money that can bearly sustain even during NTSC.so gradually you grow your business and after NYSc your business Will have grown substantially

Now the in thing and now has become a cultural thing or an unwritten law is that after nysc,just join the bandwagon and go for masters.whether masters degree is your calling or not ,whether it fits into your goals and aspirations, sha go.if its not masters,they go for MBA. Meanwhile after the so called masters,they still go back into the labor market.now why did these people join the bandwagon of going for masters? Its because their parents pushed then to go into it and what they fail to realise is that if after nysc, you don't chart the course of your life your parents will just be pushing you here and there,they will say bolaji has masters you to go and do masters.whether its what you like or not,they'll just push you into it.so nysc is a time for introspectiion.its a time to sit down with yourself alone and talk to yourself. Tell yourself the hardcore truth.you know yourself better than your parents, wife or girlfriend or boyfriend. Ask yourself, now I'm a graduate.I went to school just like everybody, what do I want to do with my life,how can I survive after nysc with minimal or no help from my parents? How can I make money,what are my interests? Its not a time for you to be turning your vagina to business centre because daddy and mummy is not there with you because if you don't quickly GIve your self brain and make money for yourself, your parents will be making the decisions you're supposed to be making for yourself
this is one of the best post I’ve seen this year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Rextizz(m): 6:34am On Jan 23, 2019
pocohantas:

You really need to stop using this ugly/low self esteem line. If looks were my strategy, I would have put up my picture a long time ago and get the attention. I won't send you a message, you don't interest me... smiley
You are a big liar with low self esteem, are you this ugly? Meet me one on one and show me you are better than me, I will let you fix a place we will meet so stop using that nonsense as a excuse.

I guess that's the reason why you haven't married yet? You are such a universal disgrace.

Besides, what is it you are afraid of? are you shy offline? or you are not proud of how God made you? Why are you like this? jeez!
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Dholyboy(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2019
Last last na to learn a skill sure pass...

Long Tori short... After my nysc, I have a flair for ICT I learned some IT skills like computer engineering back then, so I started with mini importation business to raise capital, now I have a computer engineering and training office... I just opened it few months ago but Oluwa dey game.
It's growing gradually... I'm also an Npower beneficiary.. I also do some street runs to get cash.. Last last.. I pay rent and live well.. God bless our hustle..

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by deleo16(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2019
calliope:

There are jobs man.. Not just anyhow jobs, but fantastic jobs with good pay. I refuse to have the "no job mindset" even after spending 3months at home. Today, i work a good job and earn a decent pay without connection. Stop discouraging people. Just because you haven't gotten doesn't mean they aren't.
there are jobs but not enough jobs to go round that's the reality our population is 200 million and still counting total FDI in Nigeria as of last year is 2.2 billion even Vietnam is over 10 billion dollars ,total money that FG is making is the money money Samsung is using to do research total money FG made last year was 24 billion dollars while Samsung is using over 18billion dollars for research alone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by 7agaza(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2019
id4sho:

Bros I paid oooo, Most FG appointment since December 2017 have not yet been captured on the IPPIS PLATFORM.

Good morning bro.

please how can I contact you need to ask you some questions pls
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 23, 2019
Let me give my inputs, I finished NYSC October 2018. My experience so is that everything takes time.
You first need to define what you want them build skills and knowledge that will make you succeed, then keep pushing untill time and grace comes on you. I am posting this on my way to take an offer letter from KPMG for an internship role - we were just tested on how good you are with excel. Plus i am still positive a permanent good job is imminent. So an undergraduate seeing this, build a great skills, leverage online courses and LinkedIn, be good at one or two things. All the best to all of us.

8 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by time1234: 8:37am On Jan 23, 2019
Fairgodwin:

I stay very far from the Island, around Ogba area and I think it's going to be too far and stressful for you considering your pay, otherwise I'd have asked you to come manage at my place.
I stay alone, and I'm currently jobless though, but I would be more than willing to accommodate you and even support you in any way I can. I hate to see a fellow brother struggle, e dey pain me.
So people like this still dy Nigeria ...unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by pagorino(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2019
FunnyDude:

Don't be depressed sir. Internet is really a blessing to our generation, please leverage on it.

My way of making a living online after service year has been through freelancing and other smart opportunities that came my way.

Never give up what is freelancing about?

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by tosyne2much(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2019
pocohantas:
Now you will realise that those uncles who told you "when you graduate, send me your CV" are all fraudsters. You are on your own
grin grin
I dey tell you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Enugupikin: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2019
Pythondancer1:

Sure....Northeast precisely.
I guessed so bc majority of people over there are so uneducated and of little value, so those who manage to have certain level of education become the king
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by tosyne2much(m): 9:06am On Jan 23, 2019
Cryptocurrency and content writing is bae.. It has really been helping
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Uziyl(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2019
This has really been an eye opener for me. I'm still an undergraduate tho currently going for my 1 year Industrial training. But the strike has halted that.Was thinking of going to work to get some pay but I'm thinking of taking a U-turn to acquire a digital skill( learn more to the little I know) as the country is no longer smiling. I need someone to recommend me a good I.T institution to learn this skill (programming, mobile app/web development etc).I currently resides in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Pythondancer1: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

I guessed so bc majority of people over there are so uneducated and of little value, so those who manage to have certain level of education become the king
You got it wrong Nigga. It is a family empire tins, the total number of graduates and educated people in my State alone is equivalent to the graduate of 5 state in the South East. I'm from Borno and i belong to southern Borno, Chibok precisely. Majority of people there are Christian so is not what you are thinking.
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 9:42am On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=pagorino post=75027228][/quote]

Freelancing is the ability to work remotely with a particular skills in exchange for money. You earn from the comfort of your room.

Below is my thread.. You can read it up for more exposition

https://www.nairaland.com/4605959/how-make-above-40k-every
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by haywhy59(m): 9:43am On Jan 23, 2019
Glory be to God for forex and Cryptocurrency, I trade full time at home, I have even forgotten what I studied in school..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2019
tosyne2much:
Cryptocurrency and content writing is bae.. It has really been helping

Especially that crypto Whitepapers review writing

If you know you know
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by FunnyDude(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
haywhy59:
Glory be to God for forex and Cryptocurrency, I trade full time at home, I have even forgotten what I studied in school..
This Forex of a thing how is it sef.. Gist me small
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Enugupikin: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2019
Pythondancer1:

You got it wrong Nigga. It is a family empire tins, the total number of graduates and educated people in my State alone is equivalent to the graduate of 5 state in the South East. I'm from Borno and i belong to southern Borno, Chibok precisely. Majority of people there are Christian so is not what you are thinking.
Hahahahahaha... imagine comparism....the statement u made just show how uneducated u abokkis can be despite attending school...it's not about landmass here brov, yes borno is 5times the size of SE by landmass

But the number of educated people in Imo state alone pass the number of educated people in Borno, yobe and bauchi join...go ask question.

I'm has the highest number of professors by state more than the whole number of professors in the Northeast combined..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Would You Give Blowjobs For 100k Monthly? Twitter User Narrates Ordeal / Fresh Graduate & Entry-level Jobs At MTN Nigeria / We Will Employ 500,000 Teachers In 2016 - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.