Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor (7654 Views)

Choose: 5 Million Naira Or Pastor Adeboye To Visit You At Home / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Is There Anybody Or Pastor Like Tb Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Enigma(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2011
Digression: Joagbaje and Azibalua have not been seen in the same room at the same time --- particularly in Yenagoa where they both live. Hmmmmm grin
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Joagbaje(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2011
Agybabe:

Both of them r in d position 2 bless u n curse u. But if a parent blesses or curses u it has effect more dan d pastors blesinz or curse.
It only dpends on d 1 wich God honours d words of their mouth @ dat moment.
Destiny may/can b dlayed bt cn neva b denied.

NObody can curse a blessed man. But if someone walks outside the word , he may fall victim of curses.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by simplymee: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
Anytime one walks off his defence, he will be attacked. No one can curse the one that God has blessed.Our parents have their place in our lives as well as our Pastors. Our Pastors serve as watchmen over us but it never gives rise to disobedience of our earthly parents as some presume. They all have their place.I respect my parents for who they are.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by LoveKing(m): 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
@joagabje

i guess you are this simplymee. I see striking similarities.

But at the topic, i'll say the op is confused who to choose between the pastor and his/her parents. He/she may be questioning in his/her heart who has more relevance in my life. wtf? You will be a big fool if you say your pastor is 'lord' before your parents. BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by newmi(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
@loveking
"You will be a big fool if you say
your pastor is ' lord ' before your parents. BLOOD IS THICKER THAN"
now don't change the concept content of the thread, nobody made any mention of a pastor being "lord" as much as its not in any way out of place because even the husband of a woman can be referred to as its"lord", it simply. means one who has rule over.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Azibalua(f): 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^

Satan (your father) cursed me, But his counsel does not stand.

God cursed you, And His Counsel stands.

Thought you'd fallen off an Okada When we didn't see you again. Apparently, you've found some new customers who are giving you enough to pay cybercafe time. not-so-smart person!
Obviously you need a pastor who is anointed over you to revoke the curse but unfortunately you do not have one!
I m blessed sorry can't be cursed
Only used the okada to win a soul not that there's anything wrong with it in the first place.
I do not use cybercafes
I use an" I" oh sorry can't say it I don't think you know what it is before I give you dictionary work this night

Agbaya!
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by mabell: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2011
@ azibalua, take am easy o!
Anyway, a father's blessings is very important but not as important as that of a pastor.
Both blessings are spiritual, even pastors preach about it but your pastor is your spiritual head and not your father, He is anointed for you
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by yommyuk: 2:23am On Mar 11, 2011
Hmmmmm

Nice question: Looking at the queston in its context, "who is in the best postion to bless you; your parents or pastor?"

Meaning: who is in the best position currently to bless me?

Answer: My Parent.

why?

When I read thru the blessings Jacob pronounced on his sons in Genesis 49 and the blessing Aaron pronounced on the Israelites in Numbers 6, wasn't hard to choose.

check this out.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by yommyuk: 2:24am On Mar 11, 2011
Jacob Blesses His Sons
1 Then Jacob called for his sons and said: “Gather around so I can tell you what will happen to you in days to come.
2 “Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob;
listen to your father Israel.

3 “Reuben, you are my firstborn,
my might, the first sign of my strength,
excelling in honor, excelling in power.
4 Turbulent as the waters, you will no longer excel,
for you went up onto your father’s bed,
onto my couch and defiled it.

5 “Simeon and Levi are brothers—
their swords[a] are weapons of violence.
6 Let me not enter their council,
let me not join their assembly,
for they have killed men in their anger
and hamstrung oxen as they pleased.
7 Cursed be their anger, so fierce,
and their fury, so cruel!
I will scatter them in Jacob
and disperse them in Israel.

8 “Judah,[b] your brothers will praise you;
your hand will be on the neck of your enemies;
your father’s sons will bow down to you.
9 You are a lion’s cub, Judah;
you return from the prey, my son.
Like a lion he crouches and lies down,
like a lioness—who dares to rouse him?
10 The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,[c]
until he to whom it belongs[d] shall come
and the obedience of the nations shall be his.
11 He will tether his donkey to a vine,
his colt to the choicest branch;
he will wash his garments in wine,
his robes in the blood of grapes.
12 His eyes will be darker than wine,
his teeth whiter than milk.[e]

13 “Zebulun will live by the seashore
and become a haven for ships;
his border will extend toward Sidon.

14 “Issachar is a rawboned[f] donkey
lying down among the sheep pens.[g]
15 When he sees how good is his resting place
and how pleasant is his land,
he will bend his shoulder to the burden
and submit to forced labor.

16 “Dan[h] will provide justice for his people
as one of the tribes of Israel.
17 Dan will be a snake by the roadside,
a viper along the path,
that bites the horse’s heels
so that its rider tumbles backward.

18 “I look for your deliverance, LORD.

19 “Gad[i] will be attacked by a band of raiders,
but he will attack them at their heels.

20 “Asher’s food will be rich;
he will provide delicacies fit for a king.

21 “Naphtali is a doe set free
that bears beautiful fawns.[j]

22 “Joseph is a fruitful vine,
a fruitful vine near a spring,
whose branches climb over a wall.[k]
23 With bitterness archers attacked him;
they shot at him with hostility.
24 But his bow remained steady,
his strong arms stayed[l] limber,
because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob,
because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,
25 because of your father’s God, who helps you,
because of the Almighty,[m] who blesses you
with blessings of the skies above,
blessings of the deep springs below,
blessings of the breast and womb.
26 Your father’s blessings are greater
than the blessings of the ancient mountains,
than[n] the bounty of the age-old hills.
Let all these rest on the head of Joseph,
on the brow of the prince among[o] his brothers.

27 “Benjamin is a ravenous wolf;
in the morning he devours the prey,
in the evening he divides the plunder.”

28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father said to them when he blessed them, giving each the blessing appropriate to him.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by yommyuk: 2:27am On Mar 11, 2011
The Priestly Blessing

22 The LORD said to Moses, 23 “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 “‘“The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’

27 “So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by yommyuk: 2:37am On Mar 11, 2011
Jacob's declarations were prophetic. Never under estimate the Power behind Parental blessing.
Unbeliever or non believer. MAKE U NO PLAY WITH FIRE.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Joagbaje(m): 4:59am On Mar 11, 2011
LoveKing:

@joagabje
i guess you are this simplymee. I see striking similarities.

But at the topic, i'll say the op is confused who to choose between the pastor and his/her parents. He/she may be questioning in his/her heart who has more relevance in my life. wtf? You will be a big fool if you say your pastor is 'lord' before your parents. BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER.

I am not him biko.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Joagbaje(m): 5:02am On Mar 11, 2011
yommyuk:

Hmmmmm

Nice question: Looking at the queston in its context, "who is in the best postion to bless you; your parents or pastor?"

Meaning: who is in the best position currently to bless me?

Answer: My Parent.

why?

When I read thru the blessings Jacob pronounced on his sons in Genesis 49 and the blessing Aaron pronounced on the Israelites in Numbers 6, wasn't hard to choose.
check this out.

Jacob was a prophet. Israel was a nation chosen by God. They have Gods name upon them. Parents that are not born again have no blessing to offer. Their blessings are merely ceremonial . The pastoral blessing is divine. But christian parents have blessing in their mouths.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by nuclearboy(m): 6:46am On Mar 11, 2011
The Commandment was clear - Honor your father & mother. That is a sweeping statement and does not distinguish between believers and non-believers.

Everybody who testifies of Christ is a prophet. The angel clarified that to John in saying "the testimony of Christ is the Spirit of prophecy".

Which would mean the believing parent has both God's Commandment PLUS the Spirit and gift of prophecy whistle pastors have only a moral leadership.

This pastor is superior nonsense is just nonsense as I sarcastically pointed out (which was when your rabid azimouth jumped in brainlessly) using the example of our newly discovered gay pastor and the murderer awaiting execution.

So I ask - When the Holy Dr was testing the 14 year olds bottom, was his power over the boy and his congregation greater than the God given honor to parents? When King was burning people, are you saying he had greater standing before God than parents? Conversely, do you think God didn't know some parents wouldn't be believers before He gave the ONLY conditional Commandment in their favor?

Yommyuk has told the God given truth above. The parent blessed directly and God honors it. The pastor may "bless" but the blessing comes from God NOT from pastor.

Why is it pastor you make noise over anyway?
Why not Apostle? Or evangelist? Or teacher? Or prophet? Is the pastor greater than the apostle? Why then not the deacon too? Why not the elder? Or is it because your own guy calls himself pastor that pastor has now become greater than everything and everyone else?
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by simplymee: 9:38am On Mar 11, 2011
@ loveking
For starters i am not joagbaje and will not like you comparing hence recently guys have been matching people up based on response.Abeg no TRY AM AGAIN.
Some have cited the fact that Jacob blessed his children but you forget that at the time Jacob was annointed of God and functioned as a prophet not just in Israel but to his family as well. Come to think of it, pls mention the prophets in Jacob's time .
You talked about is it only the Pastor that has the right to bless and not the deacon,apostle or EVANG. , but you forget that all these offices you mentioned are in the church and the offices are given for the perfection of the saints.EPH 4 :11-12.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by yommyuk: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

Jacob was a prophet. Israel was a nation chosen by God. They have Gods name upon them. Parents that are not born again have no blessing to offer. Their blessings are merely ceremonial . The pastoral blessing is divine. But christian parents have blessing in their mouths.

Genesis 49:1-2
Jacob Blesses His Sons
1 Then Jacob called for his sons and said: “Gather around so I can tell you what will happen to you in days to come.
2 “Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob;
listen to your father Israel.

Even Jacob knew the value of parental blessing that he had to STEAL his brother's blessing by deceit. A blessing that was accepted by God. cool
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by Agybabe(f): 7:29am On Mar 13, 2011
Azibalua:

Nope the pastor can revoke any curse placed by ones parents
true only if given d grace
Joagbaje:

NObody can curse a blessed man. But if someone walks outside the word , he may fall victim of curses.
true bt there r sm things God alows 2 apen 2 his own children wen they've made sm costly mistakes in d past n wnts them 2 learn 4rm them bt @ d end he glorifies himself.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by newmi(m): 8:47am On Mar 13, 2011
^^^^^ you see the point alot of people don't get is that the pastor functions in an office thus its not about the individual in question but the office of respsensibility and authority consequently rendering them accountable to God.
Re: Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor by tefund(m): 8:43am On Feb 24, 2013
newmi: Well share your views on this post, who's in the best position to pronounce blessings or is it a matter of context.
only God has the power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Jesus Suffering On The Cross / Locate The Keys And Open The Door To Your Glory / Why I Am Not Voting For President Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.