Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? (2590 Views)

Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks / Why Are Most Independent Office Women So Arrogant And Disrespectful? / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by shortman(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2007
i'm currently in a relationship with someone for about 7 years we both understand each other well but anytime theres anything that concerns me seeing my female friends there is always a problem dont get me wrong shes got her own male friends i dont really bother about it cos i trust her anyway i recently travelled to abuja for a course and i have a friend we both know the first day over there i forgot 2 call her and she went all crazy that i was with my friend and had my own agenda.can someone please explain this behaviour
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by ikamefa(f): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2007
shortman:

why are women so overpossesive and paranoid

not all some! cheesy
but the real question should be why are some men overpossesive, crazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and oh so paranoid! cheesy
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by mukina2: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2007
word! cheesy
i learnt that short guys are more overpossesive grin
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by iice(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2007
@Topic, both genders can be hella overpossesive and paranoid
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by IBDat(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2007
iice:

True - but there are genrally reasons behind it, the two most common are:
1. Being heart-broken in past relationship(s)
2. They too are doing the same thing
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by iice(f): 5:36am On Apr 23, 2007
aren't there usually reasons behind most actions/behaviours/excuses etc. undecided
Nwayz i have dealt with an overpossessive man, and i have seen an acquaintance as the overpossessive woman
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by Aproko(f): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2007
i've noticed that overpossessive and paranoid people (guys and babes) are usually very insecure. my advice, find out what is making her feel insecure, and try to do something about it.you just may see an overwhelming difference.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by agnesoseka: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2007
word.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by olabosun(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2007
Both gender can be overpossesive,it depends on her kind of person or she's getting some signs dat's makin he feel unsecured.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by adeboo(f): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2007
Pleas do not generalise.
We are not all like that.

Maybe you have given her a reason not to trust you.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by SageWriters: 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
iice:
A
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by advanceDNA: 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2023
shortman:
i recently travelled to abuja for a course and i have a friend we both know the first day over there i forgot 2 call her and she went all crazy that i was with my friend and had my own agenda.can someone please explain this behaviour

You forgot to call?? Are u saying ur babe of seven years ddnt cross ur mind the whole day

.....is that not witchcraft?? grin
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by Peskid147: 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
shortman:
i'm currently in a relationship with someone for about 7 years we both understand each other well but anytime theres anything that concerns me seeing my female friends there is always a problem dont get me wrong shes got her own male friends i dont really bother about it cos i trust her anyway i recently travelled to abuja for a course and i have a friend we both know the first day over there i forgot 2 call her and she went all crazy that i was with my friend and had my own agenda.can someone please explain this behaviour
she is insecure and it will affect her in marriage
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by broswilli: 7:11am On Apr 07, 2023
shortman:
You are dating a woman for seven years and you are asking why she is over possessive. She is counting time while you are insensitive.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by Prettygirl200(f): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2023
shortman:
Seven years? And u don't want to marry her? Which kind dead concience set of men we get sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by QuinModah(f): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2023
Possessiveness is a manifestation of insecurity.

It is based on the belief I am not good enough but if I watch him like a hawk I can prevent him from cheating on me. If I treat him like he's mine he will not leave me.

I cannot afford myself the luxury of letting my guard down.

The fact is, no amount of supervision will keep a cheater from doing what s/he will do.

There is no behavior you can adopt that can prevent someone from leaving you. Any lover can leave at any time.

You do not need to be on high alert for someone not to cheat on you. You don’t need to “take care of him” or “watch him” or keep him under surveillance.

The thing to do is less. A lot less. Resolve to trust instead of control, defy any inner narrative that compromises your peace of mind.

This is so true that if you are ruled by your own suspicion and constantly check on him, your overbearing behavior will suffocate the relationship. Then you will wonder why they are no good men left.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by beecrofty(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Prettygirl200:
Seven years? And u don't want to marry her? Which kind dead conscience set of men we get sef?

Come on, they could have been dating from Secondary school or something... without context you shouldn't just go on the offensive.
Re: Why Are Women So Overpossesive And Paranoid? by Prettygirl200(f): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
beecrofty:

Come on, they could have been dating from Secondary school or something... without context you shouldn't just go on the offensive.
even at that, u mean to tell me that since secondary school he never know the girl reach to date her?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Like 'bad' Boys? / She Threatend To Leave Me Cos I Refuse To Wash Her Undies / If U Have A Chance To Marry Someone Who Is Not African, Which Country Will It Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.