Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 (6063 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

paddy_lo,

You idealistic fool.

I put IGBO interest first and foremost.

You put our interest last.

You look out for your own selfish skin.

Do not ever talk on behalf of Igbos, because I know what you are trying to do.

I don't know what Igbos you speak for but it surely does not include me either.

A bigot is a bigot no matter what. If you truly live in Washington and can not get civilised then your time abroad is a waste, catch the next flight and come back home.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Dawgpound: 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche is a village boy. Spare him the rod guys. grin
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chosen04(f): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Watch out, people may jump on me, like I said that I mistrust the Ijaw.

I got yor mssg locked up . . . . . . .

I have learnt to ''dinner'' with a devil using a dangerously shaped long spoon designed to make him jump to my offer forgeting that his betrayal period has ''not been totally forgotten''
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2010
I speak for the silent majority.

If you look at this thread, I am not the only person who said that I mistrust the Ijaw. And rightfully so!  angry
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chosen04(f): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Watch out, people may jump on me, like I said that I mistrust the Ijaw.

I got yor mssg locked up . . . . . . .

I have learnt to ''dinner'' with a devil using a dangerously shaped long spoon designed to make him jump at my offer forgeting that his betrayal period has ''not been totally forgotten''

Dude, just got and lock the hidden truth in the above statement
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chyz(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2010
I agree with what Ezeuche is saying. Igbo interest is first and foremost until equality and trust is reached in nigeria. I dont understand why instead of speaking your minds, when some people gang up on one person another person hops in to sound "politically correct".That is the problem with alot of people on nairaland. Igbos must play the game how it goes we might be democratic by nature but the only place that can hold up for the igbos at this point of time is in Igbo land not "Nigeria". Ijaws or any other tribe must not be trusted, just like they are looking out for their own interest, the igbos must do the same.There's no such thing as brotherhood in southern politics outside of tribe at this point.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

I agree with what Ezeuche is saying. Igbo interest is first and foremost until equality and trust is reached in nigeria. I dont understand why instead of speaking your minds, when some people gang up on one person another person hops in to sound "politically correct".That is the problem with alot of people on nairaland. Igbos must play the game how it goes we might be democratic by nature but the only place that can hold up for the igbos at this point of time is in Igbo land not "Nigeria". Ijaws or any other tribe must not be trusted, just like they are looking out for their own interest, the igbos must do the same.There's no such thing as brotherhood in southern politics outside of tribe at this point.

I think few of our brothers and sisters are still as idealistic as Zik was when he was dealing with Awolowo and Bello. They knew the game, but he didn't. Just like some people ganging up on me do not understand the game. We do not see ourselves as one people, so why should I see myself as a Nigerian? I am Igbo first and foremost and I only care about our own interest.

How can we trust a people who sided with our enemies? I mean I would rather have the Hausa betray us then our closest neighbors.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chosen04(f): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

THIS IS ANOTHER IT . . . . . . . .This is a generational truth and must be told no matter whose ox is . . . . . .

EzeUche22:

I think few of our brothers and sisters are still as idealistic as Zik was when he was dealing with Awolowo and Bello. They knew the game, but he didn't. Just like some people ganging up on me do not understand the game. We do not see ourselves as one people, so why should I see myself as a Nigerian? I am Igbo first and foremost and I only care about our own interest.

How can we trust a people who sided with our enemies? I mean I would rather have the Hausa betray us then our closest neighbors.

This truth (the last bolded) must be preserved and told to generations yet on born . . . . . .'' I may understand '20 dollar policy', but i still found it difficulty to comprehend 'abandon property policy'

In Nigerian Politics it pays 100% NOT to use your heart but YOUR HEAD . . .
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by marcdunu: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
[size=18pt]10 Reasons why this endorsement is ridiculous from an Igbo viewpoint[/size].

1. Goodluck Johnathan is not the best candidate from the old eastern region.

2. Goodluck Johnathan's Ijaw ethnic group do not believe in the old East and are still the highest opposers of Old East, so the sentiment of Old East is based on nothing.

3. Goodluck Jonathan Has less Igbos in his Government than Yar'adua or OBJ and can not claim to love the Igbos when his actions suggest otherwise.

4. Goodluck Jonathan as President has taken the South East for granted. Maurice Iwu, Sam Egwu, Ojo Maduekwe, Onyiuke-Okereke, may not all be great public servants but their are better public servants from the East who could have at least replaced half of these folks. But GEJ prefered others.

5. GEJ was part of those who initially ganged up to highlight the difference between a South-East Igbo ONOVO and a South-South Igbo Okiro when Yar'adua first took office. GEJ can not be a friend of the South East.

6. Vincent Ogbulafor could have made mistakes in his utterances. But his removal and rubbishing of Ogbulafor, the appointment of a compromised Nwodo whom GEJ can use to play football does not signify he holds the Igbos in high esteem. He is simply geering up to use Igbo sons and daughters as his tool. They even flirted with replacing Ogbulafor with Polycap Nwite because he is from River State. Talk about being divisive.

7. The retention of Dora Akunyili as info Minister instead moving her to a more suitable ministry proves the above. Dora Akunyili has been replaced by Ima Niboro in being the spokesman of GEJ which obviously is the right thing. But  whenever there is a controversial announcement GEJ hides Ima Niboro and deploys Dora Akunyili to do his dirty job.

8. Since GEJ became President he has not flirted with the SouthEast in anyway, not openly nor subtly. He has largely ignored the SouthEast believing that by mere making up middle names like "Ebele", "Azikiwe", "Nnamdi", "Okeke" he will simply get the Igbo Vote. Surely we are not as empty as that.

9. The Ijaws were never our allies and never will be. If GEJ was Efik or Ibibio, I could see justifications for these baseless sentiments. But Iwuanyanwu's sentiments are based on nothing.

10. As we speak everybody who is somebody in Ijaw land from Oronto Douglas to Edwin Clark do not spare any opportunity to remind us who their allies are. They say the North are their allies and they have a proud history of working with the North for the progress of Nigeria. WELL IT IS TIME FOR THEIR NORTHERN BROTHERS TO STEP DOWN FOR JONATHAN GOODLUCK. THEY DON'T NEED ANY ENDORESEMENTS FROM THE EAST.

If Iwuanyanwu and Ezeife believe that Jonathan Goodluck is the best candidate they should tell us that. That sounds more honourable. But if this is based on sentiments, Jonathan does not deserve any sentiment from the East. They should go and liaise with their born-to-ruin allies.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chyz(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
marcdunu:

[size=18pt]10 Reasons why this endorsement is ridiculous from an Igbo viewpoint[/size].

1. Goodluck Johnathan is not the best candidate from the old eastern region.

2. Goodluck Johnathan's Ijaw ethnic group do not believe in the old East and are still the highest opposers of Old East, so the sentiment of Old East is based on nothing.

3. Goodluck Jonathan Has less Igbos in his Government than Yar'adua or OBJ and can not claim to love the Igbos when his actions suggest otherwise.

4. Goodluck Jonathan as President has taken the South East for granted. Maurice Iwu, Sam Egwu, Ojo Maduekwe, Onyiuke-Okereke, may not all be great public servants but their are better public servants from the East who could have at least replaced half of these folks. But GEJ prefered others.

5. GEJ was part of those who initially ganged up to highlight the difference between a South-East Igbo ONOVO and a South-South Igbo Okiro when Yar'adua first took office. GEJ can not be a friend of the South East.

6. Vincent Ogbulafor could have made mistakes in his utterances. But his removal and rubbishing of Ogbulafor, the appointment of a compromised Nwodo whom GEJ can use to play football does not signify he holds the Igbos in high esteem. He is simply geering up to use Igbo sons and daughters as his tool. They even flirted with replacing Ogbulafor with Polycap Nwite because he is from River State. Talk about being divisive.

7. The retention of Dora Akunyili as info Minister instead moving her to a more suitable ministry proves the above. Dora Akunyili has been replaced by Ima Niboro in being the spokesman of GEJ which obviously is the right thing. But  whenever there is a controversial announcement GEJ hides Ima Niboro and deploys Dora Akunyili to do his dirty job.

8. Since GEJ became President he has not flirted with the SouthEast in anyway, not openly nor subtly. He has largely ignored the SouthEast believing that by mere making up middle names like "Ebele", "Azikiwe", "Nnamdi", "Okeke" he will simply get the Igbo Vote. Surely we are not as empty as that.

9. The Ijaws were never our allies and never will be. If GEJ was Efik or Ibibio, I could see justifications for these baseless sentiments. But Iwuanyanwu's sentiments are based on nothing.

10. As we speak everybody who is somebody in Ijaw land from Oronto Douglas to Edwin Clark do not spare any opportunity to remind us who their allies are. They say the North are their allies and they have a proud history of working with the North for the progress of Nigeria. WELL IT IS TIME FOR THEIR NORTHERN BROTHERS TO STEP DOWN FOR JONATHAN GOODLUCK. THEY DON'T NEED ANY ENDORESEMENTS FROM THE EAST.

If Iwuanyanwu and Ezeife believe that Jonathan Goodluck is the best candidate they should tell us that. That sounds more honourable. But if this is based on sentiments, Jonathan does not deserve any sentiment from the East. They should go and liaise with their born-to-ruin allies.

I dont think i can disagree with anything you've said because quite frankly everything is true but the its between him and IBB,who is worse than the other?
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

I dont think i can disagree with anything you've said because quite frankly everything is true but the its between him and IBB,who is worse than the other?

Wait a second shocked . . . you mean the WISDOM of the Ohaneze leaders don't need to mean much after all?

Last I checked, the choice is not even between IBB and GEJ(both belong to the same Party). There are the donald dukes and the other candidates out there.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by marcdunu: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

On merit I will choose none even though I consider IBB more intelligent.

On sentiments I will choose IBB for his open mindedness. It takes a large heart for a man called Badamasi Babangida to marry a woman called Ndidi and yet maintain her as a lone wife.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

Neither! Either Pat Utomi or Donald Duke.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by seanet02: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2010
That is why we the Yorubas never lose a war, we will never endorse a candidate that have not declare his interest in an election.

TYPICAL IGBO LEADERS PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE
THERE IS NO SENSE IN ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS NOT DECLARE HIS INTEREST IN A ELECTION

THIS IS PURE FOOLISHNESS FROM THE ALWAYS GOVERNMENT IN POWER IGBO LEADERS
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02:

That is why we the Yorubas never lose a war, we will never endorse a candidate that have not declare his interest in an election.

THERE IS NO SENSE IN ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS DECLARE HIS INTEREST IN A ELECTION

Look at this one? And what makes you think this disease does not affect you personally? Yes you? How many original thoughts have you yourself had today?

nonsense reasoning!
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by philip0906(m): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02:

THERE IS NO SENSE IN ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS DECLARE HIS INTEREST IN A ELECTION

U can't even express urself well. . .u definitely didn't have access 2 quality education.Awo's descendant indeed grin grin
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chosen04(f): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02:

The war that your grandchildren will fight? or the one you fought when MKO was murdered in cold blood? The one your EGBON, Gen. ADISA fought while kneeing down, crying and begging Abacha to spare his life?.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
chosen04:

The war that your grandchildren will fight? or the one you fought when MKO was murdered in cold blood? The one your EGBON, Gen. ADISA fought while kneeing down, crying and begging Abacha to spare his life?.

"Nopes" on all counts! I think he's talking about the war Ojukwu fled like a biyyytch while disguised as a biyyytch!
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by seanet02: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Look at this one? And what makes you think this disease does not affect you personally? Yes you? How many original thoughts have you yourself had today?

nonsense reasoning!
SO YOU ALSO SUPPORT PEOPLE ENDORSING AN ASPIRANT THAT HAS NOT DECLARE HIS INTEREST IN AN ELECTION. SOMETIMES YOU DISAPPOINT ME AND SOMETIMES YOU THRILL ME, ITS JUST THAT I DONT KNOW YOU CAN SUPPORT ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS NO DECLARE HIS INTEREST, EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THIS ENDORSEMENT IS PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE SEA. THIS WAS THE SAME MISTAKE IGBOS MADE BEFORE STARTING BIAFRA WAR WITHOUT ADEQUATE PREPARATION, WASTING MILLIONS OF LIVE IN THE PROCESS, KOBO YOU HAVE ALWAYS SPOKE THE TRUTH HERE OR AT LEAST 70%, TELL IGBO DUDES ENDORSING A CANDIDATE BEFORE HE DECLARE HIS INTEREST IS NOTHING BUT SUICIDE, WHAT IF HE SAID HE IS NOT CONTESTING AND HE HAS NOT TELL ANYBODY TO ENDORSE HIM, EVEN THOUGH THE POSSIBILITY FOR THIS IS ZERO.
MY OWN[b] AFENIFERE [/b]WILL NEVER DO THIS. TRUST THEMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by mamagee3(f): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

"Nopes" on all counts! I think he's talking about the war Ojukwu fled like a biyyytch while disguised as a biyyytch!
grin cheesy grin
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chyz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Wait a second shocked . . . you mean the WISDOM of the Ohaneze leaders don't need to mean much after all?

Last I checked, the choice is not even between IBB and GEJ(both belong to the same Party). There are the donald dukes and the other candidates out there.

at this point, duke stands no chance honestly speaking i think we all know that. voting for duke will only work in favor of IBB. The only hope is Ribadu but he seems to be at a holt as of now so its not looking good for him right now either but if he hurries than we can talk business.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
Should of known when there are huge number of Igbos congregating in one thread, that these fools would be coming to disrupt the thread. Couldn't they have watched from the sidelines and see us Igbos debate instead of adding their re-tarded comments that do not make any sense?
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by seanet02: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
chosen04:

SO WE DID NOT WIN THE WAR AGAINST ABACHA, WITHOUT YORUBA ACTIVISTS LIKE GANI FAWENHINMI, SOYINKA, ABRAHAM ADESANYA, PA OLADOKUN, TINUBU, AND COUNTLESS YORUBA ACTIVISTS, THE DEMOCRACY BEING ENJOYED BY YOU IGBOS WILL NEVER BE POSSIBLE. WHY DID IBB STEPPED ASIDE IN 1993? TELL ME slowpoke, SO HE JUST DECIDE TO STEP DOWN WITHOUTANY REASON. SOMETIMES YOU IBOS PUT THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE AND IT ALWAYS BACKFIRE, slowpoke, THERE IS NO SENSE IN WHAT THIS AGIP IGBO LEADERS HAVE DONE, ITS PURE MADNESS OR LET SAY FOOLISHNESS
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by chyz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Should of known when there are huge number of Igbos congregating in one thread, that these fools would be coming to disrupt the threat. Couldn't they have watched from the sidelines and see us Igbos debate instead of adding their re-tarded comments that do not make any sense?

Hey cant argue with them, they are from the BIG BAD YORUBA PEOPLE. They even created God himself. All hail to the yoruba man. Now back to the topic.Lets finisg our igbo and northern discussion.ignore the others.they are just looking for relevance in this topic.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by seanet02: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

Hey cant argue with them, they are from the BIG BAD YORUBA PEOPLE. They even created God himself. All hail to the yoruba man. Now back to the topic.Lets finisg our igbo and northern discussion.ignore the others.they are just looking for relevance in this topic.

STUPID HE GOATS, WHY DONT YOU CREATE BIAFRALAND AND RESTICT THE MEMBERSHIP TO KIDNAPPERS, MILITANTS AND HUMAN EATERS LIKE YOU FOOL. NAIRALAND IS A PUBLIC FORUM MEANT FOR NIGERIANS AND DEVELOPED AND OWNED BY SEUN A GREAT YORUBA MAN, OR YOU IDIOT SEE BIAFRALAND ON THE WEB TOPIC,
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by philip0906(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02:

silly HE GOATS, WHY DONT YOU CREATE BIAFRALAND AND RESTICT THE MEMBERSHIP TO KIDNAPPERS, MILITANTS AND HUMAN EATERS LIKE YOU FOOL. NAIRALAND IS A PUBLIC FORUM MEANT FOR NIGERIANS AND DEVELOPED AND OWNED BY SEUN A GREAT YORUBA MAN, OR YOU  SEE BIAFRALAND ON THE WEB TOPIC,
ode ni e. . . grin grin
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02,

Stop acting like you have rabies. No one was talking about Biafra. Just Igbo politics which is something you do not understand, because your small cnanot understand such complexities.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

Nah, I think most of us just concerned that EzeIlekeidiUche is so adamant on wiping out the Ijaw nation and stealing their land/oil for the glory of Ibo land!
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by seanet02: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
philip0906:

U can't even express urself well. . .u definitely didn't have access 2 quality education.Awo's descendant indeed grin grin
so i need to write Cambridge english before you know that SUPPORTING AND ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS NOT DECLARE HIS INTEREST IS PURE STUPIDITY. REASON slowpoke
philip0906:

ode ni e. . . grin grin
OLOSI NI E
Kobojunkie:

nonsense reasoning!
SO THIS IS NONSENSE REASONING ABI, NO WONDER YOUR REGION IS THE NUMBER ONE BACKWARD PART OF NIGER AREA
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
chyz:

at this point, duke stands no chance honestly speaking i think we all know that. voting for duke will only work in favor of IBB. The only hope is Ribadu but he seems to be at a holt as of now so its not looking good for him right now either but if he hurries than we can talk business.
I beg, I no dey share your hope. One thing I prefer is Donald duke has at least seen fit to leave the PDP Circle. Not certain if it is strictly for selfish reasons or because he really believes he can make a difference even without them. But  I kind of think his ticket makes more sense than a Babangida/Goodluck Jonathan vote for either of these votes will put in power in the same party and group that has, over the past 11 years helped to seriously run this country into the ground. I don't see any logic in keeping this group just because the new person is from our side of the country. The man has yet to show himself a good leader so why cast your vote for him now?

I am not endorsing any candidate myself.  I am simply calling for people to start, as individuals, weighing the consequence of voting whatever candidate in. You vote PDP in, you get all of PDP not some. You vote a candidate that has no record to show, you are likely not going to get anything better than what his past record already proves him to be made of. You vote an old general, you will probably get all the baggage he comes with.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Nah, I think most of us just concerned that EzeIlekeidiUche is so adamant on wiping out the Ijaw nation and stealing their land/oil for the glory of Ibo land!

Why should we wipe them out? Have you went to Bayelsa? No Igbo man would want to go there. They can keep it. I think they all should be forecfully moved to Bayelsa State.

If you were talking to an Itsekiri man, maybe he would want the Ijaw wiped out.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For 2011 by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2010
seanet02:

so i need to write Cambridge english before you know that SUPPORTING AND ENDORSING A CANDIDATE THAT HAS NOT DECLARE HIS INTEREST IS PURE STUPIDITY. REASON MORONOLOSI NI ESO THIS IS NONSENSE REASONING ABI, NO WONDER YOUR REGION IS THE NUMBER ONE BACKWARD PART OF NIGER AREA
Again, when have you actually had an original thought to offer? Do you really operate at this level in your daily life, or is this just for attention on nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 / How I Was Betrayed By Tinubu , Buhari – Gov. Amaechi Shares His Story / The "Beautiful" Railway Lines Buhari Built In Lagos. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.