Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari (18367 Views)

Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / 25 Points From Interview Of ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:00am On Jan 26, 2019
ibietela2:

Imagine, all these charge and bail lawyers

If you have passed common entrance, you will understand that the president is not in question here, and it cannot be, cause the president can't be taken to court
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:02am On Jan 26, 2019
lyricalz:

only a fool believes buhari is fighting corruption, with all video evidence against the kano state governor, absolutely nothing was done by mr. integrity all buhari could say was that he did not know the level of technology usef in making that video. what a shame on all of u.

Trust me, I believe Gandollar is corrupt, and that video is real... But no one can do anything about it, cause Gandollar possess immunity... That is our law bro

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by mechanics(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2019
He's dreaming.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Ugochukw15: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

You see why i keep saying don't comment on what you don't know... You are what I call Nepeu in law, you can't even state your right to the police...

Maybe you didn't read my post(lazy youth 22768)

This is not a case on the removal of the CJN, but his suspension....

I don't get paid to do this(doing it to educate parasites of fake news) have to stop here...

If you are educated and not just here cause of your hate for buhari, you will know that the president has the power to suspend the CJN by section 11 of the IA
If you can be truthful to yourself as an alleged lawyer you claimed you are, can you reel out the stipulated process for the suspension of a CJN in Nigeria according to our constitution?. And was that process lawfully complied with in this present circumstance.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:04am On Jan 26, 2019
NkayStory:

You must be a 'charge and bail lawyer...Let me join the bros up there in crying for you and our Education system cry cry

When you pass JSCE, then come, we will talk...
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bishopkay: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Please why was Salami removed? He was standing tall for the Judiciary, why would the NJC give recommendation...

Do you also know they gave GEJ a recommendation to reinstate him... Read on it

Oga we don't argue with emotions or sentiments here! Did the NJC recommend his removal or not?

Did the NJC recommend this removal? This is a sham and a rape on our democracy hence it can't hold
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2019
Mujtahida:

Dumb lawyer. Already labelling the CJN guilty when the constitution presumes he is innocent until proven guilty. When it comes to corruption it's always the other man who is corrupt but you are you not corrupt? When you go to the registry of court don't you give bribe? Don't you cut corners? In filing your processes in court don't you surcharge your clients? Criminal like you. It's always the other man who is corrupt. You, you are a saint. Weh done.

Whenever I see a person bleating about buhari fighting corruption I see a fool, an idiot and a crass dupe.

Church brother, walter admitted he made the omission... Try to follow the case... He said he was ignorant, but I somehow cant find that defence in our law

2 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2019
Ugochukw15:
If you can be truthful to yourself as an alleged lawyer you claimed you are, can you reel out the stipulated process for the suspension of a CJN in Nigeria according to our constitution?. And was that process lawfully complied with in this present circumstance.

I can't sing this enough... Section 11 of the IA
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Bambambiglo: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

First, Jonathan did not act on the recommendation of the NJC, the NJC only gave GEJ support after salami was already removed

Bro, stop commenting on issues you know nothing about...

You don't know the law, you are not a lawyer... So shhhhhhhh.

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

My guy stop being stupid and quit making a fool of your self, you're not a lawyer

An illiterate with a stolen phone commenting rubbish on nairaland
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
bishopkay:

Oga we don't argue with emotions or sentiments here! Did the NJC recommend his removal or not?

Did the NJC recommend this removal? This is a sham and a rape on our democracy hence it can't hold

It seems some people on nairaland don't read... This has nothing to do with removal... It's a suspension
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by anonymous1759(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Randy100:
keep quiet, stop sounding so stupid. The president is raping our democracy and you are talking nonsense. The constitution stated that the president has no power to do so. The judiciary is an independent body just as the executive. My friend you should condemn tyranny no matter the form. Our constitution is supreme to the president and not the other way round. Quit being an educated slowpoke.

I'm sure if you've a Case against onoghen and tell him '' my lord I'm sorry I forgot to declear my asset do you think he would spare you?? Rule of law rule law our generation and the unborn generation are looted by these thieves which you support. With people like you this country can't move forward.
You use the rule of law to make an excuse for the point you're raising but from afar I know you're driven by hate For Buhari nonsense.

Rule of law rule of law, Gandoje, FfK, Mama peace, Fayose etc all of them are still walking feely people you and I know they really stole.

What Nigeria needs at this point is a good Tyrant. Democracy don't suit us We're not civilized yet. We use the rule of law as a means to Steal more than using it to protect our rights. Rule of law my foot Evans is still fresh in the prison while the innocent people he killed are dead and done. Continue Mr rule of law and pray you don't have a Case with an Elite that's when you'll realize the rule of law is a Scam. When you don't have money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Staro: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
yanabasee:
Buhari doesn't know anything.... He doesn't know what he's doing and what it will lead the country into....

The western world should not just laugh at our mistake of a country over the colonial amalgamation, They should help us and send this dullard out of that office...
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Christo24(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Does it mean that the vice president did'n what our constitution says?

Impartiality or Supremacy of the low;
thi principle assumes the notion of legality , which means due process of low in dealing with offender that the low is supreme, the accusesd person should have the benefit of fair hearing and legal representation. Further more that no one should be made to suffer any penalty unless found guilty of breaking the low of the land which must however be established in the court of law.
This principal has his fundamental human right.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by MNDY(m): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=75122061][/quote]

He shouldn't do something "drastic" undermining the constitution. He just raped our democracy.

You think well-meaning Nigerians like me would not also have kicked if Onnogen's case was to be manipulated in court?
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bishopkay: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Section 231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate.

So u c... It is an appointment by Buhari...

This is not removal of the cjn, but suspension as captured in the IA

Bro don't interpret our laws upside down to serve your purpose.

At least by what you quoted, buhari had no sole right to appoint or fire a CJN. He acts on the RECOMMENDATION of the NJC first then the confirmation by the senate.

BTW if I may ask, did the NJC recommend this Tanko man? Or did buhari in a brazen act of defiance to our constitution anoint, appoint, confirm and swear in his own CJN?

Well Tanko is the chief justice of Buhari while Omoghen is the Chief justice of Nigeria.

Useless country jeez!
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Staro: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2019
deboysben:
Every well thinking Nigerians know this is a rape to our democracy, and can plunge the country into irreparable chaos
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bishopkay: 8:17am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

It seems some people on nairaland don't read... This has nothing to do with removal... It's a suspension

Bro be it suspension or removal what ever makes you sleep at night I don't care. Buhari has no constitutional backing whatever to SUSPEND or REMOVE a CJN. It is a separate arm of government and the executive has absolutely no say in its runnings. You want to remove the man, lobby the NJC to take him out That's our position!

BTW does buhari have the backing of the constitution to nominate, appoint and swear in a CJN because I didn't see any recommendations from the NJC for Tanko, neither an approval from the senate.

Please i await your response to this my learned Bro I wish to learn everyday
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by rock003: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami

Agbakoba that knows the law just called you a useful idiot. It isn't me that called you a useful idiot o; it is agabakoba that called you a useful idiot.

Check it out here: https://www.nairaland.com/4983500/buhari-insulted-constitution-agbakoba-reacts.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2019
bishopkay:

Bro don't interpret our laws upside down to serve your purpose.

At least by what you quoted, buhari had no sole right to appoint or fire a CJN. He acts on the RECOMMENDATION of the NJC first then the confirmation by the senate.

BTW if I may ask, did the NJC recommend this Tanko man? Or did buhari in a brazen act of defiance to our constitution anoint, appoint, confirm and swear in his own CJN?

Well Tanko is the chief justice of Buhari while Omoghen is the Chief justice of Nigeria.

Useless country jeez!

You don't know the law... Only lawyers understand how deep this thing cuts... It's too complex for your head...

Tanko is the the most senior justice in the supreme Court, in the absence of the CJN he automatically assumes office as acting without the the NJC recommendation... He is only recommended when they want him to drop the acting title... This is our law, go and check...

Say what you want against buhari, the man is smart to pull this off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami

Lol you know nothing, if my grandfather, Chief Justice Omo-Agege can condemn it, then who are you ? Cheap lawyer??, my mother is a lawyer too.. I can give you their number so they can school you. Read your constitution well man. Don’t always be sentimental, jus for the sake of you want to talk or write anything. Be Guided
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2019
rock003:

Agbakoba that knows the law just called you a useful idiot. It isn't me that called you a useful idiot o; it is agabakoba that called you a useful idiot.

Check it out here: https://www.nairaland.com/4983500/buhari-insulted-constitution-agbakoba-reacts.

Lols... Are you not bigger than being a proxy? Can't you check the law for yourself? Have you been to court before, everyone fights for his side...

You don't know the interest he stands for.

Stop being lazy and verify all that I have said
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Lol you know nothing, if my grandfather, Chief Justice Omo-Agege can condemn it, then who are you ? Cheap lawyer??, my mother is a lawyer too.. I can give you their number so they can school you. Read your constitution well man. Don’t always be sentimental, jus for the sake of you want to talk or write anything. Be Guided

Give your grandfather section 11 of the IA and watch him choke... Send me videos bro
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bishopkay: 8:30am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

You don't know the law... Only lawyers understand how deep this thing cuts... It's too complex for your head...

Tanko is the the most senior justice in the supreme Court, in the absence of the CJN he automatically assumes office as acting without the the NJC recommendation... He is only recommended when they want him to drop the acting title... This is our law, go and check...

Say what you want against buhari, the man is smart to pull this off

He may think he's smart but nope it's foolishness and he and Tanko just set a very bad precedence for our democracy. I am even shocked someone as "Learned" as Tanko would choose to be part of such charade. Anyways I insist he's CJB chief justice of Buhari not Nigeria
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by anonymous1759(m): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2019
MNDY:

He shouldn't do something "drastic" undermining the constitution. He just raped our democracy.

You think well-meaning Nigerians like me would not also have kicked if Onnogen's case was to be manipulated in court?

Our democracy is already undermined when politicians and lawyers use the rule of law as a means to Steal rather than using it to protect the masses. The likes of FfK, Gandoje, Fayose, Mama peace, evans etc are all free to an extent because of the so rule of law. Even Dasuki would have been walking feely also if Buhari didn't veto the judgement. And we all know Dasuki rendered so many children useless turning them to Beggars in IDP Camp, made them father less, mother less. All because he looted money meant to buy weapon. He knew about the rule of law before he stole knowing fully well he manipulate it that's why he did it.

Saraki, David mark etc was indicted by the Panama papers... The reason they're still senators is because of the same rule of law... But when Saraki failed to step down as senate president as beign Part of the minority nobody mentioned anything like the rule. He breached it. pdp supporters brag that he cannot be removed knowing fully well he breached the law. Is it not the same law Saraki breached that some people are happy about that the same people are crying for because is the way round.

We're not ready to move forward in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by fergie001: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=Vrengkat post=75120862]

Check section 11 of the IA and stop acting like u uneducated[/quote; so that section told you that the President without Court orders can still remove the CJN abi?
I will pass,Mr. Educated lawyer
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Cloud007: 8:38am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Abeg, who appoints the CJN? Please educate me
who swears in a president. Oga don't be myopic.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by MNDY(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2019
anonymous1759:

Our democracy is already undermined when politicians and lawyers use the rule of law as a means to Steal rather than using it to protect the masses. The likes of FfK, Gandoje, Fayose, Mama peace, evans etc are all free to an extent because of the so rule of law. Even Dasuki would have been walking feely also if Buhari didn't veto the judgement. And we all know Dasuki rendered so many children useless turning them to Beggars in IDP Camp, made them father less, mother less. All because he looted money meant to buy weapon. He knew about the rule of law before he stole knowing fully well he manipulate it that's why he did it.

Saraki, David mark etc was indicted by the Panama papers... The reason they're still senators is because of the same rule of law... But when Saraki failed to step down as senate president as beign Part of the minority nobody mentioned anything like the rule. He breached it. pdp supporters brag that he cannot be removed knowing fully well he breached the law. Is it not the same law Saraki breached that some people are happy about that the same people are crying for because is the way round.

We are not supporting Onnogen and all those culprits you listed. What we are simply saying is that two wrongs cannot make a right.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by rock003: 8:40am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Lols... Are you not bigger than being a proxy? Can't you check the law for yourself? Have you been to court before, everyone fights for his side...

You don't know the interest he stands for.

Stop being lazy and verify all that I have said

Someone, who has been going to court even before you were born just called you a useful idiot. Accept your fate as a useful idiot and stop whining.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Ozkar: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

dude, you don't know the law. Strongly doubt you are a lawyer as you claim.

There is no constitutional provision for 'suspension' of the head of the judiciary arm of government. There's no precedence either. It's either you are keeping him or removing him. What Buhari has done is technically removal. He wasn't appointed solely by the president and so cannot be suspended/removed by him.

If you are removing him, then the NJC and senate has to be involved, not just on the order of some bloody CCT that is even lower than the Court of Appeal.

Talking about equity and clean hands, hope you know the judge of the CCT has a case with EFCC.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by anonymous1759(m): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2019
MNDY:

We are not supporting Onnogen and all those culprits you listed. What we are simply saying is that two wrongs cannot make a right.

I support Buhari on this one... These men call Nigerian politicians are Shame less.. If you leave them that's how the country will continue.. Buhari sacking the CJN is seem as a lesser Evil to me. Some people support Atiku because they feel he's a lesser Evil to Buhari.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Ozkar: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2019
anonymous1759:

so because some people have been murdering others and at times have gotten away with it, I can as well come and bash your ignorant head on some wall till you go cold and it would be fine?

You sound very shallow right now. The NBA which you would be a registered member of if you are called to bar condemned this tyrannical disregard for the law, but you are here defending it.

Someday, the tyranny which you are justifying would engulf you and those you hold dear. That day you'd cry for justice, but she would have been long dead with your approval and that of your kind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army To Deploy 10,000 Soldiers In Niger-Delta / Nobody Is Totally Well - Umahi Replies Those Saying That Tinubu Is Not Healthy / Supreme Court To Decide Kano, 6 Other Governorship Cases Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.