Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:58 PM

Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari (18565 Views)

Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / 25 Points From Interview Of ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 1:22am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Section 231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate.

So u c... It is an appointment by Buhari...

This is not removal of the cjn, but suspension as captured in the IA

The Constitution is clearly spelt out on how to remove the CJN. There is no suspension in the Constitution as regards the CJN.
So how does the IA interprets " Suspension " of the CJN when the Constitution itself doesn't have suspension
And as you can see , there is already a court injuction stopping the CCT (whose documents Buhari used as a backup to suspend the CJN) from trying the CJN

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by WebSurfer(m): 1:24am On Jan 26, 2019
bilms:

Get a brain
You actually need to become neutral before you think...

4 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Awol1:

You are an insult to the bar.

Hide your face in shame

Bro, stop commenting on issues you know nothing about...

You don't know the law, you are not a lawyer... So shhhhhhhh.

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:26am On Jan 26, 2019
lagdmark:

Senseless comments ever

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by erosimo(m): 1:27am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Please why was Salami removed? He was standing tall for the Judiciary, why would the NJC give recommendation...

Do you also know they gave GEJ a recommendation to reinstate him... Read on it

since salami was recommended by NJC for suspension, definitely, a reinstatement was expected.
remember, after his suspension nobody was nominated for the office of president of court of appeal
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by WebSurfer(m): 1:29am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:

Stop writing like you know anything

The interpretation act says the president can suspend or remove who he appoints.
Unfortunately, the CJN isn't appointed by the President. So he can't suspend him.
Mr reader, did you read that part that talks about a recommendation from CCT ?

2 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:37am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:

The Constitution is clearly spelt out on how to remove the CJN. There is no suspension in the Constitution as regards the CJN.
So how does the IA interprets " Suspension " of the CJN when the Constitution itself doesn't have suspension
And as you can see , there is already a court injuction stopping the CCT (whose documents Buhari used as a backup to suspend the CJN) from trying the CJN

First, i mean no disrespect as that is not my style, but it took me 5 years to study law and become one of the best in my class, 1 year in Law school, and years of practice to know this things... I'm sure i can't challenge you in what you studied... Atiku with his diploma saraki, PDP have sent you guys on a wild goose chase for politics... In all of this, you are dodging the facts that this dude is guilty... A poor guy in the street would have been stoned by now.

Buhari possess the power to suspend walter by Law...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

What you are doing is giving imprimatur to evil and dubiosity when you should stand for good as a lawyer.

So you nothing wrong in the president not recognizing a court of appeal judgement that ruled on stay of execution, but implementing the directive of the CCT which is a lower court?

Did you get your law degree on quota system?

11 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by snowball11(m): 1:40am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:

The position of the CJN isn't by appointment by the President. I already gave you an example of what appointment is by our constitution.
Buhari can decide tomorrow to fire the head of Nigerian Army. Nobody will question him cos he solely appointed him.
That's not same for the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. I emphasize, Buhari can only fire him on recommendation by the NJC or 2/3 majority of the senate

My bro, it's okay! you have schooled that dropout of a lawyer enough. Let him go back to law school and get properly acquainted with the laws and constitution of Nigeria so as to stop constituting a nuisance on a public forum! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by gabbylight: 1:41am On Jan 26, 2019
fergie001:

Hahahahahaha....baba deh cry for am...e go be you like say money don waste for his education abi?
Hahahahahaha

U mek me laff my belle out.. Lolzzz
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:49am On Jan 26, 2019
Awol1:

What you are doing is giving imprimatur to evil and dubiosity when you should stand for good as a lawyer.

So you nothing wrong in the president not recognizing a court of appeal judgement that ruled on stay of execution, but implementing the directive of the CCT which is a lower court?

Did you get your law degree on quota system?

The court has nothing to do with the recommendation for his suspension... Have you been following the case... The court injunction was to stop the cct trial and has nothing to do with the exparte order sent to Buhari... And even if it does, buhari has discretion to suspend him even without court order

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

The court has nothing to do with the recommendation for his suspension... Have you been following the case... The court injunction was to stop the cct trial and has nothing to do with the exparte order sent to Buhari... And even if it does, buhari has discretion to suspend him even without court order

Even without court order you say?

that's irrespective of constitutional provision?

Is that not anarchy?

Is that what was taught at Law school in your time?

6 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by fergie001: 2:28am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

I beg you in the name of God,retract your last 2 lines,please

3 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by fergie001: 2:31am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Bro, walter was acting until Osinbanjo appointed him... By our law, NJC recommends and the President appoints...

Also, the NA doesn't have to be part of a CJN removal... Just a recommendation from the NJC and Buhari can fire his ass...

So did the NJC recommend now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami
God bless you so much for this.
You have said it all.
Good to know we still have intellectual people with bright minds like yours.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Racoon(m): 3:55am On Jan 26, 2019
No reasonable & conscious humanity will agree with this overt impunity and lawlessness.
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by EponOjuku: 3:56am On Jan 26, 2019
Karma is dealing with PDP full bingo style without using protection.

What is good for Ayo Salami is also good for Onnoghen.

QED

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by kumakunta: 3:57am On Jan 26, 2019
BOSS MOVES by Buhari

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:58am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

First, i mean no disrespect as that is not my style, but it took me 5 years to study law and become one of the best in my class, 1 year in Law school, and years of practice to know this things... I'm sure i can't challenge you in what you studied... Atiku with his diploma saraki, PDP have sent you guys on a wild goose chase for politics... In all of this, you are dodging the facts that this dude is guilty... A poor guy in the street would have been stoned by now.

Buhari possess the power to suspend walter by Law...
AGAIN, YOU ARE BLESSED..
NOW, try to stop replying some delusional ones here, pick some intellectual ones to respond to.
Nice day Barrister.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:58am On Jan 26, 2019
EponOjuku:
Karma is dealing with PDP full bingo style without using protection.

What is good for Ayo Salami is also good for Onnoghen.

QED
Yeeesss oooo!
END OF DISCUSSION
PDP are hypocrites

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by kevwemike: 4:00am On Jan 26, 2019
bilms:
CJN’s Suspension: Olawepo-Hashim Seeks international sanctions against Buhari, others

Presidential candidate of Peoples Trust (PT) in the February 16, 2019 election, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has called for international sanctions against officials of the executive arm of the Federal Government of Nigeria, declaring that the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, by President Muhammadu Buhari was a decent to full-blown dictatorship.

The Presidential hopeful in a statement on Friday, said that the development was an aberration to the laws of Nigeria and an indication that the country had again fallen into dictatorship.

He said: “This is a clear indication that we have returned to full blown dictatorship. Following the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation, we are seeing a full-blown dictatorship in Nigeria. It is an abyss, an aberration and a clear violation of our laws.

“We will not allow Nigeria to fall into dictatorship anymore.

“I call on all lovers of Nigeria and lovers of democracy and the international community to immediately impose sanctions on officials of the executive arm of government, their families, including their friends

He said: “This is a clear indication that we have returned to full blown dictatorship. Following the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation, we are seeing a full-blown dictatorship in Nigeria. It is an abyss, an aberration and a clear violation of our laws.

“We will not allow Nigeria to fall into dictatorship anymore.

“I call on all lovers of Nigeria and lovers of democracy and the international community to immediately impose sanctions on officials of the executive arm of government, their families, including their friends and associates.”

Olawepo Hashim enumerated the sanctions to be imposed on officials of the Buhari government to include an immediate travel ban on executive officeholders at the federal level, freeze on their bank accounts and the refusal of visa, including on health grounds “to members of the executive arm of government, their friends, families and associates.”

He also called on President Buhari to immediately resign from office on account of his violation of the 1999 Constitution, which he said the President swore to uphold.

He said: “I call on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately step down as President. This is a violation of our constitution and he should resign immediately.”

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/186558/
Pls and pls Nigerians should stop crying u haven't seen anything yet more are still coming, GEJ warned us that u will not know the freedom u are enjoying until he lives office, but u all wanted change, pls enjoy ur change.

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by highdon(m): 4:17am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami

Receive sense

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by surevik(f): 4:17am On Jan 26, 2019
Just like Abacha, Baba Buhari isn't afraid of any sanction
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by CityNGR: 4:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Bro, walter was acting until Osinbanjo appointed him... By our law, NJC recommends and the President appoints...

Also, the NA doesn't have to be part of a CJN removal... Just a recommendation from the NJC and Buhari can fire his ass...

Your school fees was wasted.

2 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by openmine(m): 4:27am On Jan 26, 2019
Awol1:

Even without court order you say?

that's irrespective of constitutional provision?

Is that not anarchy?

Is that what was taught at Law school in your time?
This one pass blowdrop
grin grin
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by AFONJACOW(m): 4:34am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

t

charge and bail lawyer we Don hear
Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sokera: 4:36am On Jan 26, 2019
I doubt it if Nigerians are ready for a clean country , we allowed these elites to use us and we forget we are to fight for a safe country ... Buhari decisions is creating tension in the country just because a leader of a nation judiciary did something that’s against the law of the nation ... CJN messed up big time and Buhari hook up to the opportunity to deal with him ... we are in trouble in this country if majority is keeping mute on the wrong part of the CJN ... before you quote me negatively remember the CJN accepted his faults ....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Staro: 4:38am On Jan 26, 2019
Sad moment for our country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Mourns Precious Owolabi Killed In Shiites Protest / Tinubu To Chair Aisha Buhari’s Book Launch (Aisha Buhari Being Different) / Soludo Appoints 20 Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.