Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com (43170 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Babiboy: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
Booking
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by koboko69: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
nameo:
Complete rubbish

Go.to court as PDP told Sanusi when he was suspended

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by naijapips04: 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
koboko69:
Check out this threads

See Hypocrisy of Reno, how he supported suspension of CBN governor. He con dey cry now cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/4984756/hypocrisy-see-reno-omokri-support

See this one again.
How PDP thought APC the supension politics.

https://www.nairaland.com/4984812/constitution-removal-how-pdp-thought

Lalasticlala

what has CBN governor got to do with a CJN? do you even understand the fundamentals of this matter?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by don4real18(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by FunctionX(m): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
eyeview:
Hitler killed millions of people and yet there were people who still justified the ignoble actions.
So am not surprised that justifications are coming for these brazen illegality

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sogodihno: 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
Built2last:
Has anyone noticed that any topic that gives impetus to Buharis impunity hits front page ASAP.

Anyway....We shall see on #FailBuhari 16

get sense na! and yet all the thread in which people condem PMB is being move to front page steadily, u ipob pigs are just useless, so Nairaland had marginalize u niyen o

senseless adult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SalamRushdie: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
The writer is clearly incapacitated when it come to understanding the law

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by fk001(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Shut up

I'll delete my nairaland account and will never defend southern Nigeria if these things don't happen.

1) the former cjn is put
2)if buhari failed to do so, they should impeach him.

3) Nigeria should break up if all these fail.

In you weirdest dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by koboko69: 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
naijapips04:

what has CBN governor got to do with a CJN? do you even understand the fundamentals of this matter?

Ask me again?

Same way Sanusi was suspended without ff the laid down procedure to remove a CBN governor is the same way the CJN was suspended. PDP thought APC....

If u nor like am....

Go kill ya sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by djshevytee: 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wailers over to you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by meezynetwork(m): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ok
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Built2last: 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
sogodihno:

get sense na! and yet all the thread in which people condem PMB is being move to front page steadily, u ipob pigs are just useless, so Nairaland had marginalize u niyen o

senseless adult

Very quick to insult. Have you slammed your head today

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by deji17: 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Exactly
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ud4u: 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nigeria my country, I weep for democracy

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by gurunlocker: 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
He can obey this order but can't obey the order for Dasuki and Zarkazy?
What manner of fuckery is that?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by theoldpretender(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
koboko69:

Ask me again?

Same way Sanusi was suspended without ff the laid down procedure to remove a CBN governor is the same way the CJN was suspended. PDP thought APC....

If u nor like am....

Go kill ya sef

Still does not make the way the CJN was fired right...

And yes, the CJN is corrupt...and should have stepped down. But when we start breaking laws to fight criminal acts, we make things more diffiuclt for us down the road.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Joedoyle(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
Blah blah blah! The is no excuse. This government is more corrupt than the previous one. No one will know till they are dethrone. Then we will realise that their centralise effort was to be able to loot well. Nigeria my country, her citizens, we need to throw them (PDP and APC) down. We need revolution. We need to push out bad leaders as the Chinese did. Lets come together and build a nation of hope not of promise.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by naijapips04: 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
koboko69:

Ask me again?

If u nor like am....

Go kill ya sef

can you point me to the laid down procedures for suspending a CBN governor as contained in the CONSTITUTION ?

I'm waiting. And please don't coward off like your colleagues.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sogodihno: 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
Built2last:

Very quick to insult. Have you slammed your head today

Lolz, am a Christian guy, don't always cry fowl, all d thread condemning the action has bn put to front page, too.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Shut up

I'll delete my nairaland account and will never defend southern Nigeria if these things don't happen.

1) the former cjn is put

Kindly delete now and enter the lagoon. tongue
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Bluffly: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
naijapips04:

Explain
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Wallade(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
koboko69:

I did a thread about this.
But lalasticlala nor send me

Na the same technicalities Jonathan take suspend CBN governor.

https://www.nairaland.com/4984812/constitution-removal-how-pdp-thought

When Jonathan suspended the CBN governor, several people and I also indicated that it was an aberration. However, there is yet a fundamental issue with the suspension of the CJN that you (supporters of the action) all failed to recognize:

There are three arms of government in Nigeria's democratic system of government: Executive, Judiciary and Legislative arm of government. They are designed to create checks and balances in the system of government and to be independent of control from other arms despite working in harmony to govern the nation appropriately.

The CJN is the head of the Judiciary hence an independent arm of government. The president has no business or power to suspend a CJN especially considering the dictates of the Constitution of Nigeria.

The president desecrated the constitution that he swore to protect with that action; the president went overboard in exercise of his powers.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by rusher14: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Shut up

1) the former cjn is put

Please don't delete your account.

How would Nairaland survive without you?
grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by BIGGIE121(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
the federal gov did not suspended the CJN ...the fed. Gov used the word "suspension" to manipulate the whole issue .... The CJN has been removed indirectly

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by lielbree: 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Stupìd fools everywhere. The entire justice of the supreme court have resolved to stand by onnoghen

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by JuanDeDios: 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
verifielive:
@POLITICSNGR

Below is an article written by Audu Bulama Bukarti on the recent suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, made available to PoliticsNGR. Read Below;

https://politicsngr.com/9-reasons-suspension-cjn-constitutional/
I agree. Onnoghen has no business remaining in office during the trial. Although Buhari too was acting in his own interest. He would have ignored the CCT ruling if Onnoghen was a favourite of his. Racketeers in power. CJN ogbologbo. Buhari Jaguda.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sparog(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
It's like op is high on osogbo weed

Opening your mouth to spew rubbish cos u feel it's right doesn't make it right

I don't know how one arm of government will suspend another arm cos of one magomago recommendation which were hastily reached

It's unconstitutional and it's wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magnus Abe: 'Amaechi Asked Me To Bomb INEC Office’ / Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage / Governor El-rufai Arrives Kaduna In Style After His Short Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.