Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com (43173 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SEONaijaExpert: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
bilulu:

was I really expecting anything different? I wasn't disappointed with your response cuz if PMB isn't aware of anything how come his foot soldiers will be aware. The fact is a precedence is being set today. it's neither a PDP or APC affairs but the survival of Nigeria's democracy. we are clapping for lawlessness today for getting that the actor will vacate seat one day. he won't be there forever but Nigeria will remain and the foundation being laid today will determine what will happen tomorrow.
There's no statement that connects Mr. President with this allegation. Hence, I wouldn't know how you came about his awareness on the issue. Furthermore, the mantra of lawlessness, tyrannic claims and disregard for the rule of law that has all of a sudden become the chorus for you guys ever since the CJN was suspended is practically ridiculous because ironically this same man whilst being called these names is actually working hard to fix it.

The foundation and structures on ground be it the executives or the judiciary is a strong one, firm and impervious. Just like my response to someone earlier here, I'm still stunned that you guys are seeing lawlessness, tyranny and whatnot but not asking the right questions.

What was $3million doing in a foreign accounts of the former CJN? Why did he not declare all his assets and how possible was it that he acquired so much properties after the initial declaration?

These questions are not asked. The real lawlessness is ignored and the act of corruption is exalted and shamefully celebrated because you guys chose to see wrongly. I'm baffled with the one-sided mindset you have on sensitive and complex national issue like this.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Tareq1105: 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Boyooosa:

In the case of Justice Ayo Saalmi; he was the President of Courts of Appeal which by hierarchy a lesser office to the Office of the CJN.
CJN heads all courts in nigeria and by the virtue of that can easily recommend or give exparte order for a removal or suspension of any Judge or Justice to that effect. in fact in case of GEJ, Katsina-Alu and Ayo Salami, it was very easy for Katsina-Alu to have given such order (since he was the CJN) as it directly concerns the feud between him and the unfortunate President of Nigerian Courts of Appeal.
GEJ on his own part was also fast enough to execute the order for the best reason known to him.
Fast forward to present day; in this case the CJN is now involved not the President of Court of Appeal (who still have a superior officer ahead of him, the CJN in person) this time around, in assumption that the CJN is guilty of the allegation charged against him, how logical do you think he can be appropriately trialed? Even though, we know that the presidency has his motive for rushing up the case but for justice to prevail considering time frame, how best do you think the CCT can work effectively in this kind of situation?
Moreover, dont you blame the CJN of being faulty to have committed such crime even when he was in the know of the implication?
anyway, to me, i think he should have stepped aside voluntarily since he has conceded the corrupt practice as a function of 'mistake and forgetfulness'.

Onnoghen has soiled his hands.

If a grade level 12 Officer make such error, that I forgot, Judge will say it was intentional and you are hereby sentence to 6 months in pri.....
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by gawu1: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
ValCon888:
Your first point is baseless and pointless. An ex-parte order that was issued without any application from either party.

Secondly, let me disabuse the minds of many people who say Goodluck did it to Sanusi. Get this in your head; The Central Bank Governor is under the executive arm of government. The Central Bank regulates financial institutions and executes policies to that effect. The Central Bank Governor is also a political office holder who serves at the pleasure of his president.

The CJN on the other hand is the head of an entirely different arm of government. He is not a political office holder but a judicial officer. Under the principle of separation of powers, he does not serve at the pleasure of the president and as such cannot be suspended by said president.

He can only be removed and the constitution has laid down steps and procedures for his removal. The purported suspension is not only illegal, it is also dangerous for our democracy as this can lead to anarchy in the future where presidents and governors 'suspend' their CJs for not carrying out their bidding.

*Modified*
For the zombies quoting me; Justice Ayo Salami was suspended by the NJC on the 11th of August 2011. I detest being quoted by mindless fools who fail to understand the integrity of their country is in jeopardy.
You are really an unrepentant vampire pig . Justice Salami removal came after his suspension by Jonathan, but vampire pigs are trying all means to change the narrations around this so recent story today. When that illegality happened those of you wailing on the present scenario were laughing and even quoted portions upon portion from the constitution to justify it.
Below is Make Ozekhome, SAN argument supporting the suspension of Justice Salami by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court:
''According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8 LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without Senate. And the President just exercised this''.
Thus, that was Ozekhome. What power Jonathan had exercised then when he suspended an Appeal Court Justice President is the same power Buhari has now to suspend any erring judge that compromised on his or her duty.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by kmaster007: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
peoples shouting suld jst go bck to secondary sch to study govt well well... lolz
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sammhi(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Tareq1105:

Ganduje has immunity.

What does step aside mean?

If someone is asked to step aside, would such person still be allowed to carry on his official duties?

Seems you don't understand law ....
Immunity is about prosecution not suspension...The constitution is clear how to remove a governor by impeachment or death but only by the house
So U can't sue the governor to court but the house of assembly is the only recognise place to remove a governor. Any other meana is illegal That's why a military coup is illegal and if caught you would be charged for the crime ....even if the president is corrupt
Now bacK to issue of CJN...
Whether he is corrupt or not is not the issue . but how to remove him .. even if he is corrupt
Let's agree to the kangaroo judgement of the CCT...it says let him step aside ... The order is not to PMB but to the judge ...so the Judge when he receives the court order can decide to appeal it or stay excision on it ...since he has no immunity he can also appeal the case...
the court order to the CJN is not executed by PMb alone it must still pass the legal way the Constitution provides
If someone says you should recruit this man into the ministry ...or a court have ordered to employ someone .. do U just go ahead or you would go through normal process of reabsorption. You would still go through normal process and collect his credentials , interview him and then issue him letter of employment.You wont just go ahead and issue him letter .. you can even appeal that's judgement.. if you have done interview and found him not suitable for the job
Is the CJN aware of the judgement? Was he served ?
Why the rush ?
So the PMB move is political rather than altruistic. PMB knows it is illegal and unacceptable...in any society
This is not a military rule mister
The CJN is not under the president.. so he can't sack or suspend him period .
You only sack someone under you ...the CJN is not under the president.....no
Just as the president cannot sack or suspend the Senate president he can't also suspend or sack the CJN..period
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by deomelo: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
8. I believe this action will facilitate quick dispensation of justice in this matter. Before the Order, the “generous SANs” representing the “poor” CJN had started taking steps that are clearly intended to frustrate his trial. They had started raising frivolous issues and making empty applications because they knew that their client had an upper hand. Now that he has been suspended, the defense counsel will be serious to prosecute the matter to its conclusion so that their client might be reinstated as quickly as possible if he is not found guilty.

This is the most disgusting side of our legal and judicial system, the manipulation of the legal system where corrupt SANs frustrate the system with frivolous delays, injunctions, appeals and ultimately shopping for and bribing corrupt judges for favorable judgments. This is how the CJ end up with millions of dollars in his bank account to start with, this is how e arrived at this junction to start with.

The suspended CJ should have resigned after admitting or confessing that he broke the law, I mean, is he expecting to continue as the CJ after breaking the law and personally confessing?

The fact that his colleagues, the NJC and the NBA didn't advise or demand that he resign and step aside shows that the judiciary is grossly immoral, shameless. They are so used to having their corrupt ways that basic common sense and a strong sense of ethics demanded by their profession flew over their heads.

I'm glad that the President cut through the chase by sparing us the endless judicial drama, legal games, shopping for corrupt judges and courts to let a self-confessed criminal, a whole CJ evade justice.

Now, with this crooked and corrupt CJ sidelined, the NJC must do the needful to save their stained and battered profession, they must ask and force the disgraced suspended CJ to resign imediatly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 11:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
gawu1:

You are really an unrepentant vampire pig . Justice Salami removal came after his suspension by Jonathan, but vampire pigs are trying all means to change the narrations around this so recent story today. When that illegality happened those of you wailing on the present scenario were laughing and even quoted portions upon portion from the constitution to justify it.
Below is Make Ozekhome, SAN argument supporting the suspension of Justice Salami by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court:
''According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8 LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without Senate. And the President just exercised this''.
Thus, that was Ozekhome. What power Jonathan had exercised then when he suspended an Appeal Court Justice President is the same power Buhari has now to suspend any erring judge that compromised on his or her duty.
Salami was suspended by the NJC under Katsina-alu. Its even on Wikipedia.
Please go and chase your master's cows in daura and stop quoting me.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
shocked
gawu1:

Justice Salami dismissal was political. Justice salami suspension by GEJ came before NJC suspension. Katsina - Alu was CJN & head of NJC he removed Salami as PCA & sent him to Supreme Court which Salami rejected. The crisis led to his suspension by GEJ before Katsina - Alu (Salami's enemy ) led NJC suspended him. Onoghen cannot head the judiciary while he is being tried.

The Acting CJN should call for an emergency meeting of NJC where the allegations against Onoghen will be investigated.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by gawu1: 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
ValCon888:

Salami was suspended by the NJC under Katsina-alu. Its even on Wikipedia.
Please go and chase your master's cows in daura and stop quoting me.
InSofar you remain adamant to reasons like garrulous pigs l will continue to trail you with evidence

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 12:23am On Jan 27, 2019
gawu1:

InSofar you remain adamant to reasons like garrulous pigs l will continue to trail you with evidence

Is reinstate the same thing as suspension?

Olodo zombie.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by veesolely1: 12:24am On Jan 27, 2019
Mr Sabi Sabi, so with the suspension of the CJN buhari has no option than to obey as according to our co constitution but in the case of Elzazarky, Dasuki etc your buhari has option in obeying various courts orders directing him to release them abi...?
People like you are the problem of this country.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Mkmoney(m): 1:32am On Jan 27, 2019
So buhari knows how to obey court orders and the rule of law then why hasn't he released dansuki and do the needful concerning ganduje
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Idcomics: 2:05am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:
Your first point is baseless and pointless. An ex-parte order that was issued without any application from either party.

Secondly, let me disabuse the minds of many people who say Goodluck did it to Sanusi. Get this in your head; The Central Bank Governor is under the executive arm of government. The Central Bank regulates financial institutions and executes policies to that effect. The Central Bank Governor is also a political office holder who serves at the pleasure of his president.

The CJN on the other hand is the head of an entirely different arm of government. He is not a political office holder but a judicial officer. Under the principle of separation of powers, he does not serve at the pleasure of the president and as such cannot be suspended by said president.

He can only be removed and the constitution has laid down steps and procedures for his removal. The purported suspension is not only illegal, it is also dangerous for our democracy as this can lead to anarchy in the future where presidents and governors 'suspend' their CJs for not carrying out their bidding.

*Modified*
For the zombies quoting me; Justice Ayo Salami was suspended by the NJC on the 11th of August 2011. I detest being quoted by mindless fools who fail to understand the integrity of their country is in jeopardy.
thanks for this sir, exactly what have been trying to explain to people
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by deomelo: 2:22am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:

*Modified*

(f) is removed by the President:
Provided that the removal of the Governor shall be supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate praying that he be so removed (emphasis supplied).

https://www.legalnaija.com/2014/02/law-on-removal-of-cbn-governor.html

Regardless of the arm of government, the same 2/3 approval applies and last time I checked, GEJ didn't bother with the constitution or two-thirds majority of the Senate when he sacked the CBN governor, SLS

Be credible and consistent with your views.

Look in the mirror for ZOMBIE
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SachaBastien(m): 3:41am On Jan 27, 2019
baarak66:

Now let's know who the real idiot is, you or him!!!

Below is Mike Ozekhome ,SAN. Argument Supporting the suspension of Justice Ayo Salami President of the court of Appeal by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court. Pls read.5

*”According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without senate. And the President just exercised this”*

This was the law that Mike Ozekhome ,SAN deployed in his argument supporting Jonathan but today the clown is calling for breakdown of law & order.
You make the same mistakes your father made and justify them for that singular reason. You are an oaf!
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sammhi(m): 4:24am On Jan 27, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

There's no statement that connects Mr. President with this allegation. Hence, I wouldn't know how you came about his awareness on the issue. Furthermore, the mantra of lawlessness, tyrannic claims and disregard for the rule of law that has all of a sudden become the chorus for you guys ever since the CJN was suspended is practically ridiculous because ironically this same man whilst being called these names is actually working hard to fix it.

The foundation and structures on ground be it the executives or the judiciary is a strong one, firm and impervious. Just like my response to someone earlier here, I'm still stunned that you guys are seeing lawlessness, tyranny and whatnot but not asking the right questions.

What was $3million doing in a foreign accounts of the former CJN? Why did he not declare all his assets and how possible was it that he acquired so much properties after the initial declaration?

These questions are not asked. The real lawlessness is ignored and the act of corruption is exalted and shamefully celebrated because you guys chose to see wrongly. I'm baffled with the one-sided mindset you have on sensitive and complex national issue like this.
Hahahaha...
The CJN removal by PMb is illegal. Even if the CJN has 3MUSD in his account !
CJN is not under PMB or the president so he can't remove him ...Just as PMB cannot suspend SarAki for any reason ...He also can't Suapend the CJN...period
If the CJN is found guilty of any crime then the senate has to remove him period
That is what the constitution says
....it has nothing to do with how much is in his account
Thats how the constitution works ...Just like you can not kill a man you found a dead man in his house even if you are a policemen...you still need court to convict him .if the court cannot convict him ,the man is free...that's how law works . Simple ..it is not how you want it biut how law works ! The law is an Ass.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Konquest: 4:27am On Jan 27, 2019
verifielive:
@POLITICSNGR

Below is an article written by Audu Bulama Bukarti on the recent suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, made available to PoliticsNGR. Read Below;

"Given the supersonic speed at which the CCB & CCT are moving and the uncharacteristic enthusiasm of the FG to comply with judicial orders, I am suspicious of the motive behind the prosecution of the CJN.

I am also concerned with the time of the whole thing. But this is just a marginal note; a statement by the way side. I will keep it for another day.

Now, turning to the topic at hand, I do not see anything wrong or illegal with the suspension of the CJN and swearing-in yesterday of Hon. Justice Ibrahim Tanko. The action of PMB is constitutional. Nay, he had a duty to act in the way he did. Here are my seven reasons:

1. PMB did not act on his own motion. He acted on an Order of the CCT.

2. The CCT has an inherent power under Section 6 of the Constitution to issue any order that will promote the Rule of Law and ensure the smooth conduct of its proceedings. I believe this order does both. See point 7 below.

3. Some lawyers have argued that CCT’s Order is illegal or even unconstitutional. But this is not PMB’s business. He can’t question the legality of a judicial decision as doing so will tantamount to the president sitting on appeal on the Judgement of a Court.

4. Under our constitutional system, PMB has no option than to obey the said Order. That is why we have been urging him to obey the Orders on Dasuki and Zakzaky. I repeat the same call here toady;

5. The provisions of Section 292 cited by the NBA and others do not apply to this matter as the CJN was not “removed”. He was “suspended” pursuant to a valid and subsisting Order. The removal envisaged by and under Section 292 of the Constitution means “the dismissal of someone from a job” while suspension as in the present case means “[to] temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.”

6. The CJN is the head of the all Nigerian courts and Judiciary as well as the Chairman of the National Judicial Council which, under his Chairmanship, exercises supervisory and disciplinary role on all judges and judicial officer in Nigeria. This means any decision reached by CCT may likely go on appeal up to the Supreme Court where the CJN is at the helm of affairs.

7. It is against the rule of Natural Justice for Justice Onneghen to remain the CJN and Chairman NJC while facing trial under the same judges whose promotions, disciplinary and other related matters are under him;

8. I believe this action will facilitate quick dispensation of justice in this matter. Before the Order, the “generous SANs” representing the “poor” CJN had started taking steps that are clearly intended to frustrate his trial. They had started raising frivolous issues and making empty applications because they knew that their client had an upper hand. Now that he has been suspended, the defense counsel will be serious to prosecute the matter to its conclusion so that their client might be reinstated as quickly as possible if he is not found guilty.

9. Assuming, without conceding, that there are any anomalies in the procedure adopted. I would rather forgo any such anomalies for the crushingly disappointing alleged acts of the person who is suppose to hold those who violate our laws to account. I feel we must get the bottom of the allegations against the CJN whatever and punish him if he is guilty."

https://politicsngr.com/9-reasons-suspension-cjn-constitutional/

Onnoghen simply has to explain how he got
a whopping $3 million undeclared in 5 bank
accounts with Standard Chartered Bank.

Failure to do so means they are proceeds of
bribes from corrupt politicians to pervert justice in
court!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Konquest: 4:41am On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:

This is the most disgusting side of our legal and judicial system, the manipulation of the legal system where corrupt SANs frustrate the system with frivolous delays, injunctions, appeals and ultimately shopping for and bribing corrupt judges for favorable judgments. This is how the CJ end up with millions of dollars in his bank account to start with, this is how e arrived at this junction to start with.

The suspended CJ should have resigned after admitting or confessing that he broke the law, I mean, is he expecting to continue as the CJ after breaking the law and personally confessing?

The fact that his colleagues, the NJC and the NBA didn't advise or demand that he resign and step aside shows that the judiciary is grossly immoral, shameless. They are so used to having their corrupt ways that basic common sense and a strong sense of ethics demanded by their profession flew over their heads.

I'm glad that the President cut through the chase by sparing us the endless judicial drama, legal games, shopping for corrupt judges and courts to let a self-confessed criminal, a whole CJ evade justice.

Now, with this crooked and corrupt CJ sidelined, the NJC must do the needful to save their stained and battered profession, they must ask and force the disgraced suspended CJ to resign imediatly.

Well said! grin

This is why those PDP guys and their other
satellite political parties must not be allowed
to take control of the Federal Government as
of now because this would mark the end of
all corruption cases and Nigeria will be back
to the very deep abyss of corruption!

Last week 2 former INEC officials were jailed
for collecting millions from Diezani Allison
Madueke as bribes to influence the 2015
elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sammhi(m): 4:41am On Jan 27, 2019
Konquest:

Onnoghen simply has to explain how he got
a whopping $3 million undeclared in 5 bank
accounts with Standard Chartered Bank.

Failure to do so means they are proceeds of
bribes from corrupt politicians to pervert justice in
court!

Stop being parochial and narrow minded ....the CJN is not under the president so PMB cannot suspend him ....
The money in his account predate his tenure as CJN ...it was there before he became CJN
But that's not the point ...
The CCT ruling is not to FG but to the CJN ...to step aside ...he can step aside by resigning his position as CJN or if the senate remove him since he is a member of NJC . So the best approach by PMb is to write the senate for his removal .....and list why he should be removed ....
Same way PMB tried to remove SarAki by taking him to court ....so he should have done same to the CJN. Period
In democracy the president has limited powers so that anyone who is president does not become a dictator doing whatever he pleases. OBJ wanted to do third term but senate has to approve it ...and they rejected it and that is all
Even the ruling of the CCT can still be appealed by the CJN...since he has no immunity....it is not how or what the president wants it but what the law says ....
The law is that the president has no powers to suspend the CJN even if he is found to be an armed robber. The president would still need to drag him to the senate for removal .....
That is the law ... unfortunately.!
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Konquest: 4:52am On Jan 27, 2019
baarak66:

Now let's know who the real idiot is, you or him!!!

Below is Mike Ozekhome ,SAN. Argument Supporting the suspension of Justice Ayo Salami President of the court of Appeal by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court. Pls read.5

*”According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without senate. And the President just exercised this”*

This was the law that Mike Ozekhome ,SAN deployed in his argument supporting Jonathan but today the clown is calling for breakdown of law & order.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
That Mike Ozekhome.. I used to like him
for his pro-democracy activities... It was
after he got kidnapped in Edo State and the
police rescued him during the era of GEJ
that I noticed a change in his personality
and he started defending corrupt people
on an excessive basis!
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sparko1(m): 5:29am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:

I know it is very hard, but please try and have some sense. I never mentioned whether the suspended CJN is guilty of the allegations or not. All i said is is his suspension is illegal and unknown under our constitution.

And you that have sense, what is the right cause of action? Or you think everyone reason with their ass!

You can't expect the IG of police to be investigated by the police, he has to be suspended for a thorough investigation, and who told you his suspension is illegal? Like I said, get a copy of the constitution, you can get the free pdf version and read.

The president can suspend but not remove, so read your constitution, digest it before coming to nairaland to make a fool of yourself.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by tit(f): 5:30am On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari is a osu, pig.
he is wrong
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 5:36am On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:

[b]Regardless of the arm of government, the same 2/3 approval applies and last time I checked, GEJ didn't bother with the constitution or two-thirds majority of the Senate when he sacked the CBN governor, SLS

Be credible and consistent with your views.

Look in the mirror for ZOMBIE

Look at this cow chaser. It seems you did not read the conclusion of my post. Is a CBN governor the same as a CJN? One is a political office holder in the executive arm while the other is the head of the judiciary. The danger of suspending a CJN is far more damaging for our democracy because it puts the judiciary in the control of the executive. You fail to see the bigger picture because you're not a Nigerian. You're a mindless buhari apologist. .
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sparko1(m): 5:37am On Jan 27, 2019
somziency:

Small thing they will start abusing. Puncture his argument with facts. Why didn't he suspend saraki then? Why did he take the matter to cct initially? Why didn't he allow justice to run its full course. We are all contributing to this mess and posterity will judge all of us for it. The constitution is what separates democracy from military rule. Any deviation from its use is illegality no matter whose ox is gourd.

Which school did you attend, you better take back all your school fees, You said facts, all you did is ask irrelevant questions! Where is the fact Mr puncture?

Maybe you need a copy of the constitution, the president can suspend but not remove, read your constitution.

Don't quote me until you can answer some OBJ from the constitution.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 5:41am On Jan 27, 2019
sparko1:

And you that have sense, what is the right cause of action? Or you think everyone reason with their ass!

You can't expect the IG of police to be investigated by the police, he has to be suspended for a thorough investigation, and who told you his suspension is illegal? Like I said, get a copy of the constitution, you can get the free pdf version and read.

The president can suspend but not remove, so read your constitution, digest it before coming to nairaland to make a fool of yourself.

I urge you once again not to be an idiot. The president cannot suspend the CJN. Its written nowhere. Unless the constitution you read is written at the back of your television.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sparko1(m): 7:13am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:

I urge you once again not to be an idiot. The president cannot suspend the CJN. Its written nowhere. Unless the constitution you read is written at the back of your television.

Don't quote me until you read the constitution! You make claims like you know what you are saying, no logic, no fact! Just rant!
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by deomelo: 7:21am On Jan 27, 2019
[s]
ValCon888:

Look at this cow chaser. It seems you did not read the conclusion of my post. Is a CBN governor the same as a CJN? One is a political office holder in the executive arm while the other is the head of the judiciary. The danger of suspending a CJN is far more damaging for our democracy because it puts the judiciary in the control of the executive. You fail to see the bigger picture because you're not a Nigerian. You're a mindless buhari apologist. .
[/s]

What's more damaging to our democracy than leaving corrupt and self-confessed law breaking judges with millions of dollars in a dozen bank account adjudicate tainted cases.

Your first duty as a Nigerian should be accountability and asking the judge to step down simply because confessed that he broke the law.

There's no place for such characters on the bench while on trial.

Imagine asking the same crooked judge to investigate himself as the head of NJC and even recommend his own suspension?

Going back to your other nonsense, I said regardless what arm of government the CBN and the Judiciary call home, they both have the same 2/3 stipulation so your bait and switch rubbish was meaningless.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 7:52am On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

What's more damaging to our democracy than leaving corrupt and self-confessed law breaking judges with millions of dollars in a dozen bank account adjudicate tainted cases.

Your first duty as a Nigerian should be accountability and asking the judge to step down simply because confessed that he broke the law.

There's no place for such characters on the bench while on trial.

Imagine asking the same crooked judge to investigate himself as the head of NJC and even recommend his own suspension?

Going back to your other nonsense, I said regardless what arm of government the CBN and the Judiciary call home, they both have the same 2/3 stipulation so your bait and switch rubbish was meaningless.

Swerve jare. Buhari zombie. Having an intellectual discourse with you is meaningless.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2019
sparko1:

Don't quote me until you read the constitution! You make claims like you know what you are saying, no logic, no fact! Just rant!
Unlike you, i have no pay master. Go and find your square root.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by deomelo: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:

Swerve jare. Buhari zombie.

You obviously thought I posted that for mentally corrupt, ignorant and unintelligent village ipob ZOMBIES.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by ValCon888: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:

You obviously thought I posted that for mentally corrupt, ignorant and unintelligent village ipob ZOMBIES.

Its obvious you're being paid a pittance to stay online. Apc online zombie on guard to keep his fellow zombies in check .
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Raskasal(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2019
OP, you have spoken the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Visits Nigerian Troops In Guinea-bissau Reassures Desire For Global Peace / Lai Mohammed Flies Private Jet To Delta State, Nigerians React (Photos) / Buhari Orders Immediate Payment Of N30,000 Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.