Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com (43171 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by bilulu(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

There's no statement that connects Mr. President with this allegation. Hence, I wouldn't know how you came about his awareness on the issue. Furthermore, the mantra of lawlessness, tyrannic claims and disregard for the rule of law that has all of a sudden become the chorus for you guys ever since the CJN was suspended is practically ridiculous because ironically this same man whilst being called these names is actually working hard to fix it.

The foundation and structures on ground be it the executives or the judiciary is a strong one, firm and impervious. Just like my response to someone earlier here, I'm still stunned that you guys are seeing lawlessness, tyranny and whatnot but not asking the right questions.

What was $3million doing in a foreign accounts of the former CJN? Why did he not declare all his assets and how possible was it that he acquired so much properties after the initial declaration?

These questions are not asked. The real lawlessness is ignored and the act of corruption is exalted and shamefully celebrated because you guys chose to see wrongly. I'm baffled with the one-sided mindset you have on sensitive and complex national issue like this.
you guys always no the law Wen it's favoring u but become ignorant of the law Wen it's against u.... this precedence Buhari is setting will hunt Nigerians and Nigeria for a very long time. pls note that he won't be there forever.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by somziency: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2019
Tareq1105:

Sambo and Zakzaky are security risk

Really?
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by somziency: 11:38am On Jan 27, 2019
sparko1:

Which school did you attend, you better take back all your school fees, You said facts, all you did is ask irrelevant questions! Where is the fact Mr puncture?

Maybe you need a copy of the constitution, the president can suspend but not remove, read your constitution.

Don't quote me until you can answer some OBJ from the constitution.

This is not about school. It is about not reasoning from your ass for stipends.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by sparko1(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:

Unlike you, i have no pay master. Go and find your square root.

The problem with you and all the other angry people in this scenario is, you feel everyone that doesn't support you is paid, or is APC, when will your dumb head understand, there is just two categories and that is the 10% and the rest of us, trust me, no matter what you were given you are not among the 10%, until we understand this, we won't be able to take the country back.

That is the exact mentality that the white used in South Africa, they divided the black (the 90%) for years until that understanding came, they were never liberated.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Seetto: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
lexy2014:

Its like they say u leave d fire burning in ur house 2go& put out d fire in another mans house. B4 u have d moral authority to call someone a thief, then u should b above board
This is not applicable in Nigeria , which ever house we can put out the fire let us put it out, gradually all houses fire will be put out, kudos to PMB for starting from somewhere, after PMB tenure, his government should be investigated and gradually we will surely get it right, my brother I repeat it atiku is not an alternative.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by lexy2014: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Seetto:

This is not applicable in Nigeria , which ever house we can put out the fire let us put it out, gradually all houses fire will be put out, kudos to PMB for starting from somewhere, after PMB tenure, his government should be investigated and gradually we will surely get it right, my brother I repeat it atiku is not an alternative.

Y is having moral authority by our leaders not applicable in Nigeria? Are u saying that holding our leaders 2d highest standard of morality isn't applicable in Nigeria? Can u as a Nigerian leave ur burning house& run across d street 2 help put out d fire in ur neighbours house? At what point did Atiku become part of d discussion that u are repeating that Atiku isn't an alternative?
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SEONaijaExpert: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
bilulu:

you guys always no the law Wen it's favoring u but become ignorant of the law Wen it's against u.... this precedence Buhari is setting will hunt Nigerians and Nigeria for a very long time. pls note that he won't be there forever.
As long as this is within the jurisdiction of the rule of law and due process is adhered to, Nigerians have no reason to worry or fear, even you.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SEONaijaExpert: 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
sammhi:

Hahahaha...
The CJN removal by PMb is illegal. Even if the CJN has 3MUSD in his account !
CJN is not under PMB or the president so he can't remove him ...Just as PMB cannot suspend SarAki for any reason ...He also can't Suapend the CJN...period
If the CJN is found guilty of any crime then the senate has to remove him period
That is what the constitution says
....it has nothing to do with how much is in his account
Thats how the constitution works ...Just like you can not kill a man you found a dead man in his house even if you are a policemen...you still need court to convict him .if the court cannot convict him ,the man is free...that's how law works . Simple ..it is not how you want it biut how law works ! The law is an Ass.
Go and read the clauses in the constitution as concerning executive orders. That's it.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by bilulu(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

As long as this is within the jurisdiction of the rule of law and due process is adhered to, Nigerians have no reason to worry or fear, even you.
what does the constitution says about this case? can the president suspend the CJN according to the constitution?
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by Trustee1: 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Babiboy:
Buhari suspend CJN but did not remove him
But pigs can't understand this
You're obviously the piglet, the one with the shallow little brain who doesn't understand the antics of the lifeless dullard.
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by SEONaijaExpert: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
bilulu:

what does the constitution says about this case? can the president suspend the CJN according to the constitution?
That's the calculative measure taken by the President. I'm sure he's aware of a backfire if due process wasn't followed.

As against what other people are shouting about, the President having discovered the unethical dealings and sudden increase in assets of the former CJN via several allegations, asked the CCT to look into the situation and come up with a report and recommendation. After several adjournment, a conclusion was finally made which indicted the former CJN. The money found and the sudden properties were all discovered to be his.

Now the call of the President will not be to remove him as that's the available position in the constitution and that would demand the involvement of about 2/3 of the senate approval. Hence, the call for his suspension via executive order. That's within President Buhari's power as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Which obviously is a right call.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by DeepNuggets: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Shut up

I'll delete my nairaland account and will never defend southern Nigeria if these things don't happen.

1) the former cjn is put
2)if buhari failed to do so, they should impeach him.

3) Nigeria should break up if all these fail.

Or
4) Keep crying like a child.

Reason well and see this is not about nairaland, or breaking up of Nigeria...it's about making the chief justice accountable. You know how many people have gone to jail for fraud? Now the chief justice's fraud case is making you want Nigeria to breakup...we will just cut your local government away from Nigeria if you really want to break out grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com by geo4c: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
El zarzaky was granted bail by the court but ur buhari did not obey

But he neva read cct order finish he don suspende the poor judge nd even sworn in acting cjn

February 16th no far

Make Nigeria do cum scatter let biafra take course

I haff tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor El-rufai Arrives Kaduna In Style After His Short Holiday / Tinubu Visits Nigerian Troops In Guinea-bissau Reassures Desire For Global Peace / EFCC Arrests Rochas Okorocha For Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.