Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> (13779 Views)

Poll: Do you support the idea of a third term?

Yes: 16% (21 votes)
No: 83% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Full Text Of Fashola's Short Term Agenda For Power, Work And Housing / Revisiting Bakare's Visit To Gej: The $50,000 Bribe And 7-year Term Agenda / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2006
Thank God for wisdom or is it for the light he gives.
at least some people are coming to their senses.
the 3rd term was never meant to come into existence in the first place.
i hope OBY has finally gotten to his senses. we have seen his face enough, we need a new face.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 9:43am On May 18, 2006
Thank God for wisdom or is it for the light he gives.
at least some people are coming to their senses.
the 3rd term was never meant to come into existence in the first place.
i hope OBY has finally gotten to his senses. we have seen his face enough, we need a new face.

Be ready to embrace another old face on TV as the new President of Nigeria after President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Reality sucks.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 10:05am On May 18, 2006
so long as it's going to be different from the one i'm looking at now.

we've seen 100 in this country, i'm not afraid of 99 !
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2006
Gani Fawehinmi can become the President of Nigeria if he is serious.

I have seen Obasanjo, Atiku and Gani im my dreams and I saw them at great construction sites. Gani was the last person I saw in charge of some gigantic machines demolishing old buildings for the construction of new ones. And I saw Gani distributing cassettes to people.

The message is clear that Gani should lead the way for the nation-building of a New Nigeria.

Gani should record nation-building messages in audio tapes and start distributing them to all Nigerians in Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Pidgin English and other popular languages to begin his Presidential Campaign.

I have said my own.
You can pass on the message to Chief Gani Fawehinmi.

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by jibitoye(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2006
Thank you Prophet Orikinla!!

Are you a member of the NCP?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by kafero(m): 12:57am On Jun 02, 2006
I am just wondering about this thing called "Third Term". Is there anything wrong with it?
Are we fighting 3RD Term or OBJ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2006
we are fighting both and i smell disaster in Nigeria now that OBJ wants to make it a do or die affair. Now he wants someone from the South so that if the person looses the sit, there ll be war on the land and he ll be able to buy sometime for himlelf just like charles taylor did.

I just pray say we see no more war for naija oo cus this bastards dont care bout anyone
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by kafero(m): 9:53am On Jun 03, 2006
Ashiwaju sir, now, what is wrong with someone from the south becoming president again- especially someone from the South South? I think it is their right! If you ask me we are asking for war should we stop the South South from becoming president come 2007, especially now that 3RD Term is buried. Nothing against the North though. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by gr8t(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
Show me any president since 1960 in Nigeria that has made a better contribution to the image of the country.

Tell me any other person that has work like one with a job distrcption in the country and has worked himself out to at least lay a good foundation for anything.

Show me under what admistration in this country has a forum be set for debate in order to reach a determination on matter.
Show me a director that has turned around a company that has being ruined nearly forty years and has done that in 8 year.
If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do.
OBJ is not neccessary the righteous but if we are not blind and deaf; we should see that he has being a lead that has never giving his leadership to faces or fences.
Third term I think is not a joker but an intention to at least make sure that the little foundation layed are standing and that the position is not again givien to those who sky rocketed the economy, made the naira from N1 to $2 into $1 into $145. Lets think and stop attacking the personality and start embrasing good initiatives.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2006
gr8t:

Show me any president since 1960 in Nigeria that has made a better contribution to the image of the country.

Tell me any other person that has work like one with a job distrcption in the country and has worked himself out to at least lay a good foundation for anything.

Show me under what admistration in this country has a forum be set for debate in order to reach a determination on matter.
Show me a director that has turned around a company that has being ruined nearly forty years and has done that in 8 year.
If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do.
OBJ is not neccessary the righteous but if we are not blind and deaf; we should see that he has being a lead that has never giving his leadership to faces or fences.
Third term I think is not a joker but an intention to at least make sure that the little foundation layed are standing and that the position is not again givien to those who sky rocketed the economy, made the naira from N1 to $2 into $1 into $145. Lets think and stop attacking the personality and start embrasing good initiatives.

it is either you dont know about the history or you just prefer to ignore it, there is no point listing out the good and the bad since 1960, face what you have now, do you have good roads? pipe borne water, do you have Electricity or do you eat good food and the only person that has to think here is you!

I am definately not against South South, infact i ll be the 1st to support anyone from there (Not Odili or Igbinedo though, would prefer duke) but the way things are presently, South South is only an instrument to provoke the current Democracy in Nigeria, If a south South Candidate can come out from ACD or Parties with Great Hope, i bet they would win but coming out of the DEAD PDP whose funeral is yet to be announced then i am sorry its going to lead to something else.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by kafero(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2006
OBJ has done too well. Think about it, 1. Debt cancellation, 2. GSM revolution, 3 Over $ 20 billion in reserve, 4.Bank consolidation, 5. Job creation , 6. Cassava initiatives, 7.National Stadium,Abuja. , 8 NAFDAC 9 . , the list is endless. Whether we like it or not OBJ is the greatest President so far( I stand to be corrected). We don't appreciate what we have until we lose it. As per 2007 I think Peter Odili Will win. wink
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by stanech: 12:22am On Jun 05, 2006
kafero:

OBJ has done too well. Think about it, 1. Debt cancellation, 2. GSM revolution, 3 Over $ 20 billion in reserve, 4.Bank consolidation, 5. Job creation , 6. Cassava initiatives, 7.National Stadium,Abuja. , 8 NAFDAC 9 . , the list is endless. Whether we like it or not OBJ is the greatest President so far( I stand to be corrected). We don't appreciate what we have until we lose it. As per 2007 I think Peter Odili Will win. wink

I support u my broda
make we wait make we see wetin go happen because if Atikuity or IBB International bad belle enter there naigeria go go back to square one.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by gr8t(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2006
Thank you Ashiwaju! I think the major problem the majority has is sight and that is why I said if we are not blind and deaf.
I am not here promoting Obasanjo neither I'm I interested in the cursed PDP which I believe is the major source of the present dilema in the country.
But, you have choosen to overlook reality and you are concentrating on uncertainty. Had you answer my questions you would have listened to yourself and provide a better response.
I would yet give you an assignment!
Has any goverment in the past invested like the present goverment in ensuring there is un-interrupted electricity in this country?
Do you know how many billions that has gone into the project of the hydro,  since 2002. ?
Do you you know that the present goverment as also found gas cool for electricity and has invested money on the project?
Do you even know or believe that un interrupted power supply at our reach in this country?
Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge, you assume the goverment has done nothing because you espected it to be done within days.
There is a laying of foundation in this country and all we need is to forget about the personalities at the top.
In the next 20 years this country will still have major projects to embark on in order for all your concern to be dealt with.
We have in the past had people that are not even aware of what to do not to talk of doing them.
I will support any interntion by any leader to ensure that the foundation is well layed and that power is not again given to the people that took down the drain, the people that deceived us of paying our debt, saying they paid N333 333 3333 3333 333 not knowing that all they did pay of was N33 333 333 333 the rest of about 300 trillion into their personal account.
Be careful what you think of this transition period!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by kafero(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2006
@gr8t, I do agree with you absolutely.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by koolbabs06: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2011
IB
if you dont mind can we talk on yahoo mine is koolbabs06@yahoo.com will like you to assist me in some personal areas
Babs
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Alxmyr(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2012
Neveer a dull moment in 9ja politics

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? / President Buhari Congratulates China On 69th Anniversary / Tony Momoh: Obasanjo Created Chaos In Nigeria, Buhari Working To Restore Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.