Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> (13498 Views)

Poll: Do you support the idea of a third term?

Yes: 16% (21 votes)
No: 83% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Full Text Of Fashola's Short Term Agenda For Power, Work And Housing / Revisiting Bakare's Visit To Gej: The $50,000 Bribe And 7-year Term Agenda / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by ono(m): 8:53am On May 12, 2006
@Oriki, that's one comprehensive information I've always wanted to have handy. It's been kind of elusive, I just don't get it. Now, I can copy this one and save it somewhere. I just hope all those stats are correct.

Nice work.

@Danmasani, it's not very good to trust what outsiders say about what's going on inside your house. It smacks something like foolishness - you know.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2006
Who's OBY better than ??
Clinton ??
Mandela ??

why didn't they stay on ?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2006
Danmasani:

NO TO THIRD TERM ---simple. anyone supporting it simply has no sense of foresight and deserves a zoo!
Agreed you made your point, no name calling please, I resent that. We are all entitled to our opinion. And for God's sake when I said masses, I mean all those politicians has nothing to offer the masses, they are all the same OBJ inclusive, but it seems he is better amongst the lot, and he is there now, he is the one we can call our president. So if he still wants to stay put, let him, and since they are all the same, and none can offer a better things than what he is offering, let him die there, moreso when those who can as well do it like him would never be allowed to get there by those politician. You see, like you said, we all know how to think, it is just that the perspectives we look at things differ., and I insist that I have the right to be heard too.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2006
My Micro wave is better than that tu face Bastard (OBJ), i would rather trust my oven than to trust that man.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by SOJ(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2006
Wanto really make a difference?join nothirdterm_nigeria@yahoogroups.comsee ya! wink
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by folababa: 3:24pm On May 12, 2006
I think OBY should look at future third terms in nigeria, and not is so called "my GOD is not a God of abandoned project" agenda. Imagine someone like abacha ruling for three legal consecutive terms! Will Third term work on the long run? of what benefit is it really?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2006
this old baba of yours (i no say na anybody father oo) has stepped on too many toes and he's very scared of dying outside because as he exits Aso Rock next year, he won't die a natural death. his punishers and killers are sooooo waiting for him cos his body parts need to be shared around (ever seen what happens to a goat thrown into a den filled with lions?)

however, if he stubbornly insists on sitting on the throne (abi presidential seat), then the cry of the masses will take him out (although, his enemies might still strike).

in this 2-face (not idibia please) issue, death will still have its way cos even his wife is whispering sweet spiritual words (I LOVE YOU; COME TO ME; etc) in his 70+ year old ear. the innocent bellview souls are also calling him and not all calls can go into voicemail. this calls just have to be answered.

whoever's going to come in afterwards, we do not know for now. and bear in mind that your vote does NOT count in this country cos the politicians up there have got all the aces. playing the cards with them is just for the fun of it in order to fulfill all righteousness.

GOD is with us. however you pray for this country (good or bad), you'll get your result from the ALMIGHTY.

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by collynzo(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2006
If the people no want am, he noh go go?na by force.Then where is the difference between dictactorship and democracy? What has introduction of GSM got to do with good governance? Are Nigerians to eat GSM or pump GSM into their fuel tanks?I put it forward that the present fight agaisnt corruption is a POLITICAL tool of the present administration.Right now the senate president is being threatened because he is in no way trying to bend the rule of law to favour a particular bill.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2006
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by loma(m): 1:04am On May 13, 2006
If anything has been gained, however, in the last week, the third term
debates in the National Assembly have shown us the quality of men and
women in the legislature. Parliament is traditionally a place for the
display of reason and elocution. How on earth, did we vote for these
characters who lack debating skills, these men who can hardly express
themselves? A review of the quality of the debates so far is an open
embarrassment to the entire country, a sad comment on Nigeria's
education system which has produced these shallow-brained and miseducated
parliamentarians we have been watching on television. It
wasn't this bad in the First and Second Republics.

- Reuben Abati-The Guardian
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2006
loma:

How on earth, did we vote for these
themselves?

What do you expect from people with "Toronto" and "Chicago" certificates? undecided
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2006
If anything has been gained, however, in the last week, the third term
debates in the National Assembly have shown us the quality of men and
women in the legislature. Parliament is traditionally a place for the
display of reason and elocution. How on earth, did we vote for these
themselves? A review of the quality of the debates so far is an open
embarrassment to the entire country, a sad comment on Nigeria's
education system which has produced these shallow-brained and miseducated
parliamentarians we have been watching on television. It
wasn't this bad in the First and Second Republics.

Nobody voted for them.
They paid for every single vote.

Personally, I am not surprised.
I have been inside and I left when my genius couldn't tolerate the morons.
GIGO.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 12:56pm On May 13, 2006
Orikinla:

Nobody voted for them.
They paid for every single vote.

Personally, I am not surprised.
I have been inside and I left when my genius couldn't tolerate the morons.
GIGO.
Oh yeah, orikinla seems to be singing my songs now. Enough of those politicians taking us for a ride. Dont you people see that OBJ is a real thorn in their flesh? It is like he is an headache to them all. Let us allow him to continue to deal with them by allowing him to continue in the office. By then he would have cleanse them all by handing over to those who can take nigerian forward and have interest of nigerians in mind.
See what I am talking about, what has third term got to do with 200 that perishes in the Pipeline explosion in Lagos. See the headline of Daily Sun newspaper. Na wah o. read more at http://twinstaiye..com/

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2006
All the kleptocrats in power should go.

In a conference of crooks and rogues and you are the chairman, then how can you say you are not the chairman of the crooks and rogues.

OBJ is the Chairman.

I dare OBJ to dare IBB on the source of the billions of naira in his accounts and investments.

OBJ is afraid of those who know his own secrets.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2006
@ twinstaiye

For One thousand and one reasons, the explosion has everything to do with third term. OBJ has left all his responsiblities, he is busy fueling third term. he is a theif! A big one, Tu Face bastard and a slowpoke. if things has been well placed, i bet those explosion wouldnt have happened! if those people werent hungry they wont rush after pipe breaks, if the pipes were well secured, they would know when their is an attempt to vandalise pipes.

Many of this theifs looting our money dont even know where the crude comes from, they have not been physically present during the mining and they really know nothing about all its process. they only read and see pictures.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2006
Be very objective Ashiwaju in your anti third term crusade. No doubt, you and I know the explosion has nothing to do with third term. The incidence is a serious one, and i think it is not good for anyone to make a trivial out of it by the above headline from Daily Sun Newspaper, it is too way out of it. Despite the good work of any government there is bound to be certain citizen who will still try to be smart, and i want to believe such is the scenarios of pipeline explosion. It does no reference to 3rd term, plain and simple.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by lawole: 1:52pm On May 15, 2006
Obj should just cut his loses now and move on. Besause if he does not things are bound to get worse. I understand that OBJ was in Kampala yesterday. I guess he went to seek Museveni advise on how to pull the TTA thru since he Museveni have already pull his own thru. What a shame ! ! !
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by nobledanie(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2006
OBJ is just a fruitless tree. what he couldn't achieve in 8 year how possible will he in the next 4 years. He's an authocrat and he should not be allowed. Gbenga Daniels a governor was able to achieve a lot 90days in office then what are we talking about? GSM that he's been awarded to him he was not the one that started the project.Its was started by Late Gen. Abacha and Abacha was trying to peg it at the lowest terrif ever b'4 he died. The lot of money that was collected for licenses where is the money? the renewal too where is the money. This man is just a bundle of stupidity. I regret to know him as the president.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by larger20(m): 4:44pm On May 15, 2006
Just if you are wondering about the transparency of democracy in nigeria. Please write your senators by following the link below. Also if you have any complain about your area, erosion, theifs, no employment etc.  This is the guys to talk to. They represent you in the senate. Let your voice heard today. Unfortunatley, they don't advertise themselves well to the public due to too much e-mails, letters, mouth to mouth complains from people. however few who throughly seek will get reply. By the time they get 100s e-mails complaning on the same thing, they will think twise. Their respective profiles can be seen from the link Below

http://www.nassnig.org/House/RepMembers.htm
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Larufa(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2006
OBJ Goes On His Knees Again: •Begs For 2 More Years

Following the inability of his supporters in the National Assembly to secure the needed two-third necessary to pass the third term bill, President Olusegun Obasanjo is literally on his knees, begging the opposition to allow him spend two more years to complete his programmes. But the latter is adamant.

Investigations conducted by P.M.News this morning on the president’s fresh game plan, following the defeat of the third term bill in the Senate, revealed that the nation’s number one man had dispatched some of his aides to go round the country to beg emirs, obas, elders and top politicians, to prevail on members of the National Assembly to grant him two more years for him to conclude some of his reform programmes.

The two key persons Aso Rock is using to plead for more years are the Housing Minister, Segun Mimiko and Special Adviser to the President on political matters, Julius Ihonvbere. Others are Mr. Akin Osuntokun, the MD of News Agency of Nigeria and curiously, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, who was recently let out of jail on bail. Those being contacted are Chief Anthony Enahoro, the Afenifere chiefs and Yoruba obas. Owing to Aso Rock’s new game plan, the debate on tenure extension is likely to be put on hold this week, while a new clause that will canvass for a six-year tenure for the president and state governors will be included in the bill before the National Assembly.

Under this arrangement, there will be no elections next year and incumbent elected officials will remain in office till year 2009. From all indications, nobody is sure if the new arrangement will carry the day, given the fact that opposition against tenure elongation has been mounting since last week. The opposition are resolute in their determination to put the final nail on the coffin of the third term agenda. They have vowed not to compromise their position if President Obasanjo failed to renounce the agenda. A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula, told P.M.News this morning that the lawmakers at the National Assembly were determined to see to the logical conclusion of the bill.

He rejected the fresh move by proponents of third term to grant Obasanjo two more years to stay in office, saying the President cannot be trusted to keep an agreement. Speaking in the same vein, the Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organisation, Alhaji Sule Hama, said the opposition would not allow any soft landing for the president. He suggested three options for the president to save his bruised face in this political debacle. According to him, the president should make a national broadcast that he was not interested in a third term and reshuffle his cabinet and bring in professionals to conduct a free and fair elections in 2007.

The two more years overtime is said to have been rebuffed by the Atiku camp. Our sources said the Atiku boys were resolute in their opposition to it. “It is unconstitutional. We are not part of it and we shall not be part of it,” an aide said this morning. “The President always comes round to beg whenever he is down, only to go after those who assisted him after he has recovered,” he added. “He cannot deceive us this time around. We won’t fall for his trick,” he said.

The president is going on his knees again after he did so in 2003 when he was seeking to be re-elected for a second term. He was said to have begged Atiku, Governor Orji Uzor Kalu and other governors for about four days when it became clear that the governors wanted Atiku to vie for the presidency that year. It was further gathered that it was as a result of this that Obasanjo has vowed that since he begged them for four days in 2003, Atiku, Kalu and others will also beg him for four years before they too could actualise their own dream of ruling this country.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=7343
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2006
onanugaola:

Following the inability of his supporters in the National Assembly to secure the needed two-third necessary to pass the third term bill, President Olusegun Obasanjo is literally on his knees, begging the opposition to allow him spend two more years to complete his programmes. But the latter is adamant.

This man has already pulled a load of bull-crap on us in 1979, and he wants to continue after another 8 yrs. Abeg we no want "extra-time".
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On May 15, 2006
Who saw the documentary on the Third Term Debate that was shown on the Africa Independent Television (AIT) yesterday?

Now read the rest of the story:
"The investigation poses enormous challenges and the commission can only make reasonable progress if provided with sufficient information and evidence by members of the public," the agency said.

SECRET POLICE RAID

The probe came after presidency officials raided the offices of a privately owned television network on Sunday and seized the master copy of a documentary on Nigeria's history of dictators who have tried and failed to prolong their rules.

It showed footage of the leaders of Obasanjo's third term campaign, including ruling party grandees Tony Anenih and Ojo Maduekwe, arguing for the elongation of the corrupt military dictatorship of Sani Abacha.

"They said the documentary was offensive and abusive of Mr President and those involved in government and said we should discontinue it immediately," African Independent Television Chairman Raymond Dokpesi told Reuters.

Dokpesi sat on a chair outside his Abuja office on Monday, explaining to journalists that he had received a bomb threat and wanted to see who was approaching.

Obasanjo, a former military ruler, returned to power in 1999 elections that restored democracy to Africa's most populous nation after three decades of almost uninterrupted dictatorship.

Elections next year should mark the first time in Nigerian history that a civilian president hands over to another through elections, but the third term campaign has jeopardized that.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-05-15T162827Z_01_L15770184_RTRUKOC_0_US-NIGERIA-CONSTITUTION.xml&pageNumber=1&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage3
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by jaybee(f): 7:54pm On May 15, 2006
Dear All,

Courtesy of our colleagues at CISLAC we now have the telephone numbers of the
Senators.

Kindly send them text pleading with them against passing ANY THIRD TERM AGENDA.
You can also call them, to discuss with them.

They are to be addressed as Distinguished Senators please.

God is on our side. Evil will NEVER Prevail in Nigeria of our time.

I bring this to you because of my belief in the maxim that "THE HOTTEST SPOT IN HELL IS RESERVED FOR THOSE MEN OF GOODWILL WHO KEPT QUITE IN TIMES OF MORAL CRISIS"

Name of Senator & State
    Constituency/Party
    Mobile No.

Abuja FCT

Senator Isa Maina
    FCT (PDP)

Abia state

Senator Chris Adighije
    Abia Central (PDP)

Senator Uche Chukwumerije
    Abia North (PDP)

Adamawa state

Senator Jibril Aminu
    Adamawa Central (PDP

Senator Jonathan Zwingina
  (Deputy Leader)
    Adamawa South (PDP)
  (09-2340184)

Akwa Ibom State

Senator Udoma Udo Udoma
    PDP

Senator Ittak Bob Ekarika
    PDP

Anambra state

Senator Joy Emordi
    Anambra North (PDP)

Senator Ikechukwu Abanah
    Anambra Central (PDP)

Senator Ugochukwu Uba
    Anambra South (PDP)

Bauchi state

Senator Bala Adamu
    Bauchi Central (PDP)

Senator Abubakar Maikafi
    Bauchi South (PDP)

Senator Baba Tela
    Bauchi North (PDP)

Bayelsa state

Senator Rufus I. Spiff
    Bayelsa East (PDP)

Senator David Cob Brigidi
    Bayelsa Central (PDP)

Senator J. K. Binabrambaifa
    Bayelsa West (PDP)

Benue state

Senator Daniel I. Saror
  (Deputy Minority Leader)
    Benue North East (ANPP)

Senator Joshua Adagba
    Benue North West (PDP)

Senator David A. B. Mark
    Benue South (PDP)

Borno state

Senator Mohammed Daggash
    Borno North (PDP)
      Senator Umar A. Hambagda
    Borno South (ANPP)
      Senator Mohammed A. Aji
    Borno Central (ANPP)
      Cross Rivers state

Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba
    Cross Rivers Central (PDP)

Senator Gregory J. Ngaji
    Cross Rivers North (PDP)

Senator Bassey Ewa-Henshaw
    Cross Rivers South (PDP)

Delta state

Senator Felix. O. Ibru
    Delta Central (PDP)

Senator Patrick E. Osakwe
    Delta North (PDP)

Senator James Ebiowou Manager
    Delta South (PDP)

Ebonyi state

Senator Nshi Christopher Ucha
    Ebonyi North (PDP)

Senator Azu Emmanuel
    Ebonyi South (PDP)

Edo state

Senator Oserheimen Osunbor
    Edo Central (PDP)

Senator Victor K. Oyofo
    Edo North (PDP)

Senator Daisy Danjuma
    Edo South (PDP)

Ekiti state

Senator Clement K. Awoyelu
  (Deputy Chief Whip)
    Ekiti Central (PDP)

Senator James O. Kolawole
    Ekiti North (AD)

Senator Bode Olowoporoku
    Ekiti South (PDP)

Enugu state

Senator Ikennam Ekweremadu
    Enugu West (PDP)
  0804610 0501

Gombe state

Senator Sa’ad Abubakar Mohammed
    Gombe Central (PDP)

Senator Haruna Garba
    Gombe North (ANPP)

Senator Tawar Umbi Wada
    Gombe South (PDP)

Imo state

Senator Ifeanyi G. Ararume
    Imo North (PDP)

Jigawa state

Senator Bello M. Yusuf
    Jigawa Southwest (ANPP)

Senator Mohammed Ibrahim
    Jigawa North East (ANPP)

Senator Dalha Ahmed Dan-Zomo
    Jigawa North West (ANPP)

Kaduna state

Senator Mukhtar A.M. Aruwa
    Kaduna Central (ANPP)

Senator Isaiah C. Balat
    Kaduna South  (PDP)

Senator Dalhatus S. Tafida
  (Senate Leader)
    Kaduna North  (PDP)

Kano state

Senator Bello Hayatu Gwarzo
    Kano North (PDP)

Senator Rufai Sani Hanga
    Kano Central (ANPP)

Senator Usman K. Umar
    Kano South (ANPP)

Katsina state

Senator Umaru Ibrahim Tsauri
  (Chair, Rules & Bus. Comm)
    Katsina Central (PDP)

Senator Ibrahim Abubello
    Katsina South   (ANPP)

Senator Mahmud Bello Kanti
    Katsina North   (ANPP)

Kebbi state

Senator Sani A. Kamba
    Kebbi North (ANPP)

Senator Sami Usman Sani
    Kebbi South (ANPP)

Senator Bunza Farouk Bello
    Kebbi Central (ANPP)

Kogi state

Senator Tunde Ogbeha
    Kogi West (PDP)

Senator Mohammed S. Ohiare
    Kogi Central (PDP)

Senator Nichola Ugbane
    Kogi East (ANPP)

Kwara state

Senator Suleman M. Ajadi
    Kwara South (ANPP)

Senator Ahmed Inuwa
    Kwara North (PDP)

Senator Gbemisola R. Saraki-Fowora
    Kwara Central  (PDP)

Lagos state

Senator Obanikoro Mohammed O.
    Lagos Central (AD)

Senator Afikuyomi Tokunbo
    Lagos West (AD)

Senator Mamora Adeleke Olorunnimbe
    Lagos East (AD)

Nasarawa state

Senator Sodangi Abubakar Danso
    Nasarawa West (PDP)

Senator Okpede Emmanuel O.
    Nasarawa South (PDP)

Senator Dandoyi
    Nasarawa North (PDP)

Niger state

Senator Mohammed Isa
    Niger South (PDP)

Senator Kuta Idris
    Niger East (PDP)

Senator Aliyu Nuhu
    Niger North (PDP)

Ogun state

Senator Amosun Ibikunle Oyelaja
    Ogun Central (PDP)

Senator Ogunbanjo Olushola O.
    Ogun East (PDP)

Senator Anisulowo Iyabode A.
    Ogun West (PDP)

Osun state

Senator Ogunwale Kola Felix
    Osun Central (AD)

Senator Olasunkanmi Akinlabi
    Osun West (PDP)

Oyo state

Senator Koleosho Robert Bonuola
    Oyo North (PDP)

Senator Folarin Teslim Kolawole
    Oyo Central (PDP)

Senator Ajimobi Abiola A.
    Oyo South (PDP)

Plateau state

Senator Adudu Timothy A.
    Plateau North (ANPP)

Senator Mantu Nasiru I.
    Plateau Central (PDP)

Senator Niagwan Cosmas
    Plateau South (PDP)

Rivers state

Senator Maeba Lee Ledogo
    Rivers South East (PDP)

Senator Martyns-Yellow E
    Rivers West (PDP)

Senator Ibiapuyeazuta-Mbata John
    Rivers East (PDP)
    08034070314 08022236721

Sokoto state

Senator Maccido Badamasi M.
    Sokoto North (ANPP)

Senator Yari Sule Gandi
    Sokoto East (ANPP)

Senator Dahiru Umaru
    Sokoto South (ANPP)

Taraba state

Senator Ibrahim Abdulazeez A.
    Taraba Central (PDP)

Senator Ambuno Zik Sundayd
    Taraba North (PDP)

Yobe state

Senator Shehu Usman Albishir
   Yobe North (ANPP)

Senator Mamman B. Ali
    Yobe South (ANPP)

Senator Usman Adamu Usman
    Yobe East (ANPP)

Zamfara state

Senator Lawal Shuaibu Dansadau
    Zamfara North (ANPP)

Senator Yushau Mohammed Anka
    Zamfara West (ANPP)

The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) is non-governmental,
non-profit legislative advocacy, lobbying, information sharing and research
organization. It arises from the felt need to address defects in the
legislative advocacy work of civil society and open the window through which
legislators can also access civil society groups.  It aims to strengthen the
work of Civil Society on Legislative Advocacy and bridge the gap between
legislators and the Civil Society.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2006
twinstaiye:

Be very objective Ashiwaju in your anti third term crusade. No doubt, you and I know the explosion has nothing to do with third term. The incidence is a serious one, and i think it is not good for anyone to make a trivial out of it by the above headline from Daily Sun Newspaper, it is too way out of it. Despite the good work of any government there is bound to be certain citizen who will still try to be smart, and i want to believe such is the scenarios of pipeline explosion. It does no reference to 3rd term, plain and simple.

I am very very objective. gentle man, if you are so hungry and you are depressed, you are oppressed, your hope is stolen, your generation is cheated and you become so frostrated tell me, if you see a million dollar bag (Pipe break) to save your life wouldnt you take it?

We all know that when you are financially OK! or satisfied, you wont rush at pipe burst and if obj was so serious about the welfare of the people, that scene wont keep repeating itself. it has happened 1 million times in Nigeria and i wnt be suprised if it happened tommorow again because my presi is busy, busy fueling third term. Now its AIT, let see, they have already started negotiating how much they will sell us per head in Nigeria. Thanks to your presi and his campaigners and that goes to twintaye too.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 12:41pm On May 16, 2006
Does it mean you yourself can rush to the pipe to fetch fuel?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 12:59pm On May 16, 2006
I am missing Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

Abami Eda would have been trumpeting his abuses in comdemnation of the prevailing political evils through his Afro Beat. But since Fela died, the evil politicians have been trampling on the poor masses and nobody is as bold as Fela to challenge them. Gani Fawehinmi seems to be tired and Femi Kuti has not got the guts of his father in political psychological warfare.

Gani and other activists are not doing enough!

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2006
twinstaiye:

Does it mean you yourself can rush to the pipe to fetch fuel?

The Answer is No, i wont rush to the pipe to fetch fuel bcus i am made already! but if i wasnt made, i bet i would remove the whole pipe line pata pata and rechanel it straight to my compound and that way if the country's getting their's, i ll be getting mine.

To my Fellow Anti TTA, it has finally happened, the time i have been waiting for, The Amendment has failed, it wont pass thru second reading and it now means people like Twintaye and his colleques would have to hide in their evil shell. Y'll nee to see Mantu's face.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by loma(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2006
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by lawole: 4:17pm On May 16, 2006
@twinstaiye , @ Akolawole yours other co travellers on TTA

NEWS FLASH ! ! ! .

Third term Agenda is dead and it got buried this afternoon in the Senate. Congratulation to all honest and loyal NIGERIANS. Hip ! Hip !! Hip ! ! ! Hurray
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by buck: 5:00pm On May 16, 2006
Can any one beat this.[/color]

No third term for Nigerian leader [color=#990000]

Mr Obasanjo's second term in office ends next year
Nigeria's Senate has thrown out a move to allow President Olusegun Obasanjo to seek a third term in office next year - an issue which has divided the country.
Opponents shouted for joy as the bill to amend the constitution was rejected.

Supporters of the third term bid spent days in talks trying to acquire a two-thirds majority in parliament.

The BBC's Alex Last says after this devastating blow in the Senate, it appears that Nigeria will be choosing a new president in elections next year.

After a debate, shown live on national television, and a unanimous vote, the senate president said the body would discontinue further proceedings on the bill.

President Olusegun Obasanjo has never said publicly that he would like to remain in office after his current term expires next year.

New move

However, those who had been seeking a third term are pushing to end the current system of two four-year terms for presidents and state governors and see them instead serve one six-year term.

Vice-President Atiku Abubakar would like to stand for president

But for another bill on amending the constitution to be even discussed before elections due early next year, a two-thirds majority would be needed in both houses of parliament and in the state assemblies, which analysts say is unlikely.

"Since it is dead in the Senate, what the House of Representatives is doing now, or would be doing, is an academic exercise," said Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba.

On Monday, Nigeria's anti-corruption agency announced it was investigating claims that MPs have been offered bribes to back moves to let the president seek re-election.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it was following up claims that MPs had been offered up to 50m naira ($390,000; £206,000).

Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who wants the top job, had declared himself against the constitutional amendment.

He has helped Mr Obasanjo win two elections and has held the position of vice-president since 1999.

Some opponents of the constitutional change argue that the presidency needs to rotate among people from different regions and ethnic groups.

A prominent financial supporter of President Obasanjo's election campaigns and another former military ruler, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, is tipped as another strong possible candidate.

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Jalal(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2006
Well lets hope so OBJ and co can do anything o!!!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by easyman(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2006
Hey do you really thing baba will give up on his hell bent quest for a third term in Aso rock, then i believe there is more coming. As you all can see the man is really hungry and eager to remain in aso rock come rain or come shine.
but let me tell Sege something he is a loser in this race. as the great use to say "A wise actor get off the stage when the ovation is on the higest." but although, in baba's case there is no ovation to start with before it is at its highest.

Robert Green the great Write wrote in his 48 laws of power say "In victory know when to stop, never go past your mark." baba has won firstly, not been Killed by Abacha, secondly he came to rule the nation in 1999, not to mention he ruled as a military, the he ruled again in 2003 despite all the oposition he got from the countries masses and outside the country.

However, he should resign and dont be afriad of what will happen to him if he leaves aso rock the wrath of God can meet him any where even if he will mange to escape the wrath of the masses that are almost toothless due to the fact that all their senators have sold them out to the favour of the imidiate family's comfort.

God is the best nowing he will pay Nigeria's with the best of reward. well, Baba Sege is Old, Ugly, tired, fustrated, afriad, Shaky, and almost wasted, i advice him honestly to resign and go back to his farm and relax his weak muscle and maybe die in peace if God so wishes. we dnt hate him but we cant say we like him talk less of want him again, but i personally do. I hope you understand my position i am not PRO-THIRD TERM. you can even see that the name is not worth it so Old Baba Sege embarassed please go and rest so that you dont Bleep up. My advice to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pertinent Questions From Femi Fani Kayode To GEJ / INEC Worked Against APC, The Bias Is Clear - Oshiomhole / Senate To Fast-Track Passage Of New Minimum Wage Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.