Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> (13501 Views)

Poll: Do you support the idea of a third term?

Yes: 16% (21 votes)
No: 83% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Full Text Of Fashola's Short Term Agenda For Power, Work And Housing / Revisiting Bakare's Visit To Gej: The $50,000 Bribe And 7-year Term Agenda / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 8:13am On May 05, 2006
it's not just about the vote, we are talking corruption.

i'm yet to see anyone who admmited voting for OBY both in 1999 and 2003.
so how did he get there ?
nigerians are not that stupid, if at all they are.
i'm sure loads of us will vote for Pat but, what's gonna happen to the polls ?
the greed is still there. the best thing is to leave OBY in a position where he won't be able to contest again.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2006
Each time I read or heard all this anti third term hues and cries about what alledged third term ambition of President Obasanjo will have on the nation, I always pause to ponder if indeed all the hues and cries are for the masses other than the selfish interest of those criers. All the shouts by Abia State Governor attacking the President on his alleged third term ambition, was it because he love the masses that much or because he wanted to contest the presidency? All the recent outburst of Vice President, was it because he wanted to take Nigeria to a higher height or was it because of his selfish interest -i.e to be the president. What about all those supporting the third term, was it because they really wanted Baba to continue his seeming good works or because they stand to retain their position or that of those closed to them? To me this are the scenarios Naijas should take a look at, when we are arguing about this third term agenda. I said it before, and I stood by it that, those Politicians had nothing to offer us the masses, Nigerians are known to always be on the side of whatever will profit them, either of the two sides have their selfish reasons for supporting either side.
Read more at http://twinstaiye..com/2006_04_01_twinstaiye_archive.html
and http://twinstaiye..com/2006_03_01_twinstaiye_archive.html
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by larger20(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2006
this vote clearly represents the view of the masses, but unfortunatley after OBj succeced with his plan in amendment. Your vote will not count. The election will be rigged again!

See this >>>http://www.nigeriaworld.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3153
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by elderd76: 6:38pm On May 05, 2006
third term is evil. wat obj can not do 4 8 7 years i wonder how he is going to do them 4 1 year?let him start preparing his handing over note. is good work enough reason to amend the constitution?wat is the work of this gov.?please let him go, we need new faces.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by naijarikan(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2006
I just pray and hope that 9ja does not make a U-turn from democracy to anarchy come 2007.  The so called "3rd term agenda" is a scheme that had been presented to Nigerians thinking that we are mengistus (mumus).  I would have supported a longer term in office for  president as long as it would take effect starting from the newly elected president.  Now that Obj knows people are against it he attached another amendment giving governors longer terms knowing that probably 2/3 of govs would support it.  As the saying goes, 'do your best and leave the rest', Mr President, pack up and go in 2007 so people may thank you for your achievements.

I remember years back during Bill Clintons admin, he proposed an increase in the salary of the president of the United States from $200,000 to $400,000/year.  He, however, stipulated in this proposal that the increase take effect from the next president.  This bill was widely supported by both houses of congress and was passed.   Now George Bush and future presidents will be enjoying this gesture.  Paving the way is a phrase that is missing in our leaders' vocabulary.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2006
I have made Anti-Third Term Logos on http://nigeriantimes..com/ and you can use them.

President Olusegun Obasanjo has failed twice and cannot be allowed to repeat.

NO TO THIRD TERM!

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by larger20(m): 2:10am On May 08, 2006
Orikinla, u r one funny man, I am dead laughing, did u hear that all pro third term senators are recieving 50million Naira each, ? Honestly there is invicible war going on in nigeria now. It only becomes visible when people die and it will happen as i see things. Uwazurike was dragged to court naked today. What a shame to the Igbos and the nation as a whole to condone such a degradation to a nigerian citizen, these are just signs, a gate way to the visible war nigeria is currently hachting, May God help us, I really plan to come bacj to nigeria but based on these happenstance, I feel nigeria is really not a safe havean i taught it to be
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2006
No third term for that man and dont forget that he married for beta for worse and now wey hin wife dey wait for am, hell dey wait for am too. he is only tempting god by asking for too much you know
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 12:20pm On May 08, 2006
Larger_20,
Uwazuruike of MASSOB asked for it.

Biafra was a nightmare and most Ibos don't want to be haunted by the demons of Biafra. All the sponsors of MASSOB led Uwazuruike astray and left him in limbo.
Where are they now?

I am in Nigeria in the Niger Delta. And I am cool. Romantic in war and in peace.
I am not a coward.

Asari Dokubo is in detention too and I have warned him earlier to read Sun Tzu's "Art of War", but he thought he was wiser.

I am from Abia and my inlaws are from Buguma and Ikot Amba. And I am in the Niger Delta to defend my sisters and their children. Because, we are one family.
I am also involved.
I am armed with the Holy Bible and the "Art of War".
God has given me the biggest stick. But, God has not given me the command to strike.
I wait on the Word of God.
If my native brother Uwazuruike and inlaw Asari listened to the Word of God, they would be safer and wiser as I am.
The Word rules the world.

The Word of God is enough for the wise.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by toyex: 4:32pm On May 08, 2006
Third term ? haba.
Allow a more intelligent person to assume office Baba.
I think our major problem is that the political establishment will never allow somebody who is highly educated and cerebral to be president. You know, they will not be able tofool him.
As for Igbo President ,let other Nigerians trust you and it will come to pass.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 5:02pm On May 08, 2006
YEs oh no third term, even though that man is so sturbborn and i wish he could read all this you know. Obasanjo wants to be the mugabe of our country ni and he is only kidding, because abacha had tried it and you know what happened to him now
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DaHitler(m): 6:51pm On May 08, 2006
For all those Nigerians still in the country, please, for you sake, support the third term agenda. Obasonja has put in place terrific reforms that has Nigeria on the course of making the country great. However, you must realize that it is impossible for the Government or any other government to provide enough jobs for its people.

I assure you Nigerians, that if the state can go for 5 years or more with out any violent riots, you will have so many foreign companies fighting each other to open factories and offices in Nigeria that would create more jobs that you know what do with. But no one is going to open factories in Nigeria if Northern Nigeria is busy implementing Sharia law, or if the Niger Delta people are blowing up cars in the country. Nigerians have to make a valiant effort to make the state attractive to foreign investment. I know it is hard to remain calm when you are with out a job, or when you have a bad job, but your patience will pay off.

Any Nigerian Presidential hopeful that tells you he is going to make everything alright in Nigeria is lieing. All the government can do is clean up the countries international image (basically what OBJ is doing) and hope that the people don't do stupid things (Cartoon riots and car bombing) that would drive away potential companies that are interested in providing jobs for the country.

Lets take for instance China. Everyone here knows that Chinas economy is growing at a very fast pace, but the reason for that growth is because American companies like Nike, Ford, Walmart e.t.c are opening up factories in China because the country is stable and has cheap labor.

The current state of Nigeria is unstable, but the labor is a lot cheaper than it is in China. All we have to do now is stop our Hausa and Fulani "brothers", and the thugs in the Niger Delta from humiliating the entire nation. I know it is hard, but try and reason with these people so they do not hurt the image of our country.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, if the Yorubas or the Igbos were not part of Nigeria, there economy would be a lot stronger than the current Nigerian economy. There are a few groups of degenerate that are holding back Nigeria as a whole due to selfish reasons (Looking at you, Hausa/Fulanis and MEND). It is about time that we, the citizens of Nigeria, let these people understand that we will not let them ruin the image of our state any longer. If it means dividing Nigeria into 3 independent nations, then so be it.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 6:57pm On May 08, 2006
Afeni:

For all those Nigerians still in the country, please, for you sake, support the third term agenda. Obasonja has put in place terrific reforms that has Nigeria on the course of making the country great. However, you must realize that it is impossible for the Government or any other government to provide enough jobs for its people.

Any Nigerian Presidential hopeful that tells you he is going to make everything alright in Nigeria is lieing. All the government can do is clean up the countries international image (basically what OBJ is doing)
Does OBJ have to continue in power for that to happen? What makes him better than the other hopefuls?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DaHitler(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2006
Considering that the other hopefuls are retired Generals with plenty of stolen loot, he is definately better. If IBB or any other northern General goes into power, I will personally make sure those bastards are driven from power, even if it means my death.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2006
Afeni:

Considering that the other hopefuls are retired Generals with plenty of stolen loot, he is definately better.

And what exactly is OBJ? Since when did he become a saint? What happened during Operation Feed the Nation and the stolen election handed to Shagari in 79. Or is the quantity of loot stolen your criteria for saying he is better?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DaHitler(m): 7:18pm On May 08, 2006
OBJ is a reliable person. He might not be able to make changes as fast you people would like, but keep in mind that the state of Nigeria when he too power was completely run down. At least things are getting better now, and once we get our Hausa and Fulani members of the state to stop making us look bad by going on stupid riots over the cartoons about the fucking God of the arabs, things would improve at a lot faster rate.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 7:25pm On May 08, 2006
Afeni:

OBJ is a reliable person. He might not be able to make changes as fast you people would like, but keep in mind that the state of Nigeria when he too power was completely run down.

What makes him more reliable than the folks trying to replace him? His history does not confirm your assertion. It is arguable that Nigeria started its decent into the abyss with his administration. I still remember when Nigerians were all for giving IBB multiple opportunities to put things right, believing he was reliable.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DaHitler(m): 7:30pm On May 08, 2006
Mochafella, OBJ is a president under a federalist system of government. He is not an all powerful military dictator.

However, I have my American citizenship so go ahead. Go ahead and drive out the best leader Nigeria has had in over 20 years. Afterall, if things dont work for the people in Nigeria whining about a third term, you will be the ones to suffer for it.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 7:34pm On May 08, 2006
Anyone supporting President Olusegun Obasanjo for Third Term SHOULD SEE THE SHRINK. shocked

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2006
Afeni:

OBJ is a president under a federalist system of government. He is not an all powerful military dictator.
That doesn't make him more reliable. The questions above all remain unanswered.

Afeni:

However, I have my American citizenship so go ahead. Go ahead and drive out the best leader Nigeria has had in over 20 years.
Then you should know something about the rule of law and respecting the constitution. The fact that you are the "best leader in 20 years" doesn't mean you should not give up power. Until Nigerian politicos realise that they cannot change the rules as they wish we won't get anywhere.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DaHitler(m): 7:46pm On May 08, 2006
Maybe you should spend more time complaining about the Northen states that are making a fool of us all by implementing Arabian babaric law. They are ruining the image of the State. OBJ should give all Norther States 2 weeks to remove Sharia, and if they don't, they should be kicked from the Union. That way we wont have to worry about murderous thieves like IBB and co running for office.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 7:53pm On May 08, 2006
That Dude saying Obasanjo is the best leader Nigeria has ever had in the last 20 years is ignorant of the true realities in Nigerian politics.

I am involved from the Niger Delta to Lagos to Abuja.

A thief is a thief.
Whether you stole one naira or one billion naira.
The Owu Chief is a thief.

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by mochafella(m): 7:55pm On May 08, 2006
Afeni:

They are ruining the image of the State. OBJ should give all Norther States 2 weeks to remove Sharia, and if they don't, they should be kicked from the Union. That way we wont have to worry about murderous thieves like IBB and co running for office.

Well there you go. That's probably a more viable reason to change the constitution, but trust a politician to chase his own interest first. And that still doesn't mean he should get a 3rd term. As far as I'm concerned all previous presidents should not be allowed to hold that office again. Defending one obviously flawed politician over another is a very slippery slope.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 8:07pm On May 08, 2006
The politicians in Nigeria don't deserve this intellectual discourse.
Please, let us discuss the search for new leaders for a New Nigeria.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by loma(m): 6:09am On May 09, 2006
Exclusive: Why I Want Third Term
Simon Kolawole Live, 05.08.2006

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment
Wonders shall never end. After overloading my helpless tummy with several balls of pounded yam, I slumped into my couch, picking my teeth and belching carelessly. Predictably, I fell asleep and began to snore. Then, the president appeared to me in my dream and said: “Son, ask for anything and I will do it for you.” I quickly asked for an interview and he obliged, surprisingly answering all the questions with candour. Before I woke up, we had discussed virtually all the questions that had been bothering me. Excerpts:
Simon Kolawole Live!: Your Excellency, it’s nice to have you talk to me unscheduled. I thought you hate journalists…
His Excellency: …and dogs, don’t forget. I hate journalists and dogs.
SKL: Are you really interested in third term?
HE: My son… can I call you my son?
SKL: I’m flattered sir. I’m not worthy to be called your son.
HE: I will call you my son.
SKL: If you insist…
HE: You see, this government has achieved a lot. Everybody now has GSM. I can see that you alone have two handsets with you. Before I came, did you even have a NITEL line at home? You journalists have to be fair to me.
SKL: So you need another term so that you can auction more GSM licences?
HE: I got debt relief and you people did not even acknowledge it. You guys are so unfair. One upstart called Salmon Kola… whatever he called himself… wrote a silly article criticising the deal. That is why I don’t like journalists.
SKL: So you need another term so that you can secure another debt relief?
HE: On the international stage, Nigeria is now more respected. During the time of Abacha, Nigeria was a pariah state. Things are getting better now. You can see the role I have been playing in Liberia, Sudan, Togo, all over Africa.
SKL: So you need another term so that you can resolve the crisis in Iraq?
HE: We have done banking consolidation. Now we have 25 solid banks. They are so solid they can never be distressed again. All small scale industries can now apply for loan and get it in two hours. Lending rates are quite inviting.
SKL: So you need another term so that you can do another round of banking consolidation?
HE: Our external reserves are now $33 billion…
SKL: And if you leave next year, your successor will steal the reserves. That’s why they want to hurry you out of power…
HE (grins): God bless you my son. Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you.
SKL: If you get another term, our reserves will be around $1 trillion by 2011. Because your successor may steal it, won’t patriotism tempt you to amend the constitution again to stay back and protect the reserves?
HE: We’ll cross the bridge when we get there.
SKL: Let’s say you amend the constitution again in 2011 and stay till 2015, the reserves may hit $2 trillion by then. You may have to sit tight until 2019 because your successor may steal it. You’re the only honest Nigerian. Every other Nigerian is a thief. Even when you die, your ghost must continue to rule us so that nobody will steal our external reserves. Your hands are very, very, very clean.
HE: To God be the glory.
SKL: Hallelujah!
HE: Are you a Christian, my son?
SKL: You’re the only Christian in Nigeria sir. I’m not worthy to share your glory.
HE: My son, don’t be cynical. I mean well for Nigeria. Why I want a third term, that’s if I want it at all, is to be able to groom a successor. There is no successor in waiting.
SKL: If you could not groom a successor in eight years (1999-2007), what magic will make you groom one in four years (2007-2011)?
HE: My focus was reform programme. Next is succession programme.
SKL: What exactly will be the contents of the successor-grooming programme?
HE: I will teach my successor-trainee the theories of Economics, Politics and Finance. No other Nigerian knows these, except me. I’m a rare blessing to this country.
SKL: You almost forgot to mention continuity and consolidation as one of your excuses. What exact part of your reform programme is your successor going to reverse? What remains of your reform programme that cannot be implemented before May 29, 2007? What companies remain to be privatised and what sector needs to be reformed that cannot be done by May next year?
HE: Can you come again, my son?
SKL: On page iii of NEEDS, you stated: “Over the next few years (2003-07), NEEDS will consolidate the achievements of the previous four years and lay a solid foundation…” All the talk about “consolidation” is based on the period between 2003 and 2007, not 2011. NEEDS’ projections are based on the 2007 exit date. Generating 10,000 megawatts of electricity by 2010, for instance, is based on what happens with regards to power sector reforms by 2007.
HE: I don’t seem to understand you.
SKL: You claim to have met and even surpassed NEEDS targets! Recently, you said GDP growth in 2006 would be 10%, whereas the projection in NEEDS is 6%. NEEDS targets $9.2 billion as external reserves this year, but your government says we would have $50 billion by December. Going by the figures being churned out, we can conclude that you have even surpassed your own expectations. So what on earth is this unfinished business that you want to accomplish with a third term?
HE: Continuity, my son, continuity…
SKL: On the same page in NEEDS, you wrote, concerning continuity: “It is this national ownership, together with the results already visible, that will ensure the sustainability of NEEDS beyond 2007”. Nowhere did you state that it is only one man who can ensure its sustainability.
HE: Nigeria is like an aircraft that has just taken off…
SKL: And when you want to break through the cloud, the pilot says fasten your belt.
HE: You just said that? I can’t believe a journalist can be this intelligent.
SKL: I’m flattered sir, but it was not a journalist who said it. It was Georgie, the Lagos Boy who passed through Ondo, who made that profound statement.
HE: Don’t mind Georgie. What does he know about flying? He’s a Naval man. It is not when you’re breaking through the skies that the pilot says fasten your seatbelt. It is before the aircraft takes off at all.
SKL: Georgie also said we are in a stormy weather, so we cannot change pilot until we’re cruising at a high altitude.
HE: He was obviously misquoted. We are not in any stormy weather. Yes, we were in stormy weather before I came in 1999. But how can we still be in stormy weather after seven years of my piloting the affairs of Nigeria? Is Georgie trying to insinuate that I am not performing? And he calls himself my loyalist!
SKL: I apologise on his behalf, Your Excellency. He didn’t mean any harm. He was just being overzealous on your behalf. He only misfired, as usual.
HE: He’s a good boy, so I believe the media misquoted him. Where were we, my son?
SKL: You were giving reasons why you need another term…
HE (visibly angry): Here we go again. Have I ever told you I want a third term? When did I say that? That is one of the problems with journalists.
SKL: It seems you’re getting upset. Should I take my leave, sir?
HE: Before you go, see my aide for your transport fare. You journalists always collect transport fare after interviews. You think I don’t know the secrets of your trade?
SKL: That one is below the belt sir. But I don’t want transport fare. I don’t want…
HE: Is it because of my anti-corruption campaign? Are you afraid of Ribadoo?
SKL: Sort of…
HE: Don’t worry about that. He won’t go after you… except I tell him to do so.
SKL: That’s not the impression he gives us sir. He says there is no sacred cow.
HE: And you believe him? Tell him to go after the NPA looters. Challenge him to arrest the Fixer over the N50 billion budget for Ministry of Works…
SKL: You mean N150 billion, Your Excellency…
HE: Yes, N150 million. Thank you for the correction. Ask him to arrest Ali Baba over the dirty deals at UNTH. Let him arrest legislators who are each collecting N50 million “amendment allowance” at the Last Highland Bank.
SKL: Maybe he’s not aware of the “amendment allowance” yet.
HE: Wake up, my boy. Ribadoo is a security officer. There is enough information in the newspapers for him to follow up and investigate. Don’t forget he nailed Tafa the Thief and Adolfus the Naive. Ribadoo is smarter than you think.
SKL: You’re on tape sir. Should I publish that?
HE: No, my son. That is off record.
SKL: Okay sir. Many Nigerians abroad believe you’re doing well.
HE: That’s very good, but what are they still doing abroad? They should come home and enjoy the new Nigeria. If they’re studying, why don’t they come and school in Nigeria? If their children are ill, why don’t they fly them down to Nigeria to receive first-class treatment? If they are working over there, why can’t they come home and take some of the 10 million jobs I’ve created in seven years? If they truly believe in me, they should come home and enjoy 24-hour electricity.
SKL: Your critics say you hate criticism. When Professor Wole…
HE (furious): Just don’t mention his name here. I don’t listen to unbelievers.
SKL: But you don’t listen to God either. When a man of God, Archbishop John, spoke, your spokesman attacked him. Even when Rev. Peter criticised your government, you tongue-lashed him.
HE: That one is a pulpit economist.
SKL: Are you truly God-fearing or you are just pulling my leg? If you’re God-fearing, how come you supported the destroyers of Anambra? Why are you still holding on to Lagos State council funds? Why have you not given the IG marching orders to unmask those who killed Ige, Harry and Dikibo, with the same zeal they displayed in dislodging La-dodger in Oyo? Why are you victimising some governors while some known crooks and assassins among them are having a swell time in your presence? Is this part and parcel of your Christian virtues, my father?
HE: You can’t understand, my son.
SKL: Who are your modern African heroes?
HE: The three Ms—Museveni, Mugabe and Mobutu, in that order.
SKL: What of the other M?
HE: Which M?
SKL: Mbeki…
HE: That one is a black head of a white country. That’s why he doesn’t want to amend a man-made constitution to continue in office. He’s an embarrassment to the black race. In Africa, kings don’t quit—they die on the throne. Without me, Nigeria is doomed. I’m the only Nigerian who can rule this country. Tell me, who among 135 million Nigerians can take over from me? Nigeria can do nothing without me.
SKL: How great thou art!!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2006
Its so unfortunate for some people to just talk for te sake, How can any reasonable person say that man has to stay in power again? @ Afeni if you have got an american stay thats your prob and not ours you know and mind you it has nothing to do with the third term agenda. Maybe its high time you stop talking about nigeria and start talking about bush and clinton's administration since you are no longer part of us.

What some people aim at doing is causing confusion and misleading those who currently stay in nigeria and those who know what exactly is happening here. Call a spade a spade like orinkinla has said. We aint talking about Reforms here, he has made quite some reform even though its only the reforms that benefits him such as privitasion abi since the time wey dem privitise nepa have you seen any improvement, even though the bank is still yet to meet their reforms purposes and we are still hoping but even at all these, he is never going to get third term.

Ask Afeni and his co, if they knew how obj betrayed his tribe? how he betrayed the people of oyo and how he betrayed the people of anambara? ask him if he knows how obj has guided Gbenga his son and he has given that boy an immunity so he could no be checked by either efcc or icpc? Its beta you stay mute than mislead others. no offense!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by olembe(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2006
u see, 20 years ago obasanjo came to my school to commission a project and he told us that we are the leaders of tommorrow, i was very happy because i thought one day i will be like him, 20 years on, he is still the president, when will it be my fathers turn or my turn?NO to third term , he should go and die in his farm in otta.i understand he has done well at least but i dont believe that no other person can rule this nation, insult!remember abacha was told the same thing.THANKS
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by olembe(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2006
u see, 20 years ago obasanjo came to my school to commission a project and he told us that we are the leaders of tommorrow, i was very happy because i thought one day i will be like him, 20 years on, he is still the president, when will it be my fathers turn or my turn?NO to third term , he should go and die in his farm in otta.i understand he has done well at least but i dont believe that no other person can rule this nation, insult!remember abacha was told the same thing
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 12:19pm On May 09, 2006
As to opposition to the 3rd term, the issue is what is the alternative? Atiku? IBB? Shonekan, Orji Kalu?
Can an Ngozi-Iweala, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, or El-Rufai, be allowed to rule this country or have the political skills to control the restive military generals who with their stolen wealth always ferment mischief, when policies don't go their way? or the likes of grassroots politicians such as Adedibu who over throw State Govt at their whimps and caprices?
Or certain tribes or individuals who believe ruling Nigeria is their birthright? & that dipping the hands into the National treasury has been ordained to them by God? What Nigerian President has surpassed the achievements of OBJ, I beg let Baba continue until he die in the office.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 3:37pm On May 09, 2006
More people have been murdered in Nigeria in extra-judicial killings and by assassins since Obasanjo came to power than all the years of IBB and Abacha.

Why we are not in a state of civil war now is due to the mercies of God.
Nigerians are too religious to unleash their furies on Obasanjo and his demons in government.

I have been living in Nigeria since I was born and I have had the privileges of association with the rulers and the common people in Nigeria. One of the most powerful women in Nigeria whose husband was the Camp Commandant of the late General Sani Abacha and who knew M.K.O Abiola well enough to tell me that he had sexy fingers once said, "I am afraid that one day, the poor masses will revolt and cut off our heads!". Why?

The ruling kleptocrats in Nigeria have wrecked our country. And there would have been a bloody revolution in Nigeria, but the poor masses in the North have been fooled by their rulers who have been using their Islamic religion to cheat, exploit and oppress the poor Hausas and other Muslims.

The blood of the innocent victims of the demons and cultists in power is crying out for justice.

Murder will out.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by debosky(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2006
To all of you saying OBJ is the best president we've ever had, maybe he is, but is he the best we can ever have? definitely not!! you say he should continue the reforms? as a leader for 8 E-i-G-H-T LONG years, if you can't lay your foundation and allow others to continue, you've failed. someone was complaining about the intentions of atiku, Kalu, IBB and co, that its for selfish interests, i don't disagree, but OBJ is doing this 'for the sake of Nigeria'? please gimme a break, the man should leave,any leader who in 8 years cannot plan for a successor is a failure period. mandela had one term, before he ended everyone knew Mbeki was taking over. If OBJ had been training a successor, then thats the person we would've been hearing about now, not Kalu, Atiku and co. OBJ should GO. What if he dies tomorrow? what happens to Nigeria? are u sayiny we cant exist without him? Look at what happened to cote d'ivoire after houphet boigny (their life president) died, they still are in the mess now, yeah it was rosy under the guy, but when he died, everything fell apart because he was the one who held all the power with no successor. OBJ should leave, Nigeria has many many many more qualified people who can take his place, OBJ choose a successor and groom Him, its not too late yet, we still have a year before May 29, 2007.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2006
some day, i'll sit up on that "hot seat" and will be known as a better IBB.

cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Candidates In Abeokuta Solicit For Votes (Pictures) / Live Results From The Labour Party Situation Room As At 8am Today. / Enugu Collapsed Bridge: Work Commences, As Gov Mbah, Umahi Inspect Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.