Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

I Need Audi Tt - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Audi Tt (3614 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Unbelievable As Audi Tt Flies Through The Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
greenhulk:

Maybe I exergerrated but u get the point. Average price of tokunbo 2010 camry xle is around 3.5m while 2010 Camaro shold be around 3 5-4.5m. But like I said the Camaro is a cheap car that makes u look rich, dealers inflate the price and people that don't know anything about the car would go like WOW look at that car.

A brand new Camaro starts at $25k while a brand new Camry starts at $23k. It is easy for u to buy a Camaro for 4m and tell people u bought it for 10m, they won't even doubt u.

Oh, definitely. I agree with you on this. Camaros and Mustangs are regarded way more highly than they should be in Nigeria. I literally had someone tell me that a Mustang is a more impressive car than a C Class. Amazing.

Like, it's faster but that's about it. There's nothing else it does better than the Merc. But people just assume it's some exotic car. The Camaro, in particular.

For what it's worth, the 2010 Camaro is pretty crappy, lol. It's such an attention-grabbing car when you see it in person, but that interior is garbage.

I'd much rather have a slightly older Mercedes or Infiniti.

1 Like

Re: I Need Audi Tt by nurey(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Oh, definitely. I agree with you on this. Camaros and Mustangs are regarded way more highly than they should be in Nigeria. I literally had someone tell me that a Mustang is a more impressive car than a C Class. Amazing.

Like, it's faster but that's about it. There's nothing else it does better than the Merc. But people just assume it's some exotic car. The Camaro, in particular.

For what it's worth, the 2010 Camaro is pretty crappy, lol. It's such an attention-grabbing car when you see it in person, but that interior is garbage.

camaros and mustangs are actually higher than a benzene or whatever you call it this days.

They were built purely for sports enthusiasts not for luxury or good looking. They are muscle sports cars, they aren't the fastest on the track or quickest off the line but they hold their own when needed. They were built for handling and pimping to bring out that refined performance needed.

chevy Camaro any day anytime

2 Likes

Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

camaros and mustangs are actually higher than a benzene or whatever you call it this days.

They were built purely for sports enthusiasts not for luxury or good looking. They are muscle sports cars, they aren't the fastest on the track or quickest off the line but they hold their own when needed. They were built for handling and pimping to bring out that refined performance needed.

You're off your rockers. They're cheap sports cars, what else? That's like saying a Ducati is better than an E63s because it's faster.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by nurey(m): 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You're off your rockers. They're cheap sports cars, what else? That's like saying a Ducati is better than an E63s because it's faster.

They aren't cheap sport cars, they actually have lower trims for everyday users, that is where the V6 comes in but when you talk of a real camaro or mustang then you pick the v8s upwards those are the real sports muscle. Every E-class is a luxurious midsized vehicle but all E63s are luxurious midsized sports oriented old timer grin I never see una record for nurburgring may be it is also as big as APC achievement that it's too big to see

2 Likes

Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

They aren't cheap sport cars, they actually have lower trims for everyday users, that is where the V6 comes in but when you talk of a real camaro or mustang then you pick the v8s upwards those are the real sports muscle. Every E-class is a luxurious midsized vehicle but all E63s are luxurious midsized sports oriented old timer grin I never see una record for nurburgring may be it is also as big as APC achievement that it's too big to see

No one ever said the E63s is the fastest car ever, though? That was just an analogy. And you're proving my point, there's no metric in which a Camaro beats a Benz apart from straight line acceleration.

Ask me why the ZL1 isn't on the Nurburgring leaderboards. grin
Dumb American muscle cars with shite handling. Shite interiors. Shite technology.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by nurey(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

No one ever said the E63s is the fastest car ever, though? That was just an analogy. And you're proving my point, there's no metric in which a Camaro beats a Benz apart from straight line acceleration.

Dumb American muscle cars with shite handling. Shite interiors. Shite technology.

Okay ooo you just took it personal but a corvette and viper are there nah

You know where I stand.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

Okay ooo you just took it personal but a corvette and viper are there nah

You know where I stand.

Corvette and Viper aren't anywhere in the same league as Camaros and Mustangs. C'mon, mate.

Corvette starts at like 60k. Mustang can be had brand new for 20k.

Corvette/Viper = sports car. Also supercars.
Mustang/Camaro = Pony cars (sub-branch of muscle cars)
Challenger/Shelby= Muscle Car

1 Like

Re: I Need Audi Tt by nurey(m): 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Corvette and Viper aren't anywhere in the same league as Camaros and Mustangs. C'mon, mate.

Corvette starts at like 60k. Mustang can be had brand new for 20k.

Corvette/Viper = sports car. Also supercars.
Mustang/Camaro = Pony cars (sub-branch of muscle cars)
Challenger/Shelby= Muscle Car

I was referring to the nurburgring comment, making a statement for the Americans
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

I was referring to the nurburgring comment, making a statement for the Americans

My bad. Reading comprehension was poor there.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Exactly. Even the world called fast is not very fast except u opt for the v8 which is a terrible gas guzzler compared to the BMW and Mercedes ot other European sports cars. The v6 2010 Camaro has 0-60 of about 5.7 seconds. It's aggressive look attracts attention especially in this part of the country but the interior quality really sucks. So many plastics, and I don't think it can survive bad road conditions.

I was driving along ikeja this evening and we saw a Camaro in a car stand and the fellow I was carrying in my car was like wow check out that car. In his mind the car is worth like 10m which is what dealers capitalize on. If the car is worth like 4-5m dealers can easily tell u it's 7-8m saying this na sports car or this na american muscle car. Now if u don't know much about it u will just fall for it. Not denying it's a nice car to have in ur fleet and take our on weekends and u will still look richer than ur friends that came with more expensive Merc .
Re: I Need Audi Tt by atelysir(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
allforfree:
ANYONE CAN HELP ME GET AUDI TT 2010 AND ABOVE... I HAVE SEARCHED FOR IT BUT CANT FIND IT ANY WHERE EVEN IN COTONOU
I can help you get it in Cotonou no gimmicks
Re: I Need Audi Tt by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

I don't totally agree with this. Yes they can be fast (especially the v8) but the build quality is not up to par with equivalent Merc or BMW or even Infinitis. The Mercedes Benz c63 amg is a far better car than a Camaro or mustang , but in naija u will turn more heads when seen in a Camaro than in a c63 amg
Re: I Need Audi Tt by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Is it only straight line acceleration that makes a good car? The inside of the Camaros are always poorly built with too many plastics, that's where the cost cutting comes in
Re: I Need Audi Tt by nurey(m): 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
greenhulk:

I don't totally agree with this. Yes they can be fast (especially the v8) but the build quality is not up to par with equivalent Merc or BMW or even Infinitis. The Mercedes Benz c63 amg is a far better car than a Camaro or mustang , but in naija when u will turn more heads when seen in a Camaro than in a c63 amg

camaro or mustang are not luxurious sports cars. They are just sports cars (Muscle category). majority of sports/hyper cars aren't luxury oriented.

You also know luxury is subjective. some will tag leather seats, formica ordinary screen as luxury, while some would go extreme as sat navigation, radar lane assist, park assist etc.

The American muscles weren't built for luxury in the 1st instance and they still maintain the status quo.

1 Like

Re: I Need Audi Tt by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
nurey:

camaro or mustang are not luxurious sports cars. They are just sports cars (Muscle category). majority of sports/hyper cars aren't luxury oriented.

You also know luxury is subjective. some will tag leather seats, formica ordinary screen as luxury, while some would go extreme as sat navigation, radar lane assist, park assist etc.

The American muscles weren't built for luxury in the 1st instance and they still maintain the status quo.

We are saying the same thing. The Camaro is a cheap sports car, this is why they cut corners with the quality of materials used. Most sports and even hyoer cars these days add considerable amount of luxury. When they use alcabtera and manual seats to cut on weight they do it to gain added speed. But the Camaro with all its plastic is still not as fast as many of the competition that use premium materials. Let's compare 2010 Camaro v8 with 2010 c63, the Merc is still faster even thought it's made with more quality materials.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Audi Tt by allforfree: 6:31am On Jan 30, 2019
greenhulk:

We are saying the same thing. The Camaro is a cheap sports car, this is why they cut corners with the quality of materials used. Most sports and even hyoer cars these days add considerable amount of luxury. When they use alcabtera and manual seats to cut on weight they do it to gain added speed. But the Camaro with all its plastic is still not as fast as many of the competition that use premium materials. Let's compare 2010 Camaro v8 with 2010 c63, the Merc is still faster even thought it's made with more quality materials.

THAT C63 THAT LOOKS LIKE C300
Re: I Need Audi Tt by sultaan(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Did you by any chance know how many Camaro version is in the top 50?

Your so called cheap car is built for performance , so you see a $40k car beating a $80k luxurious European.

The Camaro has the same Magnetic ride in a Ferrari. Remember someone mentioned the SS, let your argument start from that trim.

https://www.motor1.com/news/149205/chevy-camaro-zl1-1le-lap/

The Mercedes that beats the Camaro is priced from $100k to $200k and the ones the cost $80k are in the 70th position and higher compared to a trim that is just above the SS, the Z28 in the 50th position

The reliability of the Camaro and Mustang is at par with that of Mercedes and BMW.

If OP wants a roadster, the Maita is the best seller in the roadster segment with BMW Z3, Z4 , MB SLK Toyota and Honda had MR2 spyder and S2000 but the best is stiil a Corvette
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:23am On Jan 31, 2019
sultaan:

Did you by any chance know how many Camaro version is in the top 50?

Your so called cheap car is built for performance , so you see a $40k car beating a $80k luxurious European.

The Camaro has the same Magnetic ride in a Ferrari. Remember someone mentioned the SS, let your argument start from that trim.

https://www.motor1.com/news/149205/chevy-camaro-zl1-1le-lap/

The Mercedes that beats the Camaro is priced from $100k to $200k and the ones the cost $80k are in the 70th position and higher compared to a trim that is just above the SS, the Z28 in the 50th position

The reliability of the Camaro and Mustang is at par with that of Mercedes and BMW.

If OP wants a roadster, the Maita is the best seller in the roadster segment with BMW Z3, Z4 , MB SLK Toyota and Honda had MR2 spyder and S2000 but the best is stiil a Corvette

We're not talking about prices, bro. The only reason why a Camaro vastly outperforms a Mercedes of the same price is because performance is all it has to offer.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by sultaan(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

We're not talking about prices, bro. The only reason why a Camaro vastly outperforms a Mercedes of the same price is because performance is all it has to offer.

Clear on that so if there has to be a GM car mentioned in the same line with Mercedes, that will be Cadillac and the AMG will be compared to a Cadillac V series
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
sultaan:

Clear on that so if there has to be a GM car mentioned in the same line with Mercedes, that will be Cadillac and the AMG will be compared to a Cadillac V series

And even at that a C63s is still a better car than a CTS-V. American cars just have ridiculous HP numbers.

1 Like

Re: I Need Audi Tt by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Still not worth 10m for a 2010. Probably closer to 7m for a clean titled one.

OP, why not look for a Nissan 370Z? Will be a lot more reliable than the TT and drives even better.
Sacrillege, how dare you call Nissan and Audi in one Sentence angry angry angry
Re: I Need Audi Tt by mejai(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
Men! U guys r crazy grin
what is now d fate of d OP and his request?
Which kind winch Una be sef?

Op, what have u decided on?
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
erico2k2:

Sacrillege, how dare you call Nissan and Audi in one Sentence angry angry angry

The Nissan Z is all around a better car than the TT. Your prejudices are irrelevant here.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The Nissan Z is all around a better car than the TT. Your prejudices are irrelevant here.
ahah thats ur opinion, ok what in the nissan do you think is better than the TT, waht tech or waht boost,Im waiting!
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2019
erico2k2:

ahah thats ur opinion, ok what in the nissan do you think is better than the TT, waht tech or waht boost,Im waiting!

Has more power, holds value better, handles better, is far more reliable. The TT has a better interior, though.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by erico2k2(m): 10:08am On Feb 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Has more power, holds value better, handles better, is far more reliable. The TT has a better interior, though.
OK I'm at work can't get hold of the status TGIF I finish early. So when I get home we will do the stats
Re: I Need Audi Tt by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2019
erico2k2:

OK I'm at work can't get hold of the status TGIF I finish early. So when I get home we will do the stats

Fair enough.
Re: I Need Audi Tt by sultaan(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2019
Infiniti G35
Re: I Need Audi Tt by mammanbawa: 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
The only American car I'll buy with my money is the corvette c6
Cos of the movie "the last stand"
That movie made me fall in love with that ride
Though that one was tuned
Re: I Need Audi Tt by sultaan(m): 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
mammanbawa:
The only American car I'll buy with my money is the corvette c6
Cos of the movie "the last stand"
That movie made me fall in love with that ride
Though that one was tuned

It is not tuned but but like that from factory.

That is the most expensive trim of Corvette the ZR1 Nick named blue devil below it is the Z06 ZR2 $130k Z06 $85k
Re: I Need Audi Tt by mammanbawa: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2019
sultaan:

It is not tuned but but like that from factory.

That is the most expensive trim of Corvette the ZR1 Nick named blue devil below it is the Z06 ZR2 $130k Z06 $85k

Are you tryna tell me that 1000hp corvette is stock?
Oh come on

In real life, the high-performance sports coupe's 638-horsepower, supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 is good for a top speed of 205 mph. The ZR1 in the film, however, is referred to by characters as "modified" and able to reach 250 mph.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls I Need Info On Volkswagen Touareg / Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? / I Need A Car On Hire Purchase Agreement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.