Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God (3522 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / Please Where Did The Bible Say That Mary Magdalene Was A Prostitute? / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

Olodo....

Mary gave birth to the human nature not the divine.

According to your theory....

Lion can't birth a goat...
Mary can't birth God nor God father human.

What Mary birth is human and what God father is God....

Do you understand? I know it will still hard for you to understand.

It's hypocrisy for you to claim catholics aren't Christian when is the one who coined the word Jehovah.

Hypocrite!!!

Permit me to say, Your logic here is rusty and dead on arrival , What Mary gave birth to was Fathered by whom ? Your logic only make sense if Mary had sex with an HUMAN FATHER.

Moreover, for further exposition, Do you read that The Flesh Mary gave birth to is God , God was manifested IN FLESH , for a start, Do you believe that Bible verse ?

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Peacefullove:

Explain the bolded . Expecially the underlined, and let's see if Mary isn't the Mother of God. By your logic.

How many times will someone explain this thing to you people

Mary gave birth to the human nature of Christ

Or did Christ first start to exist inside Mary's womb?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
solite3:
Mary is not the Mother of God. Because mary carry Jesus in her womb does not mean she is mother of God. However mary was the mother of Jesus just as David was the forefather of Jesus. The humanity of Jesus can be traced through mary to David but not his divinity, The Son of God has existed even before all creation as stated by colosians 1v15

The human Mary gave birth to is God. Do you agree with this Bible verse " God was manifested in Flesh " ?

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

How many times will someone explain this thing to you people

Mary gave birth to the human nature of Christ

Or did Christ first start to exist inside Mary's womb?

Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb. Now whoever birth an human, is the Mother .

@bold, that human nature is God or as you said has divinity hidden it ( the human nature ) , yes or no ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
Peacefullove:
Permit me to say, Your logic here is rusty and dead on arrival,

Permit to day this, your reasoning is outdated and needs upgrade.

What Mary gave birth to was Fathered by whom ? Your logic only make sense if Mary had sex with an HUMAN FATHER.

Was fathered by God...for the divine person to reside!

Moreover, for further exposition, Do you read that The Flesh Mary gave birth to is God , God was manifested IN FLESH , for a start, Do you believe that Bible verse ?

The FLESH is the house for the divine person to be seen by ordinary human eyes and be able to do what ordinary human can do....isn't that manifestation in the FLESH
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
Peacefullove:
Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb. Now whoever birth an human, is the Mother.

You agreed that HIS HUMAN EXISTENCE STARTED in the WOMB....

But When did His DIVINE EXISTENCE STARRED?

@bold, that human nature is God or as you said has divinity hidden it ( the human nature ) , yes or no ?

You're confusing yourself sorry!

How can HUMAN NATURE BE GOD?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

You agreed that HIS HUMAN EXISTENCE STARTED in the WOMB....

But When did His DIVINE EXISTENCE STARRED?

You're confusing yourself sorry!

How can HUMAN NATURE BE GOD?

God was manifested in that human nature Given birth to by Mary . Mary isn't giving birth to an ordinary human body but God himself .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

Permit to day this, your reasoning is outdated and needs upgrade.

Was fathered by God...for the divine person to reside!

The FLESH is the house for the divine person to be seen by ordinary human eyes and be able to do what ordinary human can do
....isn't that manifestation in the FLESH

Mother = The person who gave birth to you. , So a person who gave birth to God is a mother of God

By Divine you mean his Godship

Do you know you just proved that WHAT MARY GAVE BIRTH TO IS GOD HIMSELF ? What does that make her ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Jesus have been existing from times unknown to us, but the Bible made it clear that HE WAS BORN/CREATED/POSSESSED by another greater person!

When God transformed Jesus' life from the spirit realms into an embryo in the womb of a woman, it doesn't mean this woman is about to give birth to a God! It simply means God prepared another person from heaven to come and cleanse the defect Adamic sin brought on all his children!

That's why Jesus now becomes the NEW father for all obedient humans in replacement of Adam {1Corinthians 15:45} , unlike Adam our DEAD father {Roman 5:12) Jesus will live on so he becomes our EVERLASTING father! Isaiah 9:6

Mary gave birth to a normal human child but with a PERFECT incorruptible body, it was after his baptism that God restored his memory to know everything about his past life before he became human, before then Jesus was just like any other human child.

His presence in the midst of humans means a lot to all the angels in heaven, because while God in times past do divert his attention away not to be pained by the evil humans are doing to themselves, God's UNDIVIDED attention is focused on wherever his only begotten son goes. That's why he is called EMMANUEL because God is with him in the SPIRIT anywhere he goes, so it's like God is 100% with the Jews when Jesus walked the earth!

Mary gave birth to the man who became the Messiah (Christ) but not God's mother, otherwise Moses' mother too could have been called God's mother because God made Moses a God also in his lifetime! Exodus 7:1

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

1. Mary is the mother of Jesus.

1.1. Response: This is definitely true as is verified in Scripture. The term "mother" must refer to the biological sense of Jesus because Mary did not precede the Word that became flesh (John 1:1, 14), nor is she the author of his divine essence.

2. Jesus is God.

1.2. Response: When we say that Jesus is God, we are affirming that Jesus has a divine nature as well as a human nature (see Hypostatic Union). Therefore, the word "God" here must refer to the divine nature, the divine essence.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Peacefullove:
God was manifested in that human nature Given birth to by Mary . Mary isn't giving birth to an ordinary human body but God himself

I can see how you stylishly boycotted my question....

Again, when did the DIVINE PERSON EXISTENCE start

This will put more light to your claim "Mary isn't giving birth to an ORDINARY HUMAN but God Himself"
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
Peacefullove:

Mother = The person who gave birth to you. , So a person who gave birth to God is a mother of God

By Divine you mean his Godship

Do you know you just proved that WHAT MARY GAVE BIRTH TO IS GOD HIMSELF ? What does that make her ?

You're still confused.....

If Jesus predated His human existence and you're the very one who said "Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb."

So I asked, when did His divine Existence start?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:34am On Feb 02, 2020
Emusan:

You're still confused.....

If Jesus predated His human existence and you're the very one who said "Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb."

So I asked, when did His divine Existence start?
Define a mother ?

I still very much record your earlier statement 'his Divine nature [ God ] was hidden in the human nature ' and you agree God was manifested in Flesh to be seen, we have a clear idea what Mary Gave birth to. Like I said, the next thing now is for you to define a mother .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:37am On Feb 02, 2020
Emusan:

This will put more light to your claim "Mary isn't giving birth to an ORDINARY HUMAN but God Himself"

Nobody says Mary is a Creator . That's where your question is relevant. The issue here is Mary as MOTHER ! What did Mary birth ? An human ? A God ? Both?

Define a Mother and whom did Mary Mother ? It's really essential you go back to the dictionary and check the meaning of Mother

Common sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:40am On Feb 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

2. Jesus is God.

1.2. Response: When we say that Jesus is God, we are affirming that Jesus has a divine nature as well as a human nature (see Hypostatic Union). Therefore, the word "God" here must refer to the divine nature, the divine essence.

You guys have defect in comprehension or what ?

The point here is : What did Mary birth ?

If Jesus has a Divine nature on Earth, who birth that Divine nature to the earth ? Common sense isn't common for you ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:43am On Feb 02, 2020
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by PastorAIO: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2020
There is nothing more entertaining than to see mad men discussing puerile nonsense.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

2. Jesus is God.

3. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God.

3.1. Response: In what sense is the term "God" used here? Does it mean God in the divine essence? Or does it mean God as a Trinity? Also, in what sense is the word "mother" used here? Does it mean that she is the mother of the divine nature? If so, it cannot mean that she's the mother in the sense of being before the divine nature the same way that all mothers are before their offspring. It cannot mean that she is in a superior position than the divine Word since she is a creature. So, how is it meant? The lack of clarity is the problem.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17am On Feb 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

3. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God.

3.1. Response: In what sense is the term "God" used here? Does it mean God in the divine essence? Or does it mean God as a Trinity? Also, in what sense is the word "mother" used here? Does it mean that she is the mother of the divine nature? If so, it cannot mean that she's the mother in the sense of being before the divine nature the same way that all mothers are before their offspring. It cannot mean that she is in a superior position than the divine Word since she is a creature. So, how is it meant? The lack of clarity is the problem.

Let me show you how the fallacy of equivocation works with an example that is more clear.

1. Jesus is God.
2. God is a Trinity.
3. Jesus is the Trinity.

Do you see how lack of verification of terms results in confusion? Let me analyze this to show you where the problem lies.

1. Jesus is God.
1.1. In this sense, "God" means the divine essence.

2. God is a Trinity.
2.1. In this sense, "God" is describing the Trinity, one God in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3. Jesus is the Trinity.
3.1. The confusion arises in the use of the term "God" which means one thing in premise one and something different in premise two, even though it is the same word. This demonstrates the fallacy of equivocation.

As you can see, without clarification errors can arise from such ambiguous, undefined conclusions. Such is the case with the Roman Catholic Church which has attributed to Mary far more than what the Scriptures have declared.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:43am On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

Stop insulting your intelligence..
According to your king James Bible, did Mary give birth to God manifested in the flesh?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2020
PastorAIO:
There is nothing more entertaining than to see mad men discussing puerile nonsense.

Yet you joined the fray & commented on the posts of "mad men".
You no wan eat, but your teeth dey share am... OK nau.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

You guys have defect in comprehension or what ?

The point here is : What did Mary birth ?

If Jesus has a Divine nature on Earth, who birth that Divine nature to the earth ? Common sense isn't common for you ?
Gbam !
These brain scrubbed men voluntarily exchanged their thinking cap for a man made SCAM...
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2020
Janosky:
Stop insulting your intelligence..
did Mary give birth to God manifested in the flesh?

False accuser....I'm still waiting for you to provide the link where I claimed "Once saved always saved"
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

Nobody says Mary is a Creator . That's where your question is relevant. The issue here is Mary as MOTHER ! What did Mary birth ? An human ? A God ? Both?

Define a Mother and whom did Mary Mother ? It's really essential you go back to the dictionary and check the meaning of Mother

Common sense

You talk about common sense whereas you're the very person who lacks it.

lastly, Mary birth the HUMAN NATURE while the Divine Nature has always existed....

Can Mary birth what created Mary herself

You haven't answered when the divine starts to exist...
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

False accuser....I'm still waiting for you to provide the link where I claimed "Once saved always saved"

Matt 24:13,the words of Jesus is still a "rant" to you... it is on record.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Janosky:
Matt 24:13,the words of Jesus is still a "rant" to you... it is on record.

So it was me who wrote Matt 24:13 that "Once saved always saved"
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

lastly, Mary birth the HUMAN NATURE while the Divine Nature has always existed....

KJV, Your God was manifested in human nature..
We know say your sense no dey where Baba God put am.... ...
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

Shuoooo !!!!!

Matt 24:13
Jesus said:
"but those who stand firm to the End shall be
saved."

Triune pagan deity devotee pretending to be Christian.
Small Breeze blow fowl ya.n$h done open.....
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
Janosky:

Shuoooo !!!!!

Jesus said:
"but those who stand firm to the End shall be
saved."

Triune pagan deity devotee pretending to be Christian.
Small Breeze blow fowl ya.n$h done open.....

False accuser and liar....

I'm still waiting for you to provide the link to where I claimed "Once saved always saved"
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

False accuser and liar....

I'm still waiting for you to provide the link to where I claimed "Once saved always saved"
Emusan:

[/quote]

Shuoooo !!!!!
Jesus said:
"but those who stand firm to the End
shall be
saved."

Triune pagan deity devotee pretending
to be Christian.
Small Breeze blow fowl ya.n$h done
open.....
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

You haven't answered when the divine starts to exist...

Mother : the one who gave birth to you. Focusing on " GAVE Birth " . Get that into your head.

Is the Divine nature hidden in that Human nature that passed through Mary's vagina or not ?

Was it God ( manifested/enclosed in human nature ) that passed through Mary's vagina or not ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:
Mother : the one who gave birth to you. Focusing on " GAVE Birth " . Get that into your head.

Is the Divine nature hidden in that Human nature that passed through Mary's vagina or not ?

Was it God ( manifested/enclosed in human nature ) that passed through Mary's vagina or not ?

Let me remind you your first reply to my post...

"Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb. Now whoever birth an human, is the Mother"

"His human existence started in Mary's womb"

Again, when did His Divine person start to exist

This is the question you haven't provided answer to because you know you'll short yourself in the foot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Language Will We Speak In Heaven / Does God Have An Ego? / Does This Child Belong To Fr Emma Obimma (ebube Muonso), See Twitter Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.