Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God (3526 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / Please Where Did The Bible Say That Mary Magdalene Was A Prostitute? / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

Let me remind you your first reply to my post...

"Yes, going by the books, his human existence started in Mary's womb. Now whoever birth an human, is the Mother"

"His human existence started in Mary's womb"

Again, when did His Divine person start to exist

This is the question you haven't provided answer to because you know you'll short yourself in the foot.

Human existence doesn't mean his life started in Mary's womb . Hence the clause " human" added to existence . Let me remind you that you added that the Divine nature was HIDDEN in that human nature that Mary GAVE BIRTH TO.

So what passed through Mary's vagina ? God in human flesh ?

Tell me what passed through Mary's vagina, and we shall clearly see if she gave birth to God or not.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

The FLESH is the house for the divine person to be seen by ordinary human eyes and be able to do what ordinary human can do....isn't that manifestation in the FLESH

House ? grin grin recall this post , So what passed through Mary's Vagina was a Divine person/God covered with flesh ?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:
Human existence doesn't mean his life started in Mary's womb.

So if His Human existence doesn't mean His life started in Mary's womb, what happened to his DIVINE PERSON after Mary given birth to His HUMAN PERSON....

I've noticed that, you're using your JWs theory i.e Human doesn't have spirit person residing inside them to disprove this thread whereas, the Catholic who made the claim have believe in the theory of Human has spirit being residing in their flesh.

Can you see where the problem lies?

Hence the clause " human" added to existence.

What happened to the divine person after HUMAN WAS ADDED

Let me remind you that you added that the Divine nature was HIDDEN in that human nature that Mary GAVE BIRTH TO.

Now, does this mean I said divine nature was part of what Mary carried in her womb?

So what passed through Mary's vagina ? God in human flesh?

Mary birth the human nature NOT THE DIVINE PERSON, how many times will I repeat this to your empty skull?

Tell me what passed through Mary's vagina, and we shall clearly see if she gave birth to God or not.

The human nature passed....

You can see the reason why it's not good to jump into what you are confused about or don't have the indepth knowledge of.

I made a statement from my first post, which you jump in like a kangaroo without first understanding my point.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Let me show you how the fallacy of equivocation works with an example that is more clear.

1. Jesus is God.
2. God is a Trinity.
3. Jesus is the Trinity.

Do you see how lack of verification of terms results in confusion? Let me analyze this to show you where the problem lies.

1. Jesus is God.
1.1. In this sense, "God" means the divine essence.

2. God is a Trinity.
2.1. In this sense, "God" is describing the Trinity, one God in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3. Jesus is the Trinity.
3.1. The confusion arises in the use of the term "God" which means one thing in premise one and something different in premise two, even though it is the same word. This demonstrates the fallacy of equivocation.

As you can see, without clarification errors can arise from such ambiguous, undefined conclusions. Such is the case with the Roman Catholic Church which has attributed to Mary far more than what the Scriptures have declared.

Important Concerns
The initial concern that is associated with calling Mary the "mother of God" is the implication of superiority, and also a special position that she would then possess. Please consider the following problems associated with the exultation of Mary.

1. Mary sits at the right hand of Christ: "...she is the supreme Minister of the distribution of graces. Jesus "sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high" (Hebrews i. b.). Mary sitteth at the right hand of her Son..." (Pope Pius X, 1835-1914, Ad Diem Illum Laetissimum, 14).
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Emusan:

So if His Human existence doesn't mean His life started in Mary's womb, what happened to his DIVINE PERSON after Mary given birth to His HUMAN PERSON....

I've noticed that, you're using your JWs theory i.e Human doesn't have spirit person residing inside them to disprove this thread whereas, the Catholic who made the claim have believe in the theory of Human has spirit being residing in their flesh.

Can you see where the problem lies?

What happened to the divine person after HUMAN WAS ADDED

Now, does this mean I said divine nature was part of what Mary carried in her womb?

So God wasn't manifested in the Flesh in Mary's womb again ?

grin grin

Mary birth the human nature NOT THE DIVINE PERSON, how many times will I repeat this to your empty skull?

The human nature passed....

You can see the reason why it's not good to jump into what you are confused about or don't have the indepth knowledge of.

I made a statement from my first post, which you jump in like a kangaroo without first understanding my point.

At bold, What was manifested in that human nature Mary birth ? God ?

" The FLESH is the house for the divine person to be seen "
- Emusan

You have enter one chance .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by LordReed2nd(m): 3:30am On Feb 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Important Concerns
The initial concern that is associated with calling Mary the "mother of God" is the implication of superiority, and also a special position that she would then possess. Please consider the following problems associated with the exultation of Mary.

1. Mary sits at the right hand of Christ: "...she is the supreme Minister of the distribution of graces. Jesus "sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high" (Hebrews i. b.). Mary sitteth at the right hand of her Son..." (Pope Pius X, 1835-1914, Ad Diem Illum Laetissimum, 14).

You failed to show it is a fallacy of equivocation and instead switched some mythological concerns.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by PastorAIO: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2020
Janosky:

Yet you joined the fray & commented on the posts of "mad men".
You no wan eat, but your teeth dey share am... OK nau.

Who was talking to you? I'm in no mood for talking to mad men.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
PastorAIO:

Who was talking to you? I'm in no mood for talking to mad men.

What do you think you are you doing by posting your comments in a thread of "mad men" you are "in no mood for talking to" ?
"Mad men" dey yarn you come into their midst & say your thoughts,yet you're not "mad" grin grin grin.
Pastor be honest to yourself jare...
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by PastorAIO: 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
As I was saying to the saner folks who are reading and laughing, se you see my predicament. Abeg no post anything here o, just read, laugh and move on. Or one craze man will try to drag you enter their idiocy.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
PastorAIO:
As I was saying to the saner folks who are reading and laughing, se you see my predicament. Abeg no post anything here o, just read, laugh and move on. Or one craze man will try to drag you enter their idiocy.

For your mind...... grin grin
There are no sane folks here..
Pastor,please upgrade your memory... grin
PastorAIO:
There is nothing more entertaining than to see mad men discussing puerile nonsense.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Important Concerns

2. Mary is 2nd only to Jesus: "Mary has by grace been exalted above all angels and men to a place second only to her Son" (Vatican Council II, p. 421). "This mother...is waiting and preparing your home for you," (Handbook for Todays Catholic, p. 31).
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

2. Mary is 2nd only to Jesus: "Mary has by grace been exalted above all angels and men to a place second only to her Son" (Vatican Council II, p. 421). "This mother...is waiting and preparing your home for you," (Handbook for Todays Catholic, p. 31).

3. Mary is the all holy one: "By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All-Holy One," (CCC 2677).
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

3. Mary is the all holy one: "By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All-Holy One," (CCC 2677).

4. Pray to Mary: "Mary is the perfect Orans (pray-er), a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father," (CCC 2679).

https://carm.org/mary-mother-of-god-logical-fallacy
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

4. Pray to Mary: "Mary is the perfect Orans (pray-er), a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father," (CCC 2679).

5. Marian prayer is epitome of the gospel: "The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, are an epitome of the whole Gospel," (par. 971).
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

5. Marian prayer is epitome of the gospel: "The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, are an epitome of the whole Gospel," (par. 971).

6. No Better way than to look to Mary: "After speaking of the Church, her origin, mission, and destiny, we can find no better way to conclude than by looking to Mary," (CCC 972).
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08am On Feb 19, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

6. No Better way than to look to Mary: "After speaking of the Church, her origin, mission, and destiny, we can find no better way to conclude than by looking to Mary," (CCC 972).

7. Mary brings us the gifts of Eternal Life: Mary, "...by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation...(CCC par. 969)
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

7. Mary brings us the gifts of Eternal Life: Mary, "...by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation...(CCC par. 969)

Obviously, there are serious problems with the exultation of Mary by Roman Catholicism. Nevertheless, to the Roman Catholics credit, they do not assert that Mary is older than God or the source of his divinity.

"Although Mary is the Mother of God, she is not his mother in the sense that she is older than God or the source of her Son’s divinity, for she is neither. Rather, we say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person—Jesus Christ, God "in the flesh" (2 John 7, cf. John 1:14)—and in the sense that she contributed the genetic matter to the human form God took in Jesus Christ."fn]http://www.catholic.com/tracts/mary-mother-of-god

Still, the problem of the exultation of Mary cannot be ignored, as the documented list of exultation regarding Mary clearly reveals. For an article on this serious problem see The Exultation of Mary.

https://carm.org/catholic/exaltation-of-mary
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
There is a logical fallacy in the argument that Mary is the mother of God
by Matt Slick

The Roman Catholic Church often calls Mary the "mother of God." They say...

"Since Mary is Jesus' mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God: If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the Mother of God. There is no way out of this logical syllogism, the valid form of which has been recognized by classical logicians since before the time of Christ."1

There is a sense in which the syllogism is true, but also another in which it is not. Let's take a look.

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by imagrg(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2020
The world itself is a mystery.
I am yet to know why people refer to Jesus as God when he stated clearly in the Bible that he is not.
Well, I am just wondering though.

Remember, Martin Luther made the Bible even accessible to the ordinary man today!

Beware of the Catholic philosophy! It is the problem we wrestle with in Christian belief today.

God is God. He is One and He does not share His personality with anyone.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2020
imagrg:

The world itself is a mystery.
I am yet to know why people refer to Jesus as God when he stated clearly in the Bible that he is not.
Well, I am just wondering though.

Remember, Martin Luther made the Bible even accessible to the ordinary man today!

Beware of the Catholic philosophy! It is the problem we wrestle with in Christian belief today.

God is God. He is One and He does not share His personality with anyone.

Do you know this God? undecided
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by JoradOz(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2020
Text me @ +2347053450467 on WhatsApp to be added to my "Atheism vs. Religions WhatsApp group chat".
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
AryEmber:
Really? Let's see, to the christians; Jesus is God, Mary is the mother of Jesus, Mary is the mother of God. I think the argument is valid, though not true.
Na the second one be this image123.
She's not a Christian though.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
tartar9:
Lol
I never knew xtians knew what logical fallacy is.
The real nonsense you should be looking at is the Trinity.An absolute gibberish which you guys also inherited from the Catholics.
Image123 another one 3!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
Dnaz:
Mary is the Mother of God. QED
Jesus is Fully Man and Fully God
Even while on earth, he didn't stop being God

He wasn't God on earth. This was why he had to be anointed for ministry. If he was God on earth, he will not need the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

In addition, he will not eat or sleep. God doesn't sleep. He became man for our sake to redeem us.

Concerning the issue of Mary being referred to as the mother of God, there is no where in the scripture where Jesus called Mary mother. He addressed her as woman. She was only a vessel that carried the baby Jesus. God could have used any other vessel in that lineage.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2022
Ken4Christ:

He wasn't God on earth. This was why he had to be anointed for ministry. If he was God on earth, he will not need the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

In addition, he will not eat or sleep. God doesn't sleep. He became man for our sake to redeem us.

Concerning the issue of Mary being referred to as the mother of God, there is no where in the scripture where Jesus called Mary mother. He addressed her as woman. She was only a vessel that carried the baby Jesus. God could have used any other vessel in that lineage.

God bless you real good my brother. smiley

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you real good my brother. smiley

Thank you
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Is Jesus Christ God on earth or just the son of himself?
Does God have a Father in heaven?
Matthew 27:46,is God crying to himself ?
Ken4Christ:

Which scriptures did you read that GIBBERISH of Jesus Christ not eating or sleeping at all?
Ken4Christ:

Jesus Christ is your God in heaven.
You said "He wasn't God on earth".
You mean your God in heaven never came to the earth?

Your Trinity mentors said " Jesus is fully God and fully man."
Do you agree with their claim?
Their claim of Mary as the mother of God is borne out of Trinity GIBBERISH.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Janosky:

Which scriptures did you read that GIBBERISH of Jesus Christ not eating or sleeping at all?

It takes a spiritual man to understand spiritual truth. If you are not born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, there is nothing I am going to explain that will make sense to you.

In summary, there is one God who is invisible and he dwells bodily in Christ. Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. If you want to see God, look at Jesus.

He reproduced himself in Christ and yet Jesus still call him God. They don't walk independently. Their thoughts and minds are networked together.

The most important thing that matters is your salvation. Are you born again? Are you filled with the Holy Spirit?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
Janosky:

The depiction below simply nails it. smiley

1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The depiction below simply nails it. smiley

For your mind... grin
Psalms 90:2 dey your own Bible?
Acts 2:33-36, did God resurrect himself?
Or you mean God resurrect another GOD?
Did God give himself this command: "Sit at my right hand?"
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:

It takes a spiritual man to understand spiritual truth. If you are not born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, there is nothing I am going to explain that will make sense to you.
Matthew 27:46, what is the spiritual truth Jesus is teaching you ?
Does Matthew 27:46 the statement of Jesus Christ "God on earth crying to himself in heaven" make sense to you?

Ken4Christ:

In summary, there is one God who is invisible and he dwells bodily in Christ. Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. If you want to see God, look at Jesus.
Therefore, according to your claim,"If you want to see God on earth, look at Jesus".
Mary gave birth to God on earth.
simple logic. grin cheesy. grin

Ken4Christ:

He reproduced himself in Christ and yet Jesus still call him God. They don't walk independently. Their thoughts and minds are networked together.
Your Trinity says God na 3 persons.
Oga, God reproduced another person.
Why are you LYING that "God reproduced himself"?

Ken4 ,wetin happen to your Spiritual man brain?
grin cheesy

Ken4Christ:

The most important thing that matters is your salvation. Are you born again? Are you filled with the Holy Spirit?
Yes, my salvation matters when you are in complete agreement with John 20:17,31 "believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and you will have life" NOT Trinity GIBBERISH.

If your salvation matters to you better hold on to Revelation 3 12.
In the spiritual realm Jesus said himself is NOT our God grin
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2022
Janosky:

Matthew 27:46, what is the spiritual truth Jesus is teaching you ?
Does Matthew 27:46 the statement of Jesus Christ "God on earth crying to himself in heaven" make sense to you?

Therefore, according to your claim,"If you want to see God on earth, look at Jesus".
Mary gave birth to God on earth.
simple logic. grin cheesy. grin

Your Trinity says God na 3 persons.
Oga, God reproduced another person.
Why are you LYING that "God reproduced himself"?

Ken4 ,wetin happen to your Spiritual man brain?
grin cheesy

Yes, my salvation matters when you are in complete agreement with John 20:17,31 "believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and you will have life" NOT Trinity GIBBERISH.

If your salvation matters to you better hold on to Revelation 3 12.
In the spiritual realm Jesus said himself is NOT our God grin

" And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." (John 20:28).

And our Lord Jesus didn't say, don't call me God.

What is your response to this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Quran Surahs For Kids – Last 10 Surahs Of Quran / Where Can I Buy Rccg Open Heavens Books & Cds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.