Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God (3532 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / Please Where Did The Bible Say That Mary Magdalene Was A Prostitute? / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2022
Janosky:

For your mind... grin
Psalms 90:2 dey your own Bible?
Acts 2:33-36, did God resurrect himself?
Or you mean God resurrect another GOD?
Did God give himself this command: "Sit at my right hand?"

As long as you refuse to believe in the Triune God you will continue to grope in darkness.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

As long as you refuse to believe in the Triune God you will continue to grope in darkness.

3 simple questions wey OLAADEGBU no fit answer:
Acts 2:33-36, did God resurrect himself?
Or you mean God resurrect another GOD?
Did God give himself this command: "Sit at my right hand?"

John 20:17, Jesus Christ confirmed you are an enemy of the gospel of the holy scriptures.

Oga, continue typing GIBBERISH
grin grin
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ken4Christ:

" And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." (John 20:28).

And our Lord Jesus didn't say, don't call me God.

What is your response to this?
Ken4 is telling Nairaland there are 2 GODS @John 20:17,28. grin grin

Oga, In John 20:28 screenshot, did you see exclamation mark (!) there?

Definitely, Yes!

"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed, just as exclaiming "oh my God!"

"Oh my God!" is an exclamation of surprise.
John 20:11-27, Thomas doubted,he NEVER believed Jesus resurrection.

"Oh my God!" iS NOT a reference to God Almighty.

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2022
Janosky:

Ken4 is telling Nairaland there are 2 GODS @John 20:17,28. grin grin

Oga, In John 20:28 screenshot, did you see exclamation mark (!) there?

Definitely, Yes!

"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed, just as exclaiming "oh my God!"

"Oh my God!" is an exclamation of surprise.
John 20:11-27, Thomas doubted,he NEVER believed Jesus resurrection.

"Oh my God!" iS NOT a reference to God Almighty.

But there are instances where Jesus was worshipped both while on earth and after his ascension. And he accepted worships.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and WORSHIPPED HIM, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and WORSHIPPED HIM, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and WORSHIPPED HIM, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and WORSHIPPED HIM.

John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

The writer of Hebrew said God commanded even the angels to worship him:

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.

We do know that mortal man who fears God does not accept worship.

Apostle Paul rejected worship - Acts 14:11-15.

Only God is to be worshipped and our Lord Jesus is also being worshipped. So, he is God and not ordinary man.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The writer of Hebrew said God commanded even the angels to worship him:

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.

We do know that mortal man who fears God does not accept worship.

Apostle Paul rejected worship - Acts 14:11-15.

Only God is to be worshipped and our Lord Jesus is also being worshipped. So, he is God and not ordinary man.

Important question for Ken...
In your Bible @John 15:15, Matthew 4:10 & Mark 12:29, did Jehovah God TEACH Jesus to accept worship of men?

Definitely no !!!!

Oga,your quote of Trinitarian Hebrews 1:6 is conflicting with Jesus instructions@ Mark 12:29 & Matthew 4:10.
Jesus Christ says he does NOT accept Worship.

Hebrews 1:5-7
New Catholic Bible

The Son of God, Superior to the Angels
Messianic Enthronement. For to which of the angels did God ever say,
“You are my Son;
this day I have begotten you”?

Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”?

6 And again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

Let all the angels of God pay him homage"

The Catholic Church your Trinity mentors are in agreement with Jesus Christ @ Mark 12:29 &Matthew 4:10, the Command says you MUST NOT give worship to anyone, NOT to Jesus.
"Let all angels pay homage to Jesus Christ."
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and WORSHIPPED HIM.

Matthew 28:9
Complete Jewish Bible
9 Suddenly Yeshua met them and said, “Shalom!” They came up and took hold of his feet as they fell down in front of him"

In the screenshot, did the young man worship his elders?
No !

The young man ( in screenshot) prostrated before his elders as a mark of respect.
This is a very common practice in the Middle East till today.
The Jews NEVER at anytime gave worship to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

But there are instances where Jesus was worshipped both while on earth and after his ascension. And he accepted worships.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and WORSHIPPED HIM, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 8:2
Complete Jewish Bible
8" After Yeshua had come down from the hill, large crowds followed him. 2 Then a man afflicted with tzara‘at came, kneeled down in front of him and said, “Sir, if you are willing, you can make me clean"

The Jews NEVER worship God's Son.

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:55am On Apr 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and WORSHIPPED HIM, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Oga, your claim is NOT true.
Your fellow 3 deities Bible translations are in agreement with Jesus @ Mark 12:29-30 & Matthew 4:10.

Matthew 9:18-26
New Revised Standard Version

A Girl Restored to Life and a Woman Healed
18 While he was saying these things to them, suddenly a leader of the synagogue came in and knelt before him, saying, “My daughter has just died; but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live.”

Matthew 9:18
Complete Jewish Bible
18 While he was talking, an official came in, kneeled down in front of him
and said, “My daughter has just died. But if you come and lay your hand on her, she will live.” .

*Matthew 9:18
The Message

Just a Touch
18 As he finished saying this, a local official appeared, bowed politely, and said, “My daughter has just now died. If you come and touch her, she will live.”
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by sonmvayina(m): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
In praise of lucifer ( the light bearer, meaning the mother of the light )

Christianity has always been about her....

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Ken4Christ: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, your claim is NOT true.
Your fellow 3 deities Bible translations are in agreement with Jesus @ Mark 12:29-30 & Matthew 4:10.

Matthew 9:18-26
New Revised Standard Version

A Girl Restored to Life and a Woman Healed
18 While he was saying these things to them, suddenly a leader of the synagogue came in and knelt before him, saying, “My daughter has just died; but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live.”

Matthew 9:18
Complete Jewish Bible
18 While he was talking, an official came in, kneeled down in front of him
and said, “My daughter has just died. But if you come and lay your hand on her, she will live.” .

*Matthew 9:18
The Message

Just a Touch
18 As he finished saying this, a local official appeared, bowed politely, and said, “My daughter has just now died. If you come and touch her, she will live.”

What about the scripture which says, Let the angels worship him. And they actually worshipped him in the book of Revelation:

Revelation 5:12-13
12 Saying with a loud voice, WORTHY IS THE LAMB that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND UNTO THE LAMB for ever and ever.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2022

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

What about the scripture which says, Let the angels worship him. And they actually worshipped him in the book of Revelation:

Revelation 5:12-13
12 Saying with a loud voice, WORTHY IS THE LAMB that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, AND UNTO THE LAMB for ever and ever.

Oga, read the Screenshots of your fellow Trinitarian devotees, posted on Nairaland couple of months ago.
@ Revelation 5:12-14, worship is NOT for Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Last Words Of Muhammad/ What He Said On His Deathbed / Lets Play "Word Association" Of NL Religion Posters / Pentecostal Churches And Our Lord's Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.