Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. (73401 Views)

President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight / Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar And Ademola Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2019
DesChyko:

We'ld like to analyse what Atiku knows apart from to loot.

Let start with your investments in Nigeria.
Can you list them for us to see? cool

Ipobian how many of your investments (if any) have you taken out of "the zoo" and taken to your Biafra?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by 2n2k(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2019
DissTroy:

If we had a Federal Government which works, someone up there should have reprimanded Okorocha of Imo State who wasted all of the state's funds on white elephant projects. Measures should be put in place to ensure states manage funds given to them just as state governments monitor funds to local governments.

In a federal system, federal government should not be able to punish a state on how the state spends its money. That is the duty of the state house of Assembly.

What you are proposing should only happen in unitary system in which case, there won’t be federal govt but Central Government like what Ironsi did with his unification decree in 1966.

The relationship between federal and states is not the same as that of the state and local government. Local government is not a component of the federation, the way states are. Creation, funding and management of local government shouldn’t have featured in a federal constitution, that should have been left for individual state to decide on.

This is why I believe that most of those parroting ‘restructuring’ don’t even know systems of government and what is involved.
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Parada:
What would anybody have expected PDP clowns like you to say before ?
Lol cheesy.
Good reply to her jor!
Sai Baba we love.
Stay blessed parada!
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by gare(f): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2019
[s]
Tetehjewels:

Atiku himself is fake because Bank of Industry has confirmed it.

What does Atiku know apart from how to loot.

What has being a northerner got to do with BOI anchor borrowers scheme? Is the anchor borrowers scheme meant for the north alone?
[/s]

Dumb analysis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by yemi15(m): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Glorymax:

They needed to be helped by force even if they refused
If you say so
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2019
gare:
[s][/s]

Dumb analysis

Dispute it since its dumb as you claimed.

Wasted Atikurideen zombie generation
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by stephleena(f): 8:33am On Jan 31, 2019
Positiveminds:

You are the dumbest human being to walk on the planet Earth. How do you imagine he would come to quote how much he has paid in taxes. If I asked you to give immediate answer to an arithmetic proble now u will allow that odour to ooze from your closet.
Allah ya Baka hakuri . I'm not the cause of your problems .get well soon. alade
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by bilulu(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Buhari is talking about ranching and not grazing routes.

Why he mentioned grazing routes was to talk about the major reason for cattle encroaching on farmland.

In the old days there were designated grazing routes but now those routes have been disrupted by development so the best option is ranching.

Buhari was the first to focus on ranching.

Why do you think some states said they will not give land for ranching? Was it Atiku who suggested ranching to them?

Zombie
so cattle colony is same with ranching?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by bilulu(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2019
helinues:

And why will he challenge the state law about grazing e.g Benue state?

Dont run away oo.. You must respond... grin
You didn't answer my question and you want me to respond to urs....
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 31, 2019
bilulu:

so cattle colony is same with ranching?

Cattle colony is same thing with ranching.

Its giving a designated area for them which they would not be allowed to leave.
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by nzeobi(m): 8:52am On Jan 31, 2019
globemoney01:
Nonsobaba are you seeing Peter Obi admitting he invested our state funds in his private business. Wow. Mopolchi, nzeobi, , meanchris, easternactivist etc
is the brewery a family business
does anambra make money from its shares
and what has your drunk obiano achieved in his 6 years as it concerns the future of anambra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Mopolchi: 9:04am On Jan 31, 2019
nzeobi:

and what has your drunk obiano achieved in his 6 years as it concerns the future of anambra
Abeg tell am. I know you meant wetin dey inside dis picture wey dey down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Charlesfixed210: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2019
SEE BELOW

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by royallord1(m): 10:35am On Jan 31, 2019
wirinet:

How is this different from the anchor Borrowers programme?

Stating he would take into cognisance the words from the soldiers on the battle front, he will dealing with any soldier who is non chalant equates to security? How will that be effective? How will he know which soldiers are non chalant? What about other security challenges likeherdsmen, kidnapping, cultism, militancy, etc?

Amnesty for looted funds, that's a new one. So how does that discourage the next round of looting?
And these are all here has to say on the economy?

How? Which measure does he have in mind? How can he grant amnesty at at the same time prevent future looting?

never knew Turkish economy was built on looted funds. Other countries better start looting funds to develop their economies.

The FG does not have powers to withhold funds meant for other tiers of government. That's federalism.

When, how? Atiku had never been in the same party with any Anambra state government save the few months it was under Ngige. Anambra had always been an APGA state, so how can he world against the candidate of another party?
what laws?

It is you that is bias, Atiku said nothing new or even sensible.

My guy.. If I should give you response to this ur biased questions u will still not understand and say the truth...
My advice ..clear your head.. Listen to the debate ask ur self this same questions am sure u will find the answer...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by wirinet(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2019
royallord1:

My guy.. If I should give you response to this ur biased questions u will still not understand and say the truth...
My advice ..clear your head.. Listen to the debate ask ur self this same questions am sure u will find the answer...

I am all ears.
Atikus ideas are no different from Buhari's. No substance whatsoever. I feel like crying when I hear both Atiku and Buhari speak. They have no idea on what it takes to build a prosperous country.
It a pity that these two is what is on offer to Nigerians.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by globemoney01: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2019
nzeobi:

Are you sure your educated? How many more of our money did Peter Obi use to boost his businesses? We all know Obiano has achieved more than Peter Obi in 6 years
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by globemoney01: 11:06am On Jan 31, 2019
DesChyko:

I was domiciled in Anambra State as a scholar at the State University during Obi's tenure, and with what was obtainable at the university before he came in, and what happened after, what secondary schools benefitted from his tenure, how moving around became quite more easier and comfortable with the roads/bridges and vehicles, I dare say you as an indigene would be a traitor to condemn him as a non-performer. Those of us who schooled in Anambra State University then would remember one sum like that we paid for a certain reason and was returned back to every single one of us when he ruled that it was not our duty to provide it. I think it was about 5k or thereabout.
Did you even ever visit State Structures under his tenure? Did you notice how impeccable they appeared? Some where even undergoing construction or reconstruction while others appeared very calm and serene. The perfect environment is indeed the soul of business.
It would be impossible to outline his achievements, especially without also including the current gains in the state from his past investments, which is the major driving force of a true business man. Investing today to gain tomorrow.
What he did for Anambra State is what a governor is supposed to do. No need to praise him much. But as they say, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.
Indeed, are you talking about the ANSU that was on strike for the better part of Obis tenure?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by weownthewest: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2019
DesChyko:

I was domiciled in Anambra State as a scholar at the State University during Obi's tenure, and with what was obtainable at the university before he came in, and what happened after, what secondary schools benefitted from his tenure, how moving around became quite more easier and comfortable with the roads/bridges and vehicles, I dare say you as an indigene would be a traitor to condemn him as a non-performer. Those of us who schooled in Anambra State University then would remember one sum like that we paid for a certain reason and was returned back to every single one of us when he ruled that it was not our duty to provide it. I think it was about 5k or thereabout.
Did you even ever visit State Structures under his tenure? Did you notice how impeccable they appeared? Some where even undergoing construction or reconstruction while others appeared very calm and serene. The perfect environment is indeed the soul of business.
It would be impossible to outline his achievements, especially without also including the current gains in the state from his past investments, which is the major driving force of a true business man. Investing today to gain tomorrow.
What he did for Anambra State is what a governor is supposed to do. No need to praise him much. But as they say, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.
You shouldn't have responded to that fool. His problem with Peter obi is personal that is why he never sees good in Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by royallord1(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2019
wirinet:

I am all ears.
Atikus ideas are no different from Buhari's. No substance whatsoever. I feel like crying when I hear both Atiku and Buhari speak. They have no idea on what it takes to build a prosperous country.
It a pity that these two is what is on offer to Nigerians.

One has grown, improved himself to meet the demand of modern day Nigeria and become more prosperus and improved the lots of his immediate community since leaving office.. The other never improved himself, never grew or became prosperous or improved the lots of his immediate community, nor understand what it takes to lead a modern day Nigeria.. He keeps living in the past.. When I was in the military.

If u are asked whom would improve the lots of Nigeria amongst both.. Am sure u will pick the one that improved his personal life as against the one that is redundant and never grew his personal life or his immediate community

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by Psoul(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2019
OdefaGirl:

You tried in giving updates, quotes and reactions on what was happening. Though I was watching it but u weren't mixing mincing words while reporting. Kudos
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by bilulu(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Cattle colony is same thing with ranching.

Its giving a designated area for them which they would not be allowed to leave.
Bros colony and ranching are two different things....
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by OdefaGirl(f): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2019
[quote author=Psoul post=75286675][/quote]

Thank u
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by wirinet(m): 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
royallord1:

One has grown, improved himself to meet the demand of modern day Nigeria and become more prosperus and improved the lots of his immediate community since leaving office.. The other never improved himself, never grew or became prosperous or improved the lots of his immediate community, nor understand what it takes to lead a modern day Nigeria.. He keeps living in the past.. When I was in the military.

How did Abubakar Atiku improve himself since leaving office? Did he improve on the 2 diplomas he said he has? Wikipedia says that he holds two diplomas: one from the school of hygiene and another in Law from ABU institute of administration.
So someone that worked as a custom officer for most of his career and suddenly has money to invest and indeed corner the oil services and logistics sector has improved himself? In that case Buhari should have cornered the oil wells and refinery business to show he was capable of improving himself when he was petroleum minister, head of state or PTF chairman.

If u are asked whom would improve the lots of Nigeria amongst both.. Am sure u will pick the one that improved his personal life as against the one that is redundant and never grew his personal life or his immediate community

A former president or even a former vice president have no need to improve himself materially if not for primitive greed. They are fully provided for by the state.

This is what Dino melaye wrote about Buhari refusing to collect his full allowance;

Here is his message:

“I read online the question a lady asked. The question is how can Buhari who earns over 300million naira yearly claim that he can not afford to pay 27million naira for the APC presidential form. I became interested and decided to investigate. I went to the ministry of Finance where I discovered that it is true that all former Presidents and Head of states actually get 23million naira monthly. But I found out that General Buhari actually wrote the minister of Finance to reject the 23million monthly pay. He said in his letter that he will only accept 10percent or that amount which is 2.3million and that is what he has been taking. This is just to clear the air.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by wirinet(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
yemi15:

What is this one saying? So Lagos and Ogun that has most of the companies in Nigeria do multiple taxation? Go to school, you won't SMH.

It is obvious you have never set up a company or even registered a business name before. Ask your boss (assuming you have a job) on the number and costs of taxes including licences they are required to have.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by blank(f): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
naptu2:
Do you believe that Nigeria's problems began 3 years ago or can you tell people that 16 years of PDP contrbuted to the problems.

What was his response to this question? Was it the APC failed promises?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by naptu2: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2019
blank:

What was his response to this question? Was it the APC failed promises?

This (primarily the part in bold).

naptu2:
Peter Obi talks about a discounted position and then he lists APC's campaign promises. He says that the APC said that they will make one naira equal to one dollar.

Kadaria cuts him off and says that we need to be factual.

Peter Obi wanted to continue, but Kadaria says that anytime she pushes them on what they will do, they go on to talk for the APC and she doesn't want that. She wants them to says what they will do
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by DesChyko: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
globemoney01:

Indeed, are you talking about the ANSU that was on strike for the better part of Obis tenure?

I have four siblings after me that also went through/are going through the same University. If they were on strike for such length of time, I'ld certainly remember.
Peter Obi was governor for over 90 months. What duration out of this do you mean by 'most of his tenure' please?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by blank(f): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
naptu2:

This (primarily the part in bold).

Sorry to keep digging but did he mention what this discounted position is?
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by globemoney01: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
DesChyko:

I have four siblings after me that also went through/are going through the same University. If they were on strike for such length of time, I'ld certainly remember.
Peter Obi was governor for over 90 months. What duration out of this do you mean by 'most of his tenure' please?
Were they part of the rich that could afford the hiked school fees by Obi after he said education was not meant for the poor? Let’s keep digging
Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by DesChyko: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Does this not remind you of the nature of Buhari's response to Kadaria's questions on The Candidates?

YOU
globemoney01:

ME
DesChyko:

YOU
globemoney01:

Were they part of the rich that could afford the hiked school fees by Obi after he said education was not meant for the poor? Let’s keep digging

How can you be comfortable living like this? undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by naptu2: 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
blank:

Sorry to keep digging but did he mention what this discounted position is?

He spoke about it very briefly before talking about APC's promises. What he meant by discounted position was that there were some problems during PDP's time in government, but that things became rapidly worse when APC took power.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits Late COAS Wife With All Her Children / Buhari And Tinubu Shake Hands At Zahra Buhari's Wedding (photo) / Throwback Cartoon Of Failed Promises By Buhari On A Loaf Of Bread- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.