Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" (1644 Views)

Ebonylips In Bed With Husband As She Warns Husband Snatchers To Stay Away / A Bride Looking At Her Husband As He Eats At Their Wedding (Photos) / Lady Warns Ladies About Her Estranged Husband As She Calls Him Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by MissRaine69(f): 4:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
ubunja:
and you will call another man Boss at work?
But when it's your husband it's servitude?
No one calls anyone in my place of work boss. A potentially alien concept to you based on the tone of your rhetoric.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by MissRaine69(f): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Prime1:

Yea but the truth is 'what do you know about the family'
In your own perspective, its not respect but from the wife perspective, it might be respect.

An opinion is allowed yes?
This is mine.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
There is nothing bad in calling her husband Lord. That is even what husband mean. A man is a representation of God to his wife.A Christian woman honors her husband the same way she should she honors christ.

And a Christian husband treats his wife the way Christ treats his church.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by ubunja(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
MissRaine69:

No one calls anyone in my place of work boss. A potentially alien concept to you based on the tone of your rhetoric.
okay then.
smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Deicide: 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Well technically the meaning of Lord is land owner so if the man owns the land upon which their house is built on then i see no problem with it...
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Twoclans(f): 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
She can call him my Tiger or my lion,wetin concern me ?whatever name she calls him if it is not coming from a good place in her heart to what benefit is it. undecided

Regardless of what you call a loved one if that pet name is not with deep love it practically means nothing .

I have seen men/women call their partners all manner of pet names yet naaaaa lie .It means absolutely nothing to them .

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by ubunja(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Deicide:
Well technically the meaning of Lord is land owner so if the man owns the land upon which their house is built on then i see no problem with it...
always with the hilarious comments grin
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Prime1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
Twoclans:
She can call him my Tiger or my lion,wetin concern me ?whatever name she calls him if it is not coming from a good place in her heart to what benefit is it. undecided

Regardless of what you call a loved one if that pet name is not with deep love it practically means nothing .

I have seen men/women call their partners all manner of pet names yet naaaaa lie .It means absolutely nothing to them .

Thats it. Welldone.
Not all family is the same.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Prime1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
MissRaine69:

An opinion is allowed yes?
This is mine.

As if i don't know what your opinion is.
In this kind of situation, you just don't think in a single way since you don't know the beginning.
understand?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by ImaIma1(f): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2019
madridguy:
Nothing is too much my dear sister. The only books " Qur'an and The Bible " said it loud and clear. My sister, don't allow some useless western culture to enter you. Respect your man.

Calling him "my lord" is not the only form of respect. I don't even see it s respect
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Referr To Her Husband As "My Lord" by Amudeneogu: 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Bible says woman submit to your husband, husbands respect your wives children respect your parents parents do not annoyed you children. If you read this bible verse you will discover that God gives everyone his or her own responsibility in the family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actress,attempts To Break The Internet As She Poses Pantless In New Sultry Photo / I Need Love / Where Do You Have Fun Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.