Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi (60246 Views)

"I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video) / I Inherited A Country With Bombs Going Off In Cities – Buhari / THROWBACK; I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by 775chris(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2019
carterguccy:
Yh
GOD FOREBID PMB ALL THE WAY
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by lecowas: 7:30am On Feb 01, 2019
U inherited $170million from ur parents, yet u can't buy ordinary cars for ur children, u said they have to work for it. What a hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2019
MENTORCH:
That’s a very big lie, if you inherited that much a long time ago. Why aren’t you a billionaire in dollar. This people shouldn’t make us get angry and vote buhari instead of atiku. Is he even worth that now?
....and you think he is not

Haven ventured into politics, his wealth can't be truly valued.

How many politicians do you see on list of top world billionaires

Peter Obi is a billionaire in $$$.

He should be worth around $2billion - $4billion.

Atiku knew why he chose him as his VP despite that most PDP governors weren't in support because they believe he wasn't a dedicated PDP member that stood with PDP during tough time.

Peter Obi should be among the richest Nigerians and Africans, know that from today.

He kind of owns Fidelity bank and many more top firms you don't know and I won't mention lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by SaintLucia: 7:32am On Feb 01, 2019
Johnny1013:
we are in a new month so don't carry stupidity into it...Forbes don't recognize politicians on the list.Dont bring sentiment into things.Try and use your Brain for once now..2019 is still young abeg. God punish you, punish your Obi. Dem born una born corruption joined. This is what your stupid Obi said:
p.s His parents were stupidly rich
Q: So, you took Anambra state money to invest in a company owned by your family. Is that not corruption?
PETER OBI: I benefited nothing. I have no share in the company. I did it for Anambra state. Next belongs to my family.
Q: I have CAC records showing all the shareholders of Next and how many shares of the brewery is owned by Next. I have your name on paper, with due respect.
PETER OBI: NEXT was my family business. It belong to my father and I ran it for a while in the past. Yes I have shares in Next.
Q: So, how much has your family made as profits from state funds invested in your family business?
OBI : I don't know!

4 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by ifezes(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2019
Sahara reporters twisted the fact. Peter Obi said t his father's company NEXT international invested in INTERFACT breweries( makers of hero beer) and when he saw the future of the company, he invested state money there. And he said that he left anything that concerns his father's company NEXT when he became governor...... Is it through lying that Sowore will become the next president

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Peaceontome247: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2019
All i know about this BOY called OBITUARY , He is a big time LIAR...

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by franchasng: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2019
lecowas:
U inherited $170million from ur parents, yet u can't buy ordinary cars for ur children, u said they have to work for it. What a hypocrite!
Some parents are like that.

I have a rich uncle whose kids live like poor kids, don't drive even at their age above 20yrs.

Its a way of life for some parents though I don't support such but then, you need to visit Anambra and ask about Peter Obi family, so freaking rich, national politics is exposing his family wealth to Nigerians which he doesn't like sha, he prefers to be an underground billionaire he has been without notice, but this presidential race is exposing his enormous wealth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by PVision2020(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2019
Investing 30m dollars of state funds into your family business.Are there no more infrastructural development to be done again in the state, or why not invest it in SME's in the state?
When does it become the job role of states to be shareholders in the governor's family business?

No wonder Soludo called him a voodoo Economist.

5 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by OKOOMOGE: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2019
Now we know why Atiku selected you as his running mate. A thief and A liar combo.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by FantasticJ: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2019
technuel:
Some people will still term this a lie
Peter Obi's parents were very rich infact the present house Peter Obi lives in Agulu was built by them.

Oh oo, but he cannot buy even a fairly used beetle for his children abi, and his own parent gave him inheritance of $170m.

The guy and his supporters are all sick in the ear.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by derealj(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2019
[/b]Peter Obi was asked why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by him.[b] In response peter claimed the company belonged to his parents and that because he knows the future of this company, he had to invest 15% of the company’s shares at $30million for anambra people and 85% remained with his family. He also explained that there has been a 3.3% growth that has seen anambra state’s 15% share value hit $100 million dollars whereas that of his parents gone up to $561 million dollars.

Peter Obi does not own Sab miller and intafact group. He brought them into the state and invested money in the company.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by ikechemez(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2019
AmarachiNnoli:
Peter Obi after claiming that he made his own money has revealed that he inherited about $170 million US dollars from his parents and that the money has grown to about $561 million dollars. Peter Obi said this in response to a question on “The candidate”, an Nta presidential program. Peter Obi was asked why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by him. In response peter claimed the company belonged to his parents and that because he knows the future of this company, he had to invest 15% of the company’s shares at $30million for anambra people and 85% remained with his family. He also explained that there has been a 3.3% growth that has seen anambra state’s 15% share value hit $100 million dollars whereas that of his parents gone up to $561 million dollars.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

This is totally wrong and never in anyway represents the exact words from PO mouth.
So mischievous of you. Go and get a life
Am apolitical, no voters card not to talk of supporting PO

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by bizzibodi(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2019
Cyberleets:

Don't be dumb!! The man wants his children to make thier own money and not depend on him...do u think his parents left 170million $ in cash? It's in investment u numb skull. When he dies his children can then inherit his investment. He is teaching his children to be independent and not depend on his money for survival, but u are dumb anyways so u won't understand
What a dumbass anology,what if his children dies off,b/c they can't afford d best treatment,why stingy on his children?he inherited $170m as rich as mko & most of his coys dnt ring a bell,he still stole state funds to finance his father's coy,that is corruption.we knows names of wealthy easterners in d 60s -70s,how comes his father's name don't ring a bell?

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by lecowas: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng:
Some parents are like that.

I have a rich uncle whose kids live like poor kids, don't drive even at their age above 20yrs.

Its a way of life for some parents though I don't support such but then, you need to visit Anambra and ask about Peter Obi family, so freaking rich, national politics is exposing his family wealth to Nigerians which he doesn't like sha, he prefers to be an underground billionaire he has been without notice, but this presidential race is exposing his enormous wealth

Okay. But personally I believe 70% of my struggle is because of my kids.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Evangkatsoulis: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Its true, Peter Obi's father was a very rich man in the 60s, 70s and 80s. He has so many properties in choice areas of Onitsha and Lagos.

That does not mean they had up to 170 million dollars.
Even $10 million would give you many properties in choice areas.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by sonnie10: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2019
People are so dumb. They don’t even know the difference between millions and billions. Yes Peter Obi might be rich but he is not yet in the league of Dangotes who speak in billions.

Some are even asking why he is not in Forbes. When did forbes start having time for people whose net worth is $170M?
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by TumblrGyal(f): 7:43am On Feb 01, 2019
And u can't buy a car for your son
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by sirlop(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2019
1972xy:
Peter. ! Anambra money. $170m. Where on Earth did peter obi sees such money that obi claimed he inherited.
Abiola as rich as he was did not leave behind $100m.
Who was Obi snr in his own time .Did anybody knows him?
Peter obi is a theif. Anambra money ! This is why Obiano can never forgive obi because he embezzled the government fund.
Nigerians should be wise.
He's the only Governor that invited auditors to audit the state account when he left office. He left over $159million in the state treasury and made everything public. Obiano couldn't even deny it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by BenzEne1(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2019
So all of you are going to ignore the fact that he invested monies appropriated for the state in a private business linked to his family.

There aren't no handwritings on the wall now o. Hypocrites.

We don't care if he's a billionaire. You guys are pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by laurel03(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2019
post=75310376:
Hahahaha cheesy wink cheesy.
Anambra people, hope you guys are collecting your shares o?!
Chai. This OBITUARY guy na confirm Liar sha!! cheesy

The Vice Captain of CORRUPTION FC!
team manager nko
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by bigpicture001: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2019
intruxive:
angry
O boy, can this guy just try once
Just once
I mean only one time

Say the TRUTH!!!!!

He had two house...(not apartments) in the uk b4he became governor....y do u think he is lying
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by SachaBastien(m): 7:49am On Feb 01, 2019
OP, if you actually watched the interview or did some research before embarking on this journey of concocted journalism you would have heard clearly what Peter Obi said. Always check the facts before you defame another. It can snowball back into your life.
Anambra State funds was invested into a company owned by an international brewery consortium which he Obi as Governor brought into Nigeria (not as a private business but as FDI). This brewing company asked him to invest as a business man (if you believe we are not wasting our money in Anambra, why not invest some of yours). He was allowed shares of 15% in the company. Anambra's money took 10% and NEXT took 5% of that initial investment risk. At this time, Obi's interest in NEXT was in blind trust. Had the brewery suffered losses and folded up, Anambra would have lost the $30 million and so would NEXT and no one would be accusing Obi of wrongdoing where there was none but it didn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by 2point5: 7:49am On Feb 01, 2019
He never said this, nor remotely implied this on that interview. The rate at which falsehood and misrepresentation of facts are peddle here is alarming to say the least!!
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Okwuuu: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2019
handie:
Will your parents be happy seeing you expend a part of their hard earned money on a failed presidential project? Abi you wan tell me say you no know say una nor go fit win Buhari for election? My advice to you my dear Peter: Don't compare yourself with Atiku and put too much money into the campaign o..... Unlike you, that one had no inheritance and he corruptly earned his riches. So, he can afford to spend them anyhow. If you compare yourself to him and also spend anyhow, walahi, ya papa and mama won't be happy with ya
Shey na your papa moni...busy body 101
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by rapid101(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2019
adekennis:
Haba 170 million dollars? Is he the only one in their family or is that his own part of the inheritance?..lol..Even Trump in US,how much did his father borrowed him? How much did Dangote father borrowed him to start business? This guy keeps lying and contradicting himself. cheesy
Oga shot up
If ur parent no live money for u
Why venting oga go enter lagoon of e pain u
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by HomeOfMe(f): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2019
AmarachiNnoli:
Peter Obi after claiming that he made his own money has revealed that he inherited about $170 million US dollars from his parents and that the money has grown to about $561 million dollars. Peter Obi said this in response to a question on “The candidate”, an Nta presidential program. Peter Obi was asked why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by him. In response peter claimed the company belonged to his parents and that because he knows the future of this company, he had to invest 15% of the company’s shares at $30million for anambra people and 85% remained with his family. He also explained that there has been a 3.3% growth that has seen anambra state’s 15% share value hit $100 million dollars whereas that of his parents gone up to $561 million dollars.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares
I don't know about that. But I know very well that there are private Nigerian citizens who inherit more than that and worth much more than that in this our country.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by jamjo: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2019
adekennis:
Haba 170 million dollars? Is he the only one in their family or is that his own part of the inheritance?..lol..Even Trump in US,how much did his father borrowed him? How much did Dangote father borrowed him to start business? This guy keeps lying and contradicting himself. cheesy

His brother is a Catholic reverend father and her sister, a reverend sister.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2019
intruxive:
angry
O boy, can this guy just try once
Just once
I mean only one time

Say the TRUTH!!!!!

Can you for once don’t use buhari eyes to look G him ?
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Businessman1986(m): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Its true, Peter Obi's father was a very rich man in the 60s, 70s and 80s. He has so many properties in choice areas of Onitsha and Lagos.

You really believe he inherited 170 million dollars (58billion naira approx)? You really do? Hmmmm?

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Cyberleets: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2019
Sirjamo:
The lies about one watch and one house had been busted severely, why should I believe him on the $170m?

You people always claim to be smart, but you've always fall preys to cheap liars and conmen. From Oj.kwu to K.nu and now Ob.

How about tinubu?

Do u have any allegations of fraud against obi?
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2019
handie:
Will your parents be happy seeing you expend a part of their hard earned money on a failed presidential project? Abi you wan tell me say you no know say una nor go fit win Buhari for election? My advice to you my dear Peter: Don't compare yourself with Atiku and put too much money into the campaign o..... Unlike you, that one had no inheritance and he corruptly earned his riches. So, he can afford to spend them anyhow. If you compare yourself to him and also spend anyhow, walahi, ya papa and mama won't be happy with ya

People like you are the ones who never try, your type are the ones who say i don’t think I can do it, it’s too hard, Peter is doing it can I win Peter. Wake up, put your mind at something, give it a try, put In your best, you can win anyone, you can best any one at their game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / Magnus Abe Celebrating Supreme Court Judgement (Photos) / Amuwo Odofin Residents To Recall Mojisola Alli-Macaulay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.