Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi (60292 Views)

"I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video) / I Inherited A Country With Bombs Going Off In Cities – Buhari / THROWBACK; I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Johnny1013(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
SaintLucia:
You can't see because you are blind with corruption and sentiment.
no sir you are .....have a blessed day
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Praktikals(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
7Alexander:
Go to Agulu and ask questions about Obi's parents.

I dont want to believe this is how the average Igbo person reasons. You think $170,000,000 is local champion money? Thats over #60,000,000,000 shocked
The parents cant have that much money and they ll only be known in Agulu village. Theres a reason God gave you a brain. Pls use it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
Lies HE DID NOT say anywhere in the article that he inherited $170 million. I'm really shocked at this level of lies

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by GEEBITE: 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
Clever by half,which federal funds in a bank since full implementation of TSA by Buhari in 2015.Please look for another tale to spin.Investing Anambra's money in IB(SAB Miller) the largest brewery in the world is one of the best thing to happen to the state in aspect of ROI.
emerged01:

I'm not doubting his family's wealth. If there is no ulterior motive,he won't invest state money in family business? The reason he said he did was because he want Anambra people to benefit. As a matter fact,Anambra may benefit but not up to what he benefitted. Believe me!

Obi won't say it,the reason obi moved to PDP is best known between GEJ and Obi. My reason,"Federal fund in Fidelity". Now if Buhari want pull out federal fund in Fidelity,there won't be anything like Fidelity. Make your research.

Truly,If Buhari fights corruption as he supposes to,Nigeria would have collapsed. The foundation of Nigeria is laid on corruption.

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by emerged01(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng
GEEBITE

loveDcross:

Please expansiate this federal fund. I always knew Obi agreed for selfish reasons.
federal government has filed a notice of discontinuance of a suit it filed before Justice Chuka Obiozor of a Federal High Court in Lagos against seven banks for allegedly withholding $793.2 million from the federation account.

The banks involved are: United Bank for Africa Plc, Diamond Bank Plc, Skye Bank Plc, First Bank Limited, Fidelity Bank Plc, Keystone Bank Limited and Sterling Bank Plc.
The judge had on July 20 ordered the seven banks to, in the interim, remit the money to a designated account at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/08/09/fg-withdraws-suit-against-seven-bThe order was a sequel to the granting of an ex-parte application by both the federal government and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), seeking an interim order compelling the banks to remit the funds to government coffers.
Upon the granting of the application, Justice Obiozor adjourned further hearing in the matter till Tuesday.

However, at the resumed hearing of the matter Tuesday, the plaintiffs’ lawyer, Prof. Yemi Akinseye-George (SAN), drew the court’s attention to a notice of discontinuance of the suit, which he said was brought pursuant to Order 50 Rules 2 (1) of the Federal High Court Rules.
The lawyer while asking the court to strike out the suit, said the plaintiffs’ decision to discontinue the suit was in the larger interest of the public.anks-over-tsa/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Mbediogu(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Imortal001:
The combo of Atiku and obiliar will be a disaster to nigerian, so we are using our head so as not to fall on pdp trap. Obiliar u inherit $170m from ur parent after or before u put in $30m of anambra state money in that business? i dont believe this ur cock and bull story.
after watching the candidate, nigeria has decide to stick with PMB..

The whole thing boils down to choosing right between an slowpoke and a thief.
I will go with neither but if forced I will go with the thief. When he has stolen the country dry he might decide to steal from outside to keep the country going.
A dullard will be moping or sleeping while others steal from under his nose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by deomelo: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2019

@ The debate:::

Question:: What is your view on corruption?

AthiefKulooter:: To either enrich yourself or enrich your relatives or even your friends.

....but just 2 weeks ago, athiefkuloooter said:

I'm not also not going to enrich members of my family, but my friends. Are my friends not entitled to be enriched?

This is the interpretation for corruption that athiefkUkooter himself indicted himself and Obi with at the debate, enriching family and friends.

ObiAthiefKulooter combo.

Enrich friends and family.

This is just too telling, even scary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by freshdude99(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
adekennis:
Haba 170 million dollars? Is he the only one in their family or is that his own part of the inheritance?..lol..Even Trump in US,how much did his father borrowed him? How much did Dangote father borrowed him to start business? This guy keeps lying and contradicting himself. cheesy
Ur name na sorry! Poverty has clouded ur memory
#bad

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Unik3030: 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
Praktikals:

I dont want to believe this is how the average Igbo person reasons. You think $170,000,000 is local champion money? Thats over #60,000,000,000 shocked
The parents cant have that much money and they ll only be known in Agulu village. Theres a reason God gave you a brain. Pls use it
all I see about d whole thing is that igbos are easily deceived, just imagine someone talking about 170 million dollars from inheritance n we don't know him. only few people in south east know him, how much was ojukwu father net worth that year n people sabi am wella. igbos are easily fooled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by adekennis(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
freshdude99:

Ur name na sorry! Poverty has clouded ur memory
#bad

Im richer than you are believe me.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Praktikals(m): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
Unik3030:
all I see about d whole thing is that igbos are easily deceived, just imagine someone talking about 170 million dollars from inheritance n we don't know him. only few people in south east know him, how much was ojukwu father net worth that year n people sabi am wella. igbos are easily fooled
Bros, the matter tire me o. Even as at today, if a state governor should hAve 1/10 of that Amount, it should raise eyesbrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by weownthewest: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
Notwithstanding that this lies has long been rebuffed, these biased mods have refused to close this thread. Nairaland should be renamed to liaraland.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Biznessonly: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
We're in big trouble

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Praktikals:

I guess your abundance of wisdom or airheadedness as is in this case is why you can't fathom how one can be so wealthy. If you had half a brain you would would know that no one can make such outlandish claim. Please share the clip or a link to the clip where Obi said he inherited £170m. Run along Einstein

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Praktikals(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
7Alexander:

I guess your abundance of wisdom or airheadedness as is in this case is why you can't fathom how one can be so wealthy. If you had half a brain you would would know that no one can make such outlandish claim. Please share the clip or a link to the clip where Obi said he inherited £170m. Run along Einstein
Thanks for teaching me a new word @ airheadedness but I think it bests describes you. My point is that you cant av that kind of money and you wont be known, at least, everywhere in your state.
@ clip of Obi claim, go to youtube and search for Atiku obi the candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Basher8583: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
franchasng:
Not true sir, Fidelity bank is Nigeria's Number 1 SME and industry bank that houses and finances 90% of private companies, corporations and businesses in Nigeria....so if FG decides to pull out their fund in Fidelity bank, private organizations fund make majority of Fidelity bank's business, so it won't shake them....it is banks like Wema Bank that such decision will affect not Fidelity bank or even GTBank undecided

As for investing state money in the Brewery company his family owns a major share, there is nothing bad in it so long as they didn't run into loss and the state assembly as at then approved it....he didn't loot the money like most Nigerian governors and presidents do....he rather invested the state money wisely in a thriving business he saw good future in....which is commendable....

Would it had been better he invested Anambra state money in USA or Canada or Dubai or used it to buy houses abroad

Remember, the brewery have plant in Anambra and also employ Anambra people....providing many direct and indirect jobs for them and also yielding them profit.

See bro, if Nigerians have sense at and love Nigeria's future, they should vote for Atiku-Obi to help clean up the economy mess Buhari brought upon Nigeria if not, Nigeria's future looks so bleak like that of Venezuela with Buhari in power for another 4 years, bookmark this page cry
See frustration. Its obvious you already know they can't win.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Sunmolar(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
a thief always have an opportunity to repent until he got caught in the act.
the ever smiling obi,well done one day we shall see behind your smiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by nwanyionitsha: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
post=75310376:
Hahahaha cheesy wink cheesy.
Anambra people, hope you guys are collecting your shares o?!
Chai. This OBITUARY guy na confirm Liar sha!! cheesy
Sitting on billions of billions and his 2 graduate sons have no cars, but walk barefoooted, and he has been using the same wrist watch for 17 years!
Only the wailing zombies will believe that as usual!

The Vice Captain of CORRUPTION FC!
More than dividends. Including empowering entrepreneurs annally.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by quam9997(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
This guy na pure hypocrite, Bastard and Lier few months ago he said his son doesn’t own a car simply because his wealth is different from his child’s that the nigga should work for his money ��... Now his own parents left him millions of dollars ��� Oloshi ....#Scamnieverybody
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Luchitec(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
Peter Obi never said what has been attributed to him; and it's quite disgusting that educated people cannot see through this deliberate misinformation.
Shaprara:

Fake news. I watched the program he didn’t give any figures inherited from his parents even though it’s widely known they were rich, he only he inherited next supermarket from his parents.

Obi has been okay before politics, got his first house in England before politics .

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Chuks9000: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
martineverest:
and he Boldly admitted it on national TV...I just watched how was foolishly saying it...and kadaria kept pondering on that issue and oga became confused and started stammering for 5 minutes till madam switched to Atiku to ease the tension in him
Na people without television or internet your lies fit work on. Either you haven't seen the debate or you just want to be mischievous.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Chuks9000: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
quam9997:
This guy na pure hypocrite, Bastard and Lier few months ago he said his son doesn’t own a car simply because his wealth is different from his child’s that the nigga should work for his money ��... Now his own parents left him millions of dollars ��� Oloshi ....#Scamnieverybody
Only a bastard will believe things without confirmation.
Obi did not say he inherited anything.
He never said how much his family is worth.
All you read in this article is pure lies.
He never said his family or business owns 85% of anything...
Abeg, buy data watch the clip yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Chuks9000: 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
Praktikals:

Thanks for teaching me a new word @ airheadedness but I think it bests describes you. My point is that you cant av that kind of money and you wont be known, at least, everywhere in your state.
@ clip of Obi claim, go to youtube and search for Atiku obi the candidate.
See you, see gutter.
Go and watch the clip before devils sell you keep change.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Juliusdking(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2019
Imortal001:
The combo of Atiku and obiliar will be a disaster to nigerian, so we are using our head so as not to fall on pdp trap. Obiliar u inherit $170m from ur parent after or before u put in $30m of anambra state money in that business? i dont believe this ur cock and bull story.
after watching the candidate, nigeria has decide to stick with PMB..
say you not Nigerians
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Jowonloju(m): 1:08am On Feb 02, 2019
vastolord4:
Now that's called born with a Diamond spoon
That is called theft.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Jowonloju(m): 1:14am On Feb 02, 2019
Juliusdking:
say you not Nigerians
Yes, says us Nigerians that have brains. That knows Buhari he's not the best but knows he's not corrupt, knows his government is delivering infrastructure in 3 years unlike PDP 16 years. With less revenue from oil, compare to what PDP earned.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by TheodoreSalt(m): 1:31am On Feb 02, 2019
adekennis:
Haba 170 million dollars? Is he the only one in their family or is that his own part of the inheritance?..lol..Even Trump in US,how much did his father borrowed him? How much did Dangote father borrowed him to start business? This guy keeps lying and contradicting himself. cheesy
oga dagote got a grant from his maternal grandfather.. honestly 170 million is no biggie to some folks
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by MENTORCH(m): 3:02am On Feb 02, 2019
Peter Obi was rich before politics, but not as much as he has now. He opened a stockbroking firm with one of my mums friends back then, as he became governor he used government money to buy a lot of shares with his stockbroking firm, that guy that was running his stockbroking firm bought a house in park view immediately, someone that was staying in Maryland.He has many companies, they said he is very tight with money that he writes down any money he spends on a paper.

1 Like

Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by MrSix: 8:20am On Feb 02, 2019
Kposkila:

Scam, ppl don't use them...
Please make it clear...

Have you pateonized him before?
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by pheonixdld2(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2019
post=75310376:
Hahahaha cheesy wink cheesy.
Anambra people, hope you guys are collecting your shares o?!
Chai. This OBITUARY guy na confirm Liar sha!! cheesy
Sitting on billions of billions and his 2 graduate sons have no cars, but walk barefoooted, and he has been using the same wrist watch for 17 years!
Only the wailing zombies will believe that as usual!

The Vice Captain of CORRUPTION FC!
Be reasonable for once.....how can his 2 sons walk barefoot....sons of a onetime governor? Let's even forget the money inherited as he said...if your father become LGA chairman now you want tell me say you no go atleast own a car of atleast 3mil. Let's use our senses in this country ooo and stop all this irresponsible attitude that part reason why we are where we are now.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by Kposkila: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
MrSix:

Please make it clear...

Have you pateonized him before?
Yes, claim it's fixed games, but you end up been defrauded, come to think of it, some one who has fixed games up to 300 odds, but can't play it himself to win the millions but ask you to pay 10k so he can give you the games, and then directs you to a fake manager that will not give you any games, Nlanders beware.
Re: I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi by MrSix: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
Kposkila:

Yes, claim it's fixed games, but you end up been defrauded, come to think of it, some one who has fixed games up to 300 odds, but can't play it himself to win the millions but ask you to pay 10k so he can give you the games, and then directs you to a fake manager that will not give you any games, Nlanders beware.
Thanks bro
I almost gave him 10k today but I was too smart for that. I do business here (check my signature) and my moniker has posts and comments to it with long durations online.
I discovered that all the monikers associated with that posts like thaT speed not up to 1 min online and some we created between day before yesterday and today.

I simply forgot the deal. He sent me his account details but my mind was also made up not to go with it.

Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Air Force Performs First All-Female Crew ISR Mission (pictures) / 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Stanley Lawson Purchased Le-Meridien Hotel In Port Harcourt For Diezani -SaharaR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.