Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193086 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
So I heard the current price of rodo in mile12 market is 11k to 10k currently, but Is this a 50kg sack bag or 25kg @ oga okoroemeka and co..

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:43am On Dec 07, 2019
Psalm4kute:
So I heard the current price of rodo in mile12 market is 11k to 10k currently, but Is this a 50kg sack bag or 25kg @ oga okoroemeka and co..
that is a 25kg bag,if you look closely you will see kayan gona rice written on it,but the weight of the peppers inside will not be 25kg,maybe 20-22kg,pepper is a very lucrative crop imagine having 1200 pepper stands and harvesting 4-5 bags every 4 -5 days at #10,000 per bag

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
I'm having this problem with some of my plants, do I leave them be, I should assist it by removing the seed pod

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
leave it,you will uproot the seedling if u try that,it will pop out on it's own
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
okoroemeka:
leave it,you will uproot the seedling if u try that,it will pop out on it's own
Ok
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
Went to check out the farm today, sofar no complain aside damping off on some of the plant, while some are progressing slower than others

1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by GemAgro45: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Went to check out the farm today, sofar no complain aside damping off on some of the plant, while some are progressing slower than others

Are you selling seedlings?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 11, 2019
GemAgro45:

Are you selling seedlings?
No I'm not, are you in need??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by GemAgro45: 3:29am On Dec 12, 2019
Psalm4kute:

No I'm not, are you in need??

Yes
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Thurmieee: 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
please can someone refer me to a pepper buyer?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
Thurmieee:
please can someone refer me to a pepper buyer?
No local market in your area?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Thurmieee: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

No local market in your area?
to much competition. preferably Lagos. sure to give price cheaper than you get at mile 12
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ANOCETS: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
Thurmieee:

to much competition. preferably Lagos. sure to give price cheaper than you get at mile 12

Your location?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Thurmieee: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2019
ANOCETS:
Your location?
Sokoto. sending it down to Lagos isn't a problem
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thurmieee:

What's your price per 25kg bag?? And can you provide pictures of your product?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thurmieee:

it's good seeing farmers from the north on this forum and I hope @thurmiee is one,it will be refreshing to see how they manage their own pepper farm,the type of seeds they use and how they battle foliar diseases,I really hope you can enlighten us on most of this things,

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Thurmieee: 6:44am On Dec 15, 2019
[quote author=okoroemeka post=84910443]it's good seeing farmers from the north on this forum and I hope @thurmiee is one,it will be refreshing to see how they manage their own pepper farm,the type of seeds they use and how they battle foliar diseases,I really hope you can enlighten us on most of this things,[/quote
it doesn't work that way here. pepper farmers are different from sellers. The farms are kilometres away from the town. Another village entirely.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2019
good morning great farmers,
1: please where can I get east west seeds in Ibadan

2: what is the difference between efia and Etna 1 and how big are they compared to Big Sun

3: has anyone been able to solve the puzzle of germinating Technism seeds (Avenir F1 in particular)

thanks for your timely anticipated responses
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jove2012:
good morning great farmers,
1: please where can I get east west seeds in Ibadan

2: what is the difference between efia and Etna 1 and how big are they compared to Big Sun

3: has anyone been able to solve the puzzle of germinating Technism seeds (Avenir F1 in particular)

thanks for your timely anticipated responses

am still awaiting response please
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jove2012:

am still awaiting response please
Contact this user for east west seeds 07068278983
, she is located at ibadan

Efia and etna are both habenaro pepper plants
While efia is opv, etna is hybrid..

If you're still a practicing farmer I suggest you go for efia. As it is the most available pepper seed in the market.. and also cheaper compared to etna

I advice you forget about purchasing avenir for now..

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
emmybiz:
I just bought 50 GM avenir f1 . will start nursery next week. Please, experts in the house what other fungicide should I use with ridomil gold. plus pesticide to use...

okoro Emeka, ogbongenet over to u

please update on the percentage that germinated
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
Psalm4kute:

Contact this user for east west seeds 07068278983
, she is located at ibadan

Efia and etna are both habenaro pepper plants
While efia is opv, etna is hybrid..

If you're still a practicing farmer I suggest you go for efia. As it is the most available pepper seed in the market.. and also cheaper compared to etna

I advice you forget about purchasing avenir for now..

OK. thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
I have some hybrid pepper seedlings for sale .
We also give free fungicide and pesticides for pepper. Chat me 08060115253
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
Hybrid Seedlings available for sale
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by akinsmail51: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kit yourself up, 2020 is almost here!

Next year is almost here. And doing what you did this year probably isn’t going to be sufficient. Simply because you have more to contribute than you did this year. You have much more important goals worth achieving. As the new year approaches, it’s a good time to think about how we can improve ourselves and our approach to personal financial prosperity.

To reach your goals, you’ll probably need more inventive and entrepreneurial skills to kit up yourself, increase your earning potential, stand out from your peers and make strategic impact in the race of 2020.

Now is your time to lay a solid foundation for 2020. Get the knowledge to improve yourself, career and business by signing up today to learn the basics and business of snail farming.

‘The Merciful Merchants’ offers you this golden business opportunity via Mega-WhatsApp seminar and physical workshop on "Comprehensive Snail Farming Business Masterclass" so that you can exploit riches of this sector that is yet to be noticed by many and be well-equipped to save for an early retirement, tackle your debt, and grow your net worth.

What are you waiting for?

Pay #20,000 into ‘The Merciful Merchants’, 0005314083, Jaiz Bank Plc. Then, send your payment details to +2348065524808 via a WhatsApp message to participate in a 5-Day Mega WhatsApp seminar plus a day physical training titled "Comprehensive Snail Farming Business Masterclass" which is slated to take place as follows:
=====================================
1st Stream
Online via WhatsApp :
January 20th - 24th, 2020 (3 hours daily, 6pm - 9pm)

Physical: 25th January, 2020 | Location: Ojoo, Ibadan.
2nd Stream
Online via WhatsApp :
February 24th - 28th, 2019 (3 hours daily, 6pm - 9pm)

Physical: 29th February, 2019| Location: Ojoo, Ibadan.
For more details, simply call Owolabi on +2348024743010.

NB: This training is only meant for those who are ambitious for financial success and ready to gain an insight which will aid them to acquire money, to keep money and to make their surpluses earn more money via commercial snail farming.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2019
Good morning.

I have read through this thread, thanks to you all for the enlightenment.

I planted an acre of pepper this year, but it ended in collosal lose due to the following
1. Goat invasion (They always eat up my pepper)
2. Poor seed breed (planted a local open market breed, it appeared the same way for 2 months )
3. Nutrition deficiency(I was deceived by villagers that I was planting on a virgin land, used just once 3 years ago) .

I have familiarize myself with pepper farming in the past.

My question is has follows.

Which variety of habenero and bawa is advisable to plant.

Following this thread, I could see avenir f1 is a big mess.

I am considering demon f1 for Bawa. Please who has a testimony of how this variety farewell in South West.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Pes13:
Good morning.

I planted an acre of pepper this year, but it ended in collosal lose due to the following
2. Poor seed breed (planted a local open market breed, it appeared the same way for 2 months )
3. Nutrition deficiency(I was deceived by villagers that I was planting on a virgin land, used just once 3 years ago) .

I am considering demon f1 for Bawa. Please who has a testimony of how this variety farewell in South West.

Thanks.
Did you make use of organic foliar fertiliser after transplant??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Pes13:
Good morning.

Thanks.
your major problems are goats and poor soil or poor management,even if you plant avenir or any exotic hybrid varieties it will end up the same,your crops are lacking nutrients and that is the main cause of your failures,I have seen instances were seeds are source from ripe matured pods in the open market and processed and it still gave a good account,with proper fertilization program.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
okoroemeka:
your major problems are goats and poor soil or poor management,even if you plant avenir or any exotic hybrid varieties it will end up the same,your crops are lacking nutrients and that is the main cause of your failures,I have seen instances were seeds are source from ripe matured pods in the open market and processed and it still gave a good account,with proper fertilization program.

Thank you. Although I have started working on how to have a good management system and fertilizer program after reviewing the causes of the failure..

However, do you have any suggestions on the hybrid variety to plant, with intending target market being South West markets.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

Did you make use of organic foliar fertiliser after transplant??

I didn't make use of any.

That was one of my biggest mess.

I listened to the local farmers who claim they don't use any fertilizer, and I learnt my lesson in a hard way..

I bought the pepper seedlings from one of them(3,000+), another mistake I made.

They didn't grow beyond the size they were when I bought the seedlings.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
Pes13:

Thank you. Although I have started working on how to have a good management system and fertilizer program after reviewing the causes of the failure..

However, do you have any suggestions on the hybrid variety to plant, with intending target market being South West markets.
its wise in any agric venture your still new in to start small so if you fail the fall will not rattle the ritcher scale,my advice is to scale down from 1 acre to half,use hybrid or proven opv varieties and do the nursery yourself,use organic manure 50/50 with soil in nursery,after transplant apply organic manure in each planting hole and start applying npk 201010+urea fertilizer one plastic spoon each crop every 15 days,any good RED colour habanero or scotch bonnet variety will move market,I can't recommend any variety now the germination issues are playing open monkey with farmers.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Pes13: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
okoroemeka:
its wise in any agric venture your still new in to start small so if you fail the fall will not rattle the ritcher scale,my advice is to scale down from 1 acre to half,use hybrid or proven opv varieties and do the nursery yourself,use organic manure 50/50 with soil in nursery,after transplant apply organic manure in each planting hole and start applying npk 201010+urea fertilizer one plastic spoon each crop every 15 days,any good RED colour habanero or scotch bonnet variety will move market,I can't recommend any variety now the germination issues are playing open monkey with farmers.

Thanks. I know I ought to start small to learn the ropes, but I couldn't afford to wait a whole year.

I will start with 1 plot of land, with 500-700 stands of pepper, and handle it from scratch to finish myself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.