Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193231 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello house,
am new here

please i want to know how many pepper plants can be planted in just 1 acre of land?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
mirabel9:
Hello house,
am new here

please i want to know how many pepper plants can be planted in just 1 acre of land?
6k pepper to 7500 pepper, that's just my opinion,.. everyone has their own view on this
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
6k pepper to 7500 pepper, that's just my opinion,.. everyone has their own view on this

ok thanks,
but please how many months does it take for atarodo pepper to mature for harvest?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
mirabel9:

ok thanks,
but please how many months does it take for atarodo pepper to mature for harvest?

Most varieties are between 90-100 days.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
mirabel9:

ok thanks,
90 to 120 days
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Benagro: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
codeQue:

I use Haifa Bonus NPK 20 20 20
Okay, thanks. How much is it
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Ephiezy4real(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Let me book a seat here
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 7:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
please this is with which spacing?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Gee64: 8:09am On Jan 11, 2020
Let's see a photo of this specie please
okoroemeka:
if you try avenir f1 u will not look back again,the spiciy flavour is incredible,when we have it the market women hoard it for hoteliers and restaurant people they pay premium price for it, because of the out of the world goat meat scent and also 3 fruits will do for a big pot of soup,unlike the common red pepper u can put 10-15 pieces still no show,also op try and expose the seedlings to morning sunlight so it will stop being spindly and get strong stems.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2020
Jove2012:
please this is with which spacing?
60cm btw plant, 60cm btw planT bed
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2020
Well done ma people,no dulling moment.. Thanks for keeping the trend alive. I have been so busy in the bush plugging money from the trees lol.
Pepper na sure deal though the price has dropped but very soon the price will soar again.
I'm preparing a seedlings for one my client from the east(9000 habanero stands).

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ANOCETS: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
ogbongenet:
Well done ma people,no dulling moment.. Thanks for keeping the trend alive. I have been so busy in the bush plugging money from the trees lol.
Pepper na sure deal though the price has dropped but very soon the price will soar again.
I'm preparing a seedlings for one my client from the east(9000 habanero stands).
what variety is it and how many gram will be needed to meet the number of stands
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
ogbongenet:
The last time I checked in ifo market (December) 50kg sack was sold for 25k.. what's the current price now?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Luwaluwa: 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
Where are u located? I need seedlings?
ogbongenet:
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by olaide68(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
Thanks sir,what is the required spacing to achieve 6000-7500 stand on an acre.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
90 to 120 days

ok thats approximately 3-4 months before it matures for harvest,

but please there is this video i once watched on youtube,

the guy planted upto 7 pepper plants in one pot/container

without much spacing and they all grew well,

is it that peppers can grow even when over crowded?

It baffles me they all grew well and produced much peppers in that same not too big pot

can this be explained a little bit for me so i can understand what went on there,

because am kind of confused how come?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
mirabel9:

ok thats approximately 3-4 months before it matures for harvest,

but please there is this video i once watched on youtube,

the guy planted upto 7 pepper plants in one pot/container

without much spacing and they all grew well,

is it that peppers can grow even when over crowded?

It baffles me they all grew well and produced much peppers in that same not too big pot

can this be explained a little bit for me so i can understand what went on there,

because am kind of confused how come?
Theres diff btw a gardener and a farmer... and pepper variety matters as well.... its easier to cultivate 1 to 10 pepper plants.. but try 500 to 1000 then you'll understand better

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 10:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Theres diff btw a gardener and a farmer... and pepper variety matters as well.... its easier to cultivate 1 to 10 pepper plants.. but try 500 to 1000 then you'll understand better
hmm
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
Incase you're wondering why you should invest on nursery trays ...

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
I think using raised bed is better compared to nursery tray.. if you'll be willing to go through the stress of transplanting to single grow bags

Both plants from below picture are efia habenaro pepper

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by numen(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
Please how old are these?

Psalmy2cute:
Incase you're wondering why you should invest on nursery trays ...
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
numen:
Please how old are these?

Six weeks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
I think using raised bed is better compared to nursery tray.. if you'll be willing to go through the stress of transplanting to single grow bags

I think re transplanting the seedlings on the raised bed into the nursery trays will be better,that pics of the seedling from the nursery tray is perfect,it will not have issues with transplant shock
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
I think re transplanting the seedlings on the raised bed into the nursery trays will be better,that pics of the seedling from the nursery tray is perfect,it will not have issues with transplant shock
Yes that's just the benefit of nursery tray.. aside that.. I recommend using raised bed and transplant to single grow bag
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
I and my guys did this without any prior experience on how to set up drip tape..

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:41pm On Jan 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tohpeh(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
you're indeed very lucky sir to find a good source for irrigation.

Whats the size of this farm and cost for irrigation?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Tohpeh:
you're indeed very lucky sir to find a good source for irrigation.

Whats the size of this farm and cost for irrigation?

Size, 1 acre
Irrigated 3 plots with 86k excluding water pump
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tohpeh(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Size, 1 acre
Irrigated 3 plots with 86k excluding water pump
that's a huge sum. You'll definitely make your money back smiley
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Hasib04(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Good evening sir /ma, I want to plant pepper this coming raining season just 2000 stands, which varieties should I buy, Pls I need your help about this.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hasib04:

Good evening sir /ma, I want to plant pepper this coming raining season just 2000 stands, which varieties should I buy, Pls I need your help about this.

3 sachets of efia seed at 1500 each should do

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

Viewing this topic: Oluwatosinfaith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.