Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (194042 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:

You guys are the ones who scared me away from buying avenir, I no fit gamble with my money, but the etna f1 germination rate was superb, infact If not for rats I would say I had over 98% germination rate.. so far I have no problem with efia germination rate either.. but comparing it to etna f1, I'll say etna f1 is better
well I have met a lot of agro input sellers, they were majnly of d opinion dt weather nd experience of d farmer affects germination rate of peppers a lot, they suggested mini nethouse 4 d seedlings, need 4 good growth media nd moisture control to avoid damping off
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
TTGIL:
Today, the international trade in pepper is worth a lot of money. Starting pepper export business is one of the most profitable business you can think of in Nigeria. One of the great things about the export business is that it is not limited by a boundary.

You have the potential to make a good fortune from exporting chilies like Atarodo, Sombo, Bawa and Tatase.

Due to its strong and aromatic flavour, pepper is commonly used to give a rich seasoning and colour to food and is also used for medicinal purposes.

The pepper business is a multi-billion dollar global industry and a significant source of revenue for several investors. You too can be one of them.

Read more: http://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/2326/pepper-export#ixzz65u7CUO1A
hw many plots have u cultivated nd what hybrids brands can u recommend, uncle blogger
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:26am On Nov 22, 2019
TTGIL:
Today, the international trade in pepper is worth a lot of money. Starting pepper export business is one of the most profitable business you can think of in Nigeria. One of the great things about the export business is that it is not limited by a boundary.

You have the potential to make a good fortune from exporting chilies like Atarodo, Sombo, Bawa and Tatase.

Due to its strong and aromatic flavour, pepper is commonly used to give a rich seasoning and colour to food and is also used for medicinal purposes.

The pepper business is a multi-billion dollar global industry and a significant source of revenue for several investors. You too can be one of them.

Read more: http://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/2326/pepper-export#ixzz65u7CUO1A
have you finished supplying the local market and your talking of export,in our area we are still selling a painter of fresh pepper #1,000 naira farmgate,
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Pls help o, my pepper nursery aren't doing well, they're two weeks old today and it's as if theyve stopped germinating, they're exactly thesame the past time I checked them, which was early this week, (monday) to be precise

The leaves are facing down, and they're looking very week,

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2019
At this stage, I'm more than willing to toss them away, but before I do, I'd like to know what happened to the nursery..
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:
At this stage, I'm more than willing to toss them away, but before I do, I'd like to know what happened to the nursery..
Things plant needs:
Light (sunlight)
Optimum ventilation
Moist planting medium
Optimum temperature too

Appropriate nutrient too

Bro, nursery management its a 5 unit course on its own alone.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
FMCASH:

Things plant needs:
Light (sunlight)
Optimum ventilation
Moist planting medium
Optimum temperature too

Appropriate nutrient too

Bro, nursery management its a 5 unit course on its own alone.
I'm confident all of this were sufficient for the nursery.. I just dont know where I went wrong
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:

I'm confident all of this were sufficient for the nursery.. I just dont know where I went wrong
anything outside this, I can't relate
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by OluchiDelly: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:

Don't you think @delarue has for seen this challenge you are having
DeLaRue:

The emerging seeds are desperate for light...you can see that from the tray in the bottom picture.

You need to move your trays to a shaded location with plenty more light. Otherwise your will end up with leggy seedlings.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pepper nursery no b moimoi
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tpben: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Sunlight
Growing medium

I suspect sunlight, that's why they are growing spindly.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
tpben:
Sunlight
Growing medium

I suspect sunlight, that's why they are growing spindly.
Too much sunlight?? Or too little??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeLaRue: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:

Certainly not the light part.

I'm looking at your latest pictures and the place is still dark Take these things away from their present location and put them where there's plenty of light.

I note also that your planting material always seem to be wet. Allow the material to dry up from time to time before adding water. Peppers don't like their oots permanently wet.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeLaRue: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Looking at it more closely, it seems your planting material is cocopeat?

If yes, then you need to be even more careful about watering these seedlings because cocopeat hold on to water much longer than most types of sand. So, water only after the surface has gone patently dry.

Once you move them to a location with better light, and they stabilize after a day or two, you should consider fertilizing them with a solution of 1 tablespoon of urea to 4 litres of water every week for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

That should invigorate them. If it doesn't, then it could be that the seeds lost their vigour long before you planted them.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Mrkellz: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
we have done a batch that was topped and already flowering before it was transplanted out on the field,I guess it can stay 3 -4 weeks maximum before it became root bound.

How many weeks before flowering?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by OluchiDelly: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
DeLaRue:
Looking at it more closely, it seems your planting material is cocopeat?

If yes, then you need to be even more careful about watering these seedlings because cocopeat hold on to water much longer than most types of sand. So, water only after the surface has gone patently dry.

Once you move them to a location with better light, and they stabilize after a day or two, you should consider fertilizing them with a solution of 1 tablespoon of urea to 4 litres of water every week for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

That should invigorate them. If it doesn't, then it could be that the seeds lost their vigour long before you planted them.

Bro I mailed u many weeks ago, I ve not seen ur reply.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tpben: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Too much sunlight?? Or too little??
Very little sunlight.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Mrkellz: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
don't even think about that trust me it will not work,the farm will be doomed before even starting,most most pepper fruits you will get in the market is hybrid and if you recycle the seed it' will not work properly and other fruits will be from old farms that are already infected by numerous diseases and from those seeds you pass the infection to your farm,just forget about that idea,go and get technisem Safi it's cheap.

How do I get the "Safi" variety because they don't have a lot of seed in Benin city. Don't see people doing much else than cassava.Lol
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
DeLaRue:

Certainly not the light part.

I'm looking at your latest pictures and the place is still dark Take these things away from their present location and put them where there's plenty of light.

I note also that your planting material always seem to be wet. Allow the material to dry up from time to time before adding water. Peppers don't like their oots permanently wet.

Point taken, thanks alot, I appreciate everyone's input
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Started afresh today mixed my cocopeat with dry cow manure ... and the nursery will be outdoor this time around

Ten nursery trays for today, another 15 trays will be added by this time next week

This is a experience I'll never forget, like play, 12k worth of pepper seeds enter voice mail...

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Mrkellz:

How do I get the "Safi" variety because they don't have a lot of seed in Benin city. Don't see people doing much else than cassava.Lol
it is not a must that you will get the seed in Benin ,it can be waybilled all over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Started afresh today mixed my cocopeat with dry cow manure ... and the nursery will be outdoor this time around

Ten nursery trays for today, another 15 trays will be added by this time next week

This is a experience I'll never forget, like play, 12k worth of pepper seeds enter voice mail...
pls how do you remove seedling from nursery tray,does it have openings under that the root ball can pop out,or will it be scooped out physical with something like spoon,I am just looking at that seed traye,seems to me it will cause more transplant shock tl
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
pls how do you remove seedling from nursery tray,does it have openings under that the root ball can pop out,or will it be scooped out physical with something like spoon,I am just looking at that seed traye,seems to me it will cause more transplant shock tl

Seedlings tray is the most convenient way for transplanting your seedlings, and you can easily calculate the germination rate.. all you have to do is pull the plant by the base stem when the plant is atleast 4 weeks old to get it out of the tray

And theres also an opening beneath the tray which allows you to push the plant upward with a stick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 11:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:

Seedlings tray is the most convenient way for transplanting your seedlings, and you can easily calculate the germination rate.. all you have to do is pull the plant by the base stem when the plant is atleast 4 weeks old to get it out of the tray

And theres also an opening beneath the tray which allows you to push the plant upward with a stick
hmm,so if you pull it,it will pop out easily from the tray,how much did you get the tray and how many cells it contains?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
okoroemeka:
hmm,so if you pull it,it will pop out easily from the tray,how much did you get the tray and how many cells it contains?
each seedling tray @ 550 naira and 128 cells each.. if you cant get seedling tray, use disposable plastic cups .. but make sure to create several opening beneath the cup
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Psalm4kute:
each seedling tray @ 550 naira and 128 cells each.. if you cant get seedling tray, use disposable plastic cups .. but make sure to create several opening beneath the cup
can you buy and waybill to me,we are gearing up for our pepper project,let us try 15 trays to see how it will go
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 24, 2019
okoroemeka:
can you buy and waybill to me,we are gearing up for our pepper project,let us try 15 trays to see how it will go
I can buy it for you o, but waybilling is the problem, I've never done waybilling before and I'll have to find motoparks that are going to the east from abeokuta, it would've been easier If I was in lagos
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by orpeeh: 4:25am On Nov 24, 2019
okoroemeka:
since palm4cute can't waybill, why don't you try agritropic(technisem) representative in Ibadan I think they have such product and can
easily waybill to you

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
If you're not careful you will lost this nursery again. I've lost 50grams of Etna, 10gram of padma, 5gram of loleza etc to nursery mismanagement and I'm still learning. I almost lost 10grams of espartano yellow sweet pepper to dry manure applications. Lot of experience in nursery management.

Insight: put another shade net on top of that nursery because we are in dry season and intense heat will destroy your nursery in that nursery crate. I had 20 nursery crate abandon. Protected Raised bed nursery its okay by me, thanks.

Psalm4kute:

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Pls help o, my pepper nursery aren't doing well, they're two weeks old today and it's as if theyve stopped germinating, they're exactly thesame the past time I checked them, which was early this week, (monday) to be precise

The leaves are facing down, and they're looking very week,

When you bought this nursery crate then if I told you not to use it, it will seems I don't know what I'm saying
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
okoroemeka:
hope you're ready to build a mini net house or green house
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Psalm4kute:

raised bed is the best for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.