Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (194534 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
ogbongenet:
Epsom salt as a foliar spray or soil additive will help tomato and pepper plants grow and produce larger, tastier yields.

Late in the season use an Epsom salt spray to increase tomato and pepper yield and keep plants green and bushy; early in the season add Epsom salt to the soil to aid germination, early root and cell development, photosynthesis, plant growth, and to prevent blossom-end rot.

Epsom salt is not actually salt but a natural mineral compound of about 10 percent magnesium and about 13 percent sulfur—often referred to as magnesium-sulfate. Epsom salt is highly soluble and easily taken in by plants when combined with water and sprayed on leaves. As a soil additive, Epsom salt becomes soluble with soil moisture and is drawn up into plants through the roots.

A magnesium or sulfur deficiency in the soil can cause tomato and pepper plants to grow small and spindly, leaves to yellow between leaf veins late in the season, and fruit to be slow in maturing and ripening.
Where can I get this Epsom salt?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
freshrose:

Where can I get this Epsom salt?
Go to any chemist store near you, or pharmacy
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2020
freshrose:

Thanks so very much.
Psalmy2cute:

Thanks so very much.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 3:09am On Feb 19, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

please sir,
how much is this epsom salt sold in the pharmacy?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 3:11am On Feb 19, 2020
freshrose:

Thanks so very much.

it seems epsom salt worked so well on your plants,

just wanted to know how much you bought it from the pharmacy store?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2020
mirabel9:

It's N100 per sachet - 5g
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:39am On Feb 19, 2020
mirabel9:

please sir,
how much is this epsom salt sold in the pharmacy?
100 naira for 0.25g
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2020
mirabel9:

I have not used Epsom salt in that picture.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 9:08am On Feb 19, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

100 naira for 0.25g
N100 for 25g.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:00am On Feb 19, 2020
freshrose:

N100 for 25g.
yes
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 11:34am On Feb 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
first of all the 1200kg harvest is it a once harvest,weekly or total yield from the pepper farm, because a bag of pepper is roughly 15-20kg so you see 1200 kg is a lot almost 50-60 bags,also the 1680 crops for 100 ft×50ft land I think maybe it will work in my dreams because the closest spacing you can dare with a hybrid variety like that is 90cm,we used 100cm spacing in our avenir hybrid farm still no space at all,if you even use 60cm spacing on 100×50ft land what you will get is 500-600 crops max,a vigorous hybrid habanero pepper like that RZ seed that will be topped will be planted with nothing less than 4 feet spacing or least management will be difficult because there will be no space to enter and spray or harvest,you can try closer spacing of 60cm with heirloom varieties like efia,Safi or Cameron pepper,if you try that with a properly topped hybrid pepper sorry will be your second name.

Good day sir Okoroemeka, I had a visit to a green house farm that measured 48 by 8 meter.The yeild they harvest is almost unbelievable that I had to see with my own eyes.they harvest apprx 200kg from 460 stands of pepper per harvest.in fact I didn't know that pepper could also require serious staking until I say this variety, despite the staking,some of the branches were still breaking due to heavy fruit load.Although the seeds go for 25000k per 1000seed.buh u need to try it,after calling dizengolf head office, they told me that it s an open field variety buh can be grown indoor.
Even if open field yeild 20-30% less,it s still going to be a good yeild

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
The name of the pepper is super habanero f1
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
Yungbrym:

Good day sir Okoroemeka, I had a visit to a green house farm that measured 48 by 8 meter.The yeild they harvest is almost unbelievable that I had to see with my own eyes.they harvest apprx 200kg from 460 stands of pepper per harvest.in fact I didn't know that pepper could also require serious staking until I say this variety, despite the staking,some of the branches were still breaking due to heavy fruit load.Although the seeds go for 25000k per 1000seed.buh u need to try it,after calling dizengolf head office, they told me that it s an open field variety buh can be grown indoor.
if you buy 1000 seeds for 25k .. all things been equal as an habenaro pepper seed.. you'll end up with less than 50 to 40% of the seedlings after 6 weeks to 8 weeks of nursing the seedlings ... isnt the price a bit too much considering the fact that we all know not all the seedlings will survive the nursery stage?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

if you buy 1000 seeds for 25k .. all things been equal as an habenaro pepper seed.. you'll end up with less than 50 to 40% of the seedlings after 6 weeks to 8 weeks of nursing the seedlings ... isnt the price a bit too much considering the fact that we all know not all the seedlings will survive the nursery stage?
Ure right, buh the farm manager said they usually have more than 95% germination rate and they don't experience transplant shock BC they move it to the greenhouse and dey use coco- peat.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2020
Ure right, buh the farm manager said they usually have more than 95% germination rate and they don't experience transplant shock BC they move it to the greenhouse and dey use coco- peat.[/quote]
They buy the seeds from dizengolf directly and dizengolf already trained them of the germination and other necessary process like transplanting..
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2020
Yungbrym:
Ure right, buh the farm manager said they usually have more than 95% germination rate and they don't experience transplant shock BC they move it to the greenhouse and dey use coco- peat.
They buy the seeds from dizengolf directly and dizengolf already trained them of the germination and other necessary process like transplanting..

please I will like to have your contact. thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yungbrym:

what you will understand is that a well managed pepper plant is almost very prolific in production either hybrid or opv,give it good soil, nutrients,protect it from diseases and have a proactive management in place you will be surprised what they can yield, everything comes down to good management,if you have an exotic variety at a high cost and don't know how to prevent viral disease of pepper,or didn't plan for proper staking it will be useless,also a crop not properly topped will be having problems with branches breaking under heavy load.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yungbrym:

germination rate isn't seedling survival... if you're ever planning to do pepper, dont be deceived into buying expensive seeds on your first try.. infact buy local opv seeds and treat them like hybrid seeds.. buy from local farmers around you and see for yourself.. else you'll be frustrated before you even transplant into the field.. I'm saying this from experience
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
first of all the 1200kg harvest is it a once harvest,weekly or total yield from the pepper farm, because a bag of pepper is roughly 15-20kg so you see 1200 kg is a lot almost 50-60 bags,also the 1680 crops for 100 ft×50ft land I think maybe it will work in my dreams because the closest spacing you can dare with a hybrid variety like that is 90cm,we used 100cm spacing in our avenir hybrid farm still no space at all,if you even use 60cm spacing on 100×50ft land what you will get is 500-600 crops max,a vigorous hybrid habanero pepper like that RZ seed that will be topped will be planted with nothing less than 4 feet spacing or least management will be difficult because there will be no space to enter and spray or harvest,you can try closer spacing of 60cm with heirloom varieties like efia,Safi or Cameron pepper,if you try that with a properly topped hybrid pepper sorry will be your second name.
sir any idea what the problem is with this plant? it's a habenaro pepper plant
the emerging leaves are shivering.. I've been battling white flies.. only to come to my farm and see this, beneath the leaves are clean

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by my2chains(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

germination rate isn't seedling survival... if you're ever planning to do pepper, dont be deceived into buying expensive seeds on your first try.. infact buy local opv seeds and treat them like hybrid seeds.. buy from local farmers around you and see for yourself.. else you'll be frustrated before you even transplant into the field.. I'm saying this from experience

indeed you are very much correct,
pepper nursery is indeed one of the hardest been a farmer,

you simply need to take out time to really understand it expectially the watering process,

the next i will embark on will be using bottom watering as i have watched on youtube
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
just have a good fungicide ready because of damping off, immediately after germination it will strike,if you see them falling down just reduce the irrigation frequency or skip a day and spray with fungicide like zforce it works.
Where can I get this Z FORCE and how much does cost?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
freshrose:

Where can I get this Z FORCE and how much does cost?
U can contact seedworld or any chemical store near u,I think its 250 per small sachet
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yungbrym:

U can contact seedworld or any chemical store near u,I think its 250 per small sachet
Thanks so very much
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2020
ogbongenet:
Well done ma people,no dulling moment.. Thanks for keeping the trend alive. I have been so busy in the bush plugging money from the trees lol.
Pepper na sure deal though the price has dropped but very soon the price will soar again.
I'm preparing a seedlings for one my client from the east(9000 habanero stands).
any alternative to avenir F1 nw
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
see efia habenaro during transplant and 3 weeks after..

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
I came across this pepper in the kitchen today,what amazed me is the size of the pepper,they were just to large to be ata rodo,Dpes OPV grow this large or is it probably an hybrid

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Yungbrym:
I came across this pepper in the kitchen today,what amazed me is the size of the pepper,they were just to large to be ata rodo,Dpes OPV grow this large or is it probably an hybrid
during the Christmas celebration, I saw local opvs from the north far bigger than this
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Jove2012:

please I will like to have your contact. thanks

Zero nine zero three six eight eight four three four two
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

during the Christmas celebration, I saw local opvs from the north far bigger than this
So does it means if the local opv are treated well,they will yeild close result to the hybrid?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Yungbrym:

So does it means if the local opv are treated well,they will yeild close result to the hybrid?
theres alot of things that makes an hybrid plant, it's not just about the yeild.. theres shelve live, resistance to diseases.. ability to manage long period of drought.. local opv may not give exactly what an hybrid can offer.. but what you'll get from it will be worth the effort.. local farmers dont use much chemicals.. nor manure of any form.. they'll even tell you, youre wasting your money when they see you using them.. but still they're able to produce enough that it compels them to farm pepper each season.. now think what will happen when you give same local opv an hybrid treatment
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Yungbrym: 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

theres alot of things that makes an hybrid plant, it's not just about the yeild.. theres shelve live, resistance to diseases.. ability to manage long period of drought.. local opv may not give exactly what an hybrid can offer.. but what you'll get from it will be worth the effort.. local farmers dont use much chemicals.. nor manure of any form.. they'll even tell you, youre wasting your money when they see you using them.. but still they're able to produce enough that it compels them to farm pepper each season.. now think what will happen when you give same local opv an hybrid treatment
True,I think it all comes down to good agricultural practice
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Mrkellz: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I share your thoughts on this.im planning shombo on an acre with drip tape and fertigation.lets see what happens.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.