Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (194531 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 7:06am On Feb 24, 2020
Who will like to share Avenir F1 50 grams with me? A recent production batch was just released , expiration is 2023.From agrotropics store

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
Intendy:
Who will like to share Avenir F1 50
grams with me? A recent production batch was just
released , expiration is 2023.From agrotropics store
how much are they selling the 50 gram can
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Hasib04(m): 6:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Nursery are now 4 days and few hours old.. and they're doing far better than expected.. so far I can say I have over 80% germination

Good morning, sorry did you use only cocopeat or you mixed it with sand?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2020
okoroemeka:
how much are they selling the 50 gram can

Got the seed for #25,500

trying to attach pictures
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Moneyfirst: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Intendy:

Got the seed for #25,500
trying to attach pictures
Where bro?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 10:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Moneyfirst:

Where bro?

From Kano tru a friend ,down to Ogun state
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Moneyfirst: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2020
Intendy:

From Kano tru a friend ,down to Ogun state

Okay.

They rather recommend their sales outlets nearest to you than send to you.

You only get it if you have someone living dia.

Is the 25k way bill inclusive?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2020
Moneyfirst:

Okay.
They rather recommend their sales outlets nearest to you than send to you.
You only get it if you have someone living dia.
Is the 25k way bill inclusive?
Yes. but I've bought some seeds directly from them no hassles
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Moneyfirst: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Intendy:

Yes. but I've bought some seeds directly from them no hassles
Okay bro.
Use the seed and report back on germination rate sir.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by GemAgro45: 8:01am On Feb 27, 2020
Might just be interested in about a thousand seeds.
How do we link up?

Intendy:
Who will like to share Avenir F1 50
grams with me? A recent production batch was just
released , expiration is 2023.From agrotropics store
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2020
GemAgro45:
Might just be interested in about a thousand seeds.
How do we link up?

Send me a PM sir.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:29am On Feb 29, 2020
first buds are now visible after 76 days of sowing seeds

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:33am On Feb 29, 2020
local opv already flowering

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by numen(m): 3:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hi,

Did you top/prune this plant?

Psalmy2cute:
local opv already flowering
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 3:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
numen:
Hi,

Did you top/prune this plant?

I didnt prune..
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 4:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
as much as if like to prune my plants, I'm confused on how to go about it.. do I cut of the tip of every branch on this plant?? it seems like a lot of work

1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good day and happy weekend house. Please, what could be responsible for this yellow patches on these pepper plants.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
freshrose:
Good day and happy weekend house. Please, what could be responsible for this yellow patches on these pepper plants.
what kind of pepper did you plant?? the leaves dont look familiar

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
freshrose:

These ain't pepper plants, they look like mint leaves or probably you have been nursing weeds

3 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 9:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
ifedola28:

These ain't pepper plants, they look like mint leaves or probably you have been nursing weeds
hahahaha!! this is definitely very hilarious grin
ifedola28:

hahahaha!! this is definitely very hilarious

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
as much as if like to prune my plants, I'm confused on how to go about it.. do I cut of the tip of every branch on this plant?? it seems like a lot of work
From my little experience so far, I will prune only plants that start flowering when they are still short. I will just remove all the flowers and young fruits by cutting the tip of the branches. But make sure u don't prune below the y-branch. Excess prunning will lead to gigantic plants that will waste pesticides without any increase in yield.
U see all those branches below the Y branch? Remove all of them because they easily break off when loaded with fruits or under wind pressure.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
FarmTech:

From my little experience so far, I will prune only plants that start flowering when they are still short. I will just remove all the flowers and young fruits by cutting the tip of the branches. But make sure u don't prune below the y-branch. Excess prunning will lead to gigantic plants that will waste pesticides without any increase in yield.
U see all those branches below the Y branch? Remove all of them because they easily break off when loaded with fruits or under wind pressure.
ok, thanks for the advice.. but at the same time.. what is the negative effect of not removing them?? will it stunt the plant growth.. I've also watched a video where I saw farmers removing branches below the y branch.. but the video is not in English and that was done for chilli pepper.. so I though it may be different case for habenaro plant
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
freshrose:
I have some pepper nursery plant which I can give you.. if you'll be able to come get them... we newbies have to encourage one another
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
freshrose:
you probably planted pepper, but the seeds didnt germinate.. instead weeds started to grow. and you thought the weeds are your pepper seedlings.. I can only imagine your frustration.....

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 11:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
In fact, the real word to describe me is novice. I have diligently been nursing them. More than hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 11:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
I have some pepper nursery plant which I can give you.. if you'll be able to come get them... we newbies have to encourage one another
Will get in touch. Thanks so very much
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
ok, thanks for the advice.. but at the same time.. what is the negative effect of not removing them?? will it stunt the plant growth.. I've also watched a video where I saw farmers removing branches below the y branch.. but the video is not in English and that was done for chilli pepper.. so I though it may be different case for habenaro plant
If plants that are too young start bearing fruit, they will likely be stunted or yield will be lower. I think this kind of pruning applies to all peppers.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
I've heard from farmers in my area, that south westerners dont patronize big rodo pepper like avenir, etna etc.. they claim chemical applications makes it big in size and they prefer smaller sized pepper which is mainly the local opv pepper, pls farmers in the house, how true this?? what's your experience?? Fmcash, farmtech ogbongonet
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
first buds are now visible after 76 days of sowing seeds

Lucky you. These are 62 days after transplanting. Watching out for them to start flowering.

How man ha are your peppers?

Pepper type - Avenir F1

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
codeQue:

Lucky you. These are 62 days after transplanting. Watching out for them to start flowering.

How man ha are your peppers?

Pepper type - Avenir F1

I did just 3 plots.. I planted efia opv mixed with local opv.. your plants should be flowering anytime soon.. what's the plants age from seedling??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I did just 3 plots.. I planted efia opv mixed with local opv.. your plants should be flowering anytime soon.. what's the plants age from seedling??

97 days.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
codeQue:

97 days.
how did you handle whiteflies on such a large farm?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.