Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193437 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 7:40pm On May 29, 2020
Donbran101:
@emekaokoro...
Pls can I have your number, want to chat u privately bro
always available for farmers ,WhatsApp 08119942049
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 7:45pm On May 29, 2020
Intendy:
The current state of our pepper farm. Very short and already flowering. I prunned 90% , the 10% left is to compare production. 1,982 stands of Avenir f1. We sold over ,4000 seedlings. I do really appreciate this house
kudos,that pics is a very healthy pepper crop,I think you should apply urea fertilizer at this stage for incredible growth, remember your fungicides,check leaf underside,track, uproot and dispose any plant showing signs of abnormality,leaf crinking or wilting.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
the special fungicides mix is not for public consumption,the formula is a secret mix of fungicides and insecticides that farmers around mambilla uses to cure and clear pepper diseases,WhatsApp me ,it's strictly on a need to know basis.
Ok.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2020
okoroemeka:
kudos,that pics is a very healthy pepper crop,I think you should apply urea fertilizer at this stage for incredible growth, remember your fungicides,check leaf underside,track, uproot and dispose any plant showing signs of abnormality,leaf crinking or wilting.
My pepper update @ 3 months and 20 days.
1 stand already got a ripped fruit .....
We will also talk about space maximizing or utility
where you have additional crop e.g Okro, Maize or
Cassava on some heap on or bed especially if you
want e.g pepper to cover your land portion but don't
want to divide it.
It will be an open debate and how practicable is it.
Am doing it for the first time
Pix will be sent on the ones I have on some of my
pepper heap
Thanks

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 10:14am On May 30, 2020
okoroemeka:

thank you sir
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 11:12am On May 30, 2020
okoroemeka:
sprinkler irrigation is the worst thing for a vegetable farm except maybe ugwu,we tried raingun and hurriedly packed it away,the fastest way to ring dinner bell for foliar disease on cucumbers,pepper,etc is constant wetness of leafs,the best form of irrigation for crops like that is drip or hand watering targeted at the stem,also that seed extraction technique,do you know that 60-70% of pepper disease also infect the fruits and subsequently the seeds,if you extract seeds from a hybrid crop,an old farm that has a 100% chance of been left to diseases that seedling is already doomed before starting,almost all common pepper diseases and viral infections are all found in the seeds from antracnose, bacterial leaf spot to viral mosaic disease(leaf curling),so the best defense against disease starts from the seeds and extracting seeds without proper checks is simply not a good idea,the small advantage in reducing cost will be wiped off by high application of fungicides and subsequent loss to high disease pressure,pls be guided.
1. The quote about the sprinkler irrigation wasn't me that put up that solution, I was only trying to quote some one else and ended up mistakingly quoting that post, but even at dat, I know and I have practical farmer friends who don't use drip but use only sprinkler tubes in their farm, ( even using it to produce the almighty tomatoes in Rivers State here, the citadel of foliar diseases )and yet are very successful at it. So maybe u are missing out on some things in it's usage ( am no other saying drip isn't d best though, but here, some prefer spray tubes to drip and it has never given them issues)
2. I don't think I mentioned extraction of hybrid seeds in my post. Please check well, the fruits are from a farmer friend that has been planting that pepper for some time now. In as much as I am still trying to experiment on avenier fruits to see what happens, ( coz one of their sales personnel told me that it will give me good result and I even suspect dats y dey rip customers head for one tin dat it's germination is 50/50) but I can't come here and start writing about it coz am not yet sure of the out come....
...But wait a minute, I read on this thread or maybe ur own thread where u told us u r going back to your farmer friend dat plants avenier f1 to get recycled seeds so how far about that .
Infact that testimony of yours was what made me remember what d tecnicem rep told me and even made me wanna try experimenting on avenier in particular to see how it goes. But I never told anyone here to extract hybrid seeds but local opv seeds from healthy plants, planted by farmers arround their locality is what I endorsed.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 12:32pm On May 30, 2020
Dubem50:

1. The quote about the sprinkler irrigation wasn't me that put up that solution, I was only trying to quote some one else and ended up mistakingly quoting that post, but even at dat, I know and I have practical farmer friends who don't use drip but use only sprinkler tubes in their farm, ( even using it to produce the almighty tomatoes in Rivers State here, the citadel of foliar diseases )and yet are very successful at it. So maybe u are missing out on some things in it's usage ( am no other saying drip isn't d best though, but here, some prefer spray tubes to drip and it has never given them issues)
2. I don't think I mentioned extraction of hybrid seeds in my post. Please check well, the fruits are from a farmer friend that has been planting that pepper for some time now. In as much as I am still trying to experiment on avenier fruits to see what happens, ( coz one of their sales personnel told me that it will give me good result and I even suspect dats y dey rip customers head for one tin dat it's germination is 50/50) but I can't come here and start writing about it coz am not yet sure of the out come....
...But wait a minute, I read on this thread or maybe ur own thread where u told us u r going back to your farmer friend dat plants avenier f1 to get recycled seeds so how far about that .
Infact that testimony of yours was what made me remember what d tecnicem rep told me and even made me wanna try experimenting on avenier in particular to see how it goes. But I never told anyone here to extract hybrid seeds but local opv seeds from healthy plants, planted by farmers arround their locality is what I endorsed.

Except for some previous batches of Avenir. I got over 90% germination and still survived. planted close to 2,000 sold around 5,000 seedlings band have out seeds to some friends which is also doing fine. that's bnotva rip off to me
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 3:40pm On May 30, 2020
Intendy:

Except for some previous batches of Avenir. I got over 90% germination and still survived. planted close to 2,000 sold around 5,000 seedlings band have out seeds to some friends which is also doing fine. that's bnotva rip off to me
Dat particular batch dat didn't germinate is what I call a rip off when u can't get value for ur cash at the time u want it, this is one of the things that drives protista mad with these our seed suppliers. grin grin
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 9:44pm On May 30, 2020
Dubem50:

Dat particular batch dat didn't germinate is what I call a rip off when u can't get value for ur cash at the time u want it, this is one of the things that drives protista mad with these our seed suppliers. grin grin

but bakers brother's opv also didn't germinate at all for some peeps.

it could happen to any seed, be it hybrid, opv , locally sorted too
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
please what could be wrong with this my pepper plant

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 10:34pm On May 31, 2020
veggieman2be:

My pepper update @ 3 months and 20 days.
1 stand already got a ripped fruit .....
We will also talk about space maximizing or utility
where you have additional crop e.g Okro, Maize or
Cassava on some heap on or bed especially if you
want e.g pepper to cover your land portion but don't
want to divide it.
It will be an open debate and how practicable is it.
Am doing it for the first time
Pix will be sent on the ones I have on some of my
pepper heap
Thanks
I have Cocoyam on the pepper heap pepper will go and give way for it to keep growing. When the lCocoyam leaves are too wide while still 2geda with d pepper I can either bend them or cut them off later they will grow.
I also have Okro and maize maize will go and pepper will keep producing.
What do u guys think
Scroll up to see the pictures including the ripening pepper stand
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Choiceagric(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Hi all,
Please,do we have anyone that have agrotropic office address or their contact phone number,pls it is urgent
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Choiceagric:
Hi all,
Please,do we have anyone that have agrotropic office address or their contact phone number,pls it is urgent
Ur location
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
What might be the cause of pepper leave suddenly becoming thin at the top and the leave no longer full
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
veggieman2be:
What might be the cause of pepper leave suddenly becoming thin at the top and the leave no longer full
try getting plantix app...here u will post ur enquiry there with pictures. Started using it few days ago and it's been great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
@ Teetunz64 and codeQue the pepper has arrived I mean the bakker brothers but I noticed that the place the write the expire date is on a sticker on the pepper tin.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Teetunz64(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Let's see the pics of the tin or sachet
nzedon2:
@ Teetunz64 and codeQue the pepper has arrived I mean the bakker brothers but I noticed that the place the write the expire date is on a sticker on the pepper tin.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
nzedon2:

Where can one get it in Ibadan or Ogun state
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Adeoye007(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
You can get it in Solokad in ogunpa, Ibadan
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
I was at bodija international market today to get first hand information. A bag of pepper( flour bag) 24k and a basket for 5k... picture attached

1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
The big basket of Tomato was sold 2k ...

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
ogbongenet:
I was at bodija international market today to get first hand information. A bag of pepper( flour bag) 24k and a basket for 5k... picture attached
hmm,na waa oo!pepper is the crop to beat this year, imagine #24k for a flour bag,last year we have a farm that is producing 5-7 bags consistently every 4 days and it was sold then for #6-7k, imagine if we have such farn now.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
ogbongenet:
The big basket of Tomato was sold 2k ...
It's cheap at 2,000 but very watery.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by OluchiDelly: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

It's cheap at 2,000 but very watery.

It's local breed.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2020
OluchiDelly:

It's local breed.
I wonder why farmers still plant this!
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
[img][/img]
Teetunz64:
[img]
Teetunz64:
[/img]
Teetunz64:
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Teetunz64:

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Teetunz64:
so what do you have to say about it?

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 9:00am On Jun 06, 2020
What is happening to pepper farm this year. Leaf shrinking and flowering and fruiting slowing and even halting is it d lack of rain and what is d remedy
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
veggieman2be:
What is happening to pepper farm this year. Leaf shrinking and flowering and fruiting slowing and even halting is it d lack of rain and what is d remedy
when there's no enough water for plant to survive... Farming this get as e be,the rain is not reliable at all . I help a friend transplanted some pepper seedlings(like than 1000 stands) on Monday,till Friday there's no rain ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.