Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193189 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2020
HornyTave:

weekly
I have never really noticed, but I suspect 10-15 matured rabbits would fill up that quantity in less than a week
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 11:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Oyadorf:
The quantity of urine produced depends on what you feed your rabbit with. I remember when i fed my rabbits with watermelon rinds for a whole day ,they were just urinating every 5minutes

was there a negative health complication as a result of the watermelon feed
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2020
ideepaul:
I have never really noticed, but I suspect 10-15 matured rabbits would fill up that quantity in less than a week

Following your design whats the cost of constructing a hutch for 15 rabbit
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
HornyTave:

Following your design whats the cost of constructing a hutch for 15 rabbit
I don't buy normal wood, but what they call "condemn wood". nothing with it, just that it's not acceptable generally, but that's what carpenters buy for projects to save cost. so I won't be in the position to estimate price, and secondly, I build it on my own, so no labour cost. I will try to come up with something concrete and useful before tomorrow morning, please be patient with me
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
ideepaul:

I don't buy normal wood, but what they call "condemn wood". nothing with it, just that it's not acceptable generally, but that's what carpenters buy for projects to save cost. so I won't be in the position to estimate price, and secondly, I build it on my own, so no labour cost. I will try to come up with something concrete and useful before tomorrow morning, please be patient with me

thank you.
I'll be waiting
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by uche393: 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
HornyTave:

thank you.
I'll be waiting
you need a cage that has net under and urine collector (plastic roofing sheet)
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2020
uche393:

you need a cage that has net under and urine collector (plastic roofing sheet)

I know of that. I'm asking of the hutches especially the mesh net
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2020
HornyTave:

thank you.
I'll be waiting
U
You will need
22-27 pieces of 2*2 polines
4 pieces of 2*3 for the main support
30 hinges for the doors
60 pieces of capper nails for the hinge
1 roll of wire-nesh with large openings(buying full roll is economical)
7-9metre long aluminium pan or any suitable material for urine collector( don't use Nigerian zinc material because the urine will destroy it quickly)
½",1", 1½", 2", 3" nails ( I don't buy nails, so I can't help with how many pounds you will need)
Search Google for favourable designs as it is dependent on space, available materials, and management practices
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Oyadorf(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
HornyTave:

was there a negative health complication as a result of the watermelon feed
It doesn't have negative health complication but its not advisable because the watermelon rind is a source of vitamin and it doesn't give the energy and protein requirement of the rabbit.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oyadorf:
It doesn't have negative health complication but its not advisable because the watermelon rind is a source of vitamin and it doesn't give the energy and protein requirement of the rabbit.

it can act as suppliment
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2020
Please, can one spray Ugu vegetable with Laraforce gold and SAAF Fungicide
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Oyadorf(m): 12:30am On Jun 20, 2020
HornyTave:

it can act as suppliment
Yes,best description.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
My people I have some Noiler chicken for sale in case you need just hala me on 08060115253

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
What treatment can be applied to a pepper stand that is already fruiting but infected by Root knot Nematode
Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by austinomd(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
I think Laraforce gold is a systemic chemical and that is not too good since it's the leaves that will be consumed, You should get organic insecticides like neem and many other solutions instead of that. and for the fungicide, i think most ugu diseases only affect plants lacking nutrients, cut off the affected leaves and apply urea, if symptoms persists, then the big bosses in the house will advice further.

How big is your ugu farm?

freshrose:
Please, can one spray Ugu vegetable with Laraforce gold and SAAF Fungicide

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:00am On Jun 24, 2020
veggieman2be:
What treatment can be applied to a pepper stand that is already fruiting but infected by Root knot Nematode
Thanks
nematodes maybe difficult to treat if the crops are already infected,that is why soil treatment is done before planting,but you can still use wormforce and hope for the best,also the survival of a farm starts from the seeds,that's why we used avenir pepper as the foundation stock for our yellow scorpion and red scorpion varieties because it is resistant to nematodes of any type
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
okoroemeka:
nematodes maybe difficult to treat if the crops are already infected,that is why soil treatment is done before planting,but you can still use wormforce and hope for the best,also the survival of a farm starts from the seeds,that's why we used avenir pepper as the foundation stock for our yellow scorpion and red scorpion varieties because it is resistant to nematodes of any type
Thanks boss.
I will try d worm force.
Also how can 1 identify nematode before transplanting because some1 told me it was already infected before I transplanted but I checked d root before transplanting except the ones in nursery nylon
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
veggieman2be:

Thanks boss.
I will try d worm force.
Also how can 1 identify nematode before transplanting because some1 told me it was already infected before I transplanted but I checked d root before transplanting except the ones in nursery nylon
also that is the main reason to burn firewood on top of were you want to do nursery to sterilze the soil,if you see round nodes on the roots then nematodes is there,but you could have avioded all this by planting a variety that is resistant to nematodes
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
okoroemeka:
Is the Cameron pepper resistant to nematodes?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Rightchooser1(m): 4:49am On Jun 25, 2020
NEW FERTILIZER PRODUCT INTRODUCTION (For crops,birds (poultry) and fish

Dear sir/ma

I ,Afolaranmi habeeb,director of sales working at GNLD/NEOLIFE international.I'm writing this letter to propose our agro organic fertilizer called SUPERGRO.

SUPERGRO is most used by Nigeria farmers as source of fertilizer to protect and Increase growth of their agricultural farm produce.It's a natural wetting agent,penetrable,spreader and sticker that has no chemical.it increase the production of food and cash crop.

Key Benefits

Optimises water use by overcoming water repellancy, increasing the rate of soil penetration.Reduces run-off and evaporation.Compatible with agricultural aids and can improve the performance of pesticides, insecticides and fertilisers.

Details

Non-toxic, non-caustic and non-flammable making it safe and easy to handle and use.Very concentrated and economical, mixed with water in a dilution of 1:1000.Suitable for use on all indoor and outdoor vegetation.

Usage

Add 1 ml of Super Gro to 1 litre of water.

I look forward to your response of purchasing.If you have questions regarding this product,please do not hesistate to contact me through my whatsapp number +2348146755277..

Sizes: 1litre and 5ltr keg

Endorse by the vice president of Nigeria prof Yemi osibanjo

Thanks.
AFOLARANMI HABEEB

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:13am On Jun 25, 2020
FarmTech:

Is the Cameron pepper resistant to nematodes?
yes of course
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
okoroemeka:
also that is the main reason to burn firewood on top of were you want to do nursery to sterilze the soil,if you see round nodes on the roots then nematodes is there,but you could have avioded all this by planting a variety that is resistant to nematodes
I did that, if u check my thread u will see d pictorial illustration of d burn fire. Am surprised that nematode came around
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 5:50am On Jun 28, 2020
Please where can i get this scent leaf seeds in lagos? And how many months does it takes to mature for harvest thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2020
mirabel9:
Please where can i get this scent leaf seeds in lagos? And how many months does it takes to mature for harvest thanks
Growing from stem cuttings will be faster as seeds takes long time to germinate and mature.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
ogbongenet:
You are correct to some extent, during raining season the quantity of pepper that comes in from the North is very minimal and farmers producing in the south battle with fungal infection. Most farmers don't apply fungicide to their pepper due to lack of knowledge, this makes price of pepper to go up some time in the raining season but most of the time it sells most in the dry season. Thanks
bro hw can one get this fungicide
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
ogbongenet:
Tomorrow morning first thing will be pruning of my pepper,so it form a lot of branches, which means a lot of fruits and bountiful harvest..
what do u mean by pruning ND he is it done
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
okoroemeka:
good move if you prune off the top tips it will increase yield by 20-30%,I read about a pepper farm in the Dominican republic,SEMIDOR they also prune off the tips of the branches that was formed from the first pruning to get even more branches,hmmmm,I have not tried that,but op u can try it with a few crops to compare the yield.
at what age do one one prune d pepper
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by IamAsiri: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
ogbongenet:
ok I will do that

Happy new month to you sir. Please when are your pepper seedlings going to be ready?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tonee1: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
Is there anyone here who sells pepper seedlings in Benin city?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
The pics below is prove beyond reasonable doubt that planting the correct seed is a big factor in winning the battle front on the farm,the pics shows side by side comparison between red/yellow scorpion and common hausa danjarawa or rodo,the bigger fruits are the scorpions while the smaller ones are the local variety,if you are still thinking about using local pepper let it be clear to you that the farmer that planted high performance variety will harvest 40-50% more fruits from his farm with same number of crops with the local seed

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2020
I have been so busy with so many activities, not too much time to attend to my farm this period. Animal rearing is taking much of my time , abi man gats to prepare my Rams for ileya sale's. But still the pepper is doing wonderfully,started fruiting early even without chemical and fertilizer application,i think that's the benefits of improved variety seeds.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mirabel9(f): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
FarmTech:

Growing from stem cuttings will be faster as seeds takes long time to germinate and mature.

wow thats lovely,
so i will have to buy the scent leaf and plant like that?

Well thats the best option i have for now,
thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.