Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital (2184 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend 2 Months After Meeting In Hospital / Man Found Dead With Smile On His Face After Having Sex With A Prostitute / Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by SIRTee15: 12:39am On Feb 03, 2019
A doctor has been struck off after starting an affair with a patient the day after telling him he had cancer.

Theepa Sundaralingam even had sex in a hospital bed with her patient after their relationship became more serious.

Their affair started when they swapped telephone numbers and followed each other on Instagram.

Those messages quickly became more graphic leading to a full-fledged affair.

After the authorities became aware of the relationship, the 37-year-old was hauled before a disciplinary hearing in Toronto, Canada.

The panel ruled that Ms Sundaralingam should be struck off. The incident took place in Toronto, Canada.

The unnamed male patient said he felt abused by the doctor.

Sundaralingam was, according to her patient, "the person who both managed my health and provided me with emotional support during cancer treatment.

"She was also the same person who abandoned me at my most vulnerable point," he said in a victim impact statement read aloud by a lawyer.

The panel heard that seven months into the relationship, Sundaralingam told the man she'd fallen in love with a colleague and broke off the affair. Shortly afterward, she refused to see him or treat him. "She told me she's calling it quit, just like that" the patient said.

The affair took place in early 2015 and started again in 2016.

After a short deliberation, Sundaralingam was told she was losing her licence and ordered to put up a security of $16,000 for any therapy her former patient might need. She was also ordered to pay $6,000 — the cost of Wednesday's proceedings.

Asked as she was leaving the hearing if she had anything to say about the decision, Sundaralingam's lawyer, Jenny Stephenson, replied: "No comment."

Re: Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 03, 2019
cheesy
Re: Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 03, 2019
Oyinbo with their mumu ways sef

1 Like

Re: Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by SIRTee15: 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
Re: Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by Randy100: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
The woman is not wise at all. She should have continued with the relationship and watch as the cancer guy dies.
Re: Canadian Doctor Struck Off After Having Sex With Her Cancer Patient In Hospital by BronzeMajik(f): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
the guy is a bitter fo.ol.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Special In Dating A Shy Guy? (answered) / Meet Nuella, The Plus Size Model Shaking Facebook With Her Heavy Ikebe / In Love With A Smoker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.