Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

In Love With A Smoker - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With A Smoker (2186 Views)

Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? / Can You Date A Smoker? / Can You Marry A Smoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With A Smoker by quoker(f): 8:12am On May 20, 2020
So, I finally met the man of my life,
He is tall, light skinned, handsome, smart looking and intelligent.
He is an only son in his mid 20's. Believe me, I said man of my life because he is like the complete package; Caring to the core, full of humor, very loving and generous.
He is a marijuana addict, that's the part that freaks me out the most. Whenever he is high on marijuana, though absolutely nothing changes about him, Instead he becomes cooler, tender and more realistic. I am aware that its a bad attitude and would want to quit the relationship.
I am afraid I wont be able to change him, I am afraid of the thought of raising kids with an addict and what that could portray to the children. What worries me the most often times is that in spite of he's addiction that could pose severe consequences both to health and otherwise, I still feel no lesser love for him regardless, or has he ever looked or felt wrong to me.
I am 21 and really confused. I love this guy, and I don't know if I should preserve this beautiful thing or to break up with him. I don't want my naivety to get the better of me. cry

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Orestino(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2020
quoker:
He is an only son in his mid 20's. Believe me, I said man of my life because he is like the complete package; Caring to the core, full of humor, very loving and generous.
He is a marijuana addict, that's the part that freaks me out the most. Whenever he is high on marijuana, though absolutely nothing changes about him, Instead he becomes cooler, tender and more realistic. I am aware that its a bad attitude and would want to quit the relationship.
I am afraid I wont be able to change him, I am afraid of the thought of raising kids with an addict and what that could portray to the children. What worries me the most often times is that in spite of he's addiction that could pose severe consequences both to health and otherwise, I still feel no lesser love for him regardless, or has he ever looked or felt wrong to me.
I am 21 and really confused. I love this guy, and I don't know if I should preserve this beautiful thing or to break up with him. I don't want my naivety to get the better of me. cry

Marijuana they say prevents coronavirus so when next he wants to roll up, roll up with him.
On the contrary, if you arent comfy with him smoking, talk to him about it. If the feeling is mutual, he should strike a balance.

2 Likes

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Makavelli25: 8:22am On May 20, 2020
Quoker in love with a smoker
check link in my signature to start making up to 5k daily

2 Likes

Re: In Love With A Smoker by raphroye: 8:22am On May 20, 2020
I'm not a smoker, but I still prefer someone that smokes marijuana to someone that smokes cigarettes
Re: In Love With A Smoker by quoker(f): 8:31am On May 20, 2020
raphroye:
I'm not a smoker, but I still prefer someone that smokes marijuana to someone that smokes cigarettes

how do I deal with my friends and family, I don't want them to know that my man smokes.
I fear they will have bed feelings about him.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by Mariangeles(f): 8:38am On May 20, 2020
quoker:

how do I deal with my friends and family, I don't want them to know that my man smokes.
I fear they will have bed feelings about him.

How did you meet him?
Have you always known about his lifestyle?
Can you deal with a man that needs some substance to be calm?
Re: In Love With A Smoker by hushdaddy: 8:41am On May 20, 2020
quoker:
oh baby!
So you came to Nairaland to talk about my addiction when you can talk to me face to face.
Well you know I love you and nothing is gonna change that.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by Mcreloaded(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2020
raphroye:

Both cigarettes and marijuana are bad but then I still can't understand how educated people will argue that marijuana is better than cigarettes.
Visit Iyaba psychiatric or Aro most youths admitted there are as a result of marijuana and never cigarettes.
NOTE both are dangerous but the I would rather stick with cigarettes than smoke a hard drug that can turn someone mad.

Better still don't smoke anything, and if you must smoke avoid the one that leads to iyaba

6 Likes

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Tladybukky(f): 8:42am On May 20, 2020
Pray for him and be patient with him too. Prayers changes things

Cheers
Re: In Love With A Smoker by donbachi(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2020
Don't judge people in their today...people do change.I was a smoker when I met and married my wife.both cigarette and ganja...but today,I'm a changed man..dat he smokes does not make him irresponsible.there are men that smokes not,but are irresponsible....think.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by illicit(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2020
Smoking mj is not as bad as the media portrays it....

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Nobody: 8:59am On May 20, 2020
Ohhhh
Re: In Love With A Smoker by MJBOLT: 9:10am On May 20, 2020
it's only a matter of time before you join him

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by UnclePrincipal(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2020
Mcreloaded:

Both cigarettes and marijuana are bad but then I still can't understand how educated people will argue that marijuana is better than cigarettes.
Visit Iyaba psychiatric or Aro most youths admitted there are as a result of marijuana and never cigarettes.
NOTE both are dangerous but the I would rather stick with cigarettes than smoke a hard drug that can turn someone mad.

Better still don't smoke anything, and if you must smoke avoid the one that leads to iyaba

Ignorance of the highest order

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Love With A Smoker by UnclePrincipal(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2020
If you can't handle him that way, then leave him alone. Stop trying to manipulate people with emotions to change who they really are to please you.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Millennialaku(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2020
woah shocked shocked shocked
the way you described your boyfriend depicts me 100% no cap. ........only that im about your age
including the weed cool but i am not addicted to it

as long as he doesn't act foolish when he is high there's no issue there. maybe you can try making him take the herb in another way rather than smoking it. i don't think any sane parent would want to influence their kids negatively.

doppelganger shit ? shocked shocked

nobody is perfect

i know say the bobo go sabi Bleep grin wink
Re: In Love With A Smoker by GeneralPula: 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
Love is love, smoking is smoking. It doesn't affect each other lady!

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Ayoleeboy007: 3:30pm On May 20, 2020
Don't u worry a thing he will change

Re: In Love With A Smoker by GeneralPula: 3:33pm On May 20, 2020
Mcreloaded:

Marijuana is a natural plant, cigarette isn't.

The ones at Aro can never be because of just Marijuana. People do have mental issues and still, they'll be smoking. That could be the case.

Marijuana doesn't makes one to become unhealthy.. Except you're a smoker that doesn't care for yourself!

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by lalawealthy: 3:38pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage nor b boyfriend and girl friend o..moreover you still a kid so u will definitely mistake infactuation to Love.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by TheLioness: 3:45pm On May 20, 2020
No one on this platform can help you, all we can do is give you biased opinions and advise. This is a decision that you have to make on your own. You have to weigh the pros and cons of sticking to him, and you have to be ready to stand by your decision.

Also, be ready to face the consequences of your decision.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Orestino(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2020
TheLioness:
No one on this platform can help you, all they can do is give you biased opinions and advise. This is a decision that you have to make on your own. You have to weigh the pros and cons of sticking to him, and you have to be ready to stand by your decision.

Also, be ready to face the consequences of your decision.

First statement yen ko necessary.. you could have channelled your opinion without that..smh

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by TheLioness: 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
Orestino:

First statement yen ko necessary.. you could have channelled your opinion without that..smh
Don't come for my head o. Na truth I talk.
Anyways, lemme edit it and include myself.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by Orestino(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2020
TheLioness:
Don't come for my head o. Na truth I talk. Anyways, lemme edit it and include myself.
grin good! Include yourself and exempt Orestino
Re: In Love With A Smoker by OneDollarSalary(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2020
[s]
quoker:
[/s]
OgwuEgo, this is one of the many hungry boys who disguise as female on Nairaland.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by Bola146(f): 4:12pm On May 20, 2020
wink grin I hope his lips are not deep black wink
Re: In Love With A Smoker by TheLioness: 4:12pm On May 20, 2020
Orestino:

grin good! Include yourself and exempt Orestino
No o. Are you not a nairalander? All of us join for this "we".
Re: In Love With A Smoker by OgwuEgo: 4:17pm On May 20, 2020
We will unmask them Insha Allah
OneDollarSalary:
[s][/s]
OgwuEgo, this is one of the many hungry boys who disguise as female on Nairaland.

Re: In Love With A Smoker by Kenneth10110(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2020
raphroye:

Most people smoking marijuana smokes cigarettes to even the ones that don't miss cigarettes inside the substance.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by OneDollarSalary(m): 4:31pm On May 20, 2020
OgwuEgo:
We will unmask them Insha Allah
Inshallah ameen grin.

What disgust me most is seeing the males drooling over anything that have that "f". Jeez undecided
There are countless beautiful girls in the neighborhood, it's a person you don't know the gender or who's behind the keyboard on an anonymous forum you are drooling over.

Disgusting angry.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Smoker by quoker(f): 6:40pm On May 20, 2020
UnclePrincipal:
If you can't handle him that way, then leave him alone. Stop trying to manipulate people with emotions to change who they really are to please you.

no, you are wrong...
im not trying to change him. Aside the health effect of smoking and what people will possibly think about us is my only concern.
Re: In Love With A Smoker by Filomena: 7:07pm On May 20, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

so smoking marijuana is a good thing??

wow the level of your wisdom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Said She Prefer Her Friend Than Me. / What Could Make Men To Be Scared Of Marriage? / I Miss Those Days Of Love Letters: Write A Love Letter To Me Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.