Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

4once's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4once's Profile / 4once's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Health / Re: My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! by 4once(m): 2:59am On Aug 22, 2019
Clint26:
I am 19 years old boy ,I have been losing my hair since 2015 and this has resulted to male pattern baldness or receding hairline. This is making me feel ashamed whenever am with my peers. and sometimes it often makes me stay indoors.
i have been trying different remedies such as using coconut oil,shea butter but to no avail!

Pls help me!

Clint26,

I am in my 30's and first noticed that I was singled out for a shiny bald head circa 17 years! I was still in my Senior Secondary.

Like you, I was slightly bothered (at first). However, I decided that since there is nothing I could do about it (it's genetics, mind you) I would wear mine like it was the most important thing in the world!

Now, in my 30's, I'm also all grey!

in my teens, it was hair loss...now, in my 20's, the remaining hair chose the colour white!

Due to the way I rock my hair, (I barb it about once a month or so), many persons believe that I'm way older than my true age. Guess what? This has brought respect and a privilege none of my age mates are privy to!

To wrap up, rock your baldness like the most important thing in the world and watch magic happen!!

4 Likes

Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2018
Car got; thanks everyone.
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
khufu:
4Once,

Check:

https://www.nairaland.com/4717268/benz-v-boot-sale

Good luck!

Thanks Khufu; have seen the thread before now. However, I'm hunting for something cleaner.

Thanks again.
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

Yeah, we have one available for sale. V. Boot 230 ruler not padded. If you're interested you can reach me on whatsapp +22565142456. Note the car is in Aba, Abia state. Sound and neat.

Added. Expecting photos at the earliest convenience.
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 1:16am On Sep 06, 2018
SilentVboy:
OK. Though not those ones I uploaded. But still Benz e230 exactly like the ones I uploaded was available here in Uyo, Akwaibom. But unfortunately, it has been sold. Good luck in your search...

Thanks for your effort, SilentVboy. I appreciate.

The search continues for this 'German Mistake' smiley

1 Like

Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 4:58am On Sep 05, 2018
SilentVboy:
U mean something like this?...

GBAM!

Is the one in the photos for sale?

If yes, kindly forward detailed photos to my WhatsApp number: +234 812 317 3441.

If no, I'll still appreciate the photos of the unit in question forwarded to my WhatsApp number above.

Let's deal smiley
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
Still searching...yet to get an option that meets my requirements.
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Anyone selling this ride?
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 6:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Morning house. The hunt is still on smiley
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
Search still on...
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Avedonn:

You are welcome.
contact this lady she'll get you a good one in KD within your budget. 0803 955 0565

Her nairaland moniker is Ladyjblinks

Once again, thanks

Any other person with this beauty to sell?
Autos / Re: I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Avedonn:
You can get a good reg in Kaduna. By the way why are you scared of going to the north to buy what you want.

Thanks for the tip, Avedonn. I appreciate.
Autos / I Need A Clean, Buy & Drive Mercedes Benz Vboot... by 4once(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
Howdy,

I need a clean, buy and drive Mercedes Benz W124 (the series popularly called[b] V Boot [/b]in Nigeria).

The car must be in a buy and drive state with nothing to fix.

I prefer an auto and would love the 230 E UP.

However, I am open to a manual transmission if it is really clean and leaves me impressed after inspection.

I'm in Benin-City, Edo State at the moment but can travel as far as Lagos and its evirons for this purpose.

However, I'm not interested in travelling to the Northern part of Nigeria!

My budget is 500K. However, if you have something that costs higher, let me know, nonetheless - I may decide to increase the budget, if the car truly deserves it.

I will be following this thread closely for replies.

If, however, you prefer private communication, here is my WatsApp number: +234 812 317 3441.

Please, kindly note that the number is for WatsApp only.

Now, let's deal smiley
Education / May Your Road Be Rough – Tai Solarin (1st January, 1964) by 4once(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2016
May your road be rough be rough is not the only article written by the controversial atheist and secular humanist, Tai Solarin.

However, this article, published on January 1st, 1964 remains (without an iota of doubt), one of the best received and the most relevant across time and space. Its relevance is so timeless that at this critical time in the history of Nigeria, it is apt to remember the wisdom of Tai Solarin and its classic and majestic timelessness.

How time flies!

May Your Road Be Rough – Tai Solarin (1st January, 1964)

“I am not cursing you; I am wishing you what I wish myself every year. I therefore repeat, may you have a hard time this year, may there be plenty of troubles for you this year!

If you are not so sure what you should say back, why not just say, same to you? I ask for no more.

Our successes are conditioned by the amount of risk we are ready to take.

Earlier on today I visited a local farmer about three miles from where I live. He could not have been more than fifty-five, but he said he was already too old to farm vigorously.

He still suffered, he said, from the physical energy he displayed as a farmer in his younger days. Around his hut were two pepper bushes.

There were cocoyams growing round him. There were snail shells which had given him meat. There must have been more around the banana trees I saw.

He hardly ever went to town to buy things. He was self-sufficient.

The car or the bus; the television or the telephone; the newspaper, Vietnam or Red China were nothing to him. He had no ambitions whatsoever, he told me.

I am not sure if you are already envious of him, but were we all to revert to such a life, we would be practically driven back to cave dwelling.

On the other hand, try to put yourself into the position of the Russian or the America astronaut. Any moment now the count, 3, 2, 1, is going to go, and you are going to be shot into the atmosphere and soon you will be whirling round our earth at the speed of six miles per second.

If you get so fired into the atmosphere and you forget what to do to ensure return to earth, one of the things that might happen to you is that you could become forever satellite, going round the earth until you die of starvation and even then your body would continue the gyration!

When, therefore, you are being dressed up and padded to be shot into the sky, you know only too well that you are going on the roughest road man had ever trodden.

The Americans and Russians who have gone were armed with the great belief that they would come back. But I cannot believe that they did not have some slight foreboding on the contingency of their non-return. It is their courage for going in spite of these apprehensions that makes the world hail them so loudly today.

The big fish is never caught in shallow waters.

You have to go into the open sea for it. The biggest businessmen make decisions with lighting speed and carry them out with equal celerity. They do not dare delay or dally.

Time would pass them by if they did. The biggest successes are preceded by the greatest of heart-burnings.

You should read the stories of the bomber pilots of World War II. The Russian pilot, the German pilot, the American or the British pilot suffered exactly the same physical and mental tension the night before a raid on enemy territory. There were no alternative routes for those who most genuinely believed in victory for their side.

You cannot make omelets without breaking eggs, throughout the world; there is no gain without pain.

Jawaharlal Nehru has put it so well. I am paraphrasing him. He wants to meet his troubles in a frontal attack. He wants to see himself tossed into the aperture between the two horns of the bull. Being there, he determines he is going to win and, therefore, such a fight requires all his faculties.

When my sisters and I were young and we slept on our small mats round our mother, she always woke up at 6a.m. for morning prayers. She always said prayers on our behalf but always ended with something like this: may we not enter into any dangers or get into any difficulties this day.

It took me almost thirty years to dislodge the canker-worm in our mother’s sentiments.

I found, by hard experience, that all that is noble and laudable was to be achieved only through difficulties and trials and tears and dangers. There are no other roads.

If I was born into a royal family and should one day become a constitutional king, I am inclined to think I should go crazy. How could I, from day to day, go on smiling and nodding approval at somebody else’s successes for an entire lifetime?

When Edward the Eighth (now Duke of Windsor) was a young, sprightly Prince of Wales, he went to Canada and shook so many hands that his right arm nearly got pulled out of its socket. It went into a sling and he shook hands thenceforth with his left hand. It would appear he was trying his utmost to make a serious job out of downright sinecurism.

Life, if it is going to be abundant, must have plenty of hills and valleys.

It must have plenty of sunshine and rough weather. It must be rich in obfuscation and perspicacity. It must be packed with days of danger and of apprehension.

When I walk into the dry but certainly cool morning air of every January 1st, I wish myself plenty of tears and of laughter, plenty of happiness and unhappiness, plenty of failures and successes.

Plenty of abuse and praise; it is impossible to win ultimately without a rich measure of intermixture in such a menu. Life would be worthless without the lot.

We do not achieve much in this country because we are all so scared of taking risks. We all want the smooth and well-paved roads. While the reason the Americans and others succeeded so well is that they took such great risks.

If, therefore, you are out in this New Year 1964, to win any target you have set for yourself, please accept my prayers and your elixir. May your road be rough!”

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/07/03/may-your-road-be-rough-tai-solarin-1st-january-1964/

2 Likes

Jokes Etc / God, Discussing Nigeria With The Angels by 4once(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2016
There is standing joke about God discussing Nigeria with his angels in Heaven…

He blessed Nigeria with minerals…

He blessed Nigeria with Oil…

He blessed Nigeria with awesome people with superior brains…

He blessed Nigeria with awesome weather conditions and ample sunshine…

The angels could not help but ask: “Master, why all the blessing for a single country?”

HE replied…”Be patient and see the type of leaders that I’ll make it possible to rule them!”

Then, the angels did not understand…

However, they do now. Completely smiley

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/07/01/god-discussing-nigeria-with-the-angels/
Literature / 10 Books You Should Read In Your 20’s by 4once(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
Life presents a challenge to everyone who is living: the challenge of living and excelling.

However, this challenge is made easier if you have guidance: that is where the 10 books you should read in your 20’s feature.

Why?

The years between 20 and 29 are the years of abundance: ambition, power, love, sex, lust…but ironically, this same period is one that is characterized by the most gross stupidity – as most major mistakes in life are committed during this period.

So how do you avoid that mess of youth and live without regrets? Simple: Read these 10 books you should read in your youth and take their content serious! They may be your life saver!

The Holy Book of Your Religion

The Holy Book of the religion you believe and practice is very important. Great chances are that it is the religion of your father and his forbears. Now, looking stupid about an article of faith you profess is not the best of situations, I guarantee you.

As a side point, the various books of the numerous religions also have wisdom that is incomparable to contemporary logic. My bet is that you’d never find logic as sound as that presented by the scholars of old!

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

This book, sure will teach you a few things you do not know about money and the financial system of the world.

In turn, you’d avoid teaching your children the prejudices you are most likely to teach them – that is, if you fail to read this book.

The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

This is sure a great and timeless classic. The book teaches the rudiments of wealth and outlines how anyone can amass wealth irrespective of where he/she currently is on the economic ladder.

It is quite an inspiring book in the sense that it teaches wealth creation in a step by step fashion. If after reading this book, your finances are still in a mess, then I don’t think anything can be done to save you!

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli

Looking to have a realistic picture of what your fellow man is and what governs him? Then, this is the book to read!

The reason why this book is among the 10 books you should read in your 20’s is that it presents man in his true and basic color: it tells you exactly how selfish humans beings are and ensures you do not start life with an innocence in human beings that tends to trust all – even to your detriment!

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

The joy of this book is that though it is supposed to be a Treatise on military strategy, the points illustrated in the book can be used to great effect any day or time with the same astonishing results.

The book prepares one to be ferocious when the time and circumstance call for it and also calm and gentle when the moment dictates. Indeed, it is one of the books you MUST read in your 20’s.

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene

In this world we live, its either you seduce or are seduced. Not literally anyway…When you have to respond to another’s whims and caprices, that’s seduction!

Now, you’re definitely going to be doing a lot of persuasions (seductions) in your adult life: your love, your boss, your children, your in-laws, etc. It’s a book you should read in your 20’s by all means.

Why?

Because even if you have no intention of persuading anyone, at least you should be guarded against the often malicious persuasions of others.

The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene

This is one book you must read in your 20’s.

The beauty of this book is that it portrays the active play of power and the often cut throat action that follows it in a language that resembles poetry…Here, anyone can feel like the boss, know what it is like to wield power and actively guard against its use on him/her.

This is a book you should not celebrate your 30th birthday without.

The Mafia Manager by V

Hey! This is the most sinister of the list – the author simply wants to be identified as V.

Anyway, apart from the fact that he does not want his full identity known, the advice he offers in the book is simply irresistible! If you’re thinking it’s some Mafia style, relax – nothing of the sort.

V, however, succeeds in bringing the Mafia genius into everyday operations. And the result, as V lets his readers see, is quite practical!

As a Man Thinketh by James Allen

This 1903 classic holds to all who have imagination, the power and key to limitless accomplishments!

There is nothing that cannot be achieved if a man sets his eyes to it – that is the key message of the book.

Why it is recommended as a must read before the landmark 30 is that after that age, man is oft to doubt more than it is good for progress!

However, if the message contained in the book is religiously followed, man is sure to make an impact on earth more than Napoleon or Alexander the Great.

Any other book you should read in your 20’s that I missed

More than 1 omission? Sorry, lets hear about it in the comment section.

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/30/10-books-you-should-read-in-your-20s/

60 Likes 20 Shares

Business / 6 Things You Need Aside Money by 4once(m): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2016
You’ve probably heard that money is not all.

It is common to hear lines that go in the fashion, ‘money can buy you a bed, but not sleep’; ‘it can buy you drugs but not health’ etc.

They’re right, no doubt. But the problem is that you are not told what you need as a person apart from money.

Why is such a list as ‘6 Things you Need Aside Wealth’ important?

Simple.

The list is meant to help you avoid placing undue emphasis on money or at worst, help you know what you need to pursue too in your quest for more money.

‘The 6 Things you Need Aside from Wealth’ are really the things that ensure your happiness as an individual.

They are:

Things you Need Aside Money 1: A Job to Look up to Everyday:

A job to look up to everyday is simply what you need when it comes to staying happy and living a fulfilled life.

You may have the money – but belief me, idleness does not pay.

However, the key here is to find fulfilling work that you can pour your heart and soul into without really feeling you are working.

Technically speaking, a type of work where you find fun doing – and actually love to do with all your heart.

A clue? What would you do if you had all the billions in the world?

Things you Need Aside Money 2: A Companion to Make you Happy

Having a companion that you really love (and who loves you back) is something that you not exchange the world with.

Our companions have a way of making us feel better (or worse) any given day. Talk of mood elevation and you’d be correct.

Thinking of depression of the highest order? You’re not wrong too!

You may pursue the money, but make sure you find that man or woman in your lifetime!

Things you Need Aside Money 3: Achievements that Astound Even You!

Common, I am not talking of petty achievements like buying the latest car or marrying the reigning miss.

That’s bullshit!

The type of achievements I’m talking about are things like graduating with a CGPA OF 5.0 on a 5 point scale.

Or winning a Nobel Prize.

You understand? Achievements that after even 50 years, you’d beat your chest and say: ‘Yea, that was me!’

Such achievements permanently cure you of any low self esteem problems you may have. Instantly, once such feats are achieved, you begin to feel better about yourself and like magic, happiness creeps in!

Doubt it?

Achieve a major feat!

Things you Need Aside Money 4: Friends you Can Trust

How much can you really tell your friend(s) without fear of subsequent betrayal?

Nothing is my guess!

Am I I too harsh?

Ok, lets see…little at most.

However, having friend(s) that you can really relax with and share the innermost workings of your heart is really healing and int the long run, can really boost both your happiness, esteem, ego and sense of security.

Wrong? No! That can’t be wrong.

Think again!

Things you Need Aside Money 5: A ‘Past Time’ that Really Hooks you Up

What do you do when you are free?

What manner of relaxation occupy your time? Do you do something active or simply rely on a damn passive pastime?

Funny enough, a pastime can be a great source of helping you become a better and happier person aside the money. How does this work exactly?

Simple.

It helps you rejuvenate and literally ‘shed’ away the stress of the day and put your troubles behind.

Formed and cultivated carefully, this can be a great source of building self esteem and a happier life – besides getting rich of course!

Things you Need Aside Money 6: Get Children Around YOU!

Well, this may not go well with everyone – but the truth is that you need the children!

You may personally chose not to have them but remember, you can always adopt or bring in relatives!

When one comes back from work, the children are there ensuring that you are properly welcomed back home.

The great part is that their simplicity and innocence literally astounds and surprises! A simple but curious question like: ‘Daddy, can you move that house over there to the street?’

Can really crack you up! Never neglect the young folk in your happiness scheme.

Or would you?

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/29/6-things-you-need-aside-money/
Jokes Etc / SMART Criminal by 4once(m): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Late one night a man is driving down the road, speeding quite a bit.

A cop notices how fast he is going and pulls him over. The cop says to the man, “Are you aware of how fast you were going?”

The man replies, “Yes I am. I’m trying to escape a robbery I got involved in.”

The cop gives him a skeptical look and says, “Were you the one being robbed?”

The man casually replies, “No, I committed the robbery.”

The cop looks shocked that the man admitted this. “So you’re telling me you were speeding…AND committed a robbery?”

“Yes,” the man calmly says. “I have the loot in the back.”

The cop begins to get angry…

“Sir, I’m afraid you have to come with me.” The cop reaches in the window to subdue the man.

“Don’t do that!” the man yells fearfully.

“I’m scared you will find the gun in my glove compartment!” The cop pulls his hand out. “Wait here,” he says.

The cop calls for backup. Soon cops, cars, and helicopters are flooding the area. The man is cuffed quickly and taken towards a car.

However, before he gets in, a cop walks up to him and says, while gesturing to the cop that pulled him over, “Sir, this officer informed us that you had committed a robbery, had stolen loot in the trunk of your car, and had a loaded gun in your glove compartment. However, we found none of these things in your car.”

The man replies, “Yeah, and I bet that liar said I was speeding too!”

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/28/smart-criminal/
Business / 5 Time Management Tips Of All Time by 4once(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2016
The secret to greatness, surely lies in appropriate time management.

However, time eludes all – even the grand sages…

Are there tricks that if properly utilized would ensure proper time management?

YES!

In a concise and straightforward manner, they are listed and explained below:

Tip 1: Delegation Reigns Supreme!

Believe me (or not at your own peril), you cannot achieve all that come to you within 24 hours neither can you properly attend to all circumstances that present themselves to you in any single day.

In such a morning that you have to be at your son’s matriculation at the local university, attend to 3 business meetings, meet with 6 partners, launch 3 new sales outlets, commission 10 company cars and make sure you don’t miss your Ph.D test, only a time management genius would otherwise have a clue as to what he/she would do.

It is in such circumstances that you should remember that you have a wife (who is supposed to represent you at your boy’s matriculation), it is also a day when you are supposed to remember that you have personal assistants and secretaries that are otherwise paid for nothing!

They can represent you while you stay focused. In the outline above, only the the test needs your personal attention. Start preparing for it and delegate the rest!

Can you see how an otherwise super busy day was made supremely light?

Tip 2: Always Remember That There is Time for Everything...

For everything under the sun, there exist a time.

If you are serious about your time and how it is spent, you must understand that everything should have its place.

That means, there should be a time sleep must terminate; there must also be a time when your life’s work would begin and a special time allotted to your rest at the end of the day.

If any attempt is made to shift these times by any individual, it should be resisted vehemently. Prospective business/friends should be made to understand that a minute late means the whole day to you – and keep to it. In that wise you’d have to always be punctual yourself.

Tip 3: Avoid Chit Chat with your Life!

The time wasted on chit chats may read only in minutes but when computed over a 2 or 3 year period, you’d be amazed that you spent 6 months chatting!

Chit chat is not limited to offline chatting in real time, for we all get bored of that stuff quick. Social media is to be avoid like a plaque – for it steals time more than armed bandits and pirates combined.

In doubt, check the forum profile of some folks and then you’d understand this is no Joke.

Spending 5 years is common! What the heck – 5 years on a forum?? But it does happen and is in fact common!!

Tip 4: You are Not that Special, your Phone can be Switched Off!

The cell phone constitutes a major time waster!

Its often hard to ignore the buzz of the ringer or the alert of an incoming text message.

On a very serious day, why not encourage your callers to leave a message on the voice mail so that you can address their concerns at the end of the business day? Not feasible?

Don’t get it wrong – man can do without the cell phone! It only makes life more convenient.

But just in case it facilitates time wasting? It should be managed properly!

And this management could involve switching off or outright rejection of calls to save time!! The phone serves you and should remain a servant – not the other way round!!

Tip 5: Be Careful of those you Term ‘Visitors’!

Nothing bad in a visit that has a purpose and that purpose is swiftly discussed and achieved.

The primary problem with visitors and their visits is that it has the propensity to stretch to infinity if not properly managed.

This is quite a delicate matter that requires special attention: handle it rashly and you are termed anti social (or at the extreme, a loner). Take it likely and discover precious time vanishing from your life as if there is no purpose to life.

The trick?

Once a visitor arrives, make him/her tell you the message brought – and attend to it even before you offer refreshments.

That way, as refreshments are being served, you can take your excuse politely and leave the ‘visitor’ to attend to other worthy things.

And the good thing? He/she will feel you treated them like a king or queen! Now that’s what we call win/win!!

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/27/5-time-management-tips-of-all-time/

1 Like

Webmasters / Re: Professional Blog Article Writers Wanted by 4once(m): 5:40am On Jun 25, 2016
lifesolutions:
I urgently need professional blog article writers to write quality and original content articles on Relationship, Love, Dating, Sex, Marriage, Family, Domestic Violence, Divorce and Children for my Relationship and Lifestyle blog.

The articles must:

1. Be unique and good English language
2. Be 800 words and original content
3. The grammar and spelling must be very correct
4. The article must be check www.plagiarisma.net for PLAGIARISM to see if it is original content
5. Your writing must covers the article topic in detail, flows and engages the readers

We shall provide the article title or you provide the article title for our approval before writing

We are paying N1000 per each 800 words original content article. Payment is only made after writing, delivery and checking the article at www.plagiarisma.net to see if it is original content. Note: All the works other writers did for us through this forum this year where all rejected for poor content and plagiarism after payment.

Call me on 08131134410 if you are think you are qualified and okay by the above conditions. The conditions are not negotiable for whatsoever reasons.

I'm interested in your proposal - and I can write even 5000 words daily. Unique, professional, SEO optimized and you won't find a second copy online. Ever.

However, I'll love to know your blog URL and your identity before committing to an arrangement that offers to pay only on delivery.

Makes sense?

1 Like

Business / 5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know by 4once(m): 5:29am On Jun 25, 2016
It’s quite sad, little is known about such a central commodity like money.

What truths about money do you know that would hold true both in Ghana or London; Australia or New York City?

More importantly, how would these truths help you make – and keep more money?

5 Basic Truths About Money

Money isn’t Real – it’s a Mindset

This basic truth about money may stun you…it’s quite normal if you think I am a little crazy!

But wait – I do not mean money isn’t physical: of course it is.

What I mean is that, money is not some commodity that is hoarded by a select few. No!

Money is something that flows freely and by simply changing your mindset about what money is – and probably isn’t, you’ll be making it faster than you ever imagined.

In such a scenario, which is real?

The money or the mindset?

I’ll give you an example. When I started blogging, I was simply concerned about the cash and I really found it very difficult to make money with this very blog then.

Then things changed – I shifted my focus from from trying to make money to genuinely trying to help others solve their problems.

And bingo! That was it!!

If you think money is real, try changing your mindset to genuinely serving others and lets see what you come up with next!

Money Enjoys Only Addition and Multiplication!

Another basic truth about money is that without constantly replenishing its source, even the wealthiest people in the world would one day certainly wind up broke if they live long enough – and this is no joke.

There is no such thing in the world as too much money!

Money is like a river with with many ‘inlets’ flowing in no matter how small. What is supposed to be going out is also supposed to be less than what is coming in or you’ll surely wind up broke eventually.

…who was that fellow that argued that ‘money is not the problem – the problem is how to spend it?’ He lied!

The Value Of Money Remains Constant No Matter What

Forget the Economists! Usually, there are very big terms like inflation and devaluation that are used to intimidate non Economists about the myth that the value of money is dropping. The truth is that, the value of money has never dropped nor will it ever drop.

Strange, isn’t it? Especially when you remember the days that a thousand dollars could buy a brand new luxury car.

The answer is simple: how many persons could afford a thousand dollars then?

Only a select few. And so is $50,000 (the value of the average luxury car) now. Theoretically, $50,000 now simply = $1000 then: it’s that simple!

The third truth you should know about money is that while the denomination may be ‘inflated’ by our highly volatile and unstable market systems, the value remains constant – don’t deceive yourself!

Money Operates On It’s Own Terms

When you are dealing with money, you’ll discover another great truth about it: it operates on its own terms.

Apart from loving multiplication better than addition, subtraction and division, money, like a fair maiden, favor the bold.

Usually, the more risky, stressful and time consuming a task is, the more money there is to be make working on it.

As a plus, the more persons reject an endeavor (or are not yet acquainted with it), the more it proves to be lucrative. This is simple economics however.

Money is Truly Impartial

Your socio-economic background is less important when monetary matters are discussed: so is your status in life, age, sex or race. The most important thing is simply to play by its rules (which have been discussed above).

In such a manner, it may leave a noble man and if a commoner proves worthy, pitch tent with him – in a complete impartial fashion!!

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/25/5-basic-truths-about-money-you-should-know/
Webmasters / 5 Tips To Improve Your Blog’s Organic Traffic by 4once(m): 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Organic traffic converts in a great manner that we all know.

What is particularly not known is how to increase the organic traffic a blog gets so that better conversions can be obtained.

With better conversions, comes a higher click through rate and quite an impressive ROI.

In non technical terms, if you’ve got quite an impressive amount of organic traffic, you should naturally be smiling to the bank (if you know what you’re doing).

What Organic Traffic is and While it is Special

Organic traffic refers to the traffic that your site gets from search engines like Google via entering selected keywords that match the particular keywords your site (or post is already optimized for).

This is quite a basic definition because by extension, ‘organic’ covers all other sources of traffic that land on your site without any outward effort from your end apart from optimization.

Organic traffic is also special because it’s basically free!

While other sources of traffic may be very expensive, organic traffic comes to a blog free of charge and without any effort on the part of the blog admin apart from optimization!

Another great feature of organic traffic is that it is highly targeted.

Almost every visitor that lands on your blog in an organic fashion is already looking for information and is indeed thirsty for knowledge…knowledge which you could monetize and solve some pressing needs if you know your way around the business. Doesn’t that sound great?

5 Easy Ways to Increase Your Blog’s Organic Traffic

Write Naturally, But Smartly

Google (and the plethora of search engines) love bloggers and content producers who write for their readers and not search engines. In other words, bloggers who return content that flows in a natural, conversational manner are generally preferred and all other things being equal, rank higher in search results.

However, in your quest to attract search engines, don’t just write anything that comes to your head.

While keyword stuffing does not work again, the strategic use of keywords is still very important and vital.

To win the race of organic rankings, always make sure your keyword is contained in your posts’ permalink, in the image title (and alt text), in the first paragraph (preferably, first line) of your blog entry and also contained in the very last paragraph. This cannot amount to keyword stuffing and its proper use can work wonders!

Use Your Images Wisely

To increase your blog’s organic traffic, you must take image SEO serious. Image SEO involves positioning images in such a way that they are very visible to search engine crawlers. This position is often in the upper quadrant of your blog post entry.

Crafting your image’s title and tag to suite your keywords is also a very great idea. Aside these tips, it’s a great idea to have the image you are using actually depict what your blog entry or site is talking about. Nothing annoys more than having a shovel as a featured image for a post that is talking about money: what’s the correlation?

Great Length May be a Fantastic Idea

Search engine bots are programmed to see posts with fantastic length, nice photos and links (both internal and external) as entries that are the best and actually worth readers’ time. While this may not necessarily be true, bloggers that write long, detailed posts are often favored by search engines and always wind up getting tons of free, targeted, organic traffic!

It won’t be a bad idea if you start writing long, detailed posts that contain pictures. What do you think?

Source and 2 more tips:
https://zomoblog./2016/06/24/increase-organic-traffic
Politics / The Problem With Nigeria... by 4once(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nigeria has a plethora of problems – no doubts.

However, the most pressing and basic are:

1. Ethnic challenges.

2. Corruption.

3. Mediocrity.

4. Sycophancy.

5. Lack of common sense.

If she can tackle these challenges – in a brilliant and honest manner, she will be great again.

To this, there is no doubt.

However, the leaders that would lead her to tackle these challenges are not the present crop – for they also have similar challenges themselves

Such leaders must be devoid of all 5 challenges – and the people must believe them to be so – or all is irretrievably lost into the abyss of nothingness!

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/20/the-problem-with-nigeria/
Education / How To Get A 1st Class In The University Without Stress by 4once(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2016
For the records, I did not make a 1st during my days…however, given the same opportunity again, I cannot see any reason why I would not top my class with ease – and blaze out with a first!

Here are my unique 10 tips – in retrospect:

1. Shun the bad boys and gals…the naysayers – those who sincerely believe that they cannot make a first. Reason? Most often, they are right…and you wouldn’t want their dreams coming true with you around smiley

2. Get all your notes and text books in order and start reading them from day 1. The brain, while computer like, needs time to catch up on input. It is the 2:2 ish that wait till the very last minute before embracing books and revision!

3. Understand what the lecturers need and give it to them. You may write like a genius – but if what you write – and how you write it isn’t in sync with what your superiors want, forget it – a 2:1 (at best) awaits you.

4. Never bother with relationships on campus…if you must have a girl – or boy friend, choose one from another campus – or off camp and keep he/she a top secret!

5. Don’t discuss your lecturers! Many of your colleagues earn marks and favors by reporting such discussions right back. This is often disastrous!

6. Keep a neutral relationship with your lecturers…don’t be too friendly or too distant – both extremes are dangerous!

7. Lecturers are human and prone to jealousy; never give them a reason to hate you or become jealous. Avoid running a visible business on campus – or off, driving an exotic car etc.

8. Over-deliver on all your papers! It’s funny how this can go a long way in getting you a first. If for instance, you are a law student, you should be citing SC cases that are decided that month when you write!

9. Be humble! This endears both students and lecturers to you…and causes less (unnecessary friction).

10. Involve God. This is the most important – but often, overlooked bit. Do not be a fanatic though.

I sincerely hope this ten points help you get to your dream of a first class degree.

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/20/how-to-get-a-1st-class-in-the-university-without-stress/

1 Like 1 Share

Technology Market / Here At Last: An App That Can Help You Manage Your Relationships! by 4once(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Life could get hard at times – for no reason, especially if you’re trying to figure out the exact words to use in a message or ask someone out for a date, for instance.

Not anymore…

Sounds strange and rather impossible?

That is what I thought too – till I read through the details and completely understood what this app does.

If you’ve ever groped for the right word or wondered exactly what to say and not appear non-challant or be taken for someone who does not care enough, this app is certainly for you.

Enter Emotional Labor.

This is what the developer of this email plugin has to say:

"It was while thinking over these issues that McNeil came up for the idea of Emotional Labor, a plugin for Gmail that scans your messages and inserts overly-familiar, lighthearted touches to make them seem more friendly.

Full stops become multiple exclamation marks, ‘lols’ are dropped into sentences, and formal sign-offs become rows of kisses".

What do you guys think?

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/20/here-at-last-an-app-that-can-help-you-manage-your-relationships/
Webmasters / Re: Pls Recommended A Trusted Seo Service. by 4once(m): 5:30am On Jun 01, 2016
dan55:
Am not good in seo. I need a trusted service to do the job at a low cost; am sorry I don't trust my fellow naija guys. Most of them failed me & I don't have money to loose. Pls I need a trusted SEO service not a Nigerian guy or service. Thanks

I'm Nigerian, dan55 and can help you with this.

Kindly send me a PM.
Phones / Any One Confirmed The 'glo Freedom' Hype? by 4once(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
of late, there's been news everywhere of a purported 'glo freedom' tariff that cost N 9 on net and N 12 off net. curiously, no migration codes are ever posted and the glo official website is silent. is this for real or just a competition strategy to push Nigerians over to glo? somebody clarify!
Jokes Etc / Re: What Is Politics? by 4once(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2011
good joke! one of the best i've read in months - and the smear of reality, i cannot resist!!!
Romance / Re: Watching A World Cup Match Or Spending Time With Her? by 4once(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2010
I've always held, pals, that we take soccer too seriously in this part of the world, Soccer is just but a game, but my woman? She's my life!
Sports / Re: Does Spain Deserve To Win This World Cup? by 4once(m): 4:39am On Jul 12, 2010
What a silly post! Why do we Nigerians always seek to 'punctuate victory'? @ poster, consider starting another thread: 'did nigeria deserve to to knocked out in the very first round'?
Religion / Re: Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies by 4once(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2008
G O speaks for himself,
sorry for his DOCILE CUSTOMERS!
cry
Romance / Re: Why Do Men Prefer 2 Marry Naive Girls by 4once(m): 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2008
dear poster,
we men prefer to marry naive girls because they are pure and clean
not the overused type
if u understand me!

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.