Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,298 members, 7,867,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

4rmGuest2Member's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4rmGuest2Member's Profile / 4rmGuest2Member's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

So you really need scriptures to know that the church is God's house?

Hahaha! Abi..
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:
Talking about the GM and someone applying for something and relating that to God doesn't exactly fit in to me. To conclude that when I give to a church system that misappropriates funds I'll miss the blessing of giving because God would not have a record of my giving would not be right even Scripturally. That translates to faulting God as limited in knowledge and bias in judgement. Why are we so hasty to pass judgement not just on the church leaders but even God? During Jesus' time, He condemned the religious rulers for their hypocrisy severally but he never told his followers to rebel against them or their teachings. He even told his listeners to obey the teachings of the Pharisees but not their lifestyles. He talked about them exploiting widows yet He commended the widow that gave her mite in the temple. We would be taking too much into our hands by assuming the position of criticizing every religious leader who collects tithes and offerings. If you have evidence of their unfaithfulness what is the right thing to do? If you approach them and they refuse to turn a new leaf, what next? Does broadcasting their evil ways and convincing others to shun giving solve anything? What does the Bible recommend? We must realise that the easiest person to change is ourselves and we all would give account of ourselves before God. If as you walk with God, He persuaded and instructed you to quit giving tithes, good for you. Many times we focus on frivolities and ignore the priorities. Giving is taught everywhere in the Bible. Whether it is giving in the church or to the poor and whatever percentage it is God's Word gives you us principles to guide our giving.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Cc Kaboninc starlingslimnet

I'll begin to call you my Aunty in the Lord for this. God bless You. smiley

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

I had to quote you here. You did misunderstand his analogy. Paper translates to money and if you want to be literal, paper is money and both paper and money have value. So your application paper being thrown away is same as money wrongly used or misappropriated.

Lol. I laughed at this. He wasn't "comparing" but was giving an "analogy". If you also claim God is all powerful, why do we "pray" that our "prayers" get to God since He listens to our heart? Why do we "pray" that the angels take our "prayers" to God after all he sees our hearts and knows our needs?

You also claim that the effect of the tithe is not your business because you're not a council member, you can as well give your tithe to thieves and sorcerers and all. If you really do not care about how this same Gospel you're currently preaching will be propagated. Or you assume God will come consume the offering with fire like he did in those days as recorded in the Bible?

Lol. *sigh* I give up concerning this abeg. It was great talking to you about tithing! smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Kingdom of God is not a field yet Christ compared it to it.If you can't understand parables how will you understand Christ? God has principles my brother.I will Stop at that.

Lol. I want to rest concerning this abeg. I love to pay my tithes and really, it's a personal decision. If you couldn't get convinced in your church about tithe payment, then I can't.

Remain blessed. smiley

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Let me use an illustration to drive home the point.

You write an application letter for a particular Job which you delivered to the directing manager who is supposed to submit it to the general manager for assessment. And instead of submitting to the general manager decided to throw it to the dustbin.

Indeed you have submitted your application letter to the directing manager which is what you have to do but the directing manager has decided to throw it into the dustbin.Now will you be called for interview since you have submitted your application letter? even though your letter did not reach the genera manager who have the power to call you for the interview?Of course not you won't be called for the interview.

So also my brother, Your application letter is your tithe,the directing manager is the church which you bring your offerings to while The General manager is God and the interview call is your blessings of obedience onto Love.Now the Church decides to pay pastors on your offerings which is meant to be distributed to the needies as Christ command.Will there be a blessing for your obedience since God did not see the effect of your offerings on the needies?

So my brother you should have a say in the church like the hellenist had a say in the early church when their needy are neglected. So you should speak when the offerings are used wrongly so as not to hinder your blessings as the directing manager hindered the applier interview.

Lol, wow. See illustration abeg. But I'll like to point out one thing. Tithe is money, and not paper, so my tithe cannot be thrown away. Either it's used rightly or wrongly. So, to compare tithe with a letter, err, it's somehow. Besides I'm not applying for anything with my tithe because 'for me' it's a must and there's guarantee for the outcome of paying tithe which is not so for an uncertain application letter.

Then, you can't compare God with mere man. He's Omniscient. If that GM was omniscient, won't he know that I made an application? But God knows that you did tithe (or apply as you say). My brother, that's all that really matters. The effect of the tithe has never been my business and never will be. I'm not a council member in church to be concerned about that.

Just do your part with the right attitude, and God will do His. It's a covenant. It's simple. Thank God my eyes have been opened to truths about tithing. I'm hoping yours would be open too. wink
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Haha...was simply writing out those Scriptures you said we should read. Thought it would be easier for some folks. Me is not preaching to you in the least oh. Trust you had a restful night. Happy holidays!

Lol. Alright Ma. Ny night was rejuvenating, thank God. I believe yours was also and happy holidays to you too. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I have some questions on Tithe brother.

Who are we to pay tithe to?

I just noticed BreezyRita may have answered that. People feel we pay to the pastors, but we're paying to God's storehouse (the church in our days). God's work on earth needs to be financed in one way or the other and apart from other forms of giving, tithting is one sure-fire way of getting finances.

It's just a pity that some pastors have allowed greed to make them steal from this money. But some never touch tithe for personal gains. In fact, my pastor pays his tithe too. I'm not a member of the council of the church, I don't know what's being done with the money but all I know is I need the positives in Mal 3:8 - 10 to be my portion and the negatives from same scripture to stay away from me. smiley
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

Even if satanism and mysticism are the ONLY religions in the world, I WON'T be a member due to experience.

These questions I ask are based on what we were told. We all met these teachings and it formed the basis of what we are today. I question these teachings because they appear confusing.

God can be all loving and all. But how you tell me matters. I hope you get my drift.

There are those who left the occult and joined Christianity. And the reverse is the same. And they both "claimed" to have "peace".

Hmm. Well, I get you. After all, in this same christianity, we have many denominations and some are erring, some that are not erring have differences in beliefs with others not erring too. The Bible mentioned something about that. But may God help us oo.
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2015
On tithing, this is my story.

I didn't use to pay tithes before, not because I don't have but I didn't have a solid understanding on it. I would pay this month and the next time would be 3 months after. Not until I saw Malachi 8 - 12 for myself.

I wouldn't post those verses here but meditating on them set me free (and they would set you free if you meditate on them too). Forget that it's in the old testament, it's still God's word. Then coupled with John 3:27, 1 Cor 4:7 and some christian literature, I got my own revelation on giving generally (tithing, offering, others).

See, your pastor eats the tithe money shouldn't be your business. God only sees your heart and blesses you for what He sees in it. Now, if in your heart, you think your pastor would eat it when you're giving it, you'll lose its blessings because you didn't give cheerfully but grudgingly. Those pastors that hammer on paying tithe, some they do it for personal gains (with spiritual implications), some they do it because they know it's for your good.

Since I started paying my tithe consistently, I've not fallen sick. I've not lost any money. I've not tasted drugs (because He said I'll rebuke the devourer for my sake). I've been blessed all-round. And funny enough, this tithe was like #200 at some point. It became #1000. I know it'll get to millions because when God says He'll bless you for something, He means it. He even exalted His Word more than Himself. Ah :O

Mehn, the ball is in your court oo. When things are not working, don't blame God if you haven't done your part. He would not do His part either. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

This is not a contest or war! Maybe you didn't ask some questions like I've asked here.

I'll let it slide and end with "OK"

War? Not at all. After all, I called you brother. smiley

I saw a thread on a guy who claims he was once a christian, and he became a satanist because of the questions he was asking and he didn't get answers to. Now he thinks he has found his answers in satanism. Well, you just have to take a chill on questions, because you may cross the line.

I hope you remain in the race. I trust that things would work soon if you keep believing and walking with God a day at a time.

God bless us. smiley

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Hi guys

Hi. You're welcome. smiley
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

There are some questions that are really unprofitable. There are some questions that are fo.olish.

However, some questions are not. These questions help to strengthen your faith in whatever you believe in. Don't you think asking us not to ask these questions is unfair and could be a way to "hide" things from us?

We refer to the Bible as a perfect dynamic book. Both close reading of it would reveal some contradictions - I know most people will hold me here - but even real Christians (even some pastors) cannot deny it.

Have you observed that those who just decide to be Christians in their heart, do so not because of any compelling or fear - as we see these days, or dwelling on such verse that says we shouldn't ask some pertinent questions?

It is like saying I should have faith. If I have faith and exercise patience, and things are just not working, don't you think I'll begin to question my faith? Or maybe something has not happened to you that really shook your faith.

I could also ask you questions that could shake your beliefs especially when you use the Bible as your yard stick. But I won't. I've seen things. Am very observant.

My brother, I'm intransigent, I'm obdurate, I'm obstinate concerning my beliefs! There's NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING that you would ask or say that would shake my faith. Hehe. I've read things too, I've seen things too, and I've given up on such things because of those verses I shared initially.

But, why would you want my faith to be shaken though? Is that your motive/goal here? Let me tell you Sir, you'll fail with me. You say things shook your faith? Hmm. What are those things? What are those beliefs? You mentioned patience, have you lived as old as Abraham to know what patience is? Lol.

All I can tell you is if you're in the WRONG CHURCH, you should find another now. Because not all churches are doing the work of the Kingdom genuinely. And if it's you doing things wrongly, then you need to search for those having things working from them and learn from them. So, it's left to you.
Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:
OP, do something about the title of the thread, if you can. I almost avoided it due to its caption.

Good works here. For now, I'm just on the sidelines.

I advise you keep off contentious issues FOR NOW!

Lol, @ first statetement, my second.
@ last statement, yes, such issues are trivial. I came here so that we'll exhort one another as Hebrews 3:10 says. For arguments, God told me to avoid them, so I just can't argue.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
I love this. ..looked for those scriptures n didn't fine dem. tanks alot

You're welcome Sir. I'm glad I shared smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:00am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

To answer your question, am NOT an atheists.

These questions I ask are questions faithful do ponder about themselves.

I have lots and doubts BUT it doesn't make me an atheists. So dear, am not here to contest your beliefs but seek answers or insights. If you have any, I would love to read it.

Good morning!

Cc: HFOG

Sir, I'll drop 3 verses for you.

1. 1 Tim 1:4 "neither pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which cause disputes, rather than God’s stewardship, which is in faith"
2. 2 Tim 2:16 "But shun empty chatter, for it will increase unto more ungodliness,"
3. Titus 3:9 "But avoid foolish questionings, genealogies, strife, and disputes about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

I don't know whether you're a christian but I just took out those verses from the Holy Bible. That Book is so complete! I am a very curious individual too, having questions that no one can give me an answer to and I'll get satisfied with the answer. We're humans, and it's good to question somethings.

But I realised that the devil backs me up in my questioning. How? At some point, I'll just want to cease staying in my faith. Meaning I'll just want to become an atheist or an agnostic but those verses set me free. Asking so many questions would lead to more ungodliness, would lead to arguements, and strives as the bible says.

So, my own is just to believe what I have in my Bible ALONE. And the main thing is to come to the knowledge of the truth that Jesus Chirst is the only way to eternal life. Any other thing is trivial.

A gospel musician, Lecrae said “If I’m wrong about God then I wasted my life. If you’re wrong about God then you wasted your eternity.” Wow! That's just one mad summary. It made me realise there's nothing to lose believing in Jesus. And if Jesus is not real, then I've wasted my life serving Him on earth, but if He is and I don't serve Him, I've wasted my life now on earth and in eternity. That's something to cogitate deeply on.

God Bless smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2015
I'll like to use an example of worldly/secular music. Before 2013, I used to listen to all them lil wayne, drake, eminem, name them even though some of their lyrics were so raw. But my love for God then was still in it's babyhood stage. I wanted to stop but I didn't look for a replacement to aid in stopping. Then I'll go back to my secular.

But when I was growing in God for real, replacements came automatically. In fact I didn't know there was such a huge gospel music ministry out there then. Right now, all those songs are past tense and my gospel songs are over a thousand now and to go back to secular, for me, is impossible.

Some might say secular music is not bad; well, if such songs would always talk about girls, money and others, making me think more on those things and shifting my focus from God, then na, I can't be a fan of such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Here we go...
I can do anything I want to if Christ has not said no, but some of these things aren't good for me. Even if I'm allowed to do them, I'll refuse to if I think they might get such a grip on me that I can't easily stop when I want to. For instance, take the matter of eating. God has given us an appetite for food and stomachs to digest it. But that doesn't mean we should eat more than we need. Don't think of eating as important, because some day God will do away with both stomachs and eating.

You are certainly free to eat food offered to idols if you want to; it's not against God's laws to eat such meat, but that doesn't mean you should go ahead and do it. It maybe perfectly legal, but it may not be best and helpful. Don't think only of yourself. Try to think of the other fellow, too, and what is best for him.

Lol, you sound like you're preaching to me or trying to convince me. All you've done is to actually make what all I said lucid by expatiating on it with those examples.

Thanks for that smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
I almost ignored this thread thinking it's for LFC members alone, of which I'm not. (I have nothing against them tho cos I have spiritual fathers from there). But I like that it's generally for everyone.

I would only like to say little about the ongoing discussion here (hope I'm permitted)?
A scripture in the bible changed my perspective about whatever activities I want to get involved in. It's 1 Cor 6:12/10:23. They say almost the same thing. I'll like you to read those verses and meditate on them. You'll realise that in as much as you have the freedom to do anything that is not wrong/not a sin, does what you're doing edify/ build you up spiritually?

Do read it first and then we can discuss more. smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Has Anyone Seen Someone Healed Of HIV/AIDS by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Sir, I don't need to have a relative nor a close friend who has been infected with the virus to know that people have been healed of the disease before. Testimonies from some churches whose pastors are 'really called' by God are there to make you believe (except you choose to doubt).

Testimonies from Dunamis church (Abj), Salvation ministries (Ph), Living faith (Winners, Ota) would make you know that healing of any kind of disease is possible because all things are possible with the true God.

I mentioned those locations because that's where the churches are headquatered. I can't guarantee that other branches are doing things right.

Mind you I'm not a member of any of those churches but I'm a follower of the men (founders) because I hpnour them. They are true ambassadors of Jesus Christ.
Religion / Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
boujaye:
Hello brethren in the house,

How can one get revived and how can it be preserved?Your sincere contributions, please.

Evening brother. I would like to contribute but I don't wanna assume I understand your question yet. Preserved azin how?
Literature / Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
fritxie101:
Am just a beginner, but had ny start with th Art of War by Sun Tsu. Would really appreciate recommendations from you all, especially on leadership.

Lool, you started with that book? It took me weeks to complete the book (though it was of not much volume) because I couldn't flow in the beginning and I had so many other unread books. But it's a good book on management. Might go back to it someday.

For books on Leadership, I can't recall names now but I can recall some authors: John C. Maxwell, Stephen R. Covey, Jack Welch, Dale Carnegie. There are many others but if you read leadership books written by those men alone you won't remain the same. smiley

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Akposb:
@4rmguest2member, thanks for the research, didn't share it when I got it as a whatsapp message.

It's a pleasure Sir. smiley
Literature / Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
letsbet:
@ 4rmGuest2member:
I have the same problem of setting Goals but not accomplishing them too. I'll try and read the book. thanks for sharing and goodluck on ur journey to "setting goals and succesfully accomplising them".

I'm glad sharing has given you a crave to read the book too. I can guarantee that you'll be a goal accomplisher thereafter! And thanks Sir. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Literature / Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sincerely it's tough to select a particular book, because many have impacted on me in my spirituality, relationships, etc, but right now I'll go for: GOALS by Brian Tracy.

Why? Since I completed that book, I've been conscious about setting both short and long term goals on courses to take, books to read within set times and I've been successful in accomplishing some and I'm looking forward to accomplishing more. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2015
Akposb:
ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING NEWS! ALL MUST KNOW!

IF YOU OWN A NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (NIV) BIBLE.

DID YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS WRITTEN BY ZONDERVAN AND THEY OWNED BY HARPER COLLINS, WHO ALSO PUBLISHED THE SATANIC BIBLE, AND THE JOY OF GAY SEX.

NIV HAS REMOVED 64,575 WORDS FROM THE BIBLE INCLUDING JEHOVAH, CALVARY, HOLY GHOST AND OMNIPOTENT, TO NAME BUT A FEW........

NIV HAS ALSO REMOVED 45 COMPLETE VERSES.

MOST OF US HAVE THE BIBLE ON OUR PHONES. TRY AND FIND THESE SCRIPTURES UNDER NIV ON YOUR PHONE RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT IS TRUE.

MATTHEW 18:11__ FOR THE SON OF MAN IS COME TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST.

MATTHEW 23:14___ WOE UNTO YOU, SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, HYPOCRITES! FOR YE DEVOUR WIDOW' S HOUSES, AND FOR A PRETENCE MAKE LONG PRAYER, THEREFORE YE SHALL RECEIVE A GREATER DAMNATION.

MARK 7:16__ IF ANY MAN HAS EARS TO HEAR, LET HIM HEAR.

MARK 9:44___ WHERE THEIR WORM DIE NOT, AND FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

MARK 9:46___ WHERE THEIR WORM DIE NOT, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

LUKE 17:36__ TWO MEN SHALL BE IN THE FIELD: THE ONE SHALL BE TAKEN AND THE OTHER LEFT.

LUKE 23:17__ (FOR OF NECESSITY HE MUST RELEASE ONE UNTO THEM AT THE FEAST)

JOHN 5:4__ FOR AN ANGEL WENT DOWN AT A CERTAIN SEASON INTO THE POLL, AND TROUBLED THE WATER: WHOSOEVER THEN FIRST AFTER THE TROUBLING OF THE WATER STEPPED IN WAS MADE WHOLE OF WHATSOEVER DISEASE HE HAD.

ACTS 8:37__ AND PHILIP SAID YE THAT BELIEVETH WITH ALL THY HEART, THOU MAYEST. AND HE ANSWERED AND SAID, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD.

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES. THESE VERSES ARE NOT IN NIV BIBLE!!!

LET'S NOT FORGET WHAT THE WORD SAYS IN ____ JOHN 10:10. {KING JAMES VERSION}.

LET OTHERS BE AWARE OF IT. SEND THIS TO ALL YOUR TRUE FRIENDS.

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO IN JESUS NAME.

Well, see my last post here: https://www.nairaland.com/2427100/shocking-facts-didnt-know-new#35670751

Let me know what you think.
Religion / Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2015
Blossom023:

yh did we quarrel?

Quarrel? No. Why would we quarrel? Why did you ask though?
Religion / Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Blossom023:

welcome.

Haha. cheesy It's a funny coincidence that you're the one who welcomed me.

Thank you. smiley
Religion / Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is my first time here. I saw the number of pages on this thread so far and had morale to read just the very first page! Lol cheesy

Looking forward to lovely exhortations here from this time forth.

Who welcomes me? smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello all. I copied this from a group where I brought up this topic.

1. I did my research on the Zondervan thingy and here's what I got-

Zondervan is a Christian publishing company. It was later bought by Harper Collins in 1988,long long after they had published versions of the Bible as the Amplified and NIV versions. Zondervan became an imprint of Harper Collins, i.e a publishing company under a bigger publishing company.
So do we blame Zondervan, who probably was going under before a bigger company owned by an unbeliever came in and bought it off It's pure business! This is why more Christians are needed in big time money and business before even worse things happen...

Harper Collins is not a Christian publishing company. They publish all kind of books ranging from academia to politics and sex. In other words, they have a book for EVERYONE .
Zondervan became the Christian imprint(Christian arm) of Harper Collins after it was bought off in 1988.

There's something about manuscripts and original translations of manuscripts.
I checked out ALL those Scriptures, if you look well, you'll see they have keys on them marked with small letters, check those letters on the lower part of that same page and it was clearly stated that some manuscript say this and they refer you to another book and verse were those exact words are written! This majorly happened in the four gospel books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were they all tell the same stories but by different people hence different accounts from different perspectives!
This is why it is advisable you don't study with only one translation. Use many translations to get the account from different perspectives.
Haven't you heard also that the Message version sometimes over-extends a verse that it loses its original meaning for the sake of putting it in plain English? Selah !

Why haven't we complained about some books that were taken out of the good news version.. Or haven't you noticed that some books with strange names in the good news version aren't even in the King James version?

Pls, try to research on controversial topics and not just open Google and read the first review that some guy without indepth knowledge uploads and take it as truth, for the mere reason it's on Google.

2. HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM NIV BIBLE PUBLISHERS! PLEASE REBROADCAST AS WIDE AS POSSIBLE TO SHAME THE DEVIL!!!

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for checking on this before forwarding such false and misleading statements. It is good to see a Christian who uses their mind before simply believing such nonsense.

These statements are false and silly and promoted either by those who don't know any better or who are intentionally trying to mislead. They have been promoted by some people for the last 40 years or so, but were refuted by good conservative scholars from the very beginning.

First, the NIV does not remove ANY verses. Instead, like all good Bible translations, the NIV omits statements that were added later and WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT. When the KJV was translated, the translators had only a few manuscripts of the New Testament available to them and these were very late (mostly from the Middle Ages). We now have hundreds of earlier and more reliable manuscripts. Scholars today recognize that we have a Greek text today that is much closer to the original than the KJV translators had available to them. So all modern versions (except the NKJV) use these older manuscripts. Even the NKJV puts the better readings in the footnotes (look for the abbreviation NU, which refers to the earlier and better manuscripts).

Remember that the original books of the Bible had no chapter or verse divisions. These were added later. So to say that there are "verses" missing is wrong. What are "missing" are phrases or sentences that were added by later scribes and were not part of the original text. The NIV, like all modern versions, seeks to preserve what was originally there. Read the Preface to the NIV and some of this is explained.

As far as the homosexual statement is concerned, this is simply false. None of the translators of the NIV were homosexuals (or Satanists!). All were conservative evangelical Christians fully committed to the inspiration and inerrancy of the text. For the names of the present and past committee members, see

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/the-niv-bible/meet-the-translators/
http://www.bible-researcher.com/niv-translators.html

Just check passages on homosexuality in the NIV and you will see that the NIV is not "soft" on homosexuality. Here are the main passages:

Lev. 18:22 “ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Lev. 20:13 “ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Rom. 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Tim. 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

So you see, these accusations are false and slanderous. It is a shame that many Christians are out to attack others rather than to promote the good news.

Thanks again for your question.

Blessings,

Mark Strauss.

So, it's left to us.

1 Like

Religion / Re: The End Is Near. by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Blossom023

"God has already seen the end and he knows those that will end up there."

I didn't pay attention to this earlier but that's not a right assertion ma'am. When I was growing, and I was told that God knows those that would end up in heaven or hell already (just like you said), I was like seriously? That means I'm wasting my time going to church now if I'm still going to end up In hell: why not let me live my life anyhow I want to? Do you get? I know I'm not the only one to have thought that way. I'm sure it's the reason why a lot of
people have erred too.

In God's plan, it's very possible for everyone to make heaven. But since He gave man free-will, we can make decisions that would not lead us there. Let me explain, if you were to make two choices between 'a' and 'b', and any choice you make is final, God knows what's going to occur next after you choose 'a'. If you choose 'b', He knows what's going to occur next after you choose 'b'. It doesn't mean He knows what choice exactly you'll make (since He gave us free-will), but He knows every single outcome of every decision/choice we make.

That's why if a man is close to God, and maybe (for instance) one day that man was about to board a bus, He'll tell the man not to board the bus. Why? Because He knows that the man may die in an accident entering that particular bus or maybe he would be robbed in the bus. But that same man might decide to shun God, and board the bus anyway maybe because that's the only available bus, and he'll suffer the consequences of disobeying. Or rather, he might listen, miss that bus and then board another one only to discover the bus he missed, because he obeyed God, experienced something terrible.

So yes, God is Omniscient, He knows all things, but not in the way you said it. Besides, if He already knows who will end up where, what's the point trying to change that by preaching the gospel to someone already 'destined' for hell? But by God's grace, no one is destined for hell, and so long as an unbeliever is alive, it's never too late for him/her to come to the knowledge of the truth and get saved, so we mustn't cease witnessing! I hope you'll get. smiley

1 Like

Religion / Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'll suggest that KJV should be the 'number one' bible that we christians use then some other versions can be used for further understanding if needed. I think amplified is still okay though, but KJV should be every christian's property!

I don't just get how Matt 17:21 "howbeit, this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting" can be deliberately omitted if it's not a scheme of the devil. If people don't know they are to pray and fast to cast out devils, demon possessed people go just dey pounce on them anyhow if them wan follow them pray. Lol.
Religion / Re: The End Is Near. by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Blossom023:

Assemblies of God church.

The church/denomination of the 'dangerous' men and women of God. That's good. Keep the fire burning!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.