Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. (2483 Views)

I Told My NIGERIAN Family I'm GAY / I Just Confirmed I'm Gay / If A Lady Is Looking You Dead Straight In The Eye During Sex, She Wants Ur Baby! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
To be able to express one's self in an articulate spontaneous manner (in art, drawing, imagination) both subjectively and objectively, one needs to be as gay as a dollar bill and as Tim cook combined.
When it comes down to racking my psyche, I'm gay just a little bit. But beyond that I consider myself as straight as the word itself.
As eccentric and bizarre as it may sound, it's certainly far from being a grotesque distortion of reality.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
To be able to express one's self in an articulate spontaneous manner (in art, drawing, imagination) both subjectively and objectively, one needs to be as gay as a dollar bill and as Tim cook combined.
When it cones to racking my psyche, I'm gay just a little bit. But beyond that I consider myself as straight as the word itself.
As eccentric and bizarre as it may sound, it's certainly far from being a grotesque distortion of reality.
Interesting....how is art “gay?”
If it’s an extension of how you express yourself why does it have a sexuality? And when you say “gay” lesbian or homosexual?
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Deicide: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
This Guy doesn't know what he is saying grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

Interesting....how is art “gay?”
If it’s an extension of how you express yourself why does it have a sexuality? And when you say “gay” lesbian or homosexual?
@ bold
I can only speculate.
But quite a few studies show gay men are more artistic, vain, and beauty-oriented, taking Gianni Versace and literally scores of HOMOSEXUAL men who excel in the fashion industry.
The Rainbow LGBT banner reflects the homosexual men, so to produce results similar to these, one must put on a prerentious charade and become a gay poser internally.
This thread focus on the queer men.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
You are probably gay if you think about it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by faithfull18(f): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
Who are you trying to convince, hmmn I mean confuse.

1 Like

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Yudee8(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm wondering what "gay arts" and "straight arts" mean. what do you also mean my "gay psyche" ?
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by ERORR404(m): 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
When it comes down to racking my psyche, I'm gay just a little bit. But beyond that I consider myself as straight as the word itself.
But no one asked you na undecided
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
@ bold
I can only speculate.
But quite a few studies show gay men are more artistic, vain, and beauty-oriented, taking Gianni Versace and literally scores of HOMOSEXUAL men who excel in the fashion industry.
The Rainbow LGBT banner reflects the homosexual men, so to produce results similar to these, one must put on a prerentious charade and become a gay poser internally.
This thread focus on the queer men.

This is how I look at it
The Arts especially where Fashion is concerned , Music and Theater/Silverscreen were historically the only places were gay men could flourish without discrimination from mainstream society. Gianni was never openly gay very few designers are . They live notoriously private lives. The world of Art in its many forms has always been liberal and fluid when it comes to sexuality look at the The Renaissance period from an art perspective, art shifted from being about saints and heavenly beings to reflect nudity, erotic themes and there was less restriction when it came to subject matters being painted. Artists had more artistic licence. Fashion and music are like that. You are free and accepted.

Male Actors historically used to play both male and females roles, women did not act. It was considered uncouth. Why there are more male gay designers though? It’s not a testosterone driven field, it’s about finesse, delicateness and expression of the sublime. robably, because their sex drive doesn’t stand in the way as it would in an all male heterosexual world were competition is based on who has the biggest d**k rather than who can articulate a described vision onto fabric. They legitimely care about “style” and “grace” and “elegance”, and they know the rules of the intra-sexual competition among females. They understand why it is such a defeat to wear the wrong handbag, the wrong skirt. These things matter to women believe me.
Now I am not saying straight men don’t make the best designers but all my favourite designers are gay.
Ellie Saab
Valentino
McQueen (late)
Oscar de la Renta (late)
Byredo ( perfume) &
Tom Ford

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

This is how I look at it
The Arts especially where Fashion is concerned , Music and Theater/Silverscreen were historically the only places were gay men could flourish without discrimination from mainstream society. Gianni was never openly gay very few designers . They live notoriously private lives. The world of Art in its many forms has always been liberal and fluid when it comes to sexuality look at the The Renaissance period from an art perspective, shifted from being about saints and heavenly beings to reflect nudity, erotic themes and there was less restriction when it comes to subject matters being painted. Artists had more artistic licence. Fashion and music are like that. You are free and accepted.

Male Actors historically used to play both male and females roles, women did not act. It was considered uncouth. Why there are more male gay designers though? It’s not a testosterone driven field, it’s about finesse, delicateness and expression of the sublime. robably, because their sex drive doesn’t stand in the way as it would in a all make heterosexual world were competition is based on who has the biggest d**k rather than who can articulate a described vision onto fabric. They legitimely care about “style” and “grace” and “elegance”, and they know the rules of the intra-sexual competition among females. They understand why it is such a defeat to wear the wrong handbag, the wrong skirt. These things matter to women believe me.
Now I am not saying straight men don’t make the best designers but all my favourite designers are gay.
Ellie Saab
Valentino
McQueen (late)
Oscar de la Renta (late)
Byredo ( perfume) &
Tom Ford
terrific!
Eloquently written.
Thanks.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
terrific!
Eloquently written.
Thanks.
You have confused a few gentlefolk with your post. But I did get what it is you meant.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Randy100: 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Art is the expression of oneself in a creative ways. Therefore, you are expressing your gay nature in a creative way. NB. I did not call you gay, I only implied that grin
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

You have confused a few gentlefolk with your post. But I did get what it is you meant.
yeah. I'm actually really far from being homophobic, I've embraced the gay man and try to think the same way he does, and understand the incentives behind his action (especially in design and flashy stuff). They may not be degenerates and depraved entites after all considering their immense contributions to the world, from Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel, Michael Kors, Yves Laurent, Jean paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Thierry Mugler, Alexandra McQueen.
Queerness is high fashion and vice versa.
Au contraire, women should in fact be less homophobic because literally everything they dress in is queer owned. Except a few like Tommy Hilfiger
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
I like the word you used "art" that's more like it, I had a friend in the university that's just like you, he's straight but can only express himself in a gay ish way smiley
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
yeah. I'm actually really far from being homophobic, I've embraced the gay man and try to think the same way he does, and understand the incentives behind his action (especially in design and flashy stuff). They may not be degenerates and depraved entites after all considering their immense contributions to the world, from Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel, Michael Kors, Yves Laurent, Jean paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Thierry Mugler, Alexandra McQueen.
Queerness is high fashion and vice versa.
Au contraire, women should in fact be less homophobic because literally everything they dress in is queer owned. Except a few like Tommy Hilfiger
Ralph Lauren
Louis Vuitton
Guccio Gucci ( Gucci)
Are others who are/were heterosexual
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

Ralph Lauren
Louis Vuitton
Guccio Gucci ( Gucci)
Are others who are/were heterosexual
absolutely!
But the number of HOMOSEXUAL men in the fashion and design industry undoubtedly exceeds the straight men, they're quite living up to the common conservative cliché that the fashion industry embraces homosexuality and then helps to hide it.
As Gianni Versace would say "It's all about you in the dress, I'm not important, my goal is to make you look beautiful", fashion has always been a safe haven for gay men bcuz they're obsessed and fixated on things like this (excluding maybe Nigeria where everyone never follows their passion grin). Gay men covet youth, vanity and lust, even the ones with no interest in fashion still have an enormous grandiloquent and ostentatious sense of style. It may be stereotypical assuming all men in the fashion industry are gay, but majority are even if they deny it.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by BillGoldberg: 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
You be pure homo (Okpontu Ola na ike)... Leave all this long talk abeg.

1 Like

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
absolutely!
But the number of HOMOSEXUAL men in the fashion and design industry undoubtedly exceeds the straight men, they're quite living up to the common conservative cliché that the fashion industry embraces homosexuality and then helps to hide it.
As Gianni Versace would say "It's all about you in the dress, I'm not important, my goal is to make you look beautiful", fashion has always been a safe haven for gay men bcuz they're obsessed and fixated on things like this (excluding maybe Nigeria where everyone never follows their passion grin). Gay men covet youth, vanity and lust, even the ones with no interest in fashion still have an enormous grandiloquent and ostentatious sense of style. It may be stereotypical assuming all men in the fashion industry are gay, but majority are even if they deny it.

They don’t deny it as there is an abundance in regards freedom of expression and room to express it. No one gets judged.
However being camp does not mean you are gay.
In Victorian England being debonair, attending to your physical and personal appearance was the norm. When did being flashy or ostentatious equate to being?
That is indeed a stereotype.....
You can be be very camp and be hetrosexual .
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

They don’t deny it as there is an abundance in regards freedom of expression and room to express it. No one gets judged.
In Victorian England being debonair, attending to your physical and personal appearance was the norm. When did being flashy or ostentatious equate to being?
yeah, terribly true. Thanks for indulging me in this conversation, one hardly finds rational nigerians to discuss subjects like this together given that everyone is acting oblivious and walking around in a state of denial when it comes to homosexuality topics. I'm indeed pleased and terribly flattered.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
Durentt:
absolutely!

They don’t deny it as there is an abundance in regards to freedom of expression and room to express it. No one gets judged when expressing your vision.
In Victorian England being debonair, attending to your physical and personal appearance was the norm. Men wore make up and in the West wearing of wigs,makeup & lipstick was indiscriminate, especially amongst the aristocrats look at European history from the late to early 16th century onwards When did being flashy or ostentatious equate to being gay?
In many African societies male adornments and attending to your hair and general appearance is part and parcel of who you are it’s not about your sexuality.
Read about the Wodaabe and their Gerewol festival.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Brokeboy111(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
What sort of stupidity is this??
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 03, 2019
Comment anyhow on this thread and expose your level of Olodo... Lmfao cheesy grin

See Intelligent banter up there

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2019
Nigerians don't understand artgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Comment anyhow on this thread and expose your level of Olodo... Lmfao cheesy grin

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 04, 2019
Durentt:

Post one of your art.

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 04, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

This one is easily fooled by big words. I can already tell that they don't even understnad themselves. They're not even on the same page. grin ;DLiterally talking about different thing's.

Durrent post one of your art.

boards.4chan.org/ic

Or post your art in the board and get critique from other artist.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2019
the rain girl knows what she's talking about though. she's one smart cookie, no be today
Admin401:

This one is easily fooled by big words. I can already tell that they don't even understnad themselves. They're not even on the same page. grin ;DLiterally talking about different thing's.

boards.4chan.org/ic

Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2019
Admin401:

boards.4chan.org/ic

I've said my own.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by kay9(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
@OP,
Live your life bro, and by all means explore all the straight and gay themes you desire to. You don't owe anybody an explanation. I'm not really an art enthusiast, but I recently saw a picture of the "Ikot woman of war" statue in front of the Women's War Museum, Ikot Abasi - she is shown breaking a British colonial soldier's gun across her knee with her bare hands - and i couldn't help appreciating how perfectly shaped her breasts were! Oh, and did I mention it was just the perfect size of n!pples? grin Artists certainly get away with lots of things, cos nowhere else will a nude woman be openly gawked at and applauded.

@MissRaine69
Agbogho amuru na mma! Achala-ugo nwanyi! Ebubediya! No be today I begin genuflect at the altar of your intelligence. kiss
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by kay9(m): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
-
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Deicide:
This Guy doesn't know what he is saying grin
No, it’s you that does not understand him.
Re: I'm Gay In My Art, And Straight In Life. by MissRaine69(f): 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
kay9:
@OP,
Live your life bro, and by all means explore all the straight and gay themes you desire to. You don't owe anybody an explanation. I'm not really an art enthusiast, but I recently saw a picture of the "Ikot woman of war" statue in front of the Women's War Museum, Ikot Abasi - she is shown breaking a soldier's gun across her knee with her bare hands - and i couldn't help appreciating how perfectly shaped her breasts were! Oh, and did I mention it was just the perfect size of n!pples? grin Artists certainly get away with lots of things, cos nowhere else will a nude woman be openly gawked at and applauded.

@MissRaine69
Agbogho amuru na mma! Achala-ugo nwanyi! Ebubediya! No be today I begin genuflect at the altar of your intelligence. kiss
I had to ask someone to translate the Igbo my talents have limits but I am working on it.
Thank you .......and you are welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Know If A Man Is Single Or Not? / What A Guest House Manager Did To One Of My Girl / 4 Types Of Confused Men In This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.