Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63317 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:36am On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=Jmyno1H post=77179525]Hello pls.

Please I complained about my Acura MDX here and was advised to have it diagnosed. Please the codes from the diagnosis are:
P0967 and U0107

Please what are the possible reasons for the transmission.Thank you.[/quote. This are the code P0967 >. Pressure solenoid (B) Circuit.
CAUSE > 1) Defective pressure control solenoid
2). Contaminated transmission fluid
3). Restricted transmission filter
4). Defective transmission pump.
5). Defective transmission valve body.6). Block hydraulic passage.
7). Faulty or damage wiring. In some case if the code is not (7) i will advice you to change the transmission. cause this is what causes the abnormal behaviour of your transmission and do not allow any technician too loose the transmission in the name of repair. It will just make the situation worst. U0107 > Lost communication with Throttle actuator. Which means the car is not idling properly .
But i will advice you to take it to the autos workshop for proper diagnosis.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Jmyno1H(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=larrixauto2017 post=77189616][/quote] Thank you so much. Please where is your workshop so that I can bring the car.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oluwealth(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2019
larrixauto2017:
. I don't really advice some one to go get a nigeria used car. But if the want the car should be check by a trusted mechanic. As for the car it is well economical but it suffer from suspension problem. And for the transmission type i will urge to get an automatic one but shud be maintane by a good technician. Thank you

Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
oluwealth:

Thanks
You are welcome sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by calculation(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
calculation:
What is your say on the use of Total quartz 9000 5W40 full synthetic instead of 5W30 ?

larrixauto2017:
. Sir is the 5w30 a synthetic also and what type of car did you want to use for

Let me say honda K24 and K20 engine. Also 5W30 is synthetic.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
calculation:

Let me say honda K24 and K20 engine. Also 5W30 is synthetic.
The 5W30 And 5W40 Are both recommend for the k24 and k20 engine. Meaning you can use any of them on both engine. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by calculation(m): 3:36am On Apr 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
The 5W30 And 5W40 Are both recommend for the k24 and k20 engine. Meaning you can use any of them on both engine. Thank you
Thanks for this clarification
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by OmoIREFIN: 3:52am On Apr 03, 2019
Pls house, I washed the engine of my Toyota Highlander and it's vibrating and dragging, even not moving as fast as it was prior to washing. My mechanic has changed the plugs and checked the coils but the problem persists. Kindly advise me pls. God bless you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:52am On Apr 03, 2019
calculation:
Thanks for this clarification
You are welcome sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2019
OmoIREFIN:
Pls house, I washed the engine of my Toyota Highlander and it's vibrating and dragging, even not moving as fast as it was prior to washing. My mechanic has changed the plugs and checked the coils but the problem persists. Kindly advise me pls. God bless you.
hello sir can you go and run a computerized sir befor i proceed answering your Answer cause it will give us the right layout of what we want to do. Are in lagos? If yes you can bring it down to the workshop for scanning. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by OmoIREFIN: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
hello sir can you go and run a computerized sir befor i proceed answering your Answer cause it will give us the right layout of what we want to do. Are in lagos? If yes you can bring it down to the workshop for scanning. Thank you
I'm in Lagos. Where's your workshop located? Thx.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2019
OmoIREFIN:

I'm in Lagos. Where's your workshop located? Thx.
lasu iba road sir. Call the manager for easy direction tell him you are from (shegzthecarguy) 08165520837 Or 08156087872 you can let me know if you call him. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by OmoIREFIN: 9:08am On Apr 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
lasu iba road sir. Call the manager for easy direction tell him you are from (shegzthecarguy) 08165520837 Or 08156087872 you can let me know if you call him. Thank you
That's too far from me, I'm in Ogba. Thx.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2019
OmoIREFIN:
That's too far from me, I'm in Ogba. Thx.
Okay you are welcome sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Ukeachu1(m): 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello ask your mechanic
g

good day. high humming noise when ac is turned on in a rav 4 2006. what could be the cause and remedy
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Ukeachu1:
g

good day. high humming noise when ac is turned on in a rav 4 2006. what could be the cause and remedy
Hello sir the ac compressor pulley and magnetic clutch plate/disc is bad in which it is not adviceable to repair than to replace the full compressor and when doing that make sure you change the drive belt / fan belt and check other pulley also. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by okerekeikpo: 3:24am On Apr 06, 2019
Hello sir plz my car is bringing out serious black smoke after the scan this is what I saw, how do I go about it, what could be the problem?

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2019
okerekeikpo:
Hello sir plz my car is bringing out serious black smoke after the scan this is what I saw, how do I go about it, what could be the problem?
sir summarize it and type it here i can nt see the writiting clearly
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ogaibe1(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2019
Hi I want to know more about 2010 Hyundai Santa fe how about performance service and parts
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by okerekeikpo: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2019
larrixauto2017:
sir summarize it and type it here i can nt see the writiting clearly
error codes PO231, PO501,P1507,P0204
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by codeKart(m): 9:41am On Apr 06, 2019
My oga,

I have a 2004 corolla. When I put it in gear, it shakes violently. Also, if I'm in slow moving traffic, it will just be shaking. What could be wrong?? I've tried to service the injector but the problem still continues
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by darejem2002: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Pls I have Mazda Xedos 9 and it is extremely overheating and I've done all I could to stop it but all proved abortive. What can I do?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by autologic: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
darejem2002:
Pls I have Mazda Xedos 9 and it is extremely overheating and I've done all I could to stop it but all proved abortive. What can I do?
Location ?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by autologic: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2019
darejem2002:
What attempt have you made to resolve this .
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
codeKart:
My oga,

I have a 2004 corolla. When I put it in gear, it shakes violently. Also, if I'm in slow moving traffic, it will just be shaking. What could be wrong?? I've tried to service the injector but the problem still continues
Hello sir i will advice you to go and run a scan first to know what exact is the problem. Are you in lagos. If yes.you can come down to our work shop or we we should come down to your place. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by autologic: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
okerekeikpo:
Your fuel pump design is two speed - High and low And the PCM determine the particular fuel speed at different conditions eg high speed @ starting and low speed @ idle.
The cause of the black smoke is that the fuel pump is put @ permanent high speed .
Hence your car will be perpetually and extremely consuming fuel @ all condition which is the reason for the black smoke.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by autologic: 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir i will advice you to go and run a scan first to know what exact is the problem. Are you in lagos. If yes.you can come down to our work shop or we we should come down to your place. Thank you
Diagnosis is a much better word instead of scan.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2019
okerekeikpo:
Hello sir throug what i saw hear now. They are fuel pump secondary circuit fault. Idle air valve fault. Injector circuit fault. Vehicle speed sensor fault. E.t.c the thing is that we will need to check on the car physically which means you can invite us too your place for further diagnosis but . NOTE - the repair will only be carry out at the workshop. Since you are not a car technician you will not be able to understand me if i start explaining how to carry out the repair thank you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
autologic:

Diagnosis is a much better word instead of scan.
Hey engineer you are right but did you know that we have types of car diagnosis.
1) mechanical diagnosis
2)electrical diagnosis
3)computer diagnosis/ computerized scanning which i called scan.
4) a/c diagnosis. E.t.c
Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by okerekeikpo: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir throug what i saw hear now. They are fuel pump secondary circuit fault. Idle air valve fault. Injector circuit fault. Vehicle speed sensor fault. E.t.c the thing is that we will need to check on the car physically which means you can invite us too your place for further diagnosis but . NOTE - the repair will only be carry out at the workshop. Since you are not a car technician you will not be able to understand me if i start explaining how to carry out the repair thank you.
where is ur shop, I stay at Ajah
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
okerekeikpo:
where is ur shop, I stay at Ajah
. Call the manager now and tell him you are from (shegzthecarguy) and tell him what you want he will also be the one to direct you down to the work shop. 08165520837 or 08156087872

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Kenneth Bramor Buys 2019 Bentley Super Luxury Car / Tesla Owner Implants Keys Into His Own Hands ( Pics, Video) / Just Saw A Toyota Ferari In Lagos Street.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.