Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63254 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by autologic: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hey engineer you are right but did you know that we have types of car diagnosis.
1) mechanical diagnosis
2)electrical diagnosis
3)computer diagnosis/ computerized scanning which i called scan.
4) a/c diagnosis. E.t.c
Thank you
Diagnosis simply is just a technical procedure to toubleshoot and narrow down the root cause of issue .
Depending on the issue at hand ,the procedure of diagnosis might not even involve scan at all .And most of the time scanning might just be one single test procedure out of 100 other numerous test to perfom a troubleshooting issues.

In Autologic workshop for only powertrain alone ,we have up to 50 diagnosis dedicated eqiupment and others troubleshooting procedure, scanning is just one out of numerous test like -Cylinder Compression ,Leak down test ,fuel pressure test ,evap leak test using smoke machine, temperature readout tools, radiator tester, electrical powerscan tool , Signal generator & analyser, labscope and so others ones
So with all the troubleshooting equipment & procedure mentioned above ,it will be technically incorrect to use the word "scanning" to refer to them all instead of Diagnosis
So using the word diagnosis refer to the general test .
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
autologic:

Diagnosis simply is just a technical procedure to toubleshoot and narrow down the root cause of issue .
Depending on the issue at hand ,the procedure of diagnosis might not even involve scan at .And most of the time scanning might just be a procedure out of numerous test to troubleshoot issue.
In Autologic workshop ,we have up to 50 diagnosis eqiupment and others troubleshooting procedure, scanning is just one out of numerous .
So using the word diagnosis is to refer to the general test .
okay thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by kanuisagoat: 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Ask your mechanic

Please what is this thing called, I just noticed it today. the rubber seems to have broken. Does it have any implication?

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
kanuisagoat:

Please what is this thing called, I just noticed it today. the rubber seems to have broken. Does it have any implication?
Stabilizer linkage yes it has an implication.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by captainking(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
larrixauto2017:
i intend to buy Honda civic 2006 model to 2009 model...any problems with the car..?? How much for the engine and gear..?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by kanuisagoat: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
larrixauto2017:

Thanks Oga
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
captainking:
i intend to buy Honda civic 2006 model to 2009 model...any problems with the car..?? How much for the engine and gear..?
They are good cars but there body is the main issue they get bad when getting older and also they have no 2nd value. But for the engine it is a strong one which have low maintainance cost. But require good technician. And for the transmission. Using of wrong oil damage it more quickly. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
kanuisagoat:

Thanks Oga
. You are welcome
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by captainking(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2019
larrixauto2017:
They are good cars but there body is the main issue they get bad when getting older and also they have no 2nd value. But for the engine it is a strong one which have low maintainance cost. But require good technician. And for the transmission. Using of wrong oil damage it more quickly. Thank you
thanks a lot...before i buy any car.. i always like to know the cost of the engine and gear incase i may need to change it later in the future..hence my enquiry about the price of the engine and gear
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
captainking:
thanks a lot...before i buy any car.. i always like to know the cost of the engine and gear incase i may need to change it later in the future..hence my enquiry about the price of the engine and gear
Yea it good but did you mean you want to know about the price
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by captainking(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Yea it good but did you mean you want to know about the price
yes..i wanna know the price of the engine and gear...
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
captainking:
yes..i wanna know the price of the engine and gear...
Then you will have to call the manager that you are from (shegzthecarguy) and tell him what you want 08165520837 Or 08156087872. You can let me know what he say after you called him. Thank you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by hardeybhayour(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2019
My Toyota sienna 2000 model is refusing to engage in the reverse gear, what can I do about it. Please advice me cause a mechanic came to check it out and said it the gear system that we have to change completely. Any suggestions
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
hardeybhayour:
My Toyota sienna 2000 model is refusing to engage in the reverse gear, what can I do about it. Please advice me cause a mechanic came to check it out and said it the gear system that we have to change completely. Any suggestions
Before concluding it is the gear you will have to do some mechanical diagnosing like 1)checking the gear cable 2)checking the gear level assembly 3) checking the park and neutral switch for the position of the right gear. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by olafriend88(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=larrixauto2017 post=77189616][/quote]

I will advice you to change the transmission because if use decide to change the solenoid complete it might not still work,but when you buy complete transmission that the solenoid have not been touch you will enjoy your car again
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by olafriend88(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]
kanuisagoat:

Its called stabilizer linkage,leave it as its broken,you can only change it, if its make noise
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by olafriend88(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
larrixauto2017:
Before concluding it is the gear you will have to do some mechanical diagnosing like 1)checking the gear cable 2)checking the gear level assembly 3) checking the park and neutral switch for the position of the right gear. Thank you

The mechanic is right, if you should repair it,it won't last long and it waste time,money and labour.
So its better to buy another transmission
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nembeboi: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
I drive a 2005 KIA SORENTO which i bought from a friend. One funny tin i notice wen wanting to start de car is dat it drags a bit as if de battery is down (de lights on de dashboard will be low and it wud be as if it wont start) although it usually starts. Dis doesn't happen all de time sha. It starts fast a few times. I was suspecting its de battery but a battery technician checked de alternator is charging very well and certified de battery ok. So what do u tink cud be causing it. Tanx
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
olafriend88:
[color=#006600][/color]

The mechanic is right, if you should repair it,it won't last long and it waste time,money and labour.
So its better to buy another transmission
Hello sir who said so? Or are you with the car and why did you conclude it the gear. And i did not say he should go for repair. I only advice him to check those part cause have seen a case like that in my workshop and all what i ask him to check can only be replace not repair. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
Nembeboi:
I drive a 2005 KIA SORENTO which i bought from a friend. One funny tin i notice wen wanting to start de car is dat it drags a bit as if de battery is down (de lights on de dashboard will be low and it wud be as if it wont start) although it usually starts. Dis doesn't happen all de time sha. It starts fast a few times. I was suspecting its de battery but a battery technician checked de alternator is charging very well and certified de battery ok. So what do u tink cud be causing it. Tanx
. Hello sir did the battery always drain down overnight? Is it the right alternator for the car? Have you ever change the fan belt all the alternator? The amps rating for the alternator are the battery are they the one specified for the car by the manufacturers? Some time if there is a loose conection at the kick starter also and responsible for it thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by hardeybhayour(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir who said so? Or are you with the car and why did you conclude it the gear. And i did not say he should go for repair. I only advice him to check those part cause have seen a case like that in my workshop and all what i ask him to check can only be replace not repair. Thank you
I will do that as soon as possible
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ASAbraham(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
goodday sir. I have Opel astra (zabira), ecotech engine, 1.8. the car started this funny sign of when gets hot, a light in the dashboard (car sign with spinner across) starts blinking. the battery had to be remove for minutes say 15-20 minutes before the car could start. mechanics, electricians and computer programmers have diagnosed but to no avail. this is really embarrassing, pls sir what is the actual issue.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
ASAbraham:
goodday sir. I have Opel astra (zabira), ecotech engine, 1.8. the car started this funny sign of when gets hot, a light in the dashboard (car sign with spinner across) starts blinking. the battery had to be remove for minutes say 15-20 minutes before the car could start. mechanics, electricians and computer programmers have diagnosed but to no avail. this is really embarrassing, pls sir what is the actual issue.
hello sir is the car conversion
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nembeboi: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2019
De car starts well in de morning meaning it doesn't drain at night. As of de alternator, i dunno if its de right one except i get a technician to check it out. Same with de battery and fan belt. I'm based in yenagoa. Tanx alot baba

larrixauto2017:
. Hello sir did the battery always drain down overnight? Is it the right alternator for the car? Have you ever change the fan belt all the alternator? The amps rating for the alternator are the battery are they the one specified for the car by the manufacturers? Some time if there is a loose conection at the kick starter also and responsible for it thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
Nembeboi:
De car starts well in de morning meaning it doesn't drain at night. As of de alternator, i dunno if its de right one except i get a technician to check it out. Same with de battery and fan belt. I'm based in yenagoa. Tanx alot baba

You are welcome sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ASAbraham(m): 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
larrixauto2017:
hello sir is the car conversion

no sir.

I have been using this car since 2014. this problem 2 months back. I'm just sick and tired of this blinking stuff..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
ASAbraham:

no sir.

I have been using this car since 2014. this problem 2 months back. I'm just sick and tired of this blinking stuff..
The problem of the car can only be diagnose at the workshop. Are you in lagos? If yes you can bring it down to our workshop
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ASAbraham(m): 12:32am On Apr 10, 2019
larrixauto2017:
The problem of the car can only be diagnose at the workshop. Are you in lagos? If yes you can bring it down to our workshop

no sir. I'm presently in Maiduguri cry
larrixauto2017:

no sir. I'm presently in Maiduguri
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:40am On Apr 10, 2019
ASAbraham:

no sir. I'm presently in Maiduguri cry

no sir. I'm presently in Maiduguri
hello sir go to an auto workshop that has a proffesional scanner to help you diagnose the car. After diagnosing they will will give the scan result then post the result for clear identification. And again what year is your car? In case the car computer (ecu) is not communicating with the scan tool or the scan tool is not powering up then we need to run a test...
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2019
Ask your mechanic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / Kenneth Bramor Buys 2019 Bentley Super Luxury Car / Tesla Owner Implants Keys Into His Own Hands ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.