Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63021 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Hello
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ASAbraham(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
larrixauto2017:
hello sir go to an auto workshop that has a proffesional scanner to help you diagnose the car. After diagnosing they
will will give the scan result then post the result for clear identification. And again what year is your car? In case the car computer (ecu) is not communicating with the scan tool or the scan tool is not powering up then we need to run a test...

the ecu is working. I need to visit another workshop for the diagnosis.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
ASAbraham:

the ecu is working. I need to visit another workshop for the diagnosis.
okay sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:14am On Apr 11, 2019
Ask your question
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Bash26(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
My 02 Avalon with 1mz vvti engine had oil pump issue . affected the crankshaft so i changed the crankshaft metals and main bearing plus the oil pump .the engine was put back . the problem now is the engine runs for lets say 30 secs and drops . if u on it again it will run so same period and drop am thinking is it mechanical or electrical maybe if the mechanic didn't plug something well because there's no security in the car . Help
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
Bash26:
My 02 Avalon with 1mz vvti engine had oil pump issue . affected the crankshaft so i changed the crankshaft metals and main bearing plus the oil pump .the engine was put back . the problem now is the engine runs for lets say 30 secs and drops . if u on it again it will run so same period and drop am thinking is it mechanical or electrical maybe if the mechanic didn't plug something well because there's no security in the car . Help
let the mechanic croscheck is work and that sound like a timming not properly set.thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Arysexy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
My Camry 2001 timing belt is cutting with reckless abandon. Just this year alone 4 times. It start by giving rattling sound when idling. Once I observed sound, I take it to mechanic to adjust as it usually slack. Pls, what should I change to make this timing belt cut stop. I love my Camry but the issue of timing belt now scares me from traveling with d car.

Pls help suggest what to change
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Arysexy:
My Camry 2001 timing belt is cutting with reckless abandon. Just this year alone 4 times. It start by giving rattling sound when idling. Once I observed sound, I take it to mechanic to adjust as it usually slack. Pls, what should I change to make this timing belt cut stop. I love my Camry but the issue of timing belt now scares me from traveling with d car.

Pls help suggest what to change
Hello sir my question is that did the timing belt is properly set? If yes then check out for the belt quality. And next when changing the belt change the component like the. Belt guide, belt tensioner and some other part in the timing component. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Hello
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oluwealth(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good evening sir.
My Toyota Avensis 04 is displaying ABS AND AIRBAG light.
Am I save to travel with it?
And what does the light displayed mean?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
Honda gurus in the house please help me....am using 2004 honda accord v6...i just got to notice that my car is consuming more fuel...i bought 10litres of fuel. my odometer show 140403 when i bought the fuel and now its showing the orange light that the fuel is low...and when i check my odometer its show 140425.

Please is this correct or the car is consuming much fuel.

I scan my car 2days ago also and its bring out this code p0325

please gurus in the house i need a response asap.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:29am On Apr 17, 2019
oluwealth:
Good evening sir.
My Toyota Avensis 04 is displaying ABS AND AIRBAG light.
Am I save to travel with it?
And what does the light displayed mean?
Hello sir. The ABS Light which your car is displaying mean ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM. Which monitor the braking system of your car. So if there is any fault with the brake system the ecu will on the light to tell the driver that there is a problem. Same thing goes to the airbag but the airbag provide a protection in a collision event. My Advice now is to go and get the car scan. Befor it get worst thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by idtwo: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2019
Hello sir. Pls is the Hyundai sonata 2009 a good car? What problems does it give and are the parts available?
How does it compare with a car like Nissan Altima 2008? I am a bit worried about the CVT transmission in Nissan especially one purchased as used/toks. O will appreciate your opinion. Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2019

please gurus in the house i need a response asap.[/quote] Hello sir about your car consuming fuel. They are a lot of things that can make it consume but these are part of it > 1) Did you have a catlyst Converter on your car 2) is The oxygen sensor working 3) Is your car fan runing in first ignition 4) Do a tune up for the engine for better performance. And again go and get it scan for further info of what is happening to your car.
But for the > p0325 this means (knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1 this sensor is use to dectect a knock sensing on the enging and also if the exploding of air/fuel mixture that deliver less power which can damage the engine. But if you want to diagnose anything about this visit the auto workshop. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:56am On Apr 17, 2019
sempeman:
Honda gurus in the house please help me....am using 2004 honda accord v6...i just got to notice that my car is consuming more fuel...i bought 10litres of fuel. my odometer show 140403 when i bought the fuel and now its showing the orange light that the fuel is low...and when i check my odometer its show 140425.

please gurus in the house i need a response asap.
i have answer the question check the thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2019
idtwo:
Hello sir. Pls is the Hyundai sonata 2009 a good car? What problems does it give and are the parts available?
How does it compare with a car like Nissan Altima 2008? I am a bit worried about the CVT transmission in Nissan especially one purchased as used/toks. O will appreciate your opinion. Thanks.
Hello sir. Hyundai sonata is good car but the part are expensive and availaible. It is compare with altima because of the CVT Transmission (continuous variable transmission) which is a good transmission and should be maintaine by a good technicician. A CVT Transmission are transmission that shift the gears without the attention of the driver which mean they are smooth drive transmission. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hello
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by codemaster2much: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
As a mechanic will you recommend Honda Civic 08,i saw a good deal.

What are the major issues with this car
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2019
codemaster2much:
As a mechanic will you recommend Honda Civic 08,i saw a good deal.

What are the major issues with this car
hello sir getting honda civic will required a maintainance in which may be some expensive and inconvinient. For me i will not advice a first time car user to go get civic cause of the complaint lay by customers. The major complain are.
1) airbag failure due to bad occupant detection sensor and also if a replace airbag is not properly fit it might deploy unknowingly.
2) brake failure. Due to the noisy sustpension part and exesecive wear of the brake component.
3) outside paint/interior desing. Will be a cracking spot and became ugly and causes a low 2nd hand value when getting it
4) steering vibration. Causes by suspension part expeciall brake disc.
And also they recall on the airbag system and brake system.
thankyou
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello ask
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by moneymaker24(m): 3:13am On Apr 20, 2019
larrixauto2017:
hello sir getting honda civic will required a maintainance in which may be some expensive and inconvinient. For me i will not advice a first time car user to go get civic cause of the complaint lay by customers. The major complain are.
1) airbag failure due to bad occupant detection sensor and also if a replace airbag is not properly fit it might deploy unknowingly.
2) brake failure. Due to the noisy sustpension part and exesecive wear of the brake component.
3) outside paint/interior desing. Will be a cracking spot and became ugly and causes a low 2nd hand value when getting it
thankyou

Hi, if you wouldn't advise a civic for a first time car owner, which would you advise that's fuel economical and not expensive to maintain?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by daddy001: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2019
Good morning Car expert,I use Toyota Camry 2004 ...pls,why does the power steering become stiff when engine is hot . Thanks tn anticipation
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:35am On Apr 20, 2019
larrixauto2017:
thankyou

OH boy are you sure you know what you talking about?

Airbag failure in on a Honda Civic keh?
Steering vibration?

OH boy these are not true. Please point us to a an online bulletin or article where are these compliant where shared by users or mechanic.

I beg do research before you post rubbish.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2019
dicksonadams:

OH boy are you sure you know what you talking about?

Airbag failure in on a Honda Civic keh?
Steering vibration?

OH boy these are not true. Please point us to a an online bulletin or article where are these compliant where shared by users or mechanic.

I beg do research before you post rubbish.
Hey man what your phone for if you can do know anything about vehicle and can do research please keep shut. Note if you mention me again and i don't give a reply it means that you are stupid and you don't have anything upstairs. Again this is an auto mechanic thread not for agument and your family problem. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.