Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? (6340 Views)

Any Man That Collects Back His Gift From A Lady Is A Weak Man / Am I Weak Man ? See What My GF Does After We Quarrel (pic) / How To Know The Signs Of A Weak Man In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by may320: 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
A weak man is "mummy's boy" who is a mumsy controlled fre.ak. He cannot make any meaningful decision without consulting mumsy on her opinion first.
Blind love or rather, infatuation can make a man weak too, genuine love does not.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I won't call it being emotionally gallant, instead he's hard hearted, only a hard hearted man will claim to love someone, but wouldn't mind making her cry always.
then he becomes a strong man and nt weak while your heart breaks silently?
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
Exactly. But while you wouldn't want to call them weak, I actually think 'weak' fits in pretty well.

I mean, anyone who lets their emotions override their reasoning is weak and vulnerable. As could be experienced when you fall in love or whatever they call it. smiley

I wouldn't call it being "weak" rather it's more like a "flaw" the word "weak" is degrading for a man.

Sounds like you don't believe in love, I don't want to believe that.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
may320:
A weak man is "mummy's boy" who is a mumsy controlled fre.ak. He cannot make any meaningful decision without consulting mumsy on her opinion first.
Blind love or rather, infatuation can make a man weak too, genuine love does not.
'genuine love does not' elucidate this further. why is it that in that genuine love, weakness exist on the side of the man
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
LordKO:

Teacher, don't teach me nonsense. lol. There's something like a weak man - just as there's something like a weak woman too. A weak man (person) uses servility to establish or/and sustain a relationship. . . Informally, when a man says he doesn't have emotion, he simply means that he doesn't use servility to sustain a relationship.

Meanwhile, I agree with you that both men and women are/can be emotional and vulnerable.

I disagree with society's definition of a weak man an example is the comment of the guy I posted who claims that weak men are emotional and vulnerable people.
Weak may not be the right word to use if you ask me.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:

To him he believes he's a strong man yes, but it shows he's trying too hard not to be vulnerable, note I said trying too hard cos in the end he breaks her heart and most times looses out on someone who can ever love him the most, people like that realise their mistake when it's rather too late.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
You know, I'd have loved to engage in a debate with you on this subject, but your first sentence is a red flag to how closed-minded and dogmatic you might be. So I'll stay away.
I don't recall asking you to engage me in a debate.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
Eberechi24:
The definition of weak man they know is one who buys his girlfriend gift. They display their strength and weakness only on women. No wonder, they won't hesitate to beat up their wives/girlfriend to show their strength

To me a weak man/woman is who has no opinion of his/hers. One who can easily be manipulated..
What you do not realize is that manipulation mostly involves playing into one's emotions to make them do things they wouldn't wanna do without giving it a THOUGHT.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I wouldn't call it being "weak" rather it's more like a "flaw" the word "weak" is degrading for a man.

lois does a man's true love make him look weak before his girlfriend, especially when he is always there for her?
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
LordKO:

Teacher, don't teach me nonsense. lol. There's something like a weak man - just as there's something like a weak woman too. A weak man (person) uses servility to establish or/and sustain a relationship. . . Informally, when a man says he doesn't have emotion, he simply means that he doesn't use servility to sustain a relationship.

Meanwhile, I agree with you that both men and women are/can be emotional and vulnerable.

@bolded is true, men like that think of themselves and what pleases them alone in a relationship which is sad really.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

To him he believes he's a strong man yes, but it shows he's trying too hard not to be vulnerable, note I said trying too hard cos in the end he breaks her heart and most times looses out on someone who can ever love him the most, people like that realise their mistake when it's rather too late.
lois thank you so much, you have finally landed. you won something. your point is well stated here.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by LordKO(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
kindly educate us more on what you mean by servility.

Example of a servile attitude is when you negate your need and satisfy your girlfriend's wants (and vice versa) - only a weak man/woman can do such. However, there's nothing wrong when you satisfy your girlfriend's needs and negate your want (and vice versa) - in this case, it means you are thoughtful. It takes a strong-minded man or woman to be thoughtful and selfless, respectively.

Meanwhile, in the examples above, a bad person will be more concerned about self, depending on his/her ends aim.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Okay. Whatever you choose to call it then.

Believe in love? I presume you mean the romantic kind of love which unfortunately?? I've never been able to feel in my whole life.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by may320: 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
'genuine love does not' elucidate this further. why is it that in that genuine love, weakness exist on the side of the man
Men have strong personality and when they genuinely loves, it's such a beautiful thing, he can go to any length to protect and preserve his passion, desire and interest. In my opinion, this is not weakness.....provided hes lucky to have a great lady who appreciates rather than abuse his everytime kind gestures too...... but those who aren't lucky in their relationship may term it weakness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
LordKO:

Example of a servile attitude is when you negate your need and satisfy your girlfriend's wants (and vice versa) - only a weak man/woman can do such. However, there's nothing wrong when you satisfy your girlfriend's needs and negate your want (and vice versa) - in this case, it means you are thoughtful. It takes a strong-minded man or woman to be thoughtful and selfless, respectively.

Meanwhile, in the examples above, a bad person will be more concerned about self, depending on his/her end aim.

why do you call her your girlfriend when you cant deprive yourself some wants to satisfy her needs if you truely love her? on the other hand did you know that most girls can sacrifice to meet the needs of their boyfriends where true love exists?
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
lois does a man's true love make him look weak before his girlfriend, especially when he is always there for her?

You're just directing questions at me alone smiley
Anyway, this true love thing is dicey, Before a man decides to show his utmost emotions to a lady (true love) he must have studied her and her reaction to things and how she interprets them, some ladies tend to take advantage of men like that which to me is the man's fault cos he showed his hand too quickly, so it depends on the lady involved and how matured she is emotionally.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by marvin906(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
You are. asking the wrong questions. Making a woman cry to feel hardcore is a total weakness and insecurity.

If anything, it is one of the qualities of a weak man.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by marvin906(m): 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
easily manipulated.. has no control over he's emotions.. hides behind the shadow of other's E.G mommy's boy.. one who claims superiority when he's not deserving of it..
#certified Sissy's

1 Like

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
Okay. Whatever you choose to call it then.

Believe in love? I presume you mean the romantic kind of love which unfortunately?? I've never been able to feel in my whole life.

Wow.... well I hope you feel that one day......with the right person, it's amazing smiley
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
You are. asking the wrong questions. Making a woman cry to feel hardcore is a total weakness and insecurity.

Hmmm
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
lois thank you so much, you have finally landed. you won something. your point is well stated here.

smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:

dnt understand what you mean
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Wow.... well I hope you feel that one day......with the right person, it's amazing smiley
Many have told me this. I've been waiting years, for the right person. grin

You know what? there'll be no right person because I just don't feel it and I'm good with that. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by LordKO(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:

@bolded is true, men like that think of themselves and what pleases them alone in a relationship which is sad really.

It depends on the man's ethical leanings: For a man of diplomatic ethical leanings, he simply means that he'll be altruistic and conscientious towards his woman (without being servile to her) - the woman will feel bad or good depending on her own ethical leanings, if she's of same diplomatic ethical leanings, she'll stay and enjoy the relationship till the end. However, if she's of the manipulative ethical leanings, she'll not enjoy the relationship, because she can only enjoy relationship with a man who's subjugable.

Meanwhile, if the man is of the manipulative ethical leanings, he'll relate with her on expediency rather than principle. In this case, irrespective of the woman's ethical leanings, she'll not enjoy the relationship or will cry murder in the end - unless, of course, if she's discerning enough and prepared to give him a dose of his own medicine.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Eberechi24(f): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
your first paragraph is disturbing our thinking faculty. we are yet to learn what your first paragraph means
Men should stop using women to measure their strength and weaknessess. They should stop using women as a point of reference.
In their place of work, what influence do they have? Their daily communication with people, is fair and favoured? They should form opinion outside women.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
Many have told me this. I've been waiting years, for the right person. grin

You know what? there'll be no right person because I just don't feel it and I'm good with that. smiley

Hmmmm....alright.
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by canalily(m): 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
may320:

Men have strong personality and when they genuinely loves, it's such a beautiful thing, he can go to any length to protect and preserve his passion, desire and interest. In my opinion, this is not weakness.....provided hes lucky to have a great lady who appreciates rather than abuse his everytime kind gestures too...... but those who aren't lucky in their relationship may term it weakness.
you won my heart with this point. am glad. we are learning!
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by LordKO(m): 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
canalily:
why do you call her your girlfriend when you cant deprive yourself some wants to satisfy her needs if you truely love her? on the other hand did you know that most girls can sacrifice to meet the needs of their boyfriends where true love exists?

I don't think you understand my submission. And, of course, you don't seem to understand the difference between need and want.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2019
cucumbae:
A weak man sponsor his girlfriend to university while his siblings have not paid their waec.

A weak man will give his girlfriend monthly
upkeep but will tell his siblings he has not receive salary for 3 month.

A weak man generally is a zombie to his girlfriend just like how zombies are to jubril from Sudan.
grin grin grin

Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
LordKO:

It depends on the man's ethical leanings: For a man of diplomatic ethical leanings, he simply means that he'll be altruistic and conscientious towards his woman (without being servile to her) - the woman will feel bad or good depending on her own ethical leanings, if she's of same diplomatic ethical leanings, she'll stay and enjoy the relationship till the end. However, if she's of the manipulative ethical leanings, she'll not enjoy the relationship, because she can only enjoy relationship with a man that's subjugable.

Meanwhile, if the man is of the manipulative ethical leanings, he'll relate with her on expediency rather than principle. In this case, irrespective of the woman's ethical leanings, she'll not enjoy the relationship or will cry murder in the end - unless, of course, if she's discerning enough and prepared to give him a dose of his own medicine.

Thank you for this, I'm particular about the different ethical leanings you mentioned, if the individuals involved is of different leanings, the relationship can't work out right?

If the man involved behaves in the leanings you stated, only in his relationships, but is totally different with other ladies, isn't that a mental problem? Or is it psychological?
Re: What Are The Features Of A Weak Man? by Eberechi24(f): 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
FRoosevelt:
What you do not realize is that manipulation mostly invoves playing into one's emotions to make them do things they wouldn't wanna do without giving it a THOUGHT.
It's only foolishness that would make one to do things without giving it a thought. Let's say am playing on your emotions and asked you to set yourself on fire. Would you? I don't. Why? Because you are rational being with your sense intact. There is difference between foolishness and manipulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Minute With Nigerian Men! / Why Do People Develop Emotional Attachment Over The Internet? / A Message For Those That See Me As A Guy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.