Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? (44161 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by ayosam4real: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
iceboy4752:
I recently came across a thread which was about the courses you won't advise anyone to study. I saw people listing so many damn courses. The question now is, what are those good courses that one can stil study in Nigeria that are lucrative? I think that no matter how bad the economy seems to be, it won't be possible that all the courses are useless.
Well as for me I would suggest Computer Science and Engineering. Reason been that if you are good in programming language with the knowledge of software development, you can develop a software and resell such to many company at various price.
Depending on your target market, a software can sell for 200k to 1.5m just for one software.
The world is moving towards Artificial Intelligence so the field is lucrative and we'll positioned for the future. You can be employed as a staff of an organization and still earn your side income.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by OgbeniSamm(m): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
Agricultural science and Chemical engineering. Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
iceboy4752:

Chai! So no hope for students that studied art-related courses?
No hope bro.Many of the jobs meant for art students are taken over by science students as the industry are fewer in number
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by criuze(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
As if doctors and nurses are not effected
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Joromi12:
Accounting
I doubt because many persons without accounting knowledge are joining the profession
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Aare2050(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Yorùbá Education

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Allina: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
accounting.. I see a lot of job advertisement for accountants than any other profession here on nairaland
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
iceboy4752:
I recently came across a thread which was about the courses you won't advise anyone to study. I saw people listing so many damn courses. The question now is, what are those good courses that one can stil study in Nigeria that are lucrative? I think that no matter how bad the economy seems to be, it won't be possible that all the courses are useless.

Civil engineering(can be independent), medicine, pharmacy, most law graduates are make up artist, oap at radio station,artist. Only few practice the law profession. Instead of law go for ecostat, (if you are young and can make a 2.1).
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by megafone: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
Quantity Surveying if you care to know

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Adiwana: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
Study Electronics Engr or Computer Science and add extra Qualifications like CCNA,CCNP,MCSA.

Become A Network Engr with the above.This are World recognised certifications.So chances of getting jobs outside the country is high and entry level for those with CCNP in Nigeria is 150k while you can make as much as
2.4mil/month outside with the same CCNP

Thank me later.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by urose93(f): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
Radiography?? Seriously I doubt it.. undecided

Doubt what? Don't underestimate radiographers o. It's one of the best courses now. My family member is doing really well from it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
Shila16:
am a radiographer and I can tell u that radiography is the best right now in terms of work flexibility and payout ,I work in 3 different places in a week
Hmm, am Actually a RaDiography stud. At Unizik. I've actually been told several times to pull out of the course and switch to med lab, But with this ur advice, guess I might just further on with it ND graduate. undecided

I'll also love to have you as my mentor being that you're already established in my career path winkAnd enlighten me further .. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
olawaz1:
All engineering courses is absolutely lucrative and self employed... unilorin graduate can relate anyway
Not true

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Sixaxis: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Marine
Pharmacy and
Nursing.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Chiefochiefo(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
All courses are good, it depends on ones destiny in life. Goodluck Jonathan studied zoology and made it to the top, Ibe Kachukwu studied law and still made, Soludo also studied economics, Soludo the same economics, Likewise Tony Elumelu, owner of UBA etc. Although most of them did not make it through their various fields. So go and get a degree, you might be first in your field. Goodluck!
....Chiefo....

3 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by BabaIbo: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
Antichristus:
Teaching/Education. I got my sibling to do BSc/BEd Chemistry.He moaned to death. On graduating with a solid 2.1, I got him over to the UK to study for a 1 Year MSc, whilst doing this, we got his certificates accredited, he secured a teaching job in a UK private secondary school that secured him work permit. The rest, as they say, is history. He’s doing extremely well. If you see the world as your oyster, even nursing would land you good money in developed economies. Did I mention medical students were mocking my sibling when he was doing his education undergraduate degree and his girlfriend who was a nursing student (now working as a nurse in London)? Those medical students are now hapless doctors in dilapidated Nigerian hospitals. grin grin grin

Good day, from your story your sibling is fortunate(for him or her to travel out to further means there is enough cash).

Industrial chemistry or chemistry? When all these companies in Nigeria don't employ graduates that don't have experience and how will you gain experience if there is no company to hire you due to lack of experience. On the other side settling your own company as an industrial chemist or chemist is not easy at all because it involves capital etc.

Industrial chemistry or chemistry jobs are scarce and the few ones always come with high requirements.

Your brother's or sister's case is just like "1 in a million kind of story" again he or she was pushed with capital or connection

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
urose93:

Doubt what? Don't underestimate radiographers o. It's one of the best courses now. My family member is doing really well from it.
Really ? Just from Xray and Scanning undecided
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
pweeryambre:
Marketing/manangement... People understimate that course shaa but it's Very lucrative in almost every section of the labour market. You can work as a procurement officer( actually that's what I do for a living, in Fed. hospital though) can work also in Banks, Schools, Universities, international companies, libraries, NGO,s oil companies, like anywhwere. It's a good course if you know what you are doing.
The bolded course may be lucrative but has saturated graduate with limited firms absorbing them
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Lastanza: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
chihes:
All courses are still good. Every other thing you see is hard work and destiny.

Capital lie, there are so many useless courses. In fact very useless. I don't just wonna call names in order not to discourage anyone.
In some of the above mentioned courses you don't need to stress urself too much to graduate and live comfortably. Example is radiography. Just graduate and you will find work almost immediately without all those their ten years 15 years work experience.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Dollypizzle13(f): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
Shila16:
am a radiographer and I can tell u that radiography is the best right now in terms of work flexibility and payout ,I work in 3 different places in a week
wawu...I'm studying Radiography. So, if people ask what my course is and I tell them, they be like 'Is that a radio host or what?' Can you relate?

4 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Thunday1005(m): 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
What about food science and technology
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by lascodii(m): 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Electronics and computer engineering very lucrative...
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Asour: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
franchasng:
The bolded is very true.

NUC & NBTE need to add some new courses into Nigerian higher institutions and only few private schools should be allowed to run them, courses like:

1.) Software engineering

2.) Cyber security

3.) Biomedical engineering

4.) Robotics

5.) Welding & Fabrication Engineering

6.) Digital Marketing

7.) CNC lathe operation & manufacturing technology

8.) Computer Programming & Coding

9.) STEM engineering

These courses urgently needs to be added to Nigerian school curriculum as they will help boost Nigeria's economy.

There's nothing like STEM Engineering.
No. 1 and 2 are very closely related perhaps they should stand as 1 course.

No. 5 & 7 are clearly an unnecessary duplication.

Should one go to school to study No. 6? can't it be a module in a Marketing/BA programme?

Isn't No. 8 = No. 1?

There are no absolute Lucrative course(s).
All currently seemingly lucrative or non lucrative courses are enjoying or suffering from such things as;

•Barriers to entry.
•Total admissible slots in all Nigerian Universities.
•Administrative professional requirements(or lack of it) by the professional bodies on these programs.
• Current economic situation/policies.(Demand and supply of certain skills)
•Societal literacy and enlightenment.
•Rule of law and prevalence of Justice.

Any course that thinks it is indeed lucrative should expand the admissible slots for its programmes in Nigerian schools, limit professional requirements (i.e. make them optional not obligatory and allow the flotation of competing professional bodies in its industry) and liberalize its activities.

I am not advocating for less standards though(there can be a middle ground) BUT scarcity heightens value. and THAT is the game any so called 'Lucrative' profession plays above all.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by IamProdigy: 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
Hmm, am Actually a RaDiography stud. At Unizik. I've actually been told several times to pull out of the course and switch to med lab, But with this ur advice, guess I might just further on with it ND graduate. undecided

I'll also love to have you as my mentor being that you're already established in my career path winkAnd enlighten me further .. smiley

Am not Sure that dude is a radiographer.. undecided

On one of his threads, he claims to be a 22yr old hustler.. Who has his SSCE and hoping on furthering his education.

So am wondering... When he studied a 5yrs course already�
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

I doubt because many persons without accounting knowledge are joining the profession
why are people joining Because its lucrative and there are many opportunities. Most engine and science students end up there. If there was no space would they come
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Shila16: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dollypizzle13:

wawu...I'm studying Radiography. So, if people ask what my course is and I tell them, they be like 'Is that a radio host or what?' Can you relate?
very true,some even say geography can be funny atimes
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Shila16: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dollypizzle13:

very true,some even say geography, can be funny atimes
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Emperor5(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
1. accountancy 2.banking and finance and business administration is very lucrative
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by feellike: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Corruption

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers / Kwarapoly Graduating Students Punished For Stylishly Signing Out After Its Ban / Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.