Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? (36311 Views)

Does Innoson Assemble Or Manufacture? / Ingrace Motors Obtains FG Approval To Assemble Cars In Nigeria / Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by InvertedHammer: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.
/
The same people that feel fly wearing Aba shoes with the inscription "Made in Italy".

It is all in their mind.
/

11 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by tunize(m): 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
based on the write up shall i will sey he does both manufacturing and assembling of cars since 70% of its materials are produced locally.

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lot of haters in here but your hate can't take away the money he's making legitimately.

Whether Innoson is producing or assembling, I don't care. What I care more is for the FG to give him more support.

7 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by emere007(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin
but at least he is making an impact with changing the status quo, but you are doing what...? hating..and doing all that in your dirty knee dropping and smelly boxers. I' ll give you a little advise though, next time you are gonna pick on somebody, do it with someone your size, as for Innoson bro, he's not your mate.. So wake up lil boi and get something doing to get your wacked out life back together

5 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Judybash93(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
I'll get one for myself
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
Almaiga:
All INNOSO's cars are Assembled in Nigeria. The parts are imported from China, this means
that, all INNOSON's Vehicles are China. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin diswan dey vomit sef

6 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by laivwire(m): 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoJosh you still didn’t address the question you posed and this thread reeks of immense butt licking. Trying to defend your previous post on the viability of reversing the policy on car import duties which you were blatantly against as you felt it will stifle IVM’s sales.

Does IVM design or put their prototypes through tests? Do they see up the leather and assemble the engines here in Nigeria? These are the facts you should propound on.

iVM still remains an importer if CKD vehicles to avoid import tariffs. They assemble. Period

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Abbeyme: 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.

Do not be discouraged.
Go ahead with your purchases

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Forreellinc: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Does Innoson manufacture or just “assemble” vehicles?
ask your father

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by IjebuWarrior: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
Assemble joor! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Forreellinc: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
grin buy na, innoson motor wey if u start am e go be like

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by jjbest123(m): 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
highchief3:
Oga na lie, people that own firm don't talk like this..
Sir,i am not here to argue with over owing a firm. I only seek positive feed back from people who have used IVM CARS. It might please you to use CAC PUBLIC SEARCH and find out about this two business. J A IGWE AND SONS(MANAGED BY MYSELF & TWO SIBLINGS.) & Jioplus Integrated Farms And Agro(MINE). Have a nice day!

4 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by fashrola(m): 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:

Go for the IVM bus.... It's great..

My company bought the bus since 2016 and it's still running great

The bus is so "presidential" and spacious

Go for it!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Psoul(m): 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
venai:
Innoson cars are made in Nigeria.
If Nigerians no wan gree, then e go be 'made in Biafra'. Period!

See the kind question, wey Autojosh wey be baba for auto dey ask. Afonzees and painments at times shaa!

I don't think that Autojosh did anything wrong in his analysis.

I don't know where he is from. If he is actually a Yoruba, his analysis was not biased as you seeing it.
He indirectly told us that Innosson Motors is a manufacturing company and not a car assembly as many have argued.

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
emere007:

but at least he is making an impact with changing the status quo, but you are doing what...? hating..and doing all that in your dirty knee dropping and smelly boxers. I' ll give you a little advise though, next time you are gonna pick on somebody, do it with someone your size, as for Innoson bro, he's not your mate.. So wake up lil boi and get something doing to get your wacked out life back together

E pain this man well Sha. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by wirinet(m): 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

70% of their Innoson car parts are produced locally
while the rest are imported from Japan, China and Germany.

I get your drift, but 70% is an over exaggeration. The whole engine, tyres, steel panels, electronics are all imported. It is few items like upholstery that can be sourced locally.

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by wirinet(m): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
tunize:
based on the write up shall i will sey he does both manufacturing and assembling of cars since 70% of its materials are produced locally.

Can you please list the 70% of materials produced locally?

4 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Arysexy(m): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson is a manufacturer.

Anambra state vigilante use their hilux since the time of Peter Obi. All secondary schools in Anambra use their Hummer bus since the time of Peter Obi till now, they are still ruggedly plying all the nooks and crannies of the state.

Those low life's bad-mouthing innoson product bc of tribal sentiment, may good thing never come your way as you rubbish this man's effort, despite the fact that he doesn't have power supply from the grid, he runs his generator to put up these ingenuity.

God bless innoson IVM

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by warriorPedigree: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
stag:

There’s no need for this WarriorPedigree.

A lot of credit should be given to Innoson & encouraged to improve.
I agree with you is just hating igbos is like oxygen to majority of those folks, if they don't hate on igbos they will die

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
Forreellinc:

grin buy na, innoson motor wey if u start am e go be like

Chai, you just finish INNOSON motors.

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Arysexy(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
wirinet:

I get your drift, but 70% is an over exaggeration. The whole engine, tyres, steel panels, electronics are all imported. It is few items like upholstery that can be sourced locally.

Shut up!

He produces his tyres. He uses steels locally produced from steel rolling factories.

His plastic industry at Enugu produce all the plastic components like dashboard, bumper, tyres, etc. Go and find out. He only import engine, wheel and few components

Stop hating

7 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by TempleChinedum(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
If you are familiar with Innoson vehicles or you have ever visited their car plant in Nnewi, or maybe you have duly researched about their processes, you will find out these few things:

1. Innoson manufactures every structural body parts of his car in Nnewi except

(a) The engine and Gear Mechanism which earlier is been manufactured by Popular Auto Maker Mitsubishi

B) His Wheel and Tyres
C) Electrical components of the vehicle

Apart from these 3 things, every other parts from body frame, seats, Windscreens ...etc are sourced and manufactured locally .

Hence categorising IVM as China made car is pure iberiberism grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chris31(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin
Nawa
A black man must be a black
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by jamjo: 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:

If I may ask have you buried any of your relatives as a result of INNOSON car? or is this just envy, do you own any INNOSON brand? have you seen any INNOSON car fell apart while in motion? do you have the statistics to back up your claim of being a moving coffin?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by do4luv14(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Does Innoson manufacture or just “assemble” vehicles?

This has become a famous topic of debate among some Nigerians.

To start with, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturer (IVM) is a famous wholly Nigerian-owned producer of different vehicle brands.

The company has its assembly plant at Nnewi in Anambra state.

70% of their Innoson car parts are produced locally while the rest are imported from Japan, China and Germany.

However, there has been a long-drawn debate as to the company’s actually status. Some say the company manufactures vehicles, others argue that the company is in the business of simply “assembling” vehicles.

Those who argue that Innoson is just an “assembler” predicate their arguments on the fact that Innoson sources for the components of its vehicles from external suppliers – mostly from China.

Well, to answer this question, let us look profile of some world-renowned automakers.

Benz-Daimler AG is a German car manufacturer. It has its headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. The company is the producer of the Mercedes Benz auto brands.

To produce the Mercedes Benz cars, Benz-Daimlers rely on over 100 suppliers of Benz parts across the globe.

Some principal suppliers of Mercedes Benz parts include Thyssenkrupp (German), Eagle Ottawa (USA), Inteva Products (USA), Carcoustics (Netherlands), Nemak (Mexico), Johnson Electric (Hong Kong) and ZF Lenksysteme (German), etc.

Now, let’s profile another top auto-brand: Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce is a prestigious British auto-brand. It has its factory in Sussex, England, United Kingdom.

To produce a Rolls Royce car, only 8% of Rolls-Royce parts are produced in the UK.

As such, the company imports roughly 32,000 parts from more than 600 global suppliers to build its vehicles.

Now, with these examples, how do we classify Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing? A vehicle manufacturer? or simply an “assembler”?

https://autojosh.com/does-innoson-manufacture-or-just-assemble-cars/

from your write up, and the examples you gave, its clear to say INNOSON are manufacturers

EOD
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Delivar(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Abbeyme:
Autojosh, by your analogy, IVM is a vehicle manufacturing entity.

BUT, we all know that the act of manufacturing parts and components of a vehicle is mainly through the engineering of those parts and components.

BMW and RR both have hundreds of engineers (mechanical, electrical, design, metallurgy, materials even civil works) doing the designs and testing of components.
How many engineers does IVM have in his employ? That is my question and I hope it would answer the manufacturing part of the principal question.
Your post has answered the question.

Mercedes Benz and Toyota are car manufacturers because they have engineers who design the vehicles and provide the engineering specifications to be used by the companies who manufacture the various car components.

Innonson is not a car manufacturer because they don't have engineers who design the car specifications. This makes Innonson an assembler.

4 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by henryobinna(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
if you base your believe on what people say and not what you know and what you want, believe me you still won't buy a hiace bus...

I've been seeing lots of Innoson vehicles being used by private individuals, businesses and government agencies etc... I see them many times here in Owerri. Judging from this, their vehicles should be great and of good quality. Note I don't own one nor have I driven one. I'm just giving my own testimony...

Do your findings well and buy the best for your business and most importantly pocket.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
conductor1003:

98% of Nigerian yoots are dumb from birth. These two here, they, put together with their parents might not be able to afford a used secondhand Toyota Corolla imported from North America let alone a brand new Inosson.

Back to the topic,
Innosson, just like Apple, Samsung, Toyota, BMW outsource some of their spare parts from other OEMs and it doesn't remove or add anything to the fact that they are manufacturers.

Let me give me an example of Apple who design the iPhone and sends the manufacturer specs to Foxconn who produces iPhones in China using Samsung screen and processor.

Who is the manufacturer of iPhone? Apple or Foxxcon?

Your answer will help you know whether Innossson is a car manufacturer or music producing company.

Trash.
How many INNOSON cars do you own, or how many Governors in the East use any IVM in their fleet? I insist, IVM are China made but Assembled here. They also have zero, safety features. That's why I always refer to them as moving Coffins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by ruffDiamond: 5:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
the guy who explained the true meaning of manufacturing above is the only one whose sense is very much intact.. manufacturing is a wórd very close to invention..before you van manufacture anything at all..there must bê some kind kind of original discovery, proven hypothesis which must lead to test and further experimentation then an invention is born is born or even a new innovation or paradigm shift from the usual..but hcheck the history of car engineering and see names of engineers involved from gear and belt system to the Piston technology. i can bet with anything that mr innoson doec nog and cannot even explain the principle ehind the basic 4 -ways Piston movement and he claims to bê manufacturing Autos?very laughable shii

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Elzak(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
Who is a car manufacturer and who is a car assembler? I think if u find answers to these u would know what innoson does.

I'm not an auto freak though
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Almaiga: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
NLModsAreStupud:
Wetin diswan dey vomit sef

You no Sabi read?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What"s The Meaning Of CE, VE, LE / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics / Delta Man's New Car Involved In Ghastly Accident Before It was Delivered To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.