Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? (36229 Views)

Does Innoson Assemble Or Manufacture? / Ingrace Motors Obtains FG Approval To Assemble Cars In Nigeria / Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by RealTrump: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
Abbeyme:
Autojosh, by your analogy, IVM is a vehicle manufacturing entity.

BUT, we all know that the act of manufacturing parts and components of a vehicle is mainly through the engineering of those parts and components.

BMW and RR both have hundreds of engineers (mechanical, electrical, design, metallurgy, materials even civil works) doing the designs and testing of components.
How many engineers does IVM have in his employ? That is my question and I hope it would answer the manufacturing part of the principal question.

The autojosh guy and his reasoning is baffling sometimes. No company there can manufacture what they need 100%. What he refused to see is that Merc, RR, BMW, Boeing had their own R n D guys. They are the ones that will tell their supplies exact what to produce according to their spec. He said Mercedes has over 100 part supplies, is he expecting them to open 100 different companies to supply all parts when u can pay someone to do it?

Innoson basically uncouples a car from China, brings it to Nnewi n recouple it back, n there is nothing wrong with that.

5 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson is a Manufacturer simple
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Burgerlomo: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by ryusufu(m): 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
It doesn't matter, as long as the workers are Nigerians.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Almaiga: 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
DonXavi:
This guy must be an Afon.ja

From the shape of your head, I know say na Flatron you be. grin

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by jjbest123(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
henryobinna:
if you base your believe on what people say and not what you know and what you want, believe me you still won't buy a hiace bus...

I've been seeing lots of Innoson vehicles being used by private individuals, businesses and government agencies etc... I see them many times here in Owerri. Judging from this, there vehicles should be great and of good quality. Note I don't own one nor have I driven one. I'm just giving my own testimony...

Do your findings well and buy the best for your business and most importantly pocket.

Good luck
Thanks for the brotherly advice. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by tck2000(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
Made In Nigeria...!
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson is an assembler. This whole thing was debunked by egunmogaji or someone a few years ago. He gets the WHOLE CAR from a particular chinese automaker - Ill update this once I get the name of the company. They bring it in as ckd (completely knocked down) parts and get tax liens on it.

All he does is rebadge it. Even the badges (logos) are not made in nigeria. Based on his deal wt the parent company, he cant even market (advertise) the car in his own name 'innosson'. Do u think the guy just refuses to do adverts?

You must be funny comparing innosson to mercedes.

4 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Numlock: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
conductor1003:

98% of Nigerian yoots are dumb from birth. These two here, they, put together with their parents might not be able to afford a used secondhand Toyota Corolla imported from North America let alone a brand new Inosson.

Back to the topic,
Innosson, just like Apple, Samsung, Toyota, BMW outsource some of their spare parts from other OEMs and it doesn't remove or add anything to the fact that they are manufacturers.

Let me give me an example of Apple who design the iPhone and sends the manufacturer specs to Foxconn who produces iPhones in China using Samsung screen and processor.

Who is the manufacturer of iPhone? Apple or Foxxcon?

Your answer will help you know whether Innossson is a car manufacturer or music producing company.

Exactly, even HP, dell, apple, etc parts are outsource from other companies.

Wistron, compal, Quanta, foxxcon etc produce the motherboard HP, Dell etc use.

The hard drive, RAM, screen are outsource too,that's the same thing INNOSON is doing too.

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
Psoul:

I don't think that Autojosh did anything wrong in his analysis.

I don't know where he is from. If he is actually a Yoruba, his analysis was not biased as you seeing it.
He indirectly told us that Innosson Motors is a manufacturing company and not a car assembly as many have argued.
thanks for the correction.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by mildflame: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Trash.
How many INNOSON cars do you own, or how many Governors in the East use any IVM in their fleet? I insist, IVM are China made but Assembled here. They also have zero, safety features. That's why I always refer to them as moving Coffins.

sharap ya mouth, how old is Innoson? you think the likes of Toyota, BMW and others just became brand overnight
Dont make me SLAP you

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by jjbest123(m): 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
Forreellinc:

grin buy na, innoson motor wey if u start am e go be like
CLOWN! grin grin grin
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by henryobinna(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Africanness:
Innoson is an assembler. This whole thing was debunked by egunmogaji or someone a few years ago. He gets the WHOLE CAR from a particular chinese automaker - Ill update this once I get the name of the company. They bring it in as ckd (completely knocked down) parts and get tax liens on it.

All he does is rebadge it. Even the badges (logos) are not made in nigeria. Based on his deal wt the parent company, he cant even market (advertise) the car in his own name 'innosson'. Do u think the guy just refuses to do adverts?

You must be funny comparing innosson to mercedes.
I've been seeing Innoson vehicles adverts on Facebook.

I don't know what advert you mean by the way.

4 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by wirinet(m): 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
Arysexy:

Shut up!

He produces his tyres. He uses steels locally produced from steel rolling factories.

His plastic industry at Enugu produce all the plastic components like dashboard, bumper, tyres, etc. Go and find out. He only import engine, wheel and few components

Stop hating

No wonder people from your side are famed for being mannerless, simple opinion or observation and you a spewing insults.

No steel company in Nigeria produces steel plates, what all these Chinese steel companies are producing are steel rods and steel nuggets.

I don't know about him manufacturing tyres, headlights, windows and wind screens, etc. Each of these components require heavy machinery and investments. It makes no economic sense whatsoever to attempt to manufacture every component for making a product. You will not have economics of scale and managing each production outfit will be virtually impossible. That is why there is something called the supply chain. Companies built on manufacturing a few components for specific industries.

Engine (including gear box),wheel and few components ( like electronics, shocks, ) are more than 30% of a car.

5 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by gomol: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
Most( if not all) of these popular tech companies don't manufacture their components,they only design and simulate the components(if they are serious), then send it to OEMs to manufacture,the components are then sent back to them for assembly and packaging.So that device u are using to read this is not Manufactured by the brand,and I can tell u that device is @ least 80% made in China.Dsame thing applies to auto industries but they may be lest than 80% made in China.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by darediamond(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
I Dare Diamond have A Blue Print of a Free Energy Self Powering Generator Which needs just Resonant High Voltage Generator or Arc Transformer and High Voltage DC Capacitor sectioned into smaller voltage for High Current Extraction using High Frequency High Voltage Diodes.

Now as seen in the second picture, the four 400Volt DC Capacitors connected in series makes 1600Volt 37uf but there is no Single 1.6Kilovolt rated Electrolytic Capacitor in the Market now.

If I then need to have it, I can simply Contact any DC Capacitor Manufacturing Company and give them my specifications and ask them to Roll four 400V 150uf DC Caps in Series into One body.

Does that mean the Cap Manufacturer makes the Original Self-Powered Generator I Invented?

If you are Positively Dynamic, NEVER WILL YOU WORK HARD BUT RATHER ***work smart!***

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Hily77: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
How Toyota take start,mazda,mistibushi,nissin .they all used some other brand parts and now they are all well established brand. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
mildflame:

sharap ya mouth, how old is Innoson? you think the likes of Toyota, BMW and others just became brand overnight
Dont make me SLAP you

Take it or leave it, IVM is a Chinese brand and amongst the Chinese brand, it is the 3rd class brand. grin
I rather buy a 15 year old KIA or Hyudai than to drive a new IVM. I no wan die Young. grin grin

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by naijamerican: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Trash.
How many INNOSON cars do you own, or how many Governors in the East use any IVM in their fleet? I insist, IVM are China made but Assembled here. They also have zero, safety features. That's why I always refer to them as moving Coffins.

NA LIE! So they no get seat belt or airbag?

See this mumu spreading falsehoods.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=Burgerlomo post=75444920][/quote]

cool

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by dejavuh0007(m): 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
judging from the nonsense this OP wrote up dere, I can now say that ASUU's strike is really justified. Can't bliv a grown adult wrote this trash. Nigerians don't know what it means to b d manufacturer or producer of something?
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by integrity16(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
I believe Innoson assemble cars and not into full scale manufacturing.

The car company you mentioned initially build their cars themselves before they started outsourcing the production of various parts to different automobile companies around the world.

So it will not be correct to say that Innoson manufacture cars by importing car parts from China, and I guess its the reason why most of his cars are expensive.

Perhaps, when Ajaokuta Steel becomes operational, we can begin to see made in Nigeria cars for real.

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Hmmm... The last time I did an article on Innoson, I had 75 mentions... So, it will be good to sit, watch and observe with Zobo and Pop Corn
grin
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by ridgeman: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
IVM employs, pays tax(I hope)and feeds families without breaking the law, manufacturer or assembler either way I wish them well..

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
Almaiga:
All INNOSO's cars are Assembled in Nigeria. The parts are imported from China, this means
that, all INNOSON's Vehicles are China. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Everything is made in China these days.

You’d be hard pressed to find a single item in your house that wasn’t manufactured in China.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
naijamerican:

NA LIE! So they no get seat belt or airbag?

See this mumu spreading falsehoods.

If you wan die Young, buy IVM. I assure you that, a minor crash will send you six feet down below. grin grin

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Newboss(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
conductor1003:

98% of Nigerian yoots are dumb from birth. These two here, they, put together with their parents might not be able to afford a used secondhand Toyota Corolla imported from North America let alone a brand new Inosson.

Back to the topic,
Innosson, just like Apple, Samsung, Toyota, BMW outsource some of their spare parts from other OEMs and it doesn't remove or add anything to the fact that they are manufacturers.

Let me give me an example of Apple who draft design and sends the description to Foxconn who produces iPhones in China using Samsung screen and processor.

Who is the manufacturer of iPhone? Apple or Foxxcon or Samsung?

Your answer will help you know whether Innossson is a car manufacturer or music producing company.

Innonson does not draft any design. That's been proven over and over again. That's where the issue is with what you're talking about. They've even admitted that before.

What he does is rebranding. angry
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Cosplay: 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Does Innoson manufacture or just “assemble” vehicles?

This has become a famous topic of debate among some Nigerians.

To start with, Innoson Vehicle...

This is an interesting topic.

Here's some objective analysis to ponder:

First, keep the following in mind -

1. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture.

2. Even when a vehicle is manufactured by an automaker in a country different from the home country, the VIN it bears would always identify the country it was manufactured in.

Examples:

The following are VINs for Toyota Models

2T1BU4EEXAC401491

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Canada.

The first 2 characters, 2T, identify this vehicle as originating from Canada.

4T1BF3EK1AU572297

2010 Toyota Camry manufactured in the USA.

The first 2 characters, 4T, identify this vehicle as originating from the USA.

JTDBU4EE0AJ079416

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Japan, the home country of Toyota.

JT identifies this vehicle as originating from Japan.

AHTLA52E403012797

2008 Toyota Corolla manufactured in South Africa.

AH identifies this vehicle as originating from South Africa.

These are all Toyota vehicles, manufactured all over the world, with one thing in common: Despite being Toyota, they always bear a VIN indicating the country of manufacture.

A couple of examples:

Rolls-Royce:

SCA664S53AUX48915

2010 Rolls-Royce Ghost

SC identifies this vehicle as originating from the United Kingdom.

Mercedes-Benz:

WDDGF5EB9AR089347

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300.

WD identifies this vehicle as originating from Germany.

Now to IVM, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing.

LCR6R514XCD180016

2012 IVM G5.

Three guesses what country LC matches?

The Peoples Republic of China.

However this vehicle was supposedly "manufactured" in Nigeria.

Every country on the planet has a set of VIN codes assigned to it. The first 3 characters of the VIN are the WMI. World Manufacturer Identity.

Nigerian WMI:

FF - FK

Until such a time as IVM produces a vehicle in Nigeria with the first 2 characters of the 17 digit VIN as -

FF, FG, FH, FI, FJ, FK

Unfortunately IVM cannot be referred to as a bonafide Nigerian automaker, just as the enthusiast who imports kits from a kit car maker and assembles them in his garage cannot be referred to as a bonafide automaker.

Suggested reading:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifier_(WMI)

18 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by stag: 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
warriorPedigree:

I agree with you is just hating igbos is like oxygen to majority of those folks, if they don't hate on igbos they will die

Lol, I understand. But not all of them. I am not Igbo. Actually, I am one of those you’re abusing.

Nonetheless, Innoson and everything good from any and every part of the country should be applauded.

If you stop your attacks on ‘them’, there’s one less person to continue the futile tribalism on here, don’t you think so?

So I ask you, my friend, to make up your mind to stop tribal attacks.

And you never know, perhaps a butterfly from the West may land on your fourth finger someday, no?

Cheers friend.

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Newboss(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
Cosplay:
This is an interesting topic.

Here's some objective analysis to ponder:

First, keep the following in mind -

1. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture.

2. Even when a vehicle is manufactured by an automaker in a country different from the home country, the VIN it bears would always identify the country it was manufactured in.

Examples:

The following are VINs for Toyota Models

2T1BU4EEXAC401491

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Canada.

The first 2 characters, 2T, identify this vehicle as originating from Canada.

4T1BF3EK1AU572297

2010 Toyota Camry manufactured in the USA.

The first 2 characters, 4T, identify this vehicle as originating from the USA.

JTDBU4EE0AJ079416

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Japan, the home country of Toyota.

JT identifies this vehicle as originating from Japan.

AHTLA52E403012797

2008 Toyota Corolla manufactured in South Africa.

AH identifies this vehicle as originating from South Africa.

These are all Toyota vehicles, manufactured all over the world, with one thing in common: Despite being Toyota, they always bear a VIN indicating the country of manufacture.

A couple of examples:

Rolls-Royce:

SCA664S53AUX48915

2010 Rolls-Royce Ghost

SC identifies this vehicle as originating from the United Kingdom.

Mercedes-Benz:

WDDGF5EB9AR089347

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300.

WD identifies this vehicle as originating from Germany.

Now to IVM, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing.

LCR6R514XCD180016

2012 IVM G5.

Three guesses what country LC matches?

The Peoples Republic of China.

However this vehicle was supposedly "manufactured" in Nigeria.

Every country on the planet has a set of VIN codes assigned to it. The first 3 characters of the VIN are the WMI. World Manufacturer Identity.

Nigerian WMI:

FF - FK

Until such a time as IVM produces a vehicle in Nigeria with the first 2 characters of the 17 digit VIN as -

FF, FG, FH, FI, FJ, FK

Unfortunately IVM cannot be referred to as a bonafide Nigerian automaker, just as the enthusiast who imports kits from a kit car maker and assembles them in his garage cannot be referred to as a bonafide automaker.

Suggested reading:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifier_(WMI)

Exactly! What he does is called rebranding angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / What"s The Meaning Of CE, VE, LE / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.