Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? (36392 Views)

Does Innoson Assemble Or Manufacture? / Ingrace Motors Obtains FG Approval To Assemble Cars In Nigeria / Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by tlarge1612: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
They produce cars
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by EazyMoh(m): 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
Autojosh this is not a good article by your standard.
First of all for a company that be called a car manufacturer they MUST a research team capable of independently designing a car from concept to prototype to production. You of all people should know this (research) is one of the most expensive aspects of car manufacturing.
For you to outsource materials as you gave example of MB, RR or by extension even Apple products, the companies must first design the parts and give the sub-manufacturers design specifications.
It's like a bricklayer trying to take all credit of an architectural masterpiece.

Innoson vehicles on the other hand are Chinese products (which themselves are copycats of other major brands) just carrying the Innoson logo.

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Abbeyme: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
Delivar:

Your post has answered the question.

Mercedes Benz and Toyota are car manufacturers because they have engineers who design the vehicles and provide the engineering specifications to be used by the companies who manufacture the various car components.

Innonson is not a car manufacturer because they don't have engineers who design the car specifications. This makes Innonson an assembler.

Hmmmm. Nice contribution
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by SlayerForever: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
henryobinna:
I've been seeing Innoson vehicles adverts on Facebook.

I don't know what advert you mean by the way.

My brother that advert part he wrote is total nonsense. I just laughed at his stupidity really.

I see Innoson adverts all the time in National Dailies.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Newboss(m): 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lippy101:
From the OP analysis it means Innoson is more of a manufacturer than Mercedes Benz.

If anyone still insist that Innoson assembles cars then Mercedes Benz are car dealers.

Benz designed their own cars just like every other manufacturer. Their cars are exclusive to the brand.

IVM is not like that. It was not designed by IVM but simply a rebranding of already existing Chinese vehicles. Even IVM has admitted that before when they were busted to have cars that are exact replica (no difference apart from logo change) of another Chinese vehicle angry

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin
yeye just dey redefine your stupidity Shekina..
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by mildflame: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Take it or leave it, IVM is a Chinese brand and amongst the Chinese brand, it is the 3rd class brand. grin
I rather buy a 15 year old KIA or Hyudai than to drive a new IVM. I no wan die Young. grin grin

This man wants to be a house boy 4ver, shey u don't know verything in life is in stages.
Who talked about China or India some years back?

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
dirtydiva:
yeye just dey redefine your stupidity Shekina..

E still dey pain this man. grin grin grin

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=Bighead9 post=75447660]

E still dey pain this man. grin grin grin[/qkuote]you wey dey post this poo how many boilers have you produce? Aboki
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Psoul(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
venai:
thanks for the correction.

Welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by ghettochild(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
conductor1003:

98% of Nigerian yoots are dumb from birth. These two here, they, put together with their parents might not be able to afford a used secondhand Toyota Corolla imported from North America let alone a brand new Inosson.

Back to the topic,
Innosson, just like Apple, Samsung, Toyota, BMW outsource some of their spare parts from other OEMs and it doesn't remove or add anything to the fact that they are manufacturers.

Let me give me an example of Apple who draft design and sends the description to Foxconn who produces iPhones in China using Samsung screen and processor.

Who is the manufacturer of iPhone? Apple or Foxxcon or Samsung?

Your answer will help you know whether Innossson is a car manufacturer or music producing company.
You b correct bro jare.. Na this thing dey kill us o.. We no dey fit embrace our own local thing.
A prophet has no value in his own land..
No mind dos two retards
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=dirtydiva post=75447721][/quote]

Kikikikikikiki, this one is still PAINED. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by nograv: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
The issue isnt around assembly...

The issue is whether Innosson designs the cars it manufactures.

It does not, so while it is a manufacturer, it is not a true car maker as it does not design its' own vehicles.

That isnt to say what Innosson does isnt impressive. Nigeria will get there. As the saying goes Rome wasnt built in a day..
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chiefobdk(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
wirinet:

I get your drift, but 70% is an over exaggeration. The whole engine, tyres, steel panels, electronics are all imported. It is few items like upholstery that can be sourced locally.

Shut up...

Innoson own a tube and tyre manufacturing company at Enugu
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
Cosplay:

This is an interesting topic.

Here's some objective analysis to ponder:

First, keep the following in mind -

1. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture.

2. Even when a vehicle is manufactured by an automaker in a country different from the home country, the VIN it bears would always identify the country it was manufactured in.

Examples:

The following are VINs for Toyota Models

2T1BU4EEXAC401491

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Canada.

The first 2 characters, 2T, identify this vehicle as originating from Canada.

4T1BF3EK1AU572297

2010 Toyota Camry manufactured in the USA.

The first 2 characters, 4T, identify this vehicle as originating from the USA.

JTDBU4EE0AJ079416

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Japan, the home country of Toyota.

JT identifies this vehicle as originating from Japan.

AHTLA52E403012797

2008 Toyota Corolla manufactured in South Africa.

AH identifies this vehicle as originating from South Africa.

These are all Toyota vehicles, manufactured all over the world, with one thing in common: Despite being Toyota, they always bear a VIN indicating the country of manufacture.

A couple of examples:

Rolls-Royce:

SCA664S53AUX48915

2010 Rolls-Royce Ghost

SC identifies this vehicle as originating from the United Kingdom.

Mercedes-Benz:

WDDGF5EB9AR089347

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300.

WD identifies this vehicle as originating from Germany.

Now to IVM, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing.

LCR6R514XCD180016

2012 IVM G5.

Three guesses what country LC matches?

The Peoples Republic of China.

However this vehicle was supposedly "manufactured" in Nigeria.

Every country on the planet has a set of VIN codes assigned to it. The first 3 characters of the VIN are the WMI. World Manufacturer Identity.

Nigerian WMI:

FF - FK

Until such a time as IVM produces a vehicle in Nigeria with the first 2 characters of the 17 digit VIN as -

FF, FG, FH, FI, FJ, FK

Unfortunately IVM cannot be referred to as a bonafide Nigerian automaker, just as the enthusiast who imports kits from a kit car maker and assembles them in his garage cannot be referred to as a bonafide automaker.

Suggested reading:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifier_(WMI)

God bless you for educating all these IVM praise singers. You just nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by tunize(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
wirinet:

Can you please list the 70% of materials produced locally?
how will i know sir....i jst said based on the write up since 70% materials are sourced here, then he's a manufacturer.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chiefobdk(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
wirinet:

Can you please list the 70% of materials produced locally?

General tyre company Enugu. owned by Innoson make tube and tyre.. innoson company Emene Enugu make plastics and lights. otc company in nnewi make upholstery ibeto company nnewi make battery and engine oil... the engine is made by Nissan company japan... wires. made by cutix cables. nnewi .. brakes fan belt fans linings

2 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by bot101(m): 7:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.

Lol, you are afraid because of comments of people that have never seen an IVM, let alone drive one. You better goan buy you tokumbo Corolla if that's how your mind works.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by vanthoffz(m): 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
Almaiga:
All INNOSO's cars are Assembled in Nigeria. The parts are imported from China, this means
that, all INNOSON's Vehicles are China. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

big head and big brain but no sense
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by xeros20(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.
Pls buy the car is very strong and durable
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Burgerlomo: 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2019

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Optionalx: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
If they ask you JAMB question which country produces INNOSSION brand of cars and you know no answer Nigeria. Sorry na 0 be your score
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chiefobdk(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
RealTrump:

The autojosh guy and his reasoning is baffling sometimes. No company there can manufacture what they need 100%. What he refused to see is that Merc, RR, BMW, Boeing had their own R n D guys. They are the ones that will tell their supplies exact what to produce according to their spec. He said Mercedes has over 100 part supplies, is he expecting them to open 100 different companies to supply all parts when u can pay someone to do it?

Innoson basically uncouples a car from China, brings it to Nnewi n recouple it back, n there is nothing wrong with that.

Mumu see as u dey display ur ignorance
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Ebbunwa(m): 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
So the guys in Aba are shoe assemblers since some of their materials are imported? Or a tailor is a cloth assembler because some of their materials are imported too... Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by amliftedhigher: 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
Don't be afraid to buy it. My company uses all there products
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chiefobdk(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Newboss:

Innonson does not draft any design. That's been proven over and over again. That's where the issue is with what you're talking about. They've even admitted that before.

What he does is rebranding. angry

Shut up mumu

Innoson designed

Ivm fox
And
ivm umu
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by chiefobdk(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
Cosplay:

This is an interesting topic.

Here's some objective analysis to ponder:

First, keep the following in mind -

1. All vehicles bear a VIN which identifies the country of manufacture.

2. Even when a vehicle is manufactured by an automaker in a country different from the home country, the VIN it bears would always identify the country it was manufactured in.

Examples:

The following are VINs for Toyota Models

2T1BU4EEXAC401491

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Canada.

The first 2 characters, 2T, identify this vehicle as originating from Canada.

4T1BF3EK1AU572297

2010 Toyota Camry manufactured in the USA.

The first 2 characters, 4T, identify this vehicle as originating from the USA.

JTDBU4EE0AJ079416

2010 Toyota Corolla manufactured in Japan, the home country of Toyota.

JT identifies this vehicle as originating from Japan.

AHTLA52E403012797

2008 Toyota Corolla manufactured in South Africa.

AH identifies this vehicle as originating from South Africa.

These are all Toyota vehicles, manufactured all over the world, with one thing in common: Despite being Toyota, they always bear a VIN indicating the country of manufacture.

A couple of examples:

Rolls-Royce:

SCA664S53AUX48915

2010 Rolls-Royce Ghost

SC identifies this vehicle as originating from the United Kingdom.

Mercedes-Benz:

WDDGF5EB9AR089347

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300.

WD identifies this vehicle as originating from Germany.

Now to IVM, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing.

LCR6R514XCD180016

2012 IVM G5.

Three guesses what country LC matches?

The Peoples Republic of China.

However this vehicle was supposedly "manufactured" in Nigeria.

Every country on the planet has a set of VIN codes assigned to it. The first 3 characters of the VIN are the WMI. World Manufacturer Identity.

Nigerian WMI:

FF - FK

Until such a time as IVM produces a vehicle in Nigeria with the first 2 characters of the 17 digit VIN as -

FF, FG, FH, FI, FJ, FK

Unfortunately IVM cannot be referred to as a bonafide Nigerian automaker, just as the enthusiast who imports kits from a kit car maker and assembles them in his garage cannot be referred to as a bonafide automaker.

Suggested reading:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifier_(WMI)

Have u seen any IVM VIN number

Na so una go dey mumu upandan

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Newboss(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
chiefobdk:

Shut up mumu

Innoson designed

Ivm fox
And
ivm umu

No he didn't. Google the image angry
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2019

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by smyo(m): 8:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tribalism no go kill una, oya take agbo to dey well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons Why Spare Tyres Are Smaller Than The Normal Tyres / What Makes A Car Bounce? / Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.