Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Today's Relationships Don't Last (659 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Why Today's Relationships Don't Last - Final Part / Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Today's Relationships Don't Last by LoveCapsule(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Before now, love was a feeling that was meant to be kind, affectionate, caring and patient. Love knew so strive, hatred, selfishness or greed. Love was pure in its purest form. It brought about connection, happiness, emotional stability, joy etc. This made being in a relationship much easier than it is today.

But along the line, people started viewing relationship as just a means of satisfying their own selfish desires. This was the point that the concept of love was beginning to get corrupted. People started using love as a tool of manipulation and deceit. They were no longer sincere with each other because greed was starting to get the best of them, thus perverting the true essence of relationships.

Rather than engaging in the real practice of love, everyone started prioritizing the benefits they can get out of being in a relationship with the opposite sex. And in order to enjoy those benefits, they started pretending to be in love with each other, even when the feeling wasn’t mutual.

We started hearing stories of how some ladies were beginning to get into relationships with men in order to benefit from the wealth of those men. They would pretend for months or even years to be madly in love in order to win the affection and trust of the men. And some men, being ignorant of the traps that were being laid out for them, would fall madly in love with those ladies with the hope that they were finding true love.

And we also began to hear tales of some men who being driven by their lustful desires were starting to device means on how to deceive young ladies. They would profess their undying love to ladies just so they could have their way with them. And some ladies who were unaware of the devices of those men started falling victim to them.

So as you can see, the purpose of relationships, which was meant to be a way in which people could grow their love and learn to understand each other, was slowly perverted and changed because of greed and selfishness. Some ladies started viewing relationships as a means of attaining wealth and security, while some men started seeing it as just an avenue for having sex and they all had to start pretending in order to achieve their aim. This was the beginning of the problem! - To be continued.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Today's Relationships Don't Last by solz007(m): 5:21am On Feb 06, 2019
Well Written

1 Like

Re: Why Today's Relationships Don't Last by Siddeek: 5:47am On Feb 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Today's Relationships Don't Last by LoveCapsule(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2019
solz007:
Well Written

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Tried To Keep My Dream Job But I Made An Emotional Mistake / My Female Tenant Want Me To Marry Her Becuase Am A Landlord--what Should I Do? / Checkout Crazy Facts About Kissing You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.