Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police (19230 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by adanny01(m): 8:16am On Feb 06, 2019
So this man has plunged to this level.

When his case has become bad to worst, he has decided to whip up sentiment after it died at the Court of Appeal.

He has resorted to pillar to post approach to get sympathy. I pity all the fools that protested for this man.

By this petition, he wants to tell us that he has another source of funds which should explain the pounds and dollars in his account. Secondly, we as Nigerians should have empathy on him because he is just being a Fulani victim, from Aso villa to his farm in Nassarawa state.

My farm has been invaded by fulani since 2010 and became worst in 2015. If we investigate well, we would find his farm has been invaded several times before but it is now he has found need to write a petition, when he needs all the sympathy he can muster.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by greaterlove001: 8:18am On Feb 06, 2019
The herdman unveiling his true identity, just in case you think he was fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by BLIZZARDCON: 8:18am On Feb 06, 2019
This one is image laundering
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Kingspin(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2019
Boko haram and herdsmen are working with a section of Nigerian government.

They deploy them to perceive enemies.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by BlazeAttai(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2019
So na now Thief Onnoghen wan claim say him get farm, abi
This man is a criminal, he must go to jail!!!
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by michoim(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2019
This man is on a lying spree
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by lexy2014: 8:29am On Feb 06, 2019
odiks:
Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen has written a petition to the Inspector-General of Police, alleging that some suspected herdsmen invaded his farm, Wanogan Farms Limited, located around the Masaka area of Nasarawa State, on Friday, February 1, 2019.

In the petition signed by one of his lawyers, Ogwu Onoja (SAN), the suspended CJN urged the police to investigate and provide security around his property.

The letter read in part, “We have been reliably informed by our client that some men who appear to be herdsmen were at the farm on Friday afternoon and also later at night inquiring about the owner of the farm and issued frightening threats to the farmhands working there.

The workers are now living in fear and consequently have stopped all farming activities. The farm belonging to the family of the CJN is a large commercial venture wherein veritable investments in time, labour and financial resources have been committed.

“We consider such a threat as an indication of imminent attack on the lives and property on the farm and we implore you, in the discharge of your constitutional duty as the number one police officer of the nation, to deploy your men to secure the farm.”

Culled From The Punch Newspaper

https://punchng.com/onnoghen-in-fresh-application-says-cct-chairmans-integrity-in-doubt/

What have all this got 2do with d issue of asset declaration?
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by bigiyaro(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2019
ct2:
go and face your trial

some people said Nigeria will burn because of you,we still de nothing happened
you are amazing.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by RoyalUc(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2019
Qweenkiki:
is he under arrest or something?..

He's not.

Welcome to NL, Pretty!
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 06, 2019
Goldenventures:
Does Buhari know the meaning of

-due process
-fair hearing
-seperation of Power
-innocent until proven guilty?

Check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. Save up to 75%

can you connvince yourself that the system of justice in nigeria subject a common man to the following;
- due process
- fair hearing
- protection from oppression & intimidations
- how many convict in nigeria prison where proven guilty before been dump in kirikiri, how many had a chance to a fair trial.
Most of you come online fighting to defend these rogues ,but how many times have you see politicians or even there children rising to defend a common man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2019
ericsmith:

can you connvince yourself that the system of justice in nigeria subject a common man to the following;
- due process
- fair hearing
- protection from oppression & intimidations
- how many convict in nigeria prison where proven guilty before been dump in kirikiri, how many had a chance to a fair trial.
Most of you come online fighting to defend these rogues ,but how many times have you see politicians or even there children rising to defend a common man.
Who is defending who? Are Buharis children defending you too?

I don't care about onoghen. If he is guilty let him be condemned mercilessly. But in doing so, lets follow due process. Even a mediocre brain can comprehend this ni?
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by bkool7(m): 8:57am On Feb 06, 2019
You can't have ur farm anywhere in the South it's the North you went to.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Neoteny(m): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2019
ojimbo:
You Guys had the opportunity to impeach that clown but were busy playing dirty politics. Now he is back to his strength to give tou guys suprise packages

Remind me again how the CJN can impeach the president

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by peacettw: 9:00am On Feb 06, 2019
adanny01:

When his case has become bad to worst, he has decided to whip up sentiment after it died at the Court of Appeal.

He has resorted to pillar to post approach to get sympathy. I pity all the fools that protested for this man.

By this petition, he wants to tell us that he has another source of funds which should explain the pounds and dollars in his account. Secondly, we as Nigerians should have empathy on him because he is just being a Fulani victim, from Aso villa to his farm in Nassarawa state.

My farm has been invaded by fulani since 2010 and became worst in 2015. If we investigate well, we would find his farm has been invaded several times before but it is now he has found need to write a petition, when he needs all the sympathy he can muster.

Well said. Reminds me of the saying, if you don't like the way the conversation is going, change it. So now, the new convo is his lucrative farms been besieged by herdsmen. The keywords here are farms (since judges should not earn from any other source except from agricultural proceeds) and herdsmen (suggesting persecution of some sort to strip him of his monetary gains). Nice.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Centcanada: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2019
You don't comment because people are commenting. Read, see reasons on what you regard, disregards sentiment and give a good judgement. We Youth need to be careful. Whatsoever we do here or comment, will surely be a mark or plus for us whether negative or positive. Judge matter according to how it is and remove party or die hard politics of bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by TB27: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2019
adanny01:

Did you check if he had reported it before ? How are you sure it isn’t the media houses who are making it a big deal because they want to sell papers.

This matter of invasion isn’t new & it’s been reported severally to the very same police and not to the newspapers, so how did they get the petition, was it them he reported to?

And he does have the farm as an alternate source of income no crime there! The farm has been in existence for years if you don’t know about it dsnt mean it didn’t exist.

And he dsnt need your sympathy, to what end! Do you hear him responding to their narrative
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by amina88: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2019
Did any sympathizer of the cjn ever asked if the chief judge remember DUE process or fair hearing when collecting bribes. Did he remember all these issues while declaring his assets.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Centcanada: 9:09am On Feb 06, 2019
You don't comment because people are commenting. Read, see reasons on what you reards, disregards sentiment and give a good judgement. We Youth need to be careful. Whatsoever we do here or comment, will surely be a mark or plus for us whether negative or positive. Judge matter according to how it is and remove party or die hard politics of bitterness.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Jason007: 9:15am On Feb 06, 2019
we all can't provide security for ourselves like it's the wild west. It's the job ND duty of the police and government putting infrastructure in place

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by wink2015(m): 9:29am On Feb 06, 2019
Northern political leaders led by their Fulani patron Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) turned civilian President want to remove Justice Onnoghen by force to enable President Buhari rig 2019 presidential election.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by tinsel: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2019
This is so bad coming from a chief judge if it is true.This shows clearly he is a political judge.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Goldenventures:

Who is defending who? Are Buharis children defending you too?

I don't care about onoghen. If he is guilty let him be condemned mercilessly. But in doing so, lets follow due process. Even a mediocre brain can comprehend this ni?

what is due process when the system meant to facilitate & enforce the process is alway & easily compromised.
The nigeria constitution we all depend on for justice was smartly drafted in a way these politician will never prosecuted successful ,so much loopholes accessible only to the rich and you ask nigerians to wait on due process.
our constitution/laws are mere weapons fashioned against the poor ... buhari realised that just like any other reasonable nigerians could detect

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Sholaco: 9:45am On Feb 06, 2019
No worry next na buhari go invade ur house himself...just dey dia dey waste your time, make u no go court
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2019
ericsmith:

what is due process when the system meant to facilitate & enforce the process is alway & easily compromised.
The nigeria constitution we all depend on for justice was smartly drafted in a way these politician will never prosecuted successful ,so much loopholes accessible only to the rich and you ask nigerians to wait on due process.
our constitution/laws are mere weapons fashioned against the poor ... buhari realised that just like any other reasonable nigerians could detect

Buhari has / had majority in the Nass true or false? What prevented him from making new and better laws?

What about the many people Campaigning with him, and he is campaigning for, that are also Accused of corruption? For them the laws were suddenly good right?

The electoral act/laws are also so bad that he is. Vetoing them right?

The constitution that requires federal character is also such a bad law, that Buhari has appointed only northerners in the whole security, Parlamentary and now jjudiciary arms right?

Selective indignation!
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2019
They just want to paralyse the finance of ex CJN. The way they finished Badeh. Hmmmm!
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2019
RoyalUc:

He's not.
Welcome to NL, Pretty!
thank you

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2019
@:OP
Your topic is misleading; there was no attack on the farm but threats by men suspected to be herdsmen - carefully read the story again, this time more slowly and subsequently make make appropriate correction(s).

@:TOPIC

Onnoghen is obviously clutching at straws: he is angling for sympathy from a ethno-religious angle by reporting the alleged herdsmen threat; and secondly trying to use the farm to explain for some of the illicit wealth reported in his bank accounts - though I can't see how he could successfully explain the huge forex deposits and operating a bureau de change, contrary to rules for public officers.
Re: Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police by SalamRushdie: 10:46am On Feb 06, 2019
who doesn't know Buhari is in charge of Fulani herdsmen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Prepared For 4 Years Of Activism - Adeyanju Tells Buhari / NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ngbo, Ebonyi Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.