Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? (22929 Views)

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) / Reps To Probe Payment Of ‘high Acceptance Fees’ In Public Varsities / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2019
Sgbate:

The irony in this Ur statement tho, u know not everyone responding to this thread is a student, as u, as well as not everyone is poor as u may think, the person u mentioned is not a child buy a PARENT as u have and...
Well just SMH!!!

Oya read what you wrote does it make sense to you?... I had headache trying to decipher what you typed... Just swerve biko!
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Men10: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
So much money after paying 25k per each person x 4000 admitted students.This brought to expulsion and probe of new rector of a polytechnic on account he did not remmit.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Suspect33(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
Men10:
So much money after paying 25k per each person x 4000 admitted students.This brought to expulsion and probe of new rector of a polytechnic on account he did not remmit.
bro I got admission and was.asked for my birth cert, I don't have one, what do i do
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
Suspect33:
bro I got admission and was.asked for my birth cert, I don't have one, what do i do

A sworn affidavit will do
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Suspect33(m): 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
Oregbe17:

A sworn affidavit will do
does it cost much??
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by iListen(f): 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
Benblaq:
iListen
Where art thou?
I've missed you o

Wow! Welcome back! I'm here o.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 08, 2019
Suspect33:
does it cost much??

Not quite; here in Benin, it costs #200 at the HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Suspect33(m): 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
Oregbe17:

Not quite; here in Benin, it costs #200 at the HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
thank you very much, this has really disturbed my peace, tnx again
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
theoldpretender:
The cold truth is that our universities are loss making institutions.

In November 2017, the VC of ABU in a speech stated that his overhead costs are 600million per annum.He gets 100million from government. Where is he going to find the remaining 500million? Charge extra fees.

What even makes things bad is that the money is not enough. Throw in corruption...and you get the point.

The harsh truth is that if you want good universites...if you want universities that look like the nice ones abroad...you pay high school fees.

Because it is becoming difficult to fund education in this country.Ideally, in my opinion (my opinion...mindyou) we should be spending 5 trillion naira yearly on education...primary,secondary and tertiary. Instad we spend N800bn out of a budget of N8-9 trillion, with an oil price that has been falling since 2014. So either fees go up, or we take fat loans...or we just accept poorly equipped universities...while Afe BABALOLA,Covenant and Babcock...where fees are over N1million per annum for some courses...take over.....and the graduates get the better jobs.

Really!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daughter’s Expulsion: Niran Malaolu Battles Trinity International College Ogun / JAMB UTME Pre-registration Tips For Candidates – 2017 / Turkish Government Detains 50 Nigerian Students In Istanbul Over Failed Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.