Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? (17983 Views)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by egojeny1(f): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
got a job for her at sweet sensation, the manager of that branch is my childhood friend.....after some months of working there she started behaving unusual, not picking my calls, rarely comes to my place again. .only comes when she feels like.. ......made some inquiry and found out she's cheating on me, caught her and confronted her only for her to give me some flimsy excuses..... after the heated argument she then dropped the bombshell,that she don't need my money if Dats wat making me to feel I own her,that she's independent now.....what crossed my mind wat was that man did to his wife.....I called my friend and putted enormous pressure on him,he had no oda option but to sack her.... I also transfered some of her money to an account unknown to her.....I know everything about her account (BVN,ATM PIN, LAST FOUR DIGITS NUMBER),.... all I needed was her fone,connived with some guys to get it from her at knife point
Nawa o. U still went to the extent of conniving to collect her phone @ knife point? U get heart o. U wld've left the phone for her na since she had already been sacked from the job.
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by egojeny1(f): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2019
dollytino4real:
money is a padlock use in closing in-laws mouth from seeing and saying rubbish about u
Gbam! U nailed it.
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2019
LordKO:
It's important for one to be financially independent before marriage because it is a sign of economic emancipation and responsibleness. However, it is even better to be resourceful, or to master the act of being resourceful, than to be financially independent, because money remains a visitor.

Also, pursuit of financial independence shouldn't be for the purpose to subjugate one's better half, or as a leverage to establish contention in the union. Money will always remain a means to an end but never an end itself. It never defines a sane person.

Very much agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2019
egojeny1:

Nawa o. U still went to the extent of conniving to collect her phone @ knife point? U get heart o. U wld've left the phone for her na since she had already been sacked from the job.
I needed d phone to b able to withdraw the money from her account..... I had to do it discreetly
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by tabithababy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
got a job for her at sweet sensation, the manager of that branch is my childhood friend.....after some months of working there she started behaving unusual, not picking my calls, rarely comes to my place again. .only comes when she feels like.. ......made some inquiry and found out she's cheating on me, caught her and confronted her only for her to give me some flimsy excuses..... after the heated argument she then dropped the bombshell,that she don't need my money if Dats wat making me to feel I own her,that she's independent now.....what crossed my mind wat was that man did to his wife.....I called my friend and putted enormous pressure on him,he had no oda option but to sack her.... I also transfered some of her money to an account unknown to her.....I know everything about her account (BVN,ATM PIN, LAST FOUR DIGITS NUMBER),.... all I needed was her fone,connived with some guys to get it from her at knife point

Haaaasaaa aye o shocked
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by LordKO(m): 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
bukatyne:

Very much agree with you.

It's obvious you're a strong-minded - not a headstrong - woman.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by needful: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2019
For me, in a country like Nigeria where women are treated anyhow by men.....a woman need to be financially buoyant before and after marriage so as to be able to withstand some men's Ego. 98% of men in Nigeria are always happy to see a woman suffer in the name of submission and that is why they get afraid of marrying the independent rich ladies. Most men doesnt want to see 1 naira in their womens hands, they just want u to be helpless so that they can bring their girl friends even on that ur matrimonial bed. Men hate to see a woman flourish if eventually there was a divorce situation. So because of all this, I prepared very wel financially before I got married and my man eventually is not that type of men who sees women as nothing but object of sexual satisfaction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by ODUNEWUWURA(f): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
The same reasons why man needs to be financially independent. Ladies you are not created for man. Get a life for your self.
At the age of 5-10 I want to become this or that.
At the age of 10-18 you go to school to become responsible person and to build you self,you have a lot of dreams and ambition you want to achieve.
By the time you grow up and you started thinking about marriage.you forget all your childhood dreams and ambitions.your new ambition is now to marry a man that Will take up your financial needs.what happened to your old ambitions
Ladies get a life and stop relying on man.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by ireneidiva(f): 5:07am On Feb 10, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
I needed d phone to b able to withdraw the money from her account..... I had to do it discreetly
You are evil and you should be arrested. You should have just ended the relationship and moved on. You are petty. You are also a thief. Is it your money? It is probably this your attitude that made her change. God forbid a 'human being' like you. How you sleep at night is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2019
it helps the woman to be independent, also makes it easier for the man too.
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2019
ireneidiva:

You are evil and you should be arrested. You should have just ended the relationship and moved on. You are petty. You are also a thief. Is it your money? It is probably this your attitude that made her change. God forbid a 'human being' like you. How you sleep at night is beyond me.
I went through alot securing that job for her(financially/physically) only for her to be telling rubbish in my face...you dont bite the hands that feeds you........ FYI, she don't even know that I was d one behind it all(her been sacked /her money vanishing) because it was done clandestinely beyond imagination.... now she's loyal like a dog to its owner.........I sleep pretty well at night with sweet dreams
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by ireneidiva(f): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
I went through alot securing that job for her(financially/physically) only for her to be telling rubbish in my face...you dont bite the hands that feeds you........ FYI, she don't even know that I was d one behind it all(her been sacked /her money vanishing) because it was done clandestinely beyond imagination.... now she's loyal like a dog to its owner.........I sleep pretty well at night with sweet dreams
Whatever she did wrong to you, you should have addressed it by talking to her or just breaking up with her. This is so wrong and petty. She can still do something similar in future to you. You should have just left. God forbid.
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by Obainoneandonly(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2019
ireneidiva:

Whatever she did wrong to you, you should have addressed it by talking to her or just breaking up with her. This is so wrong and petty. She can still do something similar in future to you. You should have just left. God forbid.
she can't do such again, I have all my contingencies plans on lock down.... I tried talking ,just like mature folks do,but she ain't having none of it...
.... the money got into her head that she forgot who got the job for her.....then she started cheating........ I did what I had to do to savour d situation
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by TV01(m): 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2019
Elder0001:

If you marry men like acidosis ,tv01/tv101 and LordKO no matter how rich you are they’ll try to subjugate you . Because their ego rests on your subservience to them .

Men like acidosis can’t thrive with a financially independent woman who has no need for his self acclaimed protection and provision.

It's TV01 cheesy Hope your spouse comes soon. And that your eyes clear first. Or at least the practicalities of your ideology hold truegrin grin grin

And no, it's absolutely irrelevant if a woman is financially independent prior to marriage. Indeed, not many men are and, often, it's the combination of income and labour from both parties that make marriage a viable proposition and going concern.

One's financial status will not necessarily speak to their commitment, maturity or vision. All decidedly more important than financial capability, which does have it's place admittedly, but is not in and of itself determinant.

Marriage is not about independence, it's about inter-dependence. Once you get that and are mature and committed this poser eases to exist as a real consideration. Indeed, this thinking is better termed "financial independence after marriage", as that is what it is mostly about isn't it?

For those of you who are true of heart and desirous of marriage, be wise. Don't be caught up in fallacies, erroneous notions or ill-founded and distracting considerations. Beware the interjections of the ignorant and/or bitter.

Singing "money ain't a thang grin"

Best
TV
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by ArcToyin(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2019
Olamsoh:
your birth month is what makes you feel better when sad

January – Series
February – Alcohol
March – Money
April – Jogging
May – Food
June – Movies
July – Weed
August – Shopping
September – Cooking
October – Sex
November – Swimming
December – Good Company
Inasmuch as these seems to help against boredom and worrisome, it also will help to destroy. Replace alcohol, weed and sex is other exciting activities.
Re: Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2022
Because a woman is a helper not a liability so bring something to the table if you can.
It’s good to have some money no matter how small.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Cousin's Son Or Daughter Is Called What? / I Sell My Properties Whenever I Go Broke, Is It Spirtual? / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.