Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors (23226 Views)

Married Women Compete With Single Women For Bachelors / Grace Ajilore: Pregnant Feminist Dragged For Getting Pregnant Out Of Wedlock / This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by gisthabit: 1:38am On Feb 09, 2019

Your life changes into a new phase the moment you make the decision to get married. Married life comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

I am not going to dwell on the pros and cons of marriage. But I need you to know that marriage requires a lot of sacrifices from both parties involved. And that the benefits are far higher than the disadvantages.

My concern in this article is to highlight 3 important and critical steps that are necessary when moving from bachelorhood to marriage life.

Trust me, there are a lot of steps involved in the process of getting married but I have put together in this article three fundamental steps that are crucial and necessary.

3 Fundamental Steps for Getting Married for Bachelors

#1. Move out of your parents’ house

This is a brutal fact that shouldn’t be polished. You should consider moving out of your parents’ or family house the very moment you decide to get married.

Starting your own family require that you should have some basic home appliances. Ranging from furniture, kitchen utensils and other basic items.

From experience, staying with your parents have a way of discouraging you from buying personal properties needed to start life.

The financial burden being placed on you by your family can be overbearing especially when you are staying with them. Sometimes they depend solely on you that they may not want to engage themselves in any money making venture simply because they know that you are always there to provide their needs.

Staying alone also help you to know your true financial capabilities. It helps you to know if you can be able to bring in someone into your life and at the same time pay the person’s bills.

#2. Prepare yourself

Never make the mistake of dabbling into marriage with any form of preparation. I am sure that you wouldn’t want to call it a quit after a few months of getting married.

Getting married requires some level of preparations. It could be emotionally, spiritually and even financially.

Read books or consult marriage counsellors to help guide you make the right decisions ahead of marriage.

I recommend you read this book: Things I wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.

#3. Start a relationship

Gone are those days when out of nowhere our parents will just spring up with a woman for us to marry. Nowadays, we make our choices and we live with it whether good or bad.

Being in a relationship gives you the opportunity to get to know the person before making the decision to settle down with the woman or not.

I know that we have to work hard to make ourselves financially capable to handle marriage expenditures. But we shouldn’t get so busy to the extent that there wouldn’t be time to get to meet and know the right life partner.

The long and short is that having a relationship avails you the window to evaluate your compatibility with your future partner if carefully utilized.

Lastly, never go into a relationship with a woman with the hope of marrying her. Instead, start off with an open mind.

Having an open mind will help you to see both the good and bad side of her and guide you into making an unbiased decision.

Source: https://gisthabit.com/3-fundamental-steps-for-getting-married-for-bachelors/

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by gisthabit: 1:39am On Feb 09, 2019
You should also read: Top 8 Money Tips for Salary Earners to enable you manage your salary in 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Romneygk: 3:00am On Feb 09, 2019
Impressive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Born2winmorpusi: 3:00am On Feb 09, 2019
Win more puscy before marriage

8 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by daddycee91(m): 3:01am On Feb 09, 2019
Get a reasonable job or business

9 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:01am On Feb 09, 2019
THE WALL OF A STRONG RELATIONSHIP, IS BUILT ON A VERY STRONG WALLET.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:02am On Feb 09, 2019
Born2winmorpusi:
Win more puscy before marriage
Is this your WHOLE purpose in life?
You don't ONLY talk about it, but it is actually your moniker!
What a purpose and aim in life!!

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by momentusjay(f): 3:02am On Feb 09, 2019
Men and things
Too much pressure on a male figure

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Triangles1(m): 3:03am On Feb 09, 2019
I read but I don't believe in all this manual books instructions on how to get married.

Just pray not to meet "agbero" as partner.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by zicoraads: 3:04am On Feb 09, 2019
...been stuck on 1 in four years now. grin embarassed
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:05am On Feb 09, 2019
zicoraads:
...been stuck on 1 in four years now. grin embarassed
The Lord is your strenght!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by infogenius(m): 3:05am On Feb 09, 2019
Nice piece.
Ladies don't consider marrying a man that is not working.
And guys, marry a lady that is working or in business or else, life and marriage go quick tire u.

20 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by zicoraads: 3:06am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551411:
The Lord is your strenght!
Amin!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Amerage(m): 3:07am On Feb 09, 2019
Nice advice

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 3:07am On Feb 09, 2019

• Respect is more important than love. Not that love is not important. But there are many cases where couples choose to stay together even though the love had died long before. Sometimes to support their children till they grow up, or to attain financial security. In contrary, once you lose the respect to your partner, you won’t be able to coexist. You can revive lost love, but disrespect is irreparable.
• Fancy the eyes: If you decided to fall in love with the looks, make sure to fall for the eyes, because they never age. The handsome guy that you know today, in few years’ time, will have a muffin-top belly and thinning hair and the stunning beauty that you adore now will have wrinkled face and sagged posture. Remember, the eyes are the window of the soul. You will see your partner’s passion, joy and longing through them no matter how old they are.
• Cross minefields together: When your partner is progressing through a tough time in their career or if they’re struggling with some health issues, or even going insane. This is what I call the minefield of your married life. You must cross it together. If you decided to wait for him/her at the other side of the minefield and let them cross it by themselves, you’ll definitely lose them. If they don’t make it to the other side, you have lost them. If they made it by themselves without your support… You have lost them as well.
• You will not be the same person 10 years from now: People change all the time. You fell head over heels for this person. Years of continuously getting crushed under corporate-life wheels, marathon after the kids, and drowning in daily housework, will make your partner’s personality almost unrecognizable. They might become more nervous, less sensitive, more aggressive or less forgiving. They will definitely not be the same person. And you need to come to terms with the new version of you and your partner, otherwise your life will be unbearable.
• Work as a team: You found that after few years, both of you have changed. Now more than ever, you need to work as a team. It is so hard to have a ship with two captains. Sometimes let her be in control and sometime let him lead. At the end of the day you want to arrive safely to the other side.
• Feed your intimacy: Sex is like food and drink. Everyone knows that. But some people think that everyone can survive on the same amount of food. For some people, kids’ meal is more than enough. But some won’t feel full before devouring a whole family meal. Same with sex. Don’t expect your partner to have same appetite as you. If one partner was starved that might lead to unfaithfulness. You need to communicate your feeling, needs and worries otherwise you will be stuck in an ox donkey relationship.
• Be friends: One day, many years from now, when the cyclone of emotion, intimacy, kids growing and work routines, settle down, you’ll look back at your marriage path and reflect. You will have a lot of time to spend together. If the hours passed as eternity and you don’t have anything to say, then you haven’t been friends all your life. Friendship is the glue that stick the couple together. All the way to the end.
• Don’t take things for granted: ‘Happily ever after’ is an elusive statement. There are ups and downs in any marriage. Sometimes you feel you married the perfect partner and sometimes you perceived them as partner from hell. It is always work in progress. So, celebrate the good time and be ready for the hardships.
• Don’t compare: The following scenario may happen to you after few years of marriage: You’re having dinner with your partner with another couple who look like the Romeo and Juliet of the modern day. They look passionately at each other and touch hands as if it’s their first time. She explicates her man as the perfect husband. And he talks about her as the trophy wife. At your side of the table: Sigh… look at each other… why can’t my partner be like that? Be careful, what you had witnessed might be a show. Like the one you watch at the cinema. It had start and end time. Some people are good at acting in public.
• Patience… Patience… and more Patience: When you face any obstacles just remember that time mends all problems. So take a deep breath in… shall I make myself more clear?… Let it out. Patience.
Source: indy100

101 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by stanliwise(m): 3:07am On Feb 09, 2019
Marriage can wait..

6 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:09am On Feb 09, 2019
I've got Numbers 2 and 3 Boxes ticked already...

Although for the number 2, i am not really prepared financially buh working on that...

Remaining Number 1 box that hasn't been ticked at all buh I'm gonn do that pretty soon and then I'll be all set... smiley

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by dicksonadams(m): 3:10am On Feb 09, 2019
Old

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by gentlguruz(m): 3:22am On Feb 09, 2019
nice post
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Presh555(m): 3:22am On Feb 09, 2019
Nice one
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:22am On Feb 09, 2019
IdreamOfUnicorn:


• Respect is more important than love. Not that love is not important. But there are many cases where couples choose to stay together even though the love had died long before. Sometimes to support their children till they grow up, or to attain financial security. In contrary, once you lose the respect to your partner, you won’t be able to coexist. You can revive lost love, but disrespect is irreparable.
• Fancy the eyes: If you decided to fall in love with the looks, make sure to fall for the eyes, because they never age. The handsome guy that you know today, in few years’ time, will have a muffin-top belly and thinning hair and the stunning beauty that you adore now will have wrinkled face and sagged posture. Remember, the eyes are the window of the soul. You will see your partner’s passion, joy and longing through them no matter how old they are.
• Cross minefields together: When your partner is progressing through a tough time in their career or if they’re struggling with some health issues, or even going insane. This is what I call the minefield of your married life. You must cross it together. If you decided to wait for him/her at the other side of the minefield and let them cross it by themselves, you’ll definitely lose them. If they don’t make it to the other side, you have lost them. If they made it by themselves without your support… You have lost them as well.
• You will not be the same person 10 years from now: People change all the time. You fell head over heels for this person. Years of continuously getting crushed under corporate-life wheels, marathon after the kids, and drowning in daily housework, will make your partner’s personality almost unrecognizable. They might become more nervous, less sensitive, more aggressive or less forgiving. They will definitely not be the same person. And you need to come to terms with the new version of you and your partner, otherwise your life will be unbearable.
• Work as a team: You found that after few years, both of you have changed. Now more than ever, you need to work as a team. It is so hard to have a ship with two captains. Sometimes let her be in control and sometime let him lead. At the end of the day you want to arrive safely to the other side.
• Feed your intimacy: Sex is like food and drink. Everyone knows that. But some people think that everyone can survive on the same amount of food. For some people, kids’ meal is more than enough. But some won’t feel full before devouring a whole family meal. Same with sex. Don’t expect your partner to have same appetite as you. If one partner was starved that might lead to unfaithfulness. You need to communicate your feeling, needs and worries otherwise you will be stuck in an ox donkey relationship.
• Be friends: One day, many years from now, when the cyclone of emotion, intimacy, kids growing and work routines, settle down, you’ll look back at your marriage path and reflect. You will have a lot of time to spend together. If the hours passed as eternity and you don’t have anything to say, then you haven’t been friends all your life. Friendship is the glue that stick the couple together. All the way to the end.
• Don’t take things for granted: ‘Happily ever after’ is an elusive statement. There are ups and downs in any marriage. Sometimes you feel you married the perfect partner and sometimes you perceived them as partner from hell. It is always work in progress. So, celebrate the good time and be ready for the hardships.
• Don’t compare: The following scenario may happen to you after few years of marriage: You’re having dinner with your partner with another couple who look like the Romeo and Juliet of the modern day. They look passionately at each other and touch hands as if it’s their first time. She explicates her man as the perfect husband. And he talks about her as the trophy wife. At your side of the table: Sigh… look at each other… why can’t my partner be like that? Be careful, what you had witnessed might be a show. Like the one you watch at the cinema. It had start and end time. Some people are good at acting in public.
• Patience… Patience… and more Patience: When you face any obstacles just remember that time mends all problems. So take a deep breath in… shall I make myself more clear?… Let it out. Patience.
Source: indy100

Very beautiful piece you got up here... Kudos!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by IME1: 3:23am On Feb 09, 2019
grin u na no dey sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by AnthonyAk(m): 3:26am On Feb 09, 2019
lol what? if u dont have money just forget it

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Vince77(m): 3:34am On Feb 09, 2019
See your mouth
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Presh555(m): 3:34am On Feb 09, 2019
momentusjay:
Men and things
Too much pressure on a male figure
It's not easy oh, my dear

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by HeWrites(m): 3:39am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551396:

Zombie no dey sleep

5 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:47am On Feb 09, 2019
Bachelors, make una out more efforts o.
God bless your hustles.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by jchioma: 3:53am On Feb 09, 2019
These tips may work for bro. Mynd44 and all unrepentant bachelors.

grin
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by emmabest2000(m): 3:58am On Feb 09, 2019
Incomplete write up grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MrSix: 4:00am On Feb 09, 2019
Wish those planning marriage well...people like me are still far from that.

Check my signature
I sell USA used laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Sweetcollins: 4:00am On Feb 09, 2019
Incitive
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by samuelson06(m): 4:02am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551396:

And you, what? To support a lifeless president every sane person has rejected. See, you were indirectly praying for your god. Mr. Integrity that endorses a corrupt governor. Are both of them not corrupt? A dog has leaked your face bro. Zombiee. Your god would be defeated come 16th.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Advice To Young,unmarried Men...........by Dr. Myles Munroe / "I Love You" And "I'm In Love With You" What Is The Difference? / I'm Drunk, Ask Me Anything Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.