Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors (23231 Views)

Married Women Compete With Single Women For Bachelors / Grace Ajilore: Pregnant Feminist Dragged For Getting Pregnant Out Of Wedlock / This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:08am On Feb 09, 2019
samuelson06:

And you, what? To support a lifeless president every sane person has rejected.
You? You categorized yourself as sane?!
What an insult to sane Nigerians!
Spit on your head!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by samuelson06(m): 4:09am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551693:

You? You categorized yourself as sane?!
What an insult to sane Nigerians!
Spit on your head!

Idle man living off peanuts from a lifeless president. grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Orangina(m): 5:04am On Feb 09, 2019
Play this game and Chop Clean Mouth
Sunday 10th feb. 2019 match @5pm
Manchester vs Chelsea. David Luiz to receive A Card(Either yellow or Red) @3.60odds. Play it and win.. Booking Code is Z67MZMQH
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 5:35am On Feb 09, 2019
gisthabit:

Your life changes into a new phase the moment you make the decision to get married. Married life comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

I am not going to dwell on the pros and cons of marriage. But I need you to know that marriage requires a lot of sacrifices from both parties involved. And that the benefits are far higher than the disadvantages.

My concern in this article is to highlight 3 important and critical steps that are necessary when moving from bachelorhood to marriage life.

Trust me, there are a lot of steps involved in the process of getting married but I have put together in this article three fundamental steps that are crucial and necessary.

3 Fundamental Steps for Getting Married for Bachelors

#1. Move out of your parents’ house

This is a brutal fact that shouldn’t be polished. You should consider moving out of your parents’ or family house the very moment you decide to get married.

Starting your own family require that you should have some basic home appliances. Ranging from furniture, kitchen utensils and other basic items.

From experience, staying with your parents have a way of discouraging you from buying personal properties needed to start life.

The financial burden being placed on you by your family can be overbearing especially when you are staying with them. Sometimes they depend solely on you that they may not want to engage themselves in any money making venture simply because they know that you are always there to provide their needs.

Staying alone also help you to know your true financial capabilities. It helps you to know if you can be able to bring in someone into your life and at the same time pay the person’s bills.

#2. Prepare yourself

Never make the mistake of dabbling into marriage with any form of preparation. I am sure that you wouldn’t want to call it a quit after a few months of getting married.

Getting married requires some level of preparations. It could be emotionally, spiritually and even financially.

Read books or consult marriage counsellors to help guide you make the right decisions ahead of marriage.

I recommend you read this book: Things I wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.

#3. Start a relationship

Gone are those days when out of nowhere our parents will just spring up with a woman for us to marry. Nowadays, we make our choices and we live with it whether good or bad.

Being in a relationship gives you the opportunity to get to know the person before making the decision to settle down with the woman or not.

I know that we have to work hard to make ourselves financially capable to handle marriage expenditures. But we shouldn’t get so busy to the extent that there wouldn’t be time to get to meet and know the right life partner.

The long and short is that having a relationship avails you the window to evaluate your compatibility with your future partner if carefully utilized.

Lastly, never go into a relationship with a woman with the hope of marrying her. Instead, start off with an open mind.

Having an open mind will help you to see both the good and bad side of her and guide you into making an unbiased decision.

Source: https://gisthabit.com/3-fundamental-steps-for-getting-married-for-bachelors/

Taaa!@the first bolded! Na lie jare..Even this rat (only God knows where he came from! E be like say na one of my new neighbours relocate am join us when packing in cool) disagreed and has been making this shio shio noise immediately I read that part, hes trying to tell me not to swallow everything you said up there.. tongue
Marriage issa scam..if you know you know cheesy #Teamsingle #Teamsaynotorelationship cos they are all ships..what am i even saying sef undecided wharever cool

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Humility017(m): 5:59am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551394:
THE WALL OF A STRONG RELATIONSHIP, IS BUILT ON A VERY STRONG WALLET.

this is the only sensible thing you've said since you joined nairaland...

chop knuckle....you nailed it with a 6 inches nail

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On Feb 09, 2019
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 09, 2019
These points are for men.

It is ideal for a woman to be found while living with her family.
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Legitjerry645: 6:08am On Feb 09, 2019
See prove below!

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Alejob: 6:11am On Feb 09, 2019
Marry someone whose worst act you can stomach....you will need almost mumu leave of patience to maintain peace.... Be ready to forgive aplenty time!
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by dheaven: 6:13am On Feb 09, 2019
This tips are old. Bring in fresh ideas op.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by NdiaraIGBO: 6:17am On Feb 09, 2019
samuelson06:

And you, what? To support a lifeless president every sane person has rejected. See, you were indirectly praying for your god. Mr. Integrity that endorses a corrupt governor. Are both of them not corrupt? A dog has leaked your face bro. Zombiee. Your god would be defeated come 16th. Unam iköt.

Tell us about your LIFELY father...,,..,,,...Who is he?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by apelike1: 6:36am On Feb 09, 2019
gisthabit:

Your life changes into a new phase the moment you make the decision to get married. Married life comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

I am not going to dwell on the pros and cons of marriage. But I need you to know that marriage requires a lot of sacrifices from both parties involved. And that the benefits are far higher than the disadvantages.

My concern in this article is to highlight 3 important and critical steps that are necessary when moving from bachelorhood to marriage life.

Trust me, there are a lot of steps involved in the process of getting married but I have put together in this article three fundamental steps that are crucial and necessary.

3 Fundamental Steps for Getting Married for Bachelors

#1. Move out of your parents’ house

This is a brutal fact that shouldn’t be polished. You should consider moving out of your parents’ or family house the very moment you decide to get married.

Starting your own family require that you should have some basic home appliances. Ranging from furniture, kitchen utensils and other basic items.

From experience, staying with your parents have a way of discouraging you from buying personal properties needed to start life.

The financial burden being placed on you by your family can be overbearing especially when you are staying with them. Sometimes they depend solely on you that they may not want to engage themselves in any money making venture simply because they know that you are always there to provide their needs.

Staying alone also help you to know your true financial capabilities. It helps you to know if you can be able to bring in someone into your life and at the same time pay the person’s bills.

#2. Prepare yourself

Never make the mistake of dabbling into marriage with any form of preparation. I am sure that you wouldn’t want to call it a quit after a few months of getting married.

Getting married requires some level of preparations. It could be emotionally, spiritually and even financially.

Read books or consult marriage counsellors to help guide you make the right decisions ahead of marriage.

I recommend you read this book: Things I wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.

#3. Start a relationship

Gone are those days when out of nowhere our parents will just spring up with a woman for us to marry. Nowadays, we make our choices and we live with it whether good or bad.

Being in a relationship gives you the opportunity to get to know the person before making the decision to settle down with the woman or not.

I know that we have to work hard to make ourselves financially capable to handle marriage expenditures. But we shouldn’t get so busy to the extent that there wouldn’t be time to get to meet and know the right life partner.

The long and short is that having a relationship avails you the window to evaluate your compatibility with your future partner if carefully utilized.

Lastly, never go into a relationship with a woman with the hope of marrying her. Instead, start off with an open mind.

Having an open mind will help you to see both the good and bad side of her and guide you into making an unbiased decision.

Source: https://gisthabit.com/3-fundamental-steps-for-getting-married-for-bachelors/

at most never marry a naija women undecided

They can make your life from better to worse and from worse to miserable!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Grupo(m): 6:46am On Feb 09, 2019
post=75551396:

Is this your WHOLE purpose in life?
You don't ONLY talk about it, but it is actually your moniker!
What a purpose and aim in life!!

I would rather have a mission to win more pussy than support buhari.

To me, his purpose in life is better than your purpose in life.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Feb 09, 2019
God bless Nigeria again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Ruddyman(m): 6:53am On Feb 09, 2019
Good one
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Easyluv2live(m): 7:05am On Feb 09, 2019

If not to get married then why go into a relationship at all...so you re on of those who uses their Tester first abi...bros broscheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by bluefilm: 7:08am On Feb 09, 2019
Where is tosyne2much?
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Ejiod(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2019
IdreamOfUnicorn:


• Respect is more important than love. Not that love is not important. But there are many cases where couples choose to stay together even though the love had died long before. Sometimes to support their children till they grow up, or to attain financial security. In contrary, once you lose the respect to your partner, you won’t be able to coexist. You can revive lost love, but disrespect is irreparable.
• Fancy the eyes: If you decided to fall in love with the looks, make sure to fall for the eyes, because they never age. The handsome guy that you know today, in few years’ time, will have a muffin-top belly and thinning hair and the stunning beauty that you adore now will have wrinkled face and sagged posture. Remember, the eyes are the window of the soul. You will see your partner’s passion, joy and longing through them no matter how old they are.
• Cross minefields together: When your partner is progressing through a tough time in their career or if they’re struggling with some health issues, or even going insane. This is what I call the minefield of your married life. You must cross it together. If you decided to wait for him/her at the other side of the minefield and let them cross it by themselves, you’ll definitely lose them. If they don’t make it to the other side, you have lost them. If they made it by themselves without your support… You have lost them as well.
• You will not be the same person 10 years from now: People change all the time. You fell head over heels for this person. Years of continuously getting crushed under corporate-life wheels, marathon after the kids, and drowning in daily housework, will make your partner’s personality almost unrecognizable. They might become more nervous, less sensitive, more aggressive or less forgiving. They will definitely not be the same person. And you need to come to terms with the new version of you and your partner, otherwise your life will be unbearable.
• Work as a team: You found that after few years, both of you have changed. Now more than ever, you need to work as a team. It is so hard to have a ship with two captains. Sometimes let her be in control and sometime let him lead. At the end of the day you want to arrive safely to the other side.
• Feed your intimacy: Sex is like food and drink. Everyone knows that. But some people think that everyone can survive on the same amount of food. For some people, kids’ meal is more than enough. But some won’t feel full before devouring a whole family meal. Same with sex. Don’t expect your partner to have same appetite as you. If one partner was starved that might lead to unfaithfulness. You need to communicate your feeling, needs and worries otherwise you will be stuck in an ox donkey relationship.
• Be friends: One day, many years from now, when the cyclone of emotion, intimacy, kids growing and work routines, settle down, you’ll look back at your marriage path and reflect. You will have a lot of time to spend together. If the hours passed as eternity and you don’t have anything to say, then you haven’t been friends all your life. Friendship is the glue that stick the couple together. All the way to the end.
• Don’t take things for granted: ‘Happily ever after’ is an elusive statement. There are ups and downs in any marriage. Sometimes you feel you married the perfect partner and sometimes you perceived them as partner from hell. It is always work in progress. So, celebrate the good time and be ready for the hardships.
• Don’t compare: The following scenario may happen to you after few years of marriage: You’re having dinner with your partner with another couple who look like the Romeo and Juliet of the modern day. They look passionately at each other and touch hands as if it’s their first time. She explicates her man as the perfect husband. And he talks about her as the trophy wife. At your side of the table: Sigh… look at each other… why can’t my partner be like that? Be careful, what you had witnessed might be a show. Like the one you watch at the cinema. It had start and end time. Some people are good at acting in public.
• Patience… Patience… and more Patience: When you face any obstacles just remember that time mends all problems. So take a deep breath in… shall I make myself more clear?… Let it out. Patience.
Source: indy100
Best piece I've ever read on NL
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by femi4: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2019
momentusjay:
Men and things
Too much pressure on a male figure
To be a man o....na wa o
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by eddie7: 7:35am On Feb 09, 2019
Marry for love. genuine love but most importantly, God's love. That is the only thing that will last and stand the test of time.... all others will fade away... be it wealth, beauty or even influence. Let love be the watch word
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Freddy94(m): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2019
When the bridge of marriage reach we shall cross it gracefully , one tecnique don't work for all men .
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by C505: 8:20am On Feb 09, 2019
I don't agree with number 3 except God isn't the foundation.

I have a few Christian friends who never started a relationship but prayed to God and they got their fairytale wives.

Infant, one of them told me when you're ready, first ask God to forgive you for condemning igbo, calabar, edo, yoruba, etc. Who are you to condemn what God has created in the first place? Your place isn't the best.... There are good people everywhere as much as there are bad people too.

Open your heart with fasting and prayer and ask him to give you your woman no matter her tribe. He did this every night and on the second night, he said he had a dream where he was walking and from afar, two ladies called his name. He recognized them real life from the first place he had lived as the ladies ran towards him. Inches away from him, the junior sister stopped and stepped aside to let her senior sister hug him.

They hugged for couple of seconds and caught up with life and in an instant, he woke up with a voice he heard saying "what you're looking for, you have seen it except you're looking otherwise."

The following morning, he called his aunt to ask the whereabouts of that girl. Got her contact number from his aunt and called her. Immediately he said "hello", the lady called his name and he was shocked because this is someone he hasn't seen for 15yrs.

Fastforward>>> the lady came to Lagos but what he saw wasn't his taste. No boobs, no butts, looks a little unkept and doubts started creeping in and then he said he heard again "what you're looking for, you have seen except you want otherwise."

That was the instant he made up his mind. Invited her over to his one room and proposed to her before she traveled back. Little did he know that all the locks in his life, she had the keys as everything started blossoming for him ever since she came to his life.

God already knows our perfect fit if only we ask Him. Most of us saying you have to date a girl to know her usually get it wrong cos we judge from canal knowledge. It takes forever to study a woman so if you think dating her for just a few months is enough, think again and put God first.

She's pretty, busty, curvy, slashy, are all normal judgment from men to stand out amongst friends

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by vivalavida(m): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2019
C505:

I have a few Christian friends who never started a relationship but prayed to God and they got their fairytale wives.

Infant, one of them told me when you're ready, first ask God to forgive you for condemning igbo, calabar, edo, yoruba, etc. Who are you to condemn what God has created in the first place? Your place isn't the best.... There are good people everywhere as much as there are bad people too.

Open your heart with fasting and prayer and ask him to give you your woman no matter her tribe. He did this every night and on the second night, he said he had a dream where he was walking and from afar, two ladies called his name. He recognized them real life from the first place he had lived as the ladies ran towards him. Inches away from him, the junior sister stopped and stepped aside to let her senior sister hug him.

They hugged for couple of seconds and caught up with life and in an instant, he woke up with a voice he heard saying "what you're looking for, you have seen it except you're looking otherwise."

The following morning, he called his aunt to ask the whereabouts of that girl. Got her contact number from his aunt and called her. Immediately he said "hello", the lady called his name and he was shocked because this is someone he hasn't seen for 15yrs.

Fastforward>>> the lady came to Lagos but what he saw wasn't his taste. No boobs, no butts, looks a little unkept and doubts started creeping in and then he said he heard again "what you're looking for, you have seen except you want otherwise."

That was the instant he made up his mind. Invited her over to his one room and proposed to her before she traveled back. Little did he know that all the locks in his life, she had the keys as everything started blossoming for him ever since she came to his life.

God already knows our perfect fit if only we ask Him. Most of us saying you have to date a girl to know her usually get it wrong cos we judge from canal knowledge. It takes forever to study a woman so if you think dating her for just a few months is enough, think again and put God first.

She's pretty, busty, curvy, slashy, are all normal judgment from men to stand out amongst friends

Wow

What a testimony!
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Enuguguy: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2019
Don't underestimate the power of holy Spirit in making marriage decisions

1 Like

Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2019
@op u said stayin alone wont make ur parents depend on you.thats very silly talk. The African mentality is shallow.
Parents will always b parents.
I doubt,if u were born into a dangote family what your thougnts would be.
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by ambs50: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2019
C505:

Thumbs up bro. you just sharpened my mind more. I hardly comment but I had to on this.
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by iSpread(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
momentusjay:
Men and things Too much pressure on a male figure
Shut up!!!!
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by crunchyg: 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
momentusjay:
Men and things
Too much pressure on a male figure
Hi, I like you, do you mind if we become friends?
Re: 3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors by tosyne2much(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
bluefilm:
Where is tosyne2much?
I'm here baba cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Weirdest Or Naughtiest Thing You've Caught A Lady Do / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / An Advice To Young,unmarried Men...........by Dr. Myles Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.