Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Will Religion One Day Become History? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Religion One Day Become History? (5607 Views)

We Need A Christian Forum (instead Of A 'religion' One) Like The Islam Forum / 100 Years From Now ! You Become History. / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 4:17am On Feb 17, 2019
TATIME:
No buda! The Bible foretells a time when these seemingly timid atheists who are hiding behind the scene will come out publicly and try to force everyone to become atheists! embarassed embarassed embarassed
And how, Tatime, will "timid atheists who are hiding behind the scene" grow the balls to boldly "come out publicly and try to force everyone to become atheists"?

Will Jesus die, or something?

1 Like

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by orisa37: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2019
Till your Shadow is no more.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 8:19am On Feb 17, 2019
lovelygurl:

You know, the thing about people like you is the inability of having a meaningful discussion, due to you letting sentimentality getting in the way of logical thinking.

This is what is getting in the way of your thinking. grin You doubt and refuse to accept the findings of the studies because you think a decline in the atheist population is somehow something negative. Unlike the atheist I spoke to first, you letting your emotions get in the way here grin in my case i couldn't care less if atheism was on the rise or on the decline. I merely mention it because it is relevant to the thread and because I know it will tick off some atheists. grin I didn't bother reading your other garbage for as soon as I saw the "lack of belief" crap I knew I'm dealing with a brainwashed atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by jakandeola(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
lovelygurl:

I never knew there is a spokesman for all atheists in the world, but nice meeting you, now swerve undecided
see I Neva wish to attack u in my blog but if if I tell u bad word u will hate urself cocomber girl.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2019
jakandeola:
see I Neva wish to attack u in my blog but if if I tell u bad word u will hate urself cocomber girl.

Lmao, Dummkopf!
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
rekinomtla:

grin this proves you didn't click on the link or look at the attachment.

From 16% to 12.5% of the world population. What don't you get about this?

And what dont you get about the projection being based on an increase in world population as well as an increase in the NUMBER of atheists?
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by jakandeola(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
janettee:

Lmao, Dummkopf!

I dont get
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2019
janettee:

Lmao, Dummkopf!

Lmao, careful der Trottell will start quoting you EVERYWHERE grin grin grin

He's still mad because I told him there's no woman on this earth that'll ever be "submissive" to a Schwachkopf like him grin

I'm even disappointed, I've been trying to teach him since ca. 1 and half years now that Nairaland is a forum and a thread is not a blog grin grin grin
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 9:51am On Feb 25, 2019
lovelygurl:

Lmao, careful der Trottell will start quoting you EVERYWHERE grin grin grin

He's still mad because I told him there's no woman on this earth that'll ever be "submissive" to a Schwachkopf like him grin

I'm even disappointed, I've been trying to teach him since ca. 1 and half years now that Nairaland is a forum and a thread is not a blog grin grin grin

Who doesn't know him and his 'blog' grin.

I was wondering what brought him to this section grin...

Now I know.

1 Like

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2019
LordReed:

And what dont you get about the projection being based on an increase in world population as well as an increase in the NUMBER of atheists?

I never claimed otherwise.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Feb 25, 2019
rekinomtla:

I never claimed otherwise.

Yes you did

rekinomtla:

You doubt and refuse to accept the findings of the studies because you think a decline in the atheist population is somehow something negative.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
LordReed:

Yes you did

I already clarified what I meant a number of times.
The atheist population is predicted to decline as a percentage of the world's population, from 16% to 12.5% of the world population. I'm fully aware that the population growth of atheism in terms of numbers is predicted to increase, +37 280 000 from 2015-2060 to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 11:57am On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

I already clarified what I meant a number of times.
The atheist population is predicted to decline as a percentage of the world's population, from 16% to 12.5% of the world population. I'm fully aware that the population growth of atheism in terms of numbers is predicted to increase, +37 280 000 from 2015-2060 to be precise.

But you keep saying atheism is on the decline without any qualifications, are you saying you don't know what you are implying with an unqualified statement?
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
LordReed:

But you keep saying atheism is on the decline without any qualifications, are you saying you don't know what you are implying with an unqualified statement?

Theres no need to provide qualifications when I already clarified what I meant.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

Well suit yourself we know you lot revel in self deception.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
LordReed:

Well suit yourself we know you lot revel in self deception.

grin lmfao
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

As in, a reduction in percentage of the population in 2060, according to the report. Though there'll be 37m more.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by rekinomtla(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
budaatum:

As in, a reduction in percentage of the population in 2060, according to the report. Though there'll be 37m more.

Yes. With such an insignificant increase, it explains why atheism is on the decline as a percentage of the world's population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Tozara(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
It’s very hard to predict, you see.

There’s no doubt that the traditional religions of the East and the West will one day become history. If not in the coming century, certainly in the one after it. However, I do think humans will replace them with other forms of “religion”. Anything that allows them to cling onto the sacred and access the transcendent realm of spirituality (whether or not such a thing exists is totally irrelevant to the tendencies of man, as history has proven time and time again).

I’m of the opinion that man will always be like this until something BEYOND Homo sapiens biologically evolves (Nietzsche’s Superman?) or is created by upgrading man through artificial means.

But one thing that’s for sure is that the world religions of today will one day become history. And it’s definitely not going to take a thousand years for this to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by lawani: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
There will always be theology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homosexuality And Religion / Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot / Participate In The 1st National Bible Quiz Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.