Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Love Is For The Rich - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Is For The Rich (1687 Views)

Is It Easier To Find A Virgin Among The Rich Than Among The Poor? / Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is For The Rich by Tingles(m): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2010
I believe that love doesn't exist, or it exists only in our minds. From real life situations around me, I observed that this thing we call love is always a reaction to someone's actions and it is based on artificial things.

"He calls me"
"He is so caring"
"He is so generous"
"He is so romantic"
"He is full of suprises"
"I love his dress sense"
"He is so confident, " all these takes MONEY and the poor don't stand a chance, they can't even compete. Absolute Rubbishness!

1 Like

Re: Love Is For The Rich by double08(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2010
thats true
Re: Love Is For The Rich by tayoast(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2010
cheesy
Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2010
No money no love no honey!!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by ITbomb(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2010
I think guys are now beginning to use their heads. Before i use to think 'he is so caring' is a compliment. The true meanin is the guy dey drop na why i like am
Re: Love Is For The Rich by violent(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2010
hehe!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2010
@poster
bro, you have to look at it positively rather than with the thought of which ever damsel took you out for a ride.
not everything is based on money BUT if you go for "money hungry" damsel then you only have YOURSELF to blame.

- He calls me.
if the  price of a phone call is too much for you then i am sorry to say that relationships are not meant for you. think about it, would you rather go and meet her?! that would cost EVEN more money with taxi (or bus) and you are still not in line for any "success" story.

- He is so caring.
you can care for someone without spending a dime but simply by taking an interest in her life. listen to her, discover her, help her with work/studies, take a serious interest in her as a HUMAN BEING rather than tittays and a$$.
caring doesnt mean that you should buy every stupidity she is lacking (BB, recharge cards etc). . . . . . . . . . . thats her parents job or hers if she has a damn job!

- He is so generous.
be generous with your emotion, with your attention/care rather than with your wallet. there is nothing wrong with paying for a meal. . . . . . . once in a while. . . . . . . .  but if its a necessity within your "relationship" then you better stop dating "poor cheap money hungry" damsel that look at you as a free meal ticket.

- He is so romantic.
romance has absolutely nothing to do with money. go and have fun in the park together, have a picnic (cheaper than the restaurant), walk/play on the beach.the list is long on things you can do that would further your relationship without money. again, if she asks that you take her on romantic weekend breaks to the other side of the world then i suggest you avoid dating "money hungry" damsel who only view romance as spending cash on them.

- He is full of surprises.
find out what she has never done in her past relationships and do them with her, et voila!
anything new to her will be a surprise so its all down to DISCOVERING what she has never done. thinking that money is always involved with a surprise is silly. make her a bracelet, sing a song to her or read her a poem and i am sure that she will be SURPRISED!

- I love his dress sense.
its not about how much the stuff cost but how well it looks on you. i doubt she will look at the back of your shirt to check if its really a Christian Audigier. . . . . . . .  so you dont have to dress expensive BUT dress well. if designer gear is all YOU think is meant by dressing well but aint got the loot then i suggest you go to second hand stores. et voila!

- He is so confident.
oh lawd!!!!! why do you think you need money to be confident?! walk to a stranger in the street and start talking to her, be confident to ask her the kind of question that most men wouldnt dare asking, be bold to be comfortable around her, be sincere, be honest about your feelings etc thats confidence for you AND ITS FREE!!!!!

BTW: would you rather that the gal pays for her own food etc?! ok but then you would have to pay for yours and since you dont have any money then you are shiit out of luck. i guess your view of a great relationship is that the gal comes to your place, fukcs you like a po*rnstar and then quickly disappear. . . . . . . . . . . . .

there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with telling a lady that you aint got money. if you pretend to look rich and pay for all this nonsense rather than telling her how fat your wallet truly is then you only have YOURSELF to blame for playing a part that aint fit to your resume. . . . . . . . .and if all the gals around you wants money to be spent on them before you guys can date then i suggest you move to a neighborhood not full of skanks.

but remember,some money have to be spent somehow to ENJOY being with someone!!!

1 Like

Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2010
^^
The one hundredth and twenty seventh epistle of mr.brown jay! shocked shocked
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^ you know i like to show these spring chicken that they are wrong.
btw, since you think that the poster is right, you should educate yourself on my post too! lol
Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 12:35am On Aug 23, 2010
angry angry
Re: Love Is For The Rich by baybbootz(f): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2010
You go Mrbrown. grin grin
School these dudes and let them know not all of us ladies are about the moulah. Some of us are independent,pay and take care of ourselves.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2010
baybbootz let me hear word,, grin grin
U and i know that your #1 criteria in choosin a man is for his bank account to have over 6-9 digits!!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by violent(m): 1:14am On Aug 23, 2010
cool
Re: Love Is For The Rich by iice(f): 2:28am On Aug 23, 2010
Love is for those who experience it.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 2:37am On Aug 23, 2010
iice what re u doin wit a pic of vampire on ur profile wall~
Re: Love Is For The Rich by iice(f): 2:42am On Aug 23, 2010
Go feed your hens or something
Re: Love Is For The Rich by na2day2(m): 2:55am On Aug 23, 2010
Tingles:

I believe that love doesn't exist, or it exists only in our minds. From real life situations around me, I observed that this thing we call love is always a reaction to someone's actions and it is based on artificial things.

"He calls me"
"He is so caring"
"He is so generous"
"He is so romantic"
"He is full of suprises"
"I love his dress sense"
"He is so confident, " all these takes MONEY and the poor don't stand a chance, they can't even compete. Absolute Rubbishness!

none of the above is love, get ur facts right!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tosinville(m): 3:14am On Aug 23, 2010
Love?¿¿. . . . . . Is dat irish or spanish?
Re: Love Is For The Rich by na2day2(m): 3:51am On Aug 23, 2010
Tosinville:

Love?¿¿. . . . . . Is dat irish or spanish?

which one is more challenging to u?
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tosinville(m): 4:01am On Aug 23, 2010
^^perhaps "zulu" i guess
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tingles(m): 5:33am On Aug 23, 2010
@MrJay: That is another way of looking at it but I'm talking about someone that is not yet in a relationship with the girl, you want to impress her but not beyond your means. Did you forget that you aren't the only one 'troubleshooting' her? There is a long queue behind you.

You talk to her on phone for 10mins (glo to mtn), the next guy on the queue spends 30mins saying "Good Morning"

It is during the daytime xtracool calls that the guy inquires after the girls personal life and discovers a need, the rich guy will never discuss the problem any further, the next moment you see him, he's at her doorstep with the solution in hand. Suprise!

"you are addressed the way you are dressed, appearance shows the manner, handsome is as handsome does, " a good dress sense emphasizes only the container, rather than the content and can be bought cheap. Does it show who we really are?

The words in quote are just few of the numerous excuses girls give for tripping for a guy, they are indirectly saying "he's riches than the others"

1 Like

Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tingles(m): 5:50am On Aug 23, 2010
@baybootz Feel free to speak for your kind, prove me wrong.
@Na2day? I never referred to it as love, it is some of the factors around which the feeble minded gender build their emotions.

For me, the opposite of rich isn't poor, it is "normal"
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^ok i feel you.
Tingles:

@MrJay: That is another way of looking at it but I'm talking about someone that is not yet in a relationship with the girl, you want to impress her but not beyond your means. Did you forget that you aren't the only one 'troubleshooting' her? There is a long queue behind you.

looking at it this way, you have already failed before you started. be the best man YOU can be and if that aint good enough for her then go and find someone worthy of who you TRULY are. this is not some kind of auction where the richest and more generous wins the prize,and if your gal value this garbage then you best stay well away from her.

instead of trying to "impress" her with irrelevant stuff, why dont you impress her with your mind, your being, your intellect, your fun personality, your swagg or whatever emotion that glows out of you instead of the new BB or whatever?!

You talk to her on phone for 10mins (glo to mtn), the next guy on the queue spends 30mins saying "Good Morning". It is during the daytime xtracool calls that the guy inquires after the girls personal life and discovers a need, the rich guy will never discuss the problem any further, the next moment you see him, he's at her doorstep with the solution in hand.  Suprise

call her from a payphone or cheap call center and save on calls. . . . . . .   et voila!

"you are addressed the way you are dressed, appearance shows the manner, handsome is as handsome does, " a good dress sense emphasizes only the container, rather than the content and can be bought cheap. Does it show who we really are?

remember, its all about HOW YOU LOOK and has nothing to do with how much the outfit cost.

The words in quote are just few of the numerous excuses girls give for tripping for a guy, they are indirectly saying "he's riches than the others"

i suggest you go look elsewhere for gals to date! who would want to be in a relationship with a gal that evaluate their fortune as the reason to date them?! that would be a sad relationship knowing that you will always find someone richer than you.
btw: Bill Gates used to be the richest man in the world, not anymore!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tingles(m): 6:44am On Aug 23, 2010
@MrJayBrown: Now thats what I call a western perspective. These girls are not in Nigeria anylonger, the present generation is short-sighted, doesn't see past the present and they lack the patience to see what you've got within, intelligence scares them sh*tless, the good ones are taken. Still on the search anyway.

1 Like

Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^^so you rather settle for a "money hungry" one instead of waiting to find the RIGHT one?!
if, as you said, the good ones are already taken then that means that all is not lost as there are some out there, at least. keep searching!
Re: Love Is For The Rich by chiozor: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
bro, you have to look at it positively rather than with the thought of which ever damsel took you out for a ride.
not everything is based on money BUT if you go for "money hungry" damsel then you only have YOURSELF to blame.

- He calls me.
if the price of a phone call is too much for you then i am sorry to say that relationships are not meant for you. think about it, would you rather go and meet her?! that would cost EVEN more money with taxi (or bus) and you are still not in line for any "success" story.
It is money that must used for the calling, either buying card or going to payphone. the question is will she say you love her if you don't have a dime to recharge your phone or to call her. the person that calls her may have the money but do not love her but the fellow that has no money even love her more but cannot afford even 100naira to feed let alone calling.

- He is so caring.
you can care for someone without spending a dime but simply by taking an interest in her life. listen to her, discover her, help her with work/studies, take a serious interest in her as a HUMAN BEING rather than tittays and a$$.
caring doesnt mean that you should buy every stupidity she is lacking (BB, recharge cards etc). . . . . . . . . . . thats her parents job or hers if she has a damn job!
i can bet you that prying into a girl life and not contributing financially, you are miserable, you ask, how is studies going and what are the diffculties, she tells you she needs a texbook and you donot have money to give to buy the textbook, can you just imagine that

- He is so generous.
be generous with your emotion, with your attention/care rather than with your wallet. there is nothing wrong with paying for a meal. . . . . . . once in a while. . . . . . . . but if its a necessity within your "relationship" then you better stop dating "poor cheap money hungry" damsel that look at you as a free meal ticket.

- He is so romantic.
romance has absolutely nothing to do with money. go and have fun in the park together, have a picnic (cheaper than the restaurant), walk/play on the beach.the list is long on things you can do that would further your relationship without money. again, if she asks that you take her on romantic weekend breaks to the other side of the world then i suggest you avoid dating "money hungry" damsel who only view romance as spending cash on them.

- He is full of surprises.
find out what she has never done in her past relationships and do them with her, et voila!
anything new to her will be a surprise so its all down to DISCOVERING what she has never done. thinking that money is always involved with a surprise is silly. make her a bracelet, sing a song to her or read her a poem and i am sure that she will be SURPRISED!

- I love his dress sense.
its not about how much the stuff cost but how well it looks on you. i doubt she will look at the back of your shirt to check if its really a Christian Audigier. . . . . . . . so you dont have to dress expensive BUT dress well. if designer gear is all YOU think is meant by dressing well but aint got the loot then i suggest you go to second hand stores. et voila!

- He is so confident.
oh lawd!!!!! why do you think you need money to be confident?! walk to a stranger in the street and start talking to her, be confident to ask her the kind of question that most men wouldnt dare asking, be bold to be comfortable around her, be sincere, be honest about your feelings etc thats confidence for you AND ITS FREE!!!!!

BTW: would you rather that the gal pays for her own food etc?! ok but then you would have to pay for yours and since you dont have any money then you are shiit out of luck. i guess your view of a great relationship is that the gal comes to your place, fukcs you like a po*rnstar and then quickly disappear. . . . . . . . . . . . .

there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with telling a lady that you aint got money. if you pretend to look rich and pay for all this nonsense rather than telling her how fat your wallet truly is then you only have YOURSELF to blame for playing a part that aint fit to your resume. . . . . . . . .and if all the gals around you wants money to be spent on them before you guys can date then i suggest you move to a neighborhood not full of skanks.

but remember,some money have to be spent somehow to ENJOY being with someone!!!

if i read the poster clearly he meant that anything about womenfolks is money.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2010
chiozor:

It is money that must used for the calling, either buying card or going to payphone. the question is will she say you love her if you don't have a dime to recharge your phone or to call her. the person that calls her may have the money but do not love her but the fellow that has no money even love her more but cannot afford even 100naira to feed let alone calling.

if a person is complaining because of the price of a phone call then he is definitely NOT READY for a relationship.
btw: phone calls are beneficial for the both of them and usually made to enquire about the other's well being, i.e caring.

i can bet you that prying into a girl life and not contributing financially, you are miserable, you ask, how is studies going and what are the diffculties, she tells you she needs a texbook and you donot have money to give to buy the textbook, can you just imagine that?

rotflmao!!!! just because you care about her studies doesnt mean that you have to pay for it. if she says she needs a textbook then simply tell her to ask her parents/siblings/aunt etc to buy it for her. tell her that you are as poor as her and that instead of buying her a textbook, you will help her study together.
surely, the gal cant be mad at you for being broke. lol!

what you wrote is the reason why so many guys fail miserably in relationships. they wanna pretend to be someone they are not, not being honest about who they truly are.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by adagz01(m): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2010
Love is real.but nowadays gals(90%) dont seem to look into ur potentials rather they prefer the quick go.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nayah(f): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2010
Dear poster I really think your statement is radical. Love is about money for those who want to, means superficial, or gold digger, but some people can fell comfortable with someone by talking, hanging out with another ones, maybe you've not experienced it yet and in that case, I advise you to pray for that and maybe you'll think in different way.
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Nautillus(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2010
hmmmm. . . . iice, what happened here, been away for a lil while and it seems like everything changed, the Gen-Y homo erectus have changed everything, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk
Re: Love Is For The Rich by Tingles(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2010
@Chiozor You understood my point. Normal guys don't get the chance to express themselves in their own way, those chicks doesn't even understand the ways of the normal guys.
@MrBrown Were you once a student? I guess you wrote love letters in you own time, there were no eateries, few students use cars then. Has a guy given a female friend you were walking with a lift while he left you on the streets with your legs?

My point is that these guys makes sacrifices that doesn't affect them in any way and they can do this to many girls at the same time while the guys with the emotions gives when it hurts most, the little they give earns them hate by comparison.

1 Like

Re: Love Is For The Rich by release190(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2010
@iice, i would do that after feeding u with maize!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is It With Men And B: / Stereotypical Naija Women / Can A Pretty Promising Girl B All Yours 4ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.