Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. (15907 Views)

Glo On A Rampage / How To Browse For Free In The Night [MTN] / How Can I Configure Etisalat & Glo On Mtn F@stlink After Unlocking D Mtn Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2010
It's confirmed now, glo won't work with my universal modem. Just tried it. What can I do now?
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by zenus(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
I have been waitin for this package
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
yahoo!:

It's confirmed now, glo won't work with my universal modem. Just tried it. What can I do now?

@yahoo, i knew that is a possibility, but all hope is not lost.
it can still be done. do you stay in Lagos. if you do I can show
you someone, who can make your modem be trully universal.

option 2.
go to huawei's website and check how you can make your modem
work with glo sim. glo sim makes use of NDIC (only Gos knows what that means
-am just a teacher by training), find out waht that means and get yourself sorted out. i'm still trying to solve this problem myself too.
but it should work on your phone. try it. that is how
some of us know this things we try them
out.

I would have tried it too, but i
do not have a smartphone now.

wish you well.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2010
@jaysay, thanks so much. It actually worked on my phone. Also worked on lappy via the phone through pc suite, just that it won't be as fast as using a modem if you understand what I mean.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by BankoleO1: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2010
base 1:

@Bankole O, thanks a bunch, i really appreciate your response, i have the glo direct, glo 3g, glo mobile internet and glo world, most of them came wif the sim, the customer care lady was so specific, she said it wouldnt work, but with your response id be trying out the always micro, when my zain lite is expired.

yOu welcome
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by LUDALOOLO(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2010
can i use it with my phone
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2010
yahoo!:

@jaysay, thanks so much. It actually worked on my phone. Also worked on lappy via the phone through pc suite, just that it won't be as fast as using a modem if you understand what I mean.

@yahoo, it will work at a fast speed if you connect it through your phone if
in the spec of your phone it support UMTS/HSDPA/3G.
I actually tried the glo thing with nokia 5800 yesterday. I deleted the other settings that got
into the phone automatic, and inputed the profile for 3G internet.
APN gloflat, Username flat, password flat. it was able to browse, but yes, it
was not as fast as using it with a modem. but for phone it is okay.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Sharon6(f): 1:56am On Aug 28, 2010
Jaysay, can this plan work on my phone? i use nokia e63.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2010
.Sharon:

Jaysay, can this plan work on my phone? i use nokia e63.

@sharon, it can work with your nokia e63.
you need to put the right setting in your internet setting.
And that will be;
APN: gloflat
username: flat
password: flat

and then you will activate it and set it as your default setting,
then you can go on to ACTIAVTE the bundle (sending
13 in a text message to 127. be sure to have at least N1 in your account.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2010
@jaysay, I use Nokia E71 which is HSDPA/UMTS/3G. Thanks so much.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ifedisky(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2010
Itz perfect. I use mtn night belt bundle so weekends are really a bore for me until now. I loaded a daily bundle #500 on glo and I'm getting 150mb. Now beat that! Activvation. send 10 to 127. To check usage, text INFO to 127.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by omoboy08(m): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2010
can some1 pls tel me hw 2activate my glo line for 3G service on my e51
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2010
Ifedisky:

Itz perfect. I use mtn night belt bundle so weekends are really a bore for me until now. I loaded a daily bundle #500 on glo and I'm getting 150mb. Now beat that! Activvation. send 10 to 127. To check usage, text INFO to 127.
u were just lucky dey activated the ALWAYS MICRO for instead of the ALWAYS DAY
try it next month n see how it goes grin grin
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by tunde121oke: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2010
better than mtn and zain i guess
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by omoboy08(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
Any help on how to activate 3G glo line on fone
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2010
omoboy08:

activate 1 of the 3g data plans and call 444 for settings and activation
cheers
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
omoboy08:

to activate glo line for internet follow this process:

Send ACTIVATE in a text message to 127.

after that you can choose from;
Always day 10 to 127 (N500 for 150mb for 24 hours)
Always micro 13 to 127 (N1,000 for 150mb 30 days validity)
11 to 127 (N5,000 for 1.5Gb for 30 days validity),
there is more.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ifedisky(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2010
lynxnoon:

u were just lucky dey activated the ALWAYS MICRO for instead of the ALWAYS DAY
try it next month n see how it goes grin grin
cool cool cool What they said is what they give. I loaded today, same 150mb at #500
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ayire(m): 6:10am On Sep 01, 2010
ok av tried it but its not workin on phone can u put me tru on how to make it work on fon,
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2010
Ayire:

ok av tried it but its not workin on phone can u put me tru on how to make it work on fon,

what is the make of your phone
and what have you tried? post 'em here
let me see and I will tell you waht to do.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 10:14am On Sep 01, 2010
Ifedisky:

cool cool cool What they said is what they give. I loaded today, same 150mb at #500
well it it's only valid for 24hrs then. . . . . undecided
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ifedisky(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
lynxnoon:

well it it's only valid for 24hrs then. . . . . undecided
Yea it is. The monthly 150mb bit does not work again apparently. I tried loading today and I was given "insufficient credit" as feedback even though I had 1k loasded. I called customer care and they confirmed only the 500 daily bundle has been launched. Still not bad.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ayire(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
@jaysay tnx for ur commitment d problem is a friend of mine has done it but its not connectin on fon but later e changed d apn d user name n passwrd but the web browser is not work n also opera is nt workin except a chattin application, will b glad if u can help cos i want to do it too n am usin nokia5800, tnx
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ayire:

@jaysay tnx for your commitment d problem is a friend of mine has done it but its not connectin on fon but later e changed d apn d user name n passwrd but the web browser is not work n also opera is nt workin except a chattin application, will b glad if u can help cos i want to do it too n am usin nokia5800, tnx

after putting the correct APN, username and password,
you'll have to set it as default browsing. when you do that it would work.
This seting will work with your 5800.

the default setting for the 5800 will be glo direct, so delete it, and
activate the gloflat. or you could just switch it to the first number, it is possible
that the glosecure/glodirect is the default setting automatically. so check it and try again.

And do you stay in Lagos? May be you can bring it so that I can fix it for you.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ifedisky:

Yea it is. The monthly 150mb bit does not work again apparently. I tried loading today and I was given "insufficient credit" as feedback even though I had 1k loasded. I called customer care and they confirmed only the 500 daily bundle has been launched. Still not bad.
dont ming dose cc pple jare; dey dont seem to know dia work well. . . i wonder why dey dont send/give dem update courses or somtin.
The monthly thingy works well; next tym make sure u have like #1,100 naira on the sim
, then send 13 to 127. . . . also make sure u dont have any data plan active.
cheers
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by jaysay(m): 12:21am On Sep 02, 2010
Ifedisky:

lynxnoon:

dont ming dose cc pple jare; dey dont seem to know dia work well. . . i wonder why dey dont send/give dem update courses or somtin.
The monthly thingy works well; next tym make sure u have like #1,100 naira on the sim
, then send 13 to 127. . . . also make sure u dont have any data plan active.
cheers

It still works, just like he's told you. I activated one today.mong the
you should have at least N1,050 naira. cos on glo,
if you are on N0 balance it wont browse or connect.

When i discovered that this thing works, I asked a glo
official at gloworld PPL/CONOIL filling station, he told me vehemently nothing like that.
If you send 1 to 127, it will be among the options you'll get. 13 to 127 to activate.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ayire(m): 2:45am On Sep 02, 2010
no i dont stay in lag so if i change all dat it will work wit opera 5beta2 n the normal web, must i delete any of glo settings sent to me or i can just edit any one to gloflat n start browsin, tnx for been dere.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2010
Ayire:

no i dont stay in lag so if i change all dat it will work wit opera 5beta2 n the normal web, must i delete any of glo settings sent to me or i can just edit any one to gloflat n start browsin, tnx for been dere.
u dont have to delete anytin.
jst create a new setting then move to INTERNET and then set priority as 1.
u can then exit and restart ur fone
I hope that helps
cheer
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by Ayire(m): 6:42am On Sep 03, 2010
tnx, my friend is now browsin will do my own today@jaysay
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by yahoo2(m): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2010
This glo always micro is the bomb! Far far far better than the bleeping zain lite. Imagine the speed when I connect my fone to my lappy! I wonder how it will be like if my modem works with it.
Re: Browse For As Low As N1,000 Per Month With Glo On Your Pc. by lynxnoon(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2010
yahoo!:

This glo always micro is the bomb! Far far far better than the[b] bleeping zain lite[/b]. Imagine the speed when I connect my fone to my lappy! I wonder how it will be like if my modem works with it.
last time i used zain lite . . . . it stopped browsing after i had like almost 15MB left,cudnt use it till it expired sad
i recently did d glo always micro on a frnds nokia5800 and its really really cool; this data plan is very good for smart phones (IMO) wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Better Android Or A Windows Phone / How To Bypass FRP Lock On Any Samsung Device / 10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.